Texas based VAs?

Due to how Nintendo has been adding English voice acting in recent Fire Emblem titles, I'm wondering, how would you guys react if Nintendo decided to use Texas based talent for the voice acting in this game?

I honestly don't think it matters. The voice acting for Fates and Awakening was just fine, so I see no cause for alarm if they use the same people.

I mean, so long as it's better than the voice acting in Radiant Dawn I think we're good (love that game, but wow, is the voice acting...shoddy.)

Edited by Extrasolar

3 minutes ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

I'm not sure that it fits with the medieval theme, but sure.

Just because they're from Texas doesn't mean they'll be speaking in the stereotypical Texan accent. Funimation is also based in Texas, and they've got plenty of actors doing non-accented voices.

29 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Just because they're from Texas doesn't mean they'll be speaking in the stereotypical Texan accent. Funimation is also based in Texas, and they've got plenty of actors doing non-accented voices.

I mean, if they don't speak with a Texan accent, then the question becomes pointless

4 minutes ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

I mean, if they don't speak with a Texan accent, then the question becomes pointless

Fair enough, I guess. The OP should be reworded to make it clear that it means with the accent, since my mind didn't go there immediately,

1 hour ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

Not really, the Texas VA pool is pretty different from the California  or the New York VA pools.  It would really just affect who would get hired to do voice work.

And for the record, Nintendo has worked with Texas voice actors before:  Sean Schemmel is the voice of Lucario in SSB4 (and I think in Brawl too).

If the VAs are good at their job and give a convincing performance, I don't think where they're from matter. If you're talking about giving characters Texan accents: Please no, we do not need that. I don't want a General sounding like a stereotyped Texan in my Fire Emblem.

"Howdy y'all, we're 'bout to go git that there Fire Emblem beat the Mexicans American Government goddamn hippies in Austin evil Empire!"

Yes, I'm aware that not everyone based in Texas has a Texas accent, and that not all Texans hate Mexicans, or want to secede

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, InfinityAlex said:

I don't want a General sounding like a stereotyped Texan in my Fire Emblem.

I do, now anyway. Imagine a General just shouting "WHAT IN TARNATION?!" when something goes wrong.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Isn't Laura Bailey based in Texas? I heard that's part of the reason she's not returning as Trunks in dbz super. 

No, Bailey's working in LA these days, not to mention that she's taking less roles in anime in general. (She'd probably still be working on Super if she was based in Texas because Funimation is based in Texas.)

Anyway, as for the topic at hand, I don't think it'd really make that much difference if they used the Texas VAs. As long as they have good voice direction and give good performances, it doesn't really matter where they come from.

Edited by AzureSen

Everything about the Alamo would make a phenomenal FE map. Oh, voice actors? Yeah, I don't think there's be southerner voice actors incapable of turning off the accent. I've seen people with some of the most exaggerated American accents (read: New England) just shut it off in favor of a generic white guy voice. It's very impressive.

On 2/27/2017 at 2:57 PM, Extrasolar said:

I honestly don't think it matters. The voice acting for Fates and Awakening was just fine, so I see no cause for alarm if they use the same people.

I mean, so long as it's better than the voice acting in Radiant Dawn I think we're good (love that game, but wow, is the voice acting...shoddy.)

I did seen Cup of Tea Productions did hired some actors from Texas such as Monica Rial was in Tales of Berseria, Catlin Glass was in Xenoblade Chronicles X as Elma and Tales of Zesteria, Josh Grelle did get to appear in Xenoblade Chronicles X and Tales of Xillia 2, Alexis Tipton got in to BlazBlue: Alter Memory, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Tales of Zesteria, Ian Sinclair in Tales of Zesteria and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II, Chris Cason did started in doing more roles in California sometime around in 2014 or 2015 and he did appeared in Xenoblade Chronicles X, etc.

And also plus, we did have Kyle Hebert who did voiced Frederick, Bartre, and Validar did lived in Texas before he was moved to California sometime around mid or close to early 2000s. And Todd Haberkon who did voiced Male Morgan and Chermai Leigh who did Caeda, Gwendolyn, and Cecilla did worked in Texas under in Funimation before they moved to California and they still work in Funimation. Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham did started in Funimation in Texas sometime and joined in Californian projects around in 2005. And Spike Spencer who voiced Excelleus did used to voice Marth in the ADV Films dub of the Fire Emblem OVA before the game localization existed, but I totally think Nintendo didn't knew he voiced Marth before since the OVA isn't actually canon.

But, I do really like to see if Echoes and the new Switch title will still uses Cup of Tea and hire some of the Texas voice actors.

On 2/27/2017 at 4:37 PM, The Geek said:

Not really, the Texas VA pool is pretty different from the California  or the New York VA pools.  It would really just affect who would get hired to do voice work.

And for the record, Nintendo has worked with Texas voice actors before:  Sean Schemmel is the voice of Lucario in SSB4 (and I think in Brawl too).

Actually Sean Schemmel was voicing Lucario in the Nintendo 3DS / Wii U version, Bill Rogers voiced Lucario in Brawl.

Edited by King Marth 64