Promote Nino or Cordelia to 5 stars (or someone else)

Nadaph

I currently have a 5 star Lyn, Linde, and Raven, and I have enough feathers to promote one unit to five stars and I have Nino 40 and Cordelia 40+1 from normal play, but I'd rather have one of them as 5 stars. My current roster is Lyn, Cordelia, Nino, Lissa (just pulled Linde and Raven), but I plan to replace Lissa with Linde, however Lissa may be better to promote.

Other options include Marth, Camilla, and Gordin, but I would rather stick with one of the other characters that I'm more familiar with how to use the effectively.

Thanks!

Edit: If there's a better place for this please let me know :)

Edited by Nadaph

Linde is much much much better than Lissa. Don't ever take her out of your lineup.

Nino is great if you have people to buff her. Cordelia is a solid unit but gets destroyed by Takumi. Marth is an all around solid unit who can take out dragons for you.

Lyn, Linde, Raven, Marth might be your best bet. Nino is a better character but you don't really have the right team to support her in that role.

That was my thoughts on Linde. I've seen her a lot more for a reason and I've heard she's really strong. Who would be good to use with Nino and what about Raven? I haven't heard much about him, so I don't know how strong he can be or will be, etc. Also I don't want to completely drop Nino and possibly Cordelia if I can find good situations for them, so I was wondering who Nino synergises with (also draw back has become very helpful for me). Cordelia suffers from Takumi in general, so she might be useful eventually.

Nino needs people who apply buffs to power up her tome. Spur skills don't work, have to be Rallies or Fortify. The only one of your characters that does that is Lissa, but that's tied to a cooldown. You also don't want to use healers in arena. So you don't really have a way to power up Nino atm.

Raven is decent, not amazing but certainly usable.

To expand a little on Nino's "like" list -

Eirika is one of the better ones if you ever end up pulling her. Sharena is great as well (and free for everyone), if you have her leveled. I don't believe there are other people with double-buff potential floating around atm, but they'd play nicely with her too.

She also likes Song/Dance power. A second action will let her a) retreat to a position adjacent to her buff-buddies or b) get another attack off with an insane buff setup that might not be available on the next turn, depending on where your units moved. That, plus draw back or attack → song/dance → draw back shenanigans are always fun. The fact that both Olivia and Azura come pre-equipped with a buff is icing on the cake. It's noteworthy that Azura is strictly better because a) Nino hates Reds, and Azura eats those alive and b) Nino's favorite buff-buddies (Eirika and Sharena, from above) both buff Atk. Olivia's Hone Atk is redundant with these (slightly less redundant with Eirika because Sieglinde is only equivalent to Hone Atk 2), but Azura's Fortify Res is not. Unfortunately Azura is also a really rare pull.

She also plays pretty well with F!Corrin, though the synergy is less pronounced than with the characters mentioned above. Corrin's Seal Res can help secure a one-shot, and/or Dark Breath can secure a one-round by allowing Nino to double a particularly fast opponent. 5* Nino with neutral Spd and a Spd buff sits comfortably at 40 (38 with 4* Nino isn't too shabby either). That's good enough to double most people, but there are some faster people that can escape that (I actually had a case where there were two Marths standing next to each other, Spurring each other's Spd, which put them just out of double territory). Dark Breath fixes that up nicely. Corrin's Hone Atk doesn't hurt either, but again, it's redundant with her favorite buff options.

Edited by LordFrigid
Finished an awkwardly incomplete thought.

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I don't believe there are other people with double-buff potential floating around atm, but they'd play nicely with her too.

Caeda has Rally Speed and Fortify Resistance, but only up to +3 since her upper level is dedicated to Fliers only instead. (Obviously Eirika and Sharena are better)

So I recently rolled a 5 star Lucina, does she make a 5-Star Marth redundant or should I still worth on promoting Marth to 5 stars?

3 minutes ago, Nadaph said:

So I recently rolled a 5 star Lucina, does she make a 5-Star Marth redundant or should I still worth on promoting Marth to 5 stars?

Both fulfill a niche; At their core, Marth is a bit more durable and mobile, and supports speed with Spur Spd, while Lucina hits harder and a bit faster, and supports with Spur Atk

Personally, I prefer the Spur Spd and mobility that Marth offers. Though if your Marth is 4*, you'll probably be fine just replacing Marth. with her

I actually just made my Nino five star last night

She's not the best unit, but she's still fantastic imo

I just love Nino so I'm kind of biased

14 hours ago, Elieson said:

Both fulfill a niche; At their core, Marth is a bit more durable and mobile, and supports speed with Spur Spd, while Lucina hits harder and a bit faster, and supports with Spur Atk

Personally, I prefer the Spur Spd and mobility that Marth offers. Though if your Marth is 4*, you'll probably be fine just replacing Marth. with her

I'll still work for those red badges then. If they have different roles, then it'll be nice to switch them off. Or at least have the option for a 5-star Marth

11 hours ago, CWGameplay said:

I actually just made my Nino five star last night

She's not the best unit, but she's still fantastic imo

I just love Nino so I'm kind of biased

I never used her in FE7 but I loved her story and character, plus her design in Heroes is just like how I would have imagined her in FE7. I agree, she's a great character, I'm sad that she's not as good on her own.

On 3/8/2017 at 6:42 AM, Nadaph said:

I never used her in FE7 but I loved her story and character, plus her design in Heroes is just like how I would have imagined her in FE7. I agree, she's a great character, I'm sad that she's not as good on her own.

Yeah, I loved her story.

I've seen that either people hate Nino or love Nino.

Not too many in betweens.