Voice Acting/Artwork Praising Thread

NoirCore

5 hours ago, pppantsu said:

I meant FE Fates, but I'm still waiting for Silas or Percy to show up.

Er, well, given the topic's location, we're to talk about the Heroes VAs and art, sorry. :P

For art, yamahda akihiro is my favorite. Ogma, Jagen, Zephiel and Gunter all look amazing. I would like this art in the next fire emblem game. 

For actors, I'll start with the male corrin. Cam Clarke really upped his preformence in heroes. Seriously, one of my favorites. Kyle Heberts Barte is great as well. I love young tiki's British voice. It's adorable. I also prefer the new voice of camilla, which is something  I never thought I'd say. I could say a lot more, but that would take forever.

- Camus is a sexy bastard in Heroes, that is some fiiiine art mmm. Could almost go gay for (the voice might be the tipping point lol but I don't really remember it)

- Serra's art is pretty good and voice work is fantastic for my tastes. Really captured the spoiled, wannabe-aristocratic/ladylike qualities of the character haha

- Cecilia's artwork is wonderful and Cherami Leigh did a great job voicing her and Gwendy both IMO

- Sarah Blandy's Kagero voice is much better in Heroes than it was in Fates IMO, fits the character much better with the lower pitch and more severe tone.

- Though Tiki's accent is weirdly much more pronounced in Heroes than it was in Awakening I still like it, Mela Lee has a great voice for her, both versions. (also adult!Tiki's angry battle snarls get me hot don't judge me)

- Lyn's and Matthew's voices sound more or less exactly what I imagined for them; I dig

- Ogma's voice is some pretty great Trav Willingham fare. Niiiiice

- I love how angry Saizo sounds when you select him on the map lmao

- Fir's voice and art are both really cute and well-done IMO; she avoided getting exchanged for feathers because my wife liked the look of her haha x3

- Wrys sounds SO FUCKING NICE. WHAT A NICE OLD MAN

That's all I can really say from who I've heard; I'm sure others are good too but that's all I know for now.

10 hours ago, Delfino said:

-Male Corrin. His artwork here actually made me not hate his design for a minute, haha. I feel like he looks more dragon-like.

He also grows a tail in his special skill art which is a neat detail.

Edited by Vaximillian

45 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, that was a really nice touch. Female Corrin's was kind of a bummer in comparison, but I love a lot of the little details and subtle changes in expression between a lot of the attack/special skill artworks. Niles sticking his tongue out made me laugh, and even if I'm not big on the style used for Hector, I love the hilariously terrifying expression he's got going on with the lightning in the background.

Also props for Yamada Akihiro for making the attack and skill artworks completely different.

17 hours ago, BANRYU said:

- Camus is a sexy bastard in Heroes, that is some fiiiine art mmm. Could almost go gay for (the voice might be the tipping point lol but I don't really remember it)

Found out it's also Travis Willingham. Haven't heard the voicework yet but things are not looking good for my straightness.

23 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Found out it's also Travis Willingham. Haven't heard the voicework yet but things are not looking good for my straightness.

A little bit too deep (goes well with the artwork but not the character itself), but still good. Great puns in the Status lines.

42 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

A little bit too deep (goes well with the artwork but not the character itself), but still good. Great puns in the Status lines.

Are you just hearing him in the story mission he appears in, or is there somewhere his (and all the characters', really) lines can be heard?

I really love Florinas art and her VA. Julie Kliewer makes her sound innocent, adorable while making her seem like a normal person despite her anxieties, unlike most stereotypical shy women in gaming.

Sanaki's voice is surprisingly perfect. I am expected some Florina shit where she'd sound like 12. Or in Raigh's case which he doesn't sound like and adorable shota at all.

>I absolutely love Jeorge's artwork and voice. I've always been a fan of him and I'm pretty sure he was the only character I liked from Shadow Dragon besides Wolf.

>I also like Sachiko Wada's illustrations. I didn't think I'd ever find Barst attractive lol. I also like his VA, as he voiced my favorite Rune Factory character.

>Ray Chase did a superb job at imitating Gideon Emery's Gaius.

>Young Tiki's voice is really cute and fitting.

>Setsuna's voice actress really nailed the absent-minded aspect of her.

>Cain's voice actor is hilarious and his art is good.

>Also, I really like Seliph in this game. Both his voice and appearance are incredibly charming! I loved his line about wanting to become strong enough to protect the player :wub:

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Are you just hearing him in the story mission he appears in, or is there somewhere his (and all the characters', really) lines can be heard?

All his lines! They can be found on the internet easily on a (big) file called Fire Emblem Heroes Asset Collection (on Reddit), alongside all the artworks, voices (both including grand heroes), weapons sprites, the full OST, maps, backgrounds, clips, etc. I'm not sure if I can give the link. 

16 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I believe female Corrin grows a tail as well in her special attack art too. Fae also has her wings, although she always could sprout her wings, whereas Corrin never grew a tail in human form in Fates.

4 hours ago, NoirCore said:

I believe female Corrin grows a tail as well in her special attack art too. Fae also has her wings, although she always could sprout her wings, whereas Corrin never grew a tail in human form in Fates.

Indeed she does:

QNmCJgh.jpg

Edited by Vaximillian

Cam Clarke's Corrin is rather pleasant on the ears, and his art is rather nice in this game as well.

Julianne Alexander's Catria is DEFINITELY a voice I didn't expect from her, and her art is lovely too. 

Julie Maddalena brings so fun to Sharena's voice! And she's got an awesome design too! 

Those three are the ones that stand out the most to me. Although I honestly like most of the voices in this game... excluding Hinoka and Peri's replacement voices. 

Edited by HylianBelmont