"Is Female Robin good?"

Dr. Tarrasque

9 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Interestingly enough:

c18a6c7144.png

25033b27a4.png

I guess these 4* Stats are showing 5* stats...how odd.

Here's someone who 5*' 40'd Robin!F via Reddit though:

ced227d108.png

How tf do people already have her at 5* level 40 @.@

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

F!Robin is... kind of a disappointment. I was hoping she'd get a Gronnraven tome and her skillset, while good for taking her male counterpart, cavalry, and other blue mages, limits her versatility. Also, always having neutral stats makes her kind of predictable match-up wise. I suppose she might work story-wise, but Nino and Julia are likely your picks if you want good green mages.

2 minutes ago, Folt said:

F!Robin is... kind of a disappointment. I was hoping she'd get a Gronnraven tome and her skillset, while good for taking her male counterpart, cavalry, and other blue mages, limits her versatility. Also, always having neutral stats makes her kind of predictable match-up wise. I suppose she might work story-wise, but Nino and Julia are likely your picks if you want good green mages.

As a general rule, gacha games will never make free characters as good as characters you have to pull for, to incentivize you to pull for the better units. And yeah, sure, Nino and Julia are superior green mages, but there's no guarantee of ever pulling them while there IS a guarantee of getting F!Robin. And so this is good for those people without a Nino or Julia. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

As a general rule, gacha games will never make free characters as good as characters you have to pull for, to incentivize you to pull for the better units. And yeah, sure, Nino and Julia are superior green mages, but there's no guarantee of ever pulling them while there IS a guarantee of getting F!Robin. And so this is good for those people without a Nino or Julia. 

Oh definitely, but she's going to get replaced if you do pull them (or have other green units that's better for your team set-up).

10 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

-acquire 3* robin

-dump a bunch of green shards (i have sooooooooo many myself) to lv20

-promote with your 20k feathers that you may or may not have

-raise a few levels in the arena (it takes like 1 hour to get to level 10-15 for instance) and crystal the rest of the exp away.

Can confirm that Marth is really helpful here (mine's +Spd/-HP). He basically waltzed in and murdered his way through the enemy backline while the melee twiddled their thumbs.

Basically, I moved Marth in just north of the choke, then had Olivia (4*+1; +Spd/-HP) Dance him so that he could run up and blick the blue mage. Had Nowi Rally Def her, though Rally Res or either in Spur/Fortify form would have worked, as well. Remaining mages and axe fighter went for Olivia, leaving her with 2-3 HP. Lance guy got stuck behind Robin because she was so eager to zap Olivia. Axe fighter is left with 6 HP. Next turn, Marth, uncontested, murders the red mage. Nowi (neutral nature) pushes in and pokes Robin (probably not really necessary, as Marth would straight-up murder Robin without help), then Olivia retreats to safety. Here, I used 4* Camilla, but anything with balanced defenses is probably okay (mine's a +Def, -Atk; Spur Spd might be necessary if your Nowi or sub isn't fast enough to avoid getting doubled), to come in and finish off the axe fighter. Lance fighter finally realizes Marth is actually a threat and tries to get him. Robin duels Nowi and takes more damage.

After that, it was just clean-up, though some finagling might be necessary for teams that significantly deviate from what I did. Camilla cleaned up the lance fighter, then Marth got Robin. But Robin was also low enough to get finished by Nowi or Camilla. I think Marth could have just out-dueled the lancer, as well. A non-flier who offed the axe fighter would have been able to reach the lancer with an Olivia Dance, if necessary.

Cleaner than my Narcian clear, but I suppose that should be expected with a more specialized team with a higher overall rarity rating of a 5*, 4*+1 (+1 is very likely negligible, though) and 2x 4* (Narcian's was doable with a 5*, 4* and 2x 3*; probably doable with 2x 4* and 2x 3*, though).

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi
Corrected Nowi's nature.

You could beat Narcian hard mode with just rotation and initial (Sharena/Raigh) heroes. I'm sure there's a way to do similar for this one, probably using something like Cecilia, Olivia, Anna and Sophia. Maybe Felicia over Sophia or Olivia? The maps have been really well-made for stuff like that so far and this one doesn't seem to be an exception. Like, they don't have to be designing them that way--they could easily say "well, just clear the normal mode map and let the players with good rolls do the hard mode" but so far they're not.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It takes like half an hour tops to hit level 20 in the tower. Do that twice.

Then just toss orbs at the stamina restore until she's maxed out.

Took about 6 hours and about 15 orbs to max her out.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It takes like half an hour tops to hit level 20 in the tower. Do that twice.

Then just toss orbs at the stamina restore until she's maxed out.

Took about 6 hours and about 15 orbs to max her out.

Sounds about right xD kinda what i am doing but taking my time maxing her

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

No wonder it's not possible for me to beat this map. If everyone is using only 5 star units at high levels, I'm wasting my time. I still have no 5 star units. It's not fair. I could really use more mages since male Robin sucks... I don't have many green units either.

So, you refuse to get the 2 star with the easier map and just fork over 200 extra feathers, 20 levels, and the 20 green badges you're likely to have? Okay.

FYI 3-4 star male Reflet have immense value...upgrading to a weapon triangle advantage over colorless/gray.

I doubt you truly know a character that sucks in heroes.

Edited by shadowofchaos

7 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

So, you refuse to get the 2 star with the easier map and just fork over 200 extra feathers, 20 levels, and the 20 green badges you're likely to have? Okay.

FYI 3-4 star male Reflet have immense value...upgrading to a weapon triangle advantage over colorless/gray.

I doubt you truly know a character that sucks in heroes.

Um, no? I never said anything about refusing the 2 star, I was actually going for the 2 star because none of my units are anywhere near capable of getting the 3 star one. How about you not assume things?

FYI, male Robin can have varying stats, mine just ended up with poor ones. I know my own units better than you do, thank you very much.

3 hours ago, Folt said:

That would be stepping on Cecilla toes though as she the one who has Gronnraven. Pretty sure all the mages in the game has a unique 5 star color tome exclusive to them for now. Though I agree that right now she much better as a story/training unit with the much larger unit varieties there. Though I imagine with Ursula, people might seriously start running Cavalry defense teams with the bonus stacking they can reach...

1 minute ago, ExpendableExtra said:

That would be stepping on Cecilla toes though as she the one who has Gronnraven. Pretty sure all the mages in the game has a unique 5 star color tome exclusive to them for now. Though I agree that right now she much better as a story/training unit with the much larger unit varieties there. Though I imagine with Ursula, people might seriously start running Cavalry defense teams with the bonus stacking they can reach...

The problem of F!Robin being a Ursula counter is her low Res. If she doesn't kill Ursula in one hit, she's could be in trouble.

2 minutes ago, Adenn666 said:

but which of my guys would help with beating the hard map?

Niles and Tiki would definitely be helpful. If you wanted to push up Felicia too, that'd be helpful. All three of them have pretty dang high Res to soak up damage.

Additionally, your current Marth and Henry would be pretty useful for the map. Odin won't be quite as useful for dealing with Robin herself because of her innate Blue tomebreaker.

Lastly, Celicia's Rally Resistance on your Marth could help. Just for this map.

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

Niles and Tiki would definitely be helpful. If you wanted to push up Felicia too, that'd be helpful. All three of them have pretty dang high Res to soak up damage.

Additionally, your current Marth and Henry would be pretty useful for the map. Odin won't be quite as useful for dealing with Robin herself because of her innate Blue tomebreaker.

Lastly, Celicia's Rally Resistance on your Marth could help. Just for this map.

Cool thanks. Guess I got some levelling to do.

Female Robin having basically the same stats as Male Robin isn't a good thing, in my opinion. She doesn't have the resistance to handle other mages other than Robin, Linde (whom she will still take a reasonable chunk of damage from), maybe Merric since his res is so low, and Cecilia since she's mounted (though Robin will still take a lot damage from Cecilia if she can't OHKO). Unlike Julia, who can at least put a reasonable dent into them, F!Robin is worthless against red mages aside from Leo (whom she's not going to enjoy taking a hit from thanks to him having a WTA and Quick Riposte), and she will definitely lose against the other green mages Nino and Julia. She also loses the advantage against colorless foes that M!Robin has, making her a weaker ranged unit baiter overall without being any better against melee units other than cavalry, which are scarce in the current meta. Quick, powerful sword users running rampant in the arena does her no favors, either. She does have one thing over Julia and Nino in that her defense is respectable enough that if she can't one-shot lance users, she will live a hit to the face on the following turn, and she will survive Takumi assuming he's not +Spd, but I feel like she's less effective as a green mage than Julia or Nino and less effective than M!Robin overall. Defiant Resistance seems almost worthless since she will still lose to most other mages, and it's far less useful than Defiant Speed.

We will have some cavalry units coming in the future such as Camus, Xander, Ursula, and perhaps the masked man which may make her more relevant, but while she will likely stomp on Camus, Ursula, and the masked man, she will lose to Xander if she can't OHKO as he will likely 2HKO her (he cannot be baited by her since he's melee, so she will have to make the first strike, but Siegfried allows him to counter and she loses next turn).

Edited by Delfino

11 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

The problem of F!Robin being a Ursula counter is her low Res. If she doesn't kill Ursula in one hit, she's could be in trouble.

True, low resist is a problem, but she does have blue tomebreaker, so she is guaranteed to double Ursula so all she will probably need at worst is maybe an attack buff to make sure that 1.7x combo from both WTA and effective weapon works Ursula over.

48 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Um, no? I never said anything about refusing the 2 star, I was actually going for the 2 star because none of my units are anywhere near capable of getting the 3 star one. How about you not assume things?

FYI, male Robin can have varying stats, mine just ended up with poor ones. I know my own units better than you do, thank you very much.

The stat variations shouldn't ever be more than a 1-3 point difference though. Do you happen to know the boon/bane? (There are ways to check as long as he is either level 1 or anything above 20) He may still be salvagable.

Also the promotion does make a considerable difference. I know from personal experience that my Robin was pretty trash as a 4*, but I promoted him because I had no other Takumi counter at the time. And he's doing significantly better now! Maybe yours could be the same way?

Okay, I managed to do it with a team of Marth 5* / Kagero 4*  / Olivia / adulTiki 5*. Strategy consisted of sending Marth in to tank the initial round of hits, Escape to my waiting peeps, then letting Kagero snipe the approaching mages from behind the wall with Olivia's assistance and Tiki's spur Res boosts, then Tiki closed in to finish off the lancer.

11 hours ago, Dual Dragons said:

It might be dependent on your Boons/Banes but the one point less of Spur Def shouldn't matter. The only thing Robin's doing in Hard is supporting Marth so I think it's doable with 4* Robin.

If I had enough Stamina, I would show how it went down. Keep in mind I had 4* Olivia and 5* Camilla so Hone Attack 3 and Dance is a factor.

Ah yeah I wound up managing it without =w= (see above) Thanks!

10 hours ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

In what way is that a douche move? What I'm saying is that people may think that they're at fault because they can't strategize well thinking they are really bad at this game. When people tell them to "just" strategize and tell everyone how easy that map was completely ignoring the major factor why they even won in the 1st place to begin with. Like with Narcian, I lost count of how many people bragged how easy it was and putting down everyone else who couldn't clear the map while they all used Camilla... 

What I'm saying is that these Grand Hero maps are designed towards specific hereos and their attributes. Most of the time it's those that were in the banner, cashgrab. Of course, there are going to be plenty of loopholes because alot of hereos have similar skills. If you don't have the specific heroes the map was originally aimed for you have to find the heroes who performance simularly to the the featured banner heroes. 

I think I cleared the whole map on hard in 3 turns in total. I'll not brag, though. Because I realize more than anything that it was a matter of luck of the draw and not how well you strategize. 

The map can't be effectively done by F2P players. Maybe at 50% rating at most but not close to 100% depending on what heroes you've managed to summon. Like, on my 1st account I summoned hereos that can do really well on Narcian map but not that good on F.Robin map. Meanwhile, on my 2nd account I think I've managed to summon few of the best heroes possible for F.Robin map, outside the banner aswell. However, I don't think I'll be able to clear the Narcian map as easily on my 2nd account tho. So both of my accounts have a 50% rating so far because of the heroes summoned. I'll admit it, though. Narcian map allowed more options and I'd definetely consider it more of a strategizing because you could approuch it from different directions. F.Robin only have one entrance/exit with enemies waiting right outside.

Ahh I suppose you're right, I may have been misinterpreting your intent... my bad, I take it back. Your intent is fair.

On the other hand, though, I don't think you're right about the bolded thing. I managed both on their hard rating; I lacked Camilla in any form for Narcian but still managed it, and managed Robin all right as well as mentioned above. I think even barring Kagero, it might have even still been doable with Felicia, who's free, and a unit with enough Defense might manage to tank the initial round with Rally Resistance from Cecilia (also free), as a couple people were suggesting.

I guess you could say I got lucky in getting Marth, which might be true, though he's my only natural 5* so far so I like to think I've been managing pretty good for a F2P player. As it stands, the only challenge I stand to possibly not finish by the time it's over is the Axe proficiency challenge, though I consider that more my own fault for getting rid of a 4* Frederick that I rolled and otherwise being forced to resort to using Anna lol. (Which, I still plan on doing, maybe burning a Light's Blessing on if I have to, but might not even bother with that since I've been getting pretty good Crest numbers from the training tower so w/e.)

Edited by BANRYU

30 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The stat variations shouldn't ever be more than a 1-3 point difference though. Do you happen to know the boon/bane? (There are ways to check as long as he is either level 1 or anything above 20) He may still be salvagable.

Also the promotion does make a considerable difference. I know from personal experience that my Robin was pretty trash as a 4*, but I promoted him because I had no other Takumi counter at the time. And he's doing significantly better now! Maybe yours could be the same way?

Hm, maybe. But I won't be able to make Robin a 5 star for quite some time. Frederick is my priority for 5 star upgrading right now.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Um, no? I never said anything about refusing the 2 star, I was I know my own units better than you do, thank you very much.

If you're making it sound like you absolutely need a 5 star (like you are) to enjoy the game, you clearly don't know your own units. As the difference in IVs aren't anywhere near significant enough to blame a unit for being sucky.

If you lose a point in one stat via IVs, it's added somewhere else.

Edit:

Wow. "Ignis" is a lie for English for the male variety.

Spoiler

C5YWDkvUUAA9kjt.jpg

C5YWCaLVIAAnsXq.jpg

Edited by shadowofchaos

4 hours ago, lysander said:

You could beat Narcian hard mode with just rotation and initial (Sharena/Raigh) heroes. I'm sure there's a way to do similar for this one, probably using something like Cecilia, Olivia, Anna and Sophia. Maybe Felicia over Sophia or Olivia? The maps have been really well-made for stuff like that so far and this one doesn't seem to be an exception. Like, they don't have to be designing them that way--they could easily say "well, just clear the normal mode map and let the players with good rolls do the hard mode" but so far they're not.

I'm going to attempt this with Raigh, because he's my equivalent of a hammer.

2 hours ago, Adenn666 said:

Not sure if this is a good place to ask, but which of my guys would help with beating the hard map? I already have the 2 star Robin so if I need to i'll just level her up. Really I just want the 3 star one since it'd save me some time getting her to 5 stars.

See that Felicia?  Start giving her some love.  She should be able to tank all three mages.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

If you're making it sound like you absolutely need a 5 star (like you are) to enjoy the game, you clearly don't know your own units. As the difference in IVs aren't anywhere near significant enough to blame a unit for being sucky.

No, I'm saying you probably need 5 star units to do maps like the hard version of female Robin's.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

If you lose a point in one stat via IVs, it's added somewhere else.

Stats are not equivalent to each other, so losing or gaining those points in specific stats can make a large difference.

For example, [+Spd] Robin (M) cannot be double attacked by Takumi without buffs or debuffs active, whereas [=Spd] Robin (M) will be double attacked by [+Spd] Takumi and [-Spd] Robin (M) will be double attacked by any Takumi that isn't [-Spd].

Similarly, [=Atk] Ryoma will never fail to kill Takumi in 2 hits, again without buffs or debuffs active and without healing, whereas [-Atk] Ryoma will fail to kill certain Takumi variants in 2 hits. Ryoma is also guaranteed to avoid being killed by Takumi in 2 hits with certain natures regardless of Takumi's nature.

Yes, it is entirely possible to get a particular nature on a character that makes them suck. (Whether the particular example is one of them is up for debate; there's no need to bother with specifics here.)

Furthermore, because certain stats have a +4 or -4 on a positive or negative nature, it's entirely possible that one defensive combination dies whereas another survives with 1 HP in a particular match-up simply by trading Def and HP modifiers, for example.