Nightmare-FE7-Character Editor not working?

Ryuke

I have been mostly fiddling with FE8 nightmare... now when I attempt to do 7. It doesnt seem to work. 

I received the following error.

Note: Clean rom/Clean module.

https://gyazo.com/a7e03758ab097c03d269ad4345655807

This issue however is not presented in Nightmare 2... (but ... I am more familiar with NM1)

(Want to fiddle with FE7 ... since the engine is more documented in 8 ... if time permits.. learn a bit of both)

Edited by Ryuke

Thanks alot @Primefusion ... it works now..

(Might be off topic... is it possible to retrieve the map (of some chapter) of a specific game? ... so its easier to make adjustment rather than build a map from square one.

That being said. Going to love taking some and credit ofc ... the map. (Simply save time)
First gotta... play with hacking before having anything official... and well... Mappy.. i just hope I wont have to change village via hex... or maybe I do.

Edited by Ryuke

We currently don't have the ability to rip existing maps from the ROM. They have to be made from scratch. 

Using other people's maps/sprites/creative material without their permission is severely frowned on.

That said, if you need some open source maps, I've got a map pack available.  Check the link in my signature.

existing maps can be ripped with a screenshot tool and clever editing or emulator layer manipulation (to remove units and cursor); BwdYeti's map generator can generate a map file from an image if you tell it what tileset to use

• 1 year later...
On 2/25/2017 at 8:09 PM, Primefusion said:

Looks like it's missing a couple text files.

Custom Battle Sprites.txt and Weapon Rank.txt

Put these files in the same folder as the module. Should hopefully work afterwards.

both links are dead now. Sorry for the necro post but running into the same error as in This Thread