Can we use Heroes trends as a basis? (Roster potential)

Jedi

Crazy fan theory time, mostly because likely the FE Warriors roster has already been decided and planned in advance, but just what if the Heroes poll and the first set of characters was a hint of things to come in Warriors? 

Heroes has way more Elibe characters than quite a number of people expected and the first expansions added a few Jugdral and Magvel characters, can we potentially expect some of these things in Warriors? Or am I just plain crazy, don't be scared to call me crazy. Sometimes you gotta be. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't be surprising if the poll played a part or influenced the characters that can be in Warriors.  While I'm sure they would go the Hyrule Warriors route of picking some characters from left field, the poll could definitely show them just what characters are popular and who people would want to play as

My guess is they reserved space when making Warriors so that they could use the poll to decide on additional characters outside of existing planned characters. If I had to guess, I'd say they picked a few important characters from each entry and popularity poll winners from each game too.

So, I'd wager that Inigo, Owain, Severa, Lucina, Robin, Chrom, Lissa and Frederick are amongst their top choices for Awakening characters for example.

On that note, I don't think what you're proposing is a crazy idea... unless I'm crazy...

Am I crazy? 

41 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

My guess is they reserved space when making Warriors so that they could use the poll to decide on additional characters outside of existing planned characters. If I had to guess, I'd say they picked a few important characters from each entry and popularity poll winners from each game too.

So, I'd wager that Inigo, Owain, Severa, Lucina, Robin, Chrom, Lissa and Frederick are amongst their top choices for Awakening characters for example.

On that note, I don't think what you're proposing is a crazy idea... unless I'm crazy...

Am I crazy? 

Each game might be a bit of a stretch, even with my crazy theories too, I don't think every FE is getting something.

I'd be willing to give an 80% certainty to my claim. I have my doubts, but right now seems as good a time as any to pull in characters from much older entries. Even factoring in DLC, it's rather illogical to not have representation from each existing entry in the vanilla version of the game.

As Light Strategist said not having at least an entry for each games is illogical.

But then, we have Dragon Quest Heroes. Not every game have their characters represented. Hell, most of the roster is from DQIV. So, to compensate the lack of characters from other entries: alternate costumes!

Now on to FEW, we may be served the same way. But yeah, FE Heroes's poll can definitely be used.

Oh, I'd be shocked if the Heroes poll didn't at least influence DLC. You know how much fan rage there would be if Ike or Hector or Lyn or Roy weren't included in the game at this point?

On 2/23/2017 at 5:19 AM, Ycine said:

As Light Strategist said not having at least an entry for each games is illogical.

But then, we have Dragon Quest Heroes. Not every game have their characters represented. Hell, most of the roster is from DQIV. So, to compensate the lack of characters from other entries: alternate costumes!

Now on to FEW, we may be served the same way. But yeah, FE Heroes's poll can definitely be used.

Well then Nintendo can go fuck itself. They're a lousy awful company nowadays and they deserve to go bankrupt for listening to blind sheep and NOT the real fans.

On 2/23/2017 at 8:19 AM, Ycine said:

The only one that's really missing out right now is II and to some extent IX.  

I had no party members besides the protagonist, III and IX had parties of generics (IX had some story characters join in the downloadable post game, but whether they truly count is debateable), X is a MMO game, and XI isn't even out.

The Prince of Cannock/Princeton/Cookie and the Princess of Moonbrooke/Princessa/Pudding don't really have an excuse though.

The alt costumes were basically palette swaps.

(I do agree that they're a bit excessive with the DQIV though, the only DQIV party member who has yet to be added is the oft-forgotten Borya/Brey, where's my Milly/Mireyu/Milayou/Mirielle/etc.?)

It's true that I should have notify the fact that some DQ doesn't have "noticeable" characters. And that's why not every game has an entry.

But we will see what happend for FE Warrior.

On 2/23/2017 at 5:04 AM, Light Strategist said:

I'd be willing to give an 80% certainty to my claim. I have my doubts, but right now seems as good a time as any to pull in characters from much older entries. Even factoring in DLC, it's rather illogical to not have representation from each existing entry in the vanilla version of the game.

I mean, I hope as much as anyone does that every FE gets something, I just don't see it being very likely. 

I anticipate,  Archanea, Ylise, Valentia, Fates and Elibe, I don't expect much from the others to almost any degree, I would love to be proven wrong.

We shouldn't go overboard an expect characters from games which weren't referenced in the trailer. It's much better for everyone to expect the basics and be surprised if they add anyone else. 

55 minutes ago, Hardin said:

We shouldn't go overboard an expect characters from games which weren't referenced in the trailer. It's much better for everyone to expect the basics and be surprised if they add anyone else. 

This. Really, keep expectations low for now-- considering we aren't likely to get anything more solid until shortly before E3 (if HW is anything to go off of), it's better we keep things reeled in.

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

I did a video because I'm bored. :P:

I think it's important to note that LoZ has a lot more female supporting characters, as Link firmly takes up the spot of main character.

And yeah, judging from HW, we'll probably get some Famitsu stuff right before E3 and then new footage at the aforementioned event.

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

I did a video because I'm bored. :P:

Not bad, but you're giving Lyn too much attention. Yeah, she won overall not counting combined votes for split characters, and I agree she's probably a shoe-in for FE Warriors in at least DLC, but she wasn't the only poll winner. If you think Lyn is "soft confirmed," then Ike should be too. He won as well, you know, and his votes were split. I'd say this is even more impressive than Lyn's popularity. He's also the true overall winner when you combine his votes. And he made top 5 and overall top 10 twice. I also find this pretty damn impressive and I didn't even really expect it. So by your logic, he's "soft confirmed" too! Yet you didn't even give Ike one mention! Don't shaft Ike the way IS has been doing. :( I even remember you saying you like Ike, Jedi!

Also, you sound a bit bored sometimes. :P But I think you made a good video here besides. Was more interesting to listen to than not, anyway. :)

Btw, this is just a little nitpick, but I disagree with your pronunciation of Elibe lol. I think it's "ell-EEB."

Edited by Anacybele

7 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I think it's important to note that LoZ has a lot more female supporting characters, as Link firmly takes up the spot of main character.

And yeah, judging from HW, we'll probably get some Famitsu stuff right before E3 and then new footage at the aforementioned event.

Yeah even so though, it was new to Warriors in that regard. 

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Not bad, but you're giving Lyn too much attention. Yeah, she won overall not counting combined votes for split characters, and I agree she's probably a shoe-in for FE Warriors in at least DLC, but she wasn't the only poll winner. If you think Lyn is "soft confirmed," then Ike should be too. He won as well, you know, and his votes were split. I'd say this is even more impressive than Lyn's popularity. He's also the true overall winner when you combine his votes. And he made top 5 and overall top 10 twice. I also find this pretty damn impressive and I didn't even really expect it. So by your logic, he's "soft confirmed" too! Yet you didn't even give Ike one mention! Don't shaft Ike the way IS has been doing. :( I even remember you saying you like Ike, Jedi!

Also, you sound a bit bored sometimes. :P But I think you made a good video here besides. Was more interesting to listen to than not, anyway. :)

Btw, this is just a little nitpick, but I disagree with your pronunciation of Elibe lol. I think it's "ell-EEB."

I mentioned Smash characters have a good shot! Ike is up there and he's probably one of the most obvious shoe ins to the game, which is why I felt like I didn't need to mention him, however I feel like Tellius won't get much besides Ike, I could have probably gone into that more. 

Sorry its just my natural voice! You aren't the first to state that so maybe I need to look into that haha. 

is it Ell-eeb? I just always said El-lieb, since I was a kid. A habit haha, thanks for the reply.

35 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I mentioned Smash characters have a good shot! Ike is up there and he's probably one of the most obvious shoe ins to the game, which is why I felt like I didn't need to mention him, however I feel like Tellius won't get much besides Ike, I could have probably gone into that more. 

Sorry its just my natural voice! You aren't the first to state that so maybe I need to look into that haha. 

is it Ell-eeb? I just always said El-lieb, since I was a kid. A habit haha, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, you did, but I felt like Ike won just as much as Lyn had. :P But I see!

And yeah, sadly, Tellius may not get much at all outside of its Radiant Hero. :( I think it deserves more though. Elincia and the Black Knight are amazing characters too. Yet, I'm sure that if any non-Ike Tellius character gets in, it'll be fricken Micaiah. >_> Elincia is way better to me... Prettier, better written, and rides a Pegasus too.

I don't know for sure, there's no confirmation on how to pronounce it. "ell-EEB" is just how I've always said it.

Edited by Anacybele

To an extent, I think the Heroes poll results and the first batch of Heroes character can indicate a good basis for who'll be in Fire Emblem Warriors. Though for the poll results, that'd probably affect DLC characters more than the base characters included at launch (and that'd likely only affect non-lord characters).

I mean, of course, not everyone that is in Heroes, Cipher, and other stuff like that would have a good chance of being playable (eg: Arthur, Serra). Though I do feel like certain characters that are promoted greatly and frequently, and not just in all the other games I mentioned in the previous sentence (like Shiida, Anna, Lilina, and Ryoma) would have a good chance of being playable.

On a side note, I personally pronounce Elibe "el-eeb."

Edited by Randoman

• 1 month later...

I hope they at least have characters reps from every worldwide release. FE is pretty big in Japan though so Thracia 776 and Genealogy characters and whatnot are likely to get in.

On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 8:04 AM, Light Strategist said:

I doubt it, even Hyrule Warriors didn't have characters from every entry of the Zelda series..even after Hyrule Warriors Legends and all the DLC even.

With how many characters there are in Fire Emblem I doubt they can fit a character from every entry in while keeping a good amount of popular choices.

On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 8:29 AM, AmericanBuizel said:

Well then Nintendo can go fuck itself. They're a lousy awful company nowadays and they deserve to go bankrupt for listening to blind sheep and NOT the real fans.

And what, pray tell, is a real fan? Someone that agrees with your views? People aren't 'blind sheep' for having views opposing yours. Acting like a petulant child is just..well..immature. You may have some growing up to do if this is how you react to the likelihood of something you don't like happening.

We are all 'real' fans of Fire Emblem and we all have favorite games and characters in the series.

I, for one, think alternate costumes is a fair enough compromise, especially for characters with large simularities in how they'd fight, like Seliph or Leaf for Marth.

5 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

And what, pray tell, is a real fan? Someone that agrees with your views? People aren't 'blind sheep' for having views opposing yours. Acting like a petulant child is just..well..immature. You may have some growing up to do if this is how you react to the likelihood of something you don't like happening.

We are all 'real' fans of Fire Emblem and we all have favorite games and characters in the series.

I, for one, think alternate costumes is a fair enough compromise, especially for characters with large simularities in how they'd fight, like Seliph or Leaf for Marth.

A real fan is someone that calls out Nintendo for their bullshit and doesn't blindly accept objective garbage. I never said they couldn't play these games, but that doesn't mean they can't expect any fire to come their way when they're the ones buying these games, in turn affecting the franchise for all the other fans. If their purchasing of the newer games didn't affect the franchise at all, it would be a completely different story.

We VETERAN fans are the real fans. Awakening and Fates shouldn't even be considered FE games.

16 minutes ago, AmericanBuizel said:

We VETERAN fans are the real fans. Awakening and Fates shouldn't even be considered FE games.

And here, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a toxic fan.

Or an elitist. Take your pick.

When you try to separate yourself as a "real fan" while those who don't share your opinion as "fake fans", you're only deluding yourself and reinforcing the gamer stereotype that the non-gaming portion of the population sees. Like those kids on Xbox live with crappy behavior and trash talk you hear as the shining example of the "gamer" label.

When you call yourself a "real fan" and regard your opinion as above others being "fake fans", you are just simply labeling yourself a "generic shitty person #565". You're the kind of person any reasonable person wouldn't want to be around.

The only person spouting out "bullshit" is you. And you're spewing out a lot of it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

16 minutes ago, AmericanBuizel said:

Veterans like myself are more fans than Veterans like you who refuse to accept the new, and just parade the old.

Grow up, and accept that your statement makes very little difference and just serves to make you look like a fool.

Edited by Jedi