Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Image 1:

Reveal hidden contents

C7Dg2xVU4AA7Tlr.jpg

Image 2:

Hide contents

C7Dg3SBUwAAanIk.jpg

Thanks, what's the writing to the right of Ninian in the last panel say?

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

"Aya Suzaki"

Which is Ninian's JP voice actor.

Cool, thanks

Ninian being Roy's quasi-canon mom always bugged me, since it retroactively creates a massive plot hole for FE6, since Roy having Dragon blood is never brought up at all.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Cool, thanks

Ninian being Roy's quasi-canon mom always bugged me, since it retroactively creates a massive plot hole for FE6, since Roy having Dragon blood is never brought up at all.

And Lyn doesn't exist period.

FE7 being a prequel created a bunch of crap.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

And Lyn doesn't exist period.

FE7 being a prequel created a bunch of crap.

Lyn's absence isn't quite as glaring, since it's assumed that Lilina's mom would have been a noble of some sort, and pseudo-medieval mortality rates makes it reasonable to assume she could have died in the 20 years in between.  And she doesn't have plot-blood that would create problems.

Or her unpaired ending, where she just effs off back to Sacae, would also explain her not being there.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Lyn's absence isn't quite as glaring, since it's assumed that Lilina's mom would have been a noble of some sort, and pseudo-medieval mortality rates makes it reasonable to assume she could have died in the 20 years in between.  And she doesn't have plot-blood that would create problems.

Or her unpaired ending, where she just effs off back to Sacae, would also explain her not being there.

Was it ever established that Hector's wife died, though? I thought she went missing or something.

Where's dat script?

Edited by NoirCore
Making it sound less like a "haha you can't find it" question.

14 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Image 1:

Reveal hidden contents

C7Dg2xVU4AA7Tlr.jpg

Image 2:

Reveal hidden contents

C7Dg3SBUwAAanIk.jpg

I love this a lot already, but it's even funnier to me because just a few days back I ended up talking to a few people about eliwood and how he holds a giant sword that's way bigger than him and his horse which ended up raising the question of what that might be symbolizing

at first we thought maybe it was to compensate, but in the end we decided it was probably huge too because both of them go into ninian at some point

in a way, it feels like this comic was made with our terrible conversation in mind

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Cool, thanks

is it really a plot hole though? it's not like it contradicts anything in the game, and roy wouldn't be aware of it anyway due to his mother dying when he was young and never actually appearing to be a dragon in front of him

Edited by unique

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Cool, thanks

Well, to be fair, Ninian is a half-dragon herself, so if Roy has a normal human for a father, and half-human/half-dragon for a mother it might be possible that he didn't inherit any dragon blood at all. 

But I like to think that he did. What we do know is that his mother likes flowers from Illia which makes it likely that his mother either Ninian or Fiora as both are Illians.

39 minutes ago, unique said:

is it really a plot hole though? it's not like it contradicts anything in the game, and roy wouldn't be aware of it anyway due to his mother dying when he was young and never actually appearing to be a dragon in front of him

The fact that Durandal and the other uber Dragon killing weapons have a mind of their own that leads towards the wielder to go into auto-kill mode in the presence of those with Dragon blood and there being no reaction by or around Roy at all when he's around them makes it a pretty big plot hole.

Wolt: Hey Roy!

Roy: Hey, what's up Wolt?

Wolt: You know this bow we just got?  Well, whenever I pick it up, I get the sudden urge to kill you.

Roy: Oh

49 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The fact that Durandal and the other uber Dragon killing weapons have a mind of their own that leads towards the wielder to go into auto-kill mode in the presence of those with Dragon blood and there being no reaction by or around Roy at all when he's around them makes it a pretty big plot hole.

Wolt: You know this bow we just got?  Well, whenever I pick it up, I get the sudden urge to kill you.

Well those same weapons can all be obtained in Binding Blade and it's not like anyone gets the sudden urge to impale Sophia (Not withstanding if you A-support with her and are talking about an entirely different meaning of the word) or lobotomize Fae there.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

38 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Sophia: Here is our national treasure the ultimate anima tome. Forblaze.

Lilina: Grrrr.

Sophia:  LIlina? Lil

WARNING NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED!

There can be only one loli mage!

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Well those same weapons can all be obtained in Binding Blade and it's not like anyone gets the sudden urge to impale Sophia or lobotmize Fae there

Oh, they do, they just know to restrain themselves.  It actually is responsible for Sophia's terrible base stats.  She got too close to the Forblaze one day, and it left her scarred for life.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Well, to be fair, Ninian is a half-dragon herself, so if Roy has a normal human for a father, and half-human/half-dragon for a mother it might be possible that he didn't inherit any dragon blood at all. 

But I like to think that he did. What we do know is that his mother likes flowers from Illia which makes it likely that his mother either Ninian or Fiora as both are Illians.

Yeah, this whole thing is a mess.

There are only a few definite canon pairings that work completely, such as Barte and Karla.

2 hours ago, unique said:

I love this a lot already, but it's even funnier to me because just a few days back I ended up talking to a few people about eliwood and how he holds a giant sword that's way bigger than him and his horse which ended up raising the question of what that might be symbolizing

at first we thought maybe it was to compensate, but in the end we decided it was probably huge too because both of them go into ninian at some point

in a way, it feels like this comic was made with our terrible conversation in mind

That giant sword is also a reason the JP voice actor being for Cloud as well is also a joke.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

In fairness, it did not compel him to kill the still human shape Nils.  Since Roy remains human the whole way through, the weapons didn't get triggered.

I guess they just sense how things are shaped.

2 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

In fairness, it did not compel him to kill the still human shape Nils.  Since Roy remains human the whole way through, the weapons didn't get triggered.

I guess it's a good thing Roy never transformed then.

Fae: This is Fae's dragonstone!

Roy: Let me see it.

(flash of light)

Marcus: A dragon! We're under attack!

8 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

I guess it's a good thing Roy never transformed then.

Fae: This is Fae's dragonstone!

Roy: Let me see it.

(flash of light)

Marcus: A dragon! We're under attack!

Wouldn't Marcus be aware?  He was present for the events of FE7, after all.

All things considered he'd probably the one attempting to calm everyone down.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Well, from what I remember about Manakete lore is that their human forms are their way of keeping their powers under control. So it could be the weapons react to some sort of energy dragons emit, and the energy is only present when manaketes are in dragon form.

Plus, Roy would be a quarter-manakete. It's possible that at that point, his human blood overrides his manakete blood, to the point he's unable to transform. He is like the only quarter manakete in the series besides Kanna, and his/her grandpa was not the average dragon. Not much a of baseline to go off of for figuring out abilities.