FE1 Healer Tips

Naglfar94

Alrighty well then I plan to tackle Dark Dragon and Sword of Light again soon and well. I remember my first time playing through the game being quite hellish due to the way a few of the mechanics work one being item storage having so little space so it is hard to have stuff for my team. But I can push all that aside if it were not for one glaring problem clerics.

Ugh I have a playthrough of this game up on my youtube channel that I stopped midway awhile back and I wanna do again and finish but the way clerics work in this game is a big turn off for me and is one thing that is stopping me from going back again. Do any of you have any tips for easy and safe methods to level them? See someone like me is paranoid as heck putting units like that out in the open to be attacked with no defense at all. So I wanna know some safe fast level methods for my clerics since most enemies can 1 round them low speed and no Def easy targets to double attack or 1 shot. A friend of mine said there was a glitch in this game you could exploit in the arena where you can bring any unit inside including clerics and they would get EXP is this true?

And if so how do you do it? If such a glitch exists I`ll go with that so the weak healers can catch up with the rest of the team safely and not in the line of getting shot by a steel bow or something or a random critical hit done on them. If it matters at all the two I plan to use are Lena and Maria eh I might dump Lena for Maria though when I get her I personally prefer Maria over Lena but might use them both so yeah.

Not worth it bothering with leveling healers. Merric (when promoted) and Wendell do the healing job just fine while also being powerful combat units. Until then just dont put your healers in risky positions.

As others have said you can just clear all of the other enemies in a chapter then just have a thief attack your healer until you're happy with their level. I suggest not bothering with leveling them, though. Magic users can't promote until you get a bishop ring very late in the game, and all of the unpromoted healers just have awful bases and growths across the table. 

Just stick with Wendel and Boah as your primary healers since they actually have stats and combat much, much earlier in the game and actually have comparable or better stats than a promoted healer. If you feel like promoting any magic users just use Merric since he actually has good stats and you don't have to mess around to level him up. 

22 hours ago, Vaikanfu said:

You could try putting them on a fort near a thief and just let said thief wail on them. Once they hit level 10, get them a Guiding Ring and promote them, you don't need to wait until level 20 in this game.

Yeah that is the good thing about FE1 and FE2 since stats cap at 20 it didn`t really matter much when a unit promoted I promote right away when I can.

22 hours ago, Mr.Pikachu said:

Not worth it bothering with leveling healers. Merric (when promoted) and Wendell do the healing job just fine while also being powerful combat units. Until then just dont put your healers in risky positions.

Funny thing Merric is actually part of the team I am using. Ah Wendell? He is actually useful in this game? whoa now that is a surprise there.

15 hours ago, NoMommaGarchomp said:

Place Healer on a fort, have a thief attack them. 

40 exp/turn 

40 exp a turn? nice hmm I forget what chapter has thieves placed in a useful area that will actually bother to attack and some forts though.

12 hours ago, SRC said:

As others have said you can just clear all of the other enemies in a chapter then just have a thief attack your healer until you're happy with their level. I suggest not bothering with leveling them, though. Magic users can't promote until you get a bishop ring very late in the game, and all of the unpromoted healers just have awful bases and growths across the table. 

Just stick with Wendel and Boah as your primary healers since they actually have stats and combat much, much earlier in the game and actually have comparable or better stats than a promoted healer. If you feel like promoting any magic users just use Merric since he actually has good stats and you don't have to mess around to level him up. 

Yeah I noticed healers are...their growths are very bad to say the least. Meh so I might remap my team then and add maybe Wendell to it. And I already have Merric I won`t be passing him and excalibur up. I`ll also be using Linda for that aura tome as always. Thanks for the help.

Healers all have really weird growths in FE1. Wrys is really bad in all areas, Elice is really good in all areas (but doesn't exist until the penultimate chapter), and Lena and Maria both have pretty good growths in three or four stats, and then zeroes everywhere else. They're probably perfectly usable as combat units, due to how promotion bonuses work, but since Weapon Level is a single numerical value that's shared across all usable weapon types, there's really no reason to use them over Wendell or Boah or a promoted Merric or Linde.

Edited by Topaz Light