FE4 RR

General Horace

I think I did everything

PATCH: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ta709r51lbns8d1/reverserecruitmentwithgaebolgleafandfloatingceliceandsigurd.ips?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hi74ila3g504jqe/ReverseRecruitmentv0.8.ips?dl=0

bf648754460ac4d6cb39f1e0e5b69e2e.png

Join Tiltyu on her journey to bring peace to Jugdral!  

If you don't know, "RR" is short for Reverse Recruitment, meaning well, the order in which you recruit your party is backwards!  FE4 is a little different though, since it's essentially split in half, and gen 2 gets especially messy.  Gen 1 is pretty straightforward, Tiltyu replaced Sigurd, Claude replaces Noish, Briggid replaces Alec, and so on.  The way gen 2 works is all the fixed non-child characters (Oifaye, Julia, Johalva, Johan, Shanan, Aless, Hannibal) are swapped, then the kids are also swapped, meaning you can get some rather interesting kid/parent combos.  Another thing to make things more interesting, Holy Blood is also swapped.  Noish and Claude swapped, so Claude lost his holy blood (all growths are still identical) and Noish gains Major.... Baldo and the Tyrfing!  Totally fair and balanced, amirite?  Weapons from events have been (mostly) swapped around to make sense.  If you get a weird item that you don't think makes sense @me in this topic.  Ayra getting warp is me not being able to find a better spot for it to go, so don't tell me about that one.

Some other minor changes were made to classes too, some for inheritance purposes, some for uh, not breaking the game purposes.  

Amid is now a Prince, to ensure that Leaf (he's Leaf's sub now because Leaf and Arthur switched spots) shows up in his proper class.   MASTER KNIGHT AMID HYPE

Altenna currently promotes to Master Knight as well, so she's able to actually use her Holy Weapon (Thor Hammer).  I'd like to make a class that uses swords/thunder magic for her, but uh, hacking is hard.  She still starts off as a wyvern.  

Celice promotes to mage knight, since he inherits Holsety.  

Hawk is a Wind Mage, essentially replacing Amid.  Still promotes to sage like normal.  

If you want unit bases (and other info) it's all here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1do4FBWsTpFO756jZc3hKJK7R_L8jzLfpIGuHndZLg-M/edit?usp=sharing

Oh yeah, I can't guaruntee this will work with the new Project Naga patch, nor do I feel like figuring out how to make it compatible, I'm an elitist hipster that uses the old patch (which works fine with this patch).   

Oh yeah again, I added the inheritable sword skills patch for fun, meaning that any class can inherit (and use) Astra/Luna/Sol.  Have fun with Luna on mounts!

ONE MORE THING I forgot was due to some units getting Holy weapons that would be stupid overpowered (Narga, anyone?) their bonuses have been changed a little bit. Mistoltin now has Julius slaying powers since Aless replaced Julia, along with better stats, so just, uh don't fight Eltshan, okay? I think only Narga and Swanchika got changes to make it so they weren't autowin/so Johalva actually gets attacked sometimes.

Things that aren't done: 

- Altenna's new class

- Sub portraits being swapped for gen 2

- Gen 2 shop is mostly untouched, hopefully it's fine?

- Levin and Lachesis show up in the desert in chapter 5 in Cuan and Ethlin's inital classes.  Don't know how to change, but it's not a huge deal breaker.  Levin might kill Trabant with Holsety anyway, so maybe its a good thing. FIXED

If you encounter stuff that doesn't make sense or the game breaks or you feel like being a jerk @me in this topic and i'll see what I can do to fix it.

Edited by General Horace

2 minutes ago, General Horace said:

Amid is now a Prince, to ensure that Leaf (he's Leaf's sub now because Leaf and Arthur switched spots).   MASTER KNIGHT AMID HYPE

To ensure that Leaf CAN WHAT?!

So if I understood this right some children belong to other parents for example: Corple belongs to Tiltyu ?

It's really a mess to adjust each child to each parent so would you mind making a list of which 1st Gen Char belongs which 2nd Gen Char as well as which parent inherits his items to which child because I remember Faval's and Patty's inheritance being swapped. Other than that, my body is ready 

Edited by Yoshiku :3

It's wasn't a better English patch that'll convince me to play FE4. It's this.  Can't wait to have Tiltyu and her Kite Team attempt to save the world.

And I won't argue against a slightly earlier Sylvia, either~!

Yeah, it's all listed in the google doc above.  I edited things to be a little more clear.  

Oh one more change I forgot, I swapped Corple and Sharlow because Sharlow is fat shota sigurd and is way cooler than corpse.  Corple is now his sub with identical stats to what Sharlow would have had as a sub.

2 minutes ago, General Horace said:

Oh one more change I forgot, I swapped Corple and Sharlow because Sharlow is fat shota sigurd and is way cooler than corpse.  Corple is now his sub with identical stats to what Sharlow would have had as a sub.

You're the kind of guy that just knows what he's talking about. Excellent 

And i also kind of didn't see the TAB with the second generation. Guess the only thing left is to excuse my stupidity :p

Edited by Yoshiku :3

ONE MORE THING I forgot was due to some units getting Holy weapons that would be stupid overpowered (Narga, anyone?) their bonuses have been changed a little bit. Mistoltin now has Julius slaying powers since Aless replaced Julia, along with better stats, so just, uh don't fight Eltshan, okay? I think only Narga and Swanchika got changes to make it so they weren't autowin/so Johalva actually gets attacked sometimes.

1 hour ago, General Horace said:

- Levin and Lachesis show up in the desert in chapter 5 in Cuan and Ethlin's inital classes.  Don't know how to change, but it's not a huge deal breaker.  Levin might kill Trabant with Holsety anyway, so maybe its a good thing.

So what you need to change?

1 minute ago, hanhnn said:

So what you need to change?

Levin (Cuan) shows up as a Duke Knight instead of Sage, and Lachesis (Ethlin) shows up as a Female Paladin instead of whatever class she was when she left (princess/master knight).  

5 hours ago, Yoshiku :3 said:

So the game freezes after the introduction of the prologue right before I could start playing.

Tried ZSNES and Snes9x. Can you recommend another rom maybe ?

If it wasn't for the fact that you listed a bunch of emulators, you'd be staring at a giant warning right now.  Don't ask for ROMs.

Anyway, I used Lunar IPS to apply the RR patch to a clean ROM (always keep the original somewhere safe), then use ZSNES's auto-patching ability to run the English translation.  Unlike Horace, I use the old translation because I'm lazy.

---

Speaking of, FE4 is a LOT more fun without mount spam.  I'm actually enjoying the game, and I'm about halfway through Chapter 1.

• 2 months later...

OKAY now that i've actually playtested gen2 and discovered Celice is unrecruitable (woops) i've gone and changed some stuff.  Unfourtunately it means that Celice needs to be able to "fly" (ideally at a later time i'll just do a minor change to the chapter 9 map to let him run north on the mountains, but lazy fix for now) and Leaf's inheritance was messed up, so here's a patch that fixes both things:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ta709r51lbns8d1/reverserecruitmentwithgaebolgleafandfloatingceliceandsigurd.ips?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing this. My Sharlow and Tinni never gained a single point of magic, apart from promotion. Ooops. (Didn't really bother to make the Gen 1 pairing optimal)

As for Fee and Johalva insta-becoming lovers, I didn't go check it, but if I had to guess it's because there's a mis-match between a character's listed gender and the male/female list. That is, like Fee's gender is listed as female but her character number is on the male list, something like that. And Fee and Johalva weren't the only insta-lovers; Seliph and Larcei also becomes lovers. I'd bet that gen 2 love values are probably all messed up.

Oh! And it does work with the Project Naga patch, at least thus far.

Edited by camelpimp
forgot to mention that it works with a different patch

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dunno, I feel like it would have been to wise to tweak at least another child se that you could use both, but you have already done an amazing job otherwise, I'll see if I can do that with Nightmare (changing Fee's and his brother main parent should do the trick or am I missing something?); also many characters join in the class of the opposite sex, is this intended?

• 8 months later...

Just noticed your message now, i've uploaded an old version of the patch, I accidently deleted it from my dropbox when I was cleaning it out, my bad guys.  

If anybody has the fixed patch (with the name still in the description), please PM it to me so I can replace the old patch in the OP.  Thanks!