Siblings, Nohr vs Hoshido

Hiro08

Nohrian Siblings VS Hoshidian Siblings  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which sibling are better overall in your opinion

• Camilla, Elise, Leo, Xander.
    • Hinoka, Sakura, Takumi, Ryoma

This is total speculation, but the only possible reason I can see for keeping a Hoshido royal alive is to force a marriage between them to a Nohr royal as a legal means to put themselves into power over Hoshido.

They DID keep Sakura, so it's possible Garon could force her to marry Xander (or Leo) and force a merger of the kingdoms but putting her and his son in power. And mind, concubinage and polygamy are a thing here, so even if he's married, it's still an option even then. 

Shoot, what am I saying. Garon could marry her himself!

This type of merger is something hinted to happen between New Valla and Nohr if Xander is Corrin's husband at the end of Revelation, as it mentions the kingdoms joining together. (Can't confirm if Ryoma works the same, but I'd assume so.)

Edited by Altrosa

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

This is total speculation, but the only possible reason I can see for keeping a Hoshido royal alive is to force a marriage between them to a Nohr royal as a legal means to put themselves into power over Hoshido.

They DID keep Sakura, so it's possible Garon could force her to marry Xander (or Leo) and force a merger of the kingdoms but putting her and his son in power. And mind, concubinage and polygamy are a thing here, so even if he's married, it's still an option even then. 

This type of merger is something hinted to happen between New Valla and Nohr if Xander is Corrin's husband at the end of Revelation, as it mentions the kingdoms joining together. (Can't confirm if Ryoma works the same, but I'd assume so.)

For the first half.... wut.

12 minutes ago, SpearOfLies said:

For the first half.... wut.

Did i post this to wrong thread? I was answering with why Garon may want to hold Sakura hostage despite otherwise wanting to murder the Hoshidan royals. 

Basically, the Hoshidan court would have some ISSUES if their Queen was stuck in the enemy's pocket by being wife to the enemy. Even worse if she started popping out babies.

I mean, marriage between nobilty as passing around power contacts was kind of the things to do in the past IRL. That, and keeping a well loved royal as a political pawn may help calm some of the otherwise vengeful Hoshidans less likely to rise up if one of their own at least appeared in charge.

Just theory crafting.

Edited by Altrosa

13 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

Did i post this to wrong thread? I was answering with why Garon may want to hold Sakura hostage despite otherwise wanting to murder the Hoshidan royals. 

Basically, the Hoshidan court would have some ISSUES if their Queen was stuck in the enemy's pocket by being wife to the enemy. Even worse if she started popping out babies.

I mean, marriage between nobilty as passing around power contacts was kind of the things to do in the past IRL. That, and keeping a well loved royal as a political pawn may help calm some of the otherwise vengeful Hoshidans less likely to rise up if one of their own at least appeared in charge.

Just theory crafting.

Fates' politics suck and I don't remember Garon want Sakura alive.

2 hours ago, Altrosa said:

Garon doesn't want to rule over Hoshido, he wants to destroy it, so why would he bother keeping Sakura alive for such a convoluted scheme? The only reason Sakura was kept alive was because Xander and Kamui got to her first, no more, no less. It's even mentioned in the next chapter that there's a real chance Sakura will be assassinated by Garon's forces if they're not careful.

41 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Garon doesn't want to rule over Hoshido, he wants to destroy it, so why would he bother keeping Sakura alive for such a convoluted scheme? The only reason Sakura was kept alive was because Xander and Kamui got to her first, no more, no less. It's even mentioned in the next chapter that there's a real chance Sakura will be assassinated by Garon's forces if they're not careful.

I'd also like to point out that they manage to free Sakura off screen; last time we checked, Garon was there overseeing the execution of all the surviving Hoshidans and had explicitly ordered them all killed, right? So how did Xander manage to get Sakura off the hook just because Iago and Hans are scared of him?

25 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'd also like to point out that they manage to free Sakura off screen; last time we checked, Garon was there overseeing the execution of all the surviving Hoshidans and had explicitly ordered them all killed, right? So how did Xander manage to get Sakura off the hook just because Iago and Hans are scared of him?

Xander mentions that they're keeping Sakura, Yukimura, Tsubaki and Hana as hostages, but given that neither they nor Garon ever do anything of use with those hostages, I'm guessing it's just an excuse on the part of the writers to keep Sakura from dying.

1 hour ago, AzureSen said:

Xander mentions that they're keeping Sakura, Yukimura, Tsubaki and Hana as hostages, but given that neither they nor Garon ever do anything of use with those hostages, I'm guessing it's just an excuse on the part of the writers to keep Sakura from dying.

Corrin, Xander and co. prefer not to kill the hoshidan royals.

20 hours ago, Altrosa said:

You're forgetting that Garon is actually Gooron. While it makes sense for Garon to do that, it doesn't make sense for Gooron, who just wants to rule the world without any regard for Nohr or legality. He's in it for the evil, and that's pretty much what defines him as a character.

That, backed with Iago's dialogue with Xander and Corrin about killing the Hoshidan royals, makes that possibility very unlikely.

You know, it's really bad when we can justify absurd things simply because of shallow character development/writing and poor writing overall.

They don't free Sakura off screen, she stays right there while the other soldiers are slaughtered. Also, Garon's orders are not seen on screen, so we can't know if he did order them all killed. We merely see Hans and Iago killing unarmed Hoshidan soldiers and Garon stopping Xander and Corrin from intervening. His orders could've been to kill the unarmed remnants of the enemy army but keep Sakura alive as a hostage. There is nothing stating that he wanted Sakura dead. Judging from his lack of interest on the matter and his words on killing the other Hoshidans, it leads me to believe he didn't care about that (yet).

Spoiler

Iago: We already have Princess Sakura as a hostage, so no need to keep him alive. I'm sure you would prefer to spare him [Takumi], but I doubt our dear king would agree...

From that dialogue, I think they see the value of keeping a hostage and dismiss the possibility of sparing the other Hoshidans because they already have one on their disposal. It's just a shame how they don't even care to use Sakura in any productive way, thus the action seems random.

Edited by Rapier