Ganon's Trinity Revelation

After a long time and a few playthroughs, I'm actually going to do something along the lines of Dakota's War Journal. However, I have a few ways of my own of changing up Fates. I have not one, but three protagonists. 

Character 1: Ganon (Revelation)

Spoiler

Ganon.png.ab99dd2ad69431156b144dc21997615e.png

Ganon is a no-nonsense tactical genius. Initially, he started out as somewhat of a self insert, but has become more or less his own character as time went on (he hasn't changed hardly at all, whereas I certainly have.) Ganon is essentially the opposite of the aforementioned Dakota: straightforward, deeply compassionate, almost self-loathing modesty, with some serious flaws, namely the near inability to feel attachment and a propensity for transforming into a earth-shattering monster as a self-preservation contingency. He has every bit the heart of gold Corrin has, but at least 5 times the mental and intellectual capacity.

Veran(Conquest)

Spoiler

Veran.png.15590179544f61e530bf7c2c728c09e6.png

Veran is a little bit more like Dakota than Ganon. A sorceress supreme, she has the ability to dominate both minds and bodies of people essential to her plans. Some of her victims even change color to match her indigo hair and cape. Veran is an archetypal Machiavellian, often finding ways of manipulating people, twisting words, and creating conflict. She has a habit of appearing out of nowhere, and even exhibits some insect-like tendencies, particularly an affinity for sweet food.

Onox(Birthright)

Spoiler

Onox.png.73f9b597e95e87e97713fbbe5dec7f34.png

Onox is insane in every sense of the word. He lives purely for wanton destruction. This does not come at the cost of his mind, however, as his tactical brilliance is on par with Ganon's. He prefers wearing heavy armor, but when he can't, he is able to take the form of a Giant Dragon with glowing red eyes. Knowing that noble causes often cause great wounds that take ages to heal, he wears the guise of a naive child when off of the battlefield. If Ganon has a hard time getting attached, Onox is totally unable to feel remorse or sympathy.

My rules are different from Alastor's, but share similar themes:

• Museum Melee, Boo Camp, and Ghostly Gold not available until Conquest.
  • Witch Hunt, Royal Royale, Beach Brawl, and Ballistician Blitz will not be played at all.
  • Path Bonuses and Spotpass items are allowed.
  • Vanguard Dawn will only be played in Revelation.
  • Before Awakening and Both Hidden Truths maps are available in both Revelation and Conquest.
  • This will be an Ironman run post Chapter 6. Game Overs will not result in a character being sacrificed.
  • Revelation will be played on Hard/Classic, Conquest on Hard/Classic, and Birthright on Lunatic/Classic.
  • I will post the Castle Address once it's up. I'll try to set it to easy seize so that you can claim characters and skills should you want them (it also enhances your battle score, as well as mine.)

I'll have the first part up soon, so be on the lookout for that. The order will go Revelation>Conquest>Birthright, because Revelation is the easiest to base a story from, at least in my opinion.

Prologue: Just What the Fuck is going on?

dtxe62Q.jpg

It is time for you to awaken, long awaited hero. In the Frozen North lies your destiny.

tiWUoC8.jpg

What is going on? Where am I? And who are these people? Why am I fighting a dude who looks like Tarzan?

c7yb2Ap.jpg

I'm on a battlefield? Just what is going on?

He wakes! Quickly! Felicia, Flora, get him what he needs!

duIu6QY.jpg

Gah.

Are you okay?

Perfectly fine, thank you. I was just surprised to see two women in my face.

You were out for some time. It was bitterly cold out there when you landed on our roof.

That's a very cliche way of telling me I'm nowhere close to my house. Where even is this?

This is Nohr, probably one of the most unforgiving places anywhere. Cold, barren, and depraved. A craven's paradise.

Who are all of you?

My name is Gunter. I survey Nohr's border with the forsaken wilds of the North. We mostly house those who have disappointed the nobles of Nohr.

You mean criminals?

Hah. Nohr is run by criminals. Suffice it to say, the only decent people are here in this fortress. At least in my opinion.

Gunter. And the other 3 of you?

Felicia.

Flora.

Jakob.

A pleasure. Now that I'm awake, what happens?

As soon as you were found, and is was ascertained that you were alive, I corresponded with the Prince of Nohr, Xander. He revealed his interest to recruit young men about your age. How's your sword arm, Sir...

Ganon. 

Yes, quite. 

ykEkBvn.jpg

Don't worry about that, so much. It will be several hours before he gets here. You don't seem too weak, despite sleeping for days.

*clang*

I guess he was more enthusiastic than you thought.

AM8QsUB.jpg

Milord?

Excuse Felicia. She only really addresses nobles.

Oh. Gunter, where will you host Prince Xander?

On the courtyard roof. Follow me.

*On the roof*

Is this the one?

Yes, Prince.

The name is Ganon. A pleasure, your worship.

Worship? I don't feel worthy of such a title.

You will one day, if you keep your modesty intact.

Hah. You base royalty off of semantics! If he's as strong as he is glib, he might outdo both of us.

Silence, Leo. Now, then, Ganon, I assume Gunter told you about my recruitment ploy?

Indeed.

If you manage to knock me from my horse, you can join my regiment.

If I fail?

I can't say. It really depends on where I hit you if you live or die.

QdgdWgO.jpg

Alright then. 

XXUC2nF.jpg

Your strength mirrors mine. You lack fortitude, but I would venture to say that's more due to your lack of experience than my personal strength.

HRRRRAAAAGH!

*thud*

kT8ojKc.jpg

I've never been hit that hard in my life. I felt as though it were going to end.

I got lucky. You should've been able to kill me easily.

Here, brother. Let me help you up.

atwqSXx.jpg

Natural talent has little actual effect on my luck. Plus, you were clearly holding yourself back.

Only by my choice of weapon. I doubt you could've gotten to me if I had Siegfried in my hand.

I suppose that's it, isn't it? Father will be expecting us home no later than a day from now.

Yes, quite. Ganon, as you defeated me in one blow, I will allow you to bring two people with you from here to Castle Krakenburg.

I choose to bring Gunter and Felicia. Don't tell me why, I just want them.

We won't be leaving that quickly. Our entourage is rather starved from such a long journey, and you probably haven't eaten in days.

What is going on? Why are these two so enthusiastic about me joining their army? I don't know, but I intend to find out. Whatever is going on isn't anything good, but I'll play their little game until I know all of what is going on.

Thoughts

Spoiler

I forgot to spoiler it. Fuck. I'll have to remember to put in the spoiler tag before I do the update itself. This was about as much fun to play as it was to write: boring, but necessary. I think the real changes will probably be when the Route Split happens. This was also a little rushed, but I try not to push out so many updates in a week. I recognize the scope of this project, and will definitely proofread often once I finish the gameplay of a chapter. 

Edited by Hylian Air Force
I didn't proofread.

Chapter 2: One letter makes all the difference

Spoiler

So, When we get there, I will be introduced to your father?

That is correct, Ganon. I must warn you, he's... intimidating.

I wouldn't tell him that, however. I must caution you to give the utmost respect when we get there.

By the way, what are all these cross flags doing here.

That is the Emblem of Hoshido. Honour-bound and ruled by the most upright of characters.

In other words, Nohr's polar opposite, and enemy.

Do you wish peace with them?

Wish? Under my reign, it will be an inevitability. I've always suspected something paranormal about our near constant war.

And you've never King Garon about this?

And just how can I approach him without being accused of treason?

You can't, and that's a huge problem.

Problem how, Ganon?

-You can't reason with crazy.

*Castle Krakenburg, Windmire, Nohr*

I trust you were not kept at the Northern Fortress for too long, my sons. We need to talk about- What is HE doing here?!

King Garon, I presume? Gunter, here, is one of my retainers.

This is Ganon, I presume, Xander?

Yes... Father.

DoMhHq1.jpg

8r0QAmt.jpg

No one has bested my son in the ring of honor before, even his two retainers. Very impressive. You will make a great Captain.

Captain, your highness?

q3aOlm3.jpg

We need as many able-bodied men as possible. However, you have the particular attributes to wield this weapon.

pOoJUfW.jpg

It's... almost eerie. Almost like it's wanting to wield me instead of the other way around.

ZlWSuEw.jpg

Should I be concerned? Things from other dimensions tend to not be the best for the situation.

I would rather my next test be underway than have to pull a Bronze Sword from my armory. Besides, it's stronger by a noticeable margin.

Alright. What Am I supposed to be doing, anyway?

...Follow me.

XYWv6MU.jpg

Are you ready to understand just what Nohr is up against?

I think so. Gunter, Felicia?

Ready, Milord.

Shall we begin?

cfNGbVN.jpg

WOGjWdX.jpg

Okay, those two are probably their captains. We need to be cautious.

4iNKk7g.jpg

Gunter, head right. Felicia, behind me.

Yes.

Seems like a reasonable strategy.

bf3oWrA.jpg

I was hoping for better.

Still... not... beaten...

Do you're worst, knight. I will not bend the knee.

I will defeat you.

DHvVIA7.jpg

That is a false hope. They will be even stronger. Luckily for you, Ganon, you will be in the company of my men.

a11x8ma.jpg

If that is your prerogative. I will not engage in perfidy, I've no stomach for it.

xAMqu6V.jpg

I have yet swear my fealty to you, nor will I if you are so adamant about bloodshed.

They will become a threat later!

768QUod.jpg

You have a flawed sense of morality if people who could kill you later are spared now.

If I were going to kill them, I would have done so during my fight.

sWp2e17.jpg

Then we have nothing more to talk about. Take me down with them, if you can.

GINNUNGAGAP!

7OG6rfH.jpg

How did you survive that? It's almost unreal!

My will to protect others exceeds his ability to harm them.

Then my children will do it for me!

JgQVgjv.jpg\

It will be done, my king.

58Zbkty.jpg

-If you will not lower your sword, then you will turn it on me now. If you hesitate-

-Brynhildr!

(Tangled roots rise from the ground, entangling the two commanders, dragging them under).

Don't take it personally. Even nature seems to have conspired against them.

They didn't deserve this, nor do I truly deserve anything-

v0MmsMA.jpg

Your resistance to Ginnungagap is evidence enough that insolence is not so severe a crime to warrant punishment. I invite you to stay within my walls until find use for you. Until then, Xander's Legion will have to wait.

Xander-

*slap*

0ChXAFa.jpg

No good deed go unpunished, Xander. You must realize that your goal of peace between Hoshido and Nohr is fraught with the risk of the nobles rebelling. I don't weigh the risk because, in the end, I'm not worth as much as you.

Smm7Bb8.jpg

But do not mistake altruism for folly.

Now, then. We should tend to the prisoners the right way.

They live?

Brynhildr bows to my will. They were dragged into the Earth to provide them a means of recovery and escape. Go meet them in the third courtyard, the one closest to the shortest wall.

Come on. We must see them off.

T8XfdC2.jpg

I must not delay. I know as a fact I am missed. Rinkah, I will expect you at the safehouse.

Alright, Kaze. I have a question for the ginger.

Can I not escape that term anywhere I go? Anyway, ask.

You're not from anywhere around here are you?

Can't say I am, no.

I heard rumors of a peerless warrior falling from the sky in Northern Nohr.

eLXPXwH.jpg

I wouldn't go so far as to say peerless, just lucky. Besides, you should get going before the watch is restored to the wall.

If we meet on the field of battle again, War Maiden, let us both show our best.

(Just as I thought, the King of Nohr is an impulsive, uncontrolled animal. And a monster. I venture to say the only reason Xander hasn't take his place in the dynasty is the sheer power of Garon. How I survived is inconsequential now, as I bet he is trying to find more ways of being rid of this thorn. He's going to find out I'm a poisoned thorn, and die a slow, painful death.

Thoughts

Spoiler

I hate having to adhere to the plot. I'm not going to, nor going to have to for much longer, but I can't take nearly as many screenshots without retaining some semblance of the plot. It's incredibly frustrating, and does nothing but discourage me from changing plot details. Granted, it WILL change, just not right now, and that sucks.

• 3 weeks later...

I do hope you plan on keeping this going. I'm actually rather curious about it after noticing it on an offhand glance... though the fact that it hasn't been updated in about a couple weeks indicates a potential lack of interest from your standpoint. Regardless, you have my attention for the time being.

15 hours ago, Prince Cavvy said:

I do hope you plan on keeping this going. I'm actually rather curious about it after noticing it on an offhand glance... though the fact that it hasn't been updated in about a couple weeks indicates a potential lack of interest from your standpoint. Regardless, you have my attention for the time being.

Sorry about that. As you can see, my last update happened to coincide with the release of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Couple that with a recent personal loss in my family, and I've been more than a little distracted lately. Thank you for showing interest, at least. I've actually been planning on getting back to doing it, but haven't found the time quite yet. I will probably get the next few chapters done today or this weekend.

On 3/23/2017 at 2:47 PM, Hylian Air Force said:

Sorry about that. As you can see, my last update happened to coincide with the release of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Couple that with a recent personal loss in my family, and I've been more than a little distracted lately. Thank you for showing interest, at least. I've actually been planning on getting back to doing it, but haven't found the time quite yet. I will probably get the next few chapters done today or this weekend.

Understandable. Simply upload what you can, when you can. What matters is that you put an effort towards it.

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 3: A Bridge Too Far

Spoiler

Xander, it's been 3 days. What has your Father been doing?

I don't know. I'm kinda worried myself as if-

*door opens slowly*

Hello, Lord Brother.

Who's this little angel, Xander?

That's Elise, the youngest member in the Royal Family.

Father wants to see Ganon, Lord Brother.

Finally. I can't wait to see what that bastard is going to have me do.

He didn't hear that... did he?

It'll be fine, Elise. Ganon has earned the right to a few petty insults. He did survive father's judgement, after all.

Elise, can you take me to the throne room?

Yes, I will take you to His Majesty.

*the Throne Room*

Ah, there you are. You are an anomaly, you know. Insulting both my power and authority.

mOC2Inv.jpg

However, as I cannot dispose of you, because of Providence, evidently, I have something else in mind. It has come to my attention that the border between Nohr and Hoshido at the Bottomless Canyon has shifted in favor of Hoshido. This includes an abandoned fort that only we in Nohr have the ability to fix. Drive them from their post so that we can perform maintenance. Failure will not be an option.

I understand, your Exaltedness.

Excuse me while I tend to a personal matter.

That went a lot better than I expected.

XYBAYbD.jpg

I would rather address an angry crowd in Cheve than assault the Hoshidan border.

Trust me, it's more preferable than the other possibilities I know of.

At least let me come with you. I've heard no scouts going to-

s3QRIuL.jpg

YOU! You're the one who put me in the room next to the latrine!

We'll talk about that later, Iago. Anyway, why am I somehow barred from accompanying MY officer?

BR3viYu.jpg

If he is one of your officers, he can demonstrate his competence in this simple task alone. Accompanying him insults YOUR ability as a commander, Crown Prince.

I'm just addressing a potential concern that you may be trying to sabotage my reign by eliminating capable commanders.

I'm not about to let Iago stop my son from fully realizing his father's vision. Anyway, I have someone who can fill in for Xander while on this mission.

rrvDgPt.jpg

To who do I owe the pleasure?

MEkhkOk.jpg

You don't seem to be the tactical sort, do you Hans?

You vould be correct, Herr Ganon. Throw me at your problems, and they vill perish.

Y4FtAm4.jpg

Tell me something I don't know. I've been screwed over by accented bald men before. It wouldn't be the first time.

He was destined for the gallows. I don't know why my father spared his life, but it was probably not for anything good.

You don't have to tell me to be careful, Xander. I can watch my own back.

*Bottomless Canyon*

Ksyaqzn.jpg

It may have to do with being over a literal abyss. The sky is clear, and yet I cannot see the bottom. I'm not even sure if anyone has fallen in, and if they have, no one would know, would they?

It vould seem ve haff been spotted, Herr Ganon.

rzssGJ5.jpg

They seem to outnumber us, but we still outmuscle them.

I would advise talking them down, even still.

PWGLmZl.jpg

You have forced my hand, Nohrian! Prepare to Die!

Force Ziss!

n0OgfKZ.jpg

Guess that answers that question. 

I'm not ready for this!

None of us were, Felicia. That doesn't matter now. What do we do now, Ganon?

What is your assessment of the situation, Gunter?

RIRRfae.jpg

That doesn't mean scheiss, Gunter! They vill break unter my ax!

Charge right into that fort, I dare you, Hans.

nuRBUtd.jpg

Damn fool got what's coming to him.

They seem to be holding.

They'll regret that.

x3IoI4Q.jpg

Bow before you're new God!

ccxhuHG.jpg

Something beyond your realm of possibility! Watch as the stone bends to my will!

2SQD8E7.jpg

I already hate horses. And now they have WINGS!

(Omozu): All troops, prepare to retreat! Sky Knights cover us!

Behind the fort, now!

wIV3yit.jpg

Well, it looks like the Hoshidans did our job for us. It looks well maintained.

But also Hoshidan. I have a feeling this fort never belonged to us. I'll ride ahead and see if the bridge is clear.

I say we split up. Felicia, take the North bridge back to Castle Krakenburg. Report to Xander on what happened here, and spare no detail. I'll go with Gunter.

*On the Bridge*

His vord is law, Gunter. Ve must all pay for our sins.

Where is Gunter, Hans?

UFVXMao.jpg

I think not, Hans.

OAkoopv.jpg

I AM DESTRUCTION! I AM REBIRTH! I AM... DEMISE!

GOTTS ABOVE, I VAS ONLY FOLLOWING ORDERS!

YOU WILL HAVE NO PENANCE! ONLY DEATH.

...He's gone. I didn't even know what came over me. Still, Gunter's demise has to be recompensed. I will wield this sword against Garon. Justice is my own.

FzfktlY.jpg

I think someone needs to be put down for a nap.

Da... Dammit.

LoskMfI.jpg

You and Kaze weren't kidding. Omozu was nearly routed by this little runt. I can see why.

He clearly bears no love for Garon of Nohr.

Omozu will pay for his misjudgement later. For now, get this one to the safehouse. Ryoma's orders.

Yes, Lady Kagero. Lord Saizo, tell Lord Ryoma that as soon as I deliver this one to the Capital, I must depart for the Wind Village.

I will tell him. Go in peace, Rinkah of the Fire.

Thoughts

Spoiler

I knew this would be painful to write. So much of the dialogue doesn't match up to what I want to happen, so I have to cut out several screenshots. I decided last minute to still involve Saizo and Kagero, but not for the Xander Ex Machina. I felt that the trap was totally unnecessary, and required foresight that I know neither Saizo nor Ryoma even had. Sure, they would be on the lookout, but as spies first, they would only spring if it were necessary, which it wasn't with Rinkah there.

Edited by Hylian Air Force