The basic fields that would be filled to make Fire emblem maker a thing

Units: Have a somewhat expansive [or just go all out] unit creator. at least 40 hairstyles for each gender, at least 5 different body types per gender, at least 25 different face types per gender etc. Enemy units can be defaulted based on the game.

What games: From FE3 to FE15/FE16

Maps: Make maps customizable.

Weapons: Use all weapons from all games.

Story: Make an option to put in a multi-chapter game chain where you can save per chapter [and battle save if the creator will allow it] along with making it to where you can make a unique story with dialogue and somewhat unique characters or something.

Sprites for older games: Make them match the unit's looks.

Skills: Make it to where FE4 and up have skills.

Stats: Make stats completely customizable.

Classes: If a class' base max stats are modified, make it to where there are customizable class names in that situation.

Music: Make it to where ALL music from ALL fire emblem games is allowed. Not only that, but maybe update the music list to have songs from other games as requested, if possible.

Adding and removing units: Make it to where if a multi-chapter user created experience, for the user to force some units to be unusable or straight out removing them.

Clear objectives: Add all the clear objectives from all games.

Adjustable stat growth: Make this a thing. Simple as that.

Voice acting: Make 25 unique voices per gender at least, along with adding voices from previous fire emblem games.

is it a dumb idea is it a good idea i dunno. I feel like my ideas have holes usually. I'm probably missing something.

The reason why Super Mario Maker is so popular is that it is really easy to make a level. Your first post, on the other hand, makes it pretty easy to see why a Fire Emblem Maker would not work. After all, FE hacks take many months to make, while I can create a decent-sized Mario level in about six hours.

Also, why the hell would you include the option to put non-FE music in the game?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

For the last strand "Why would you include the option to put non-FE music in the game", I was just thinking if someone would want custom music is all. However, this is a flawed idea, as it'll likely be very unlikely they can even do that.

Second, looking at this idea from a standpoint, it is impossible for them to make this without a huge budget and a huge time span. Not only that, but the games could take months to make as you've pointed out. There's a lot of factors to consider, making Fire emblem maker a unrealistic idea in the end. Just be happy we have customizable characters to an extent, I guess.

Edited by Pupspider
accidentally left in some unnecessary idiotic text idk

It's a nice idea, but it's just not practical. FE level design is really hard, as evidenced by the level design in most hacks being pretty bad - take Do5, which was a fucking unremitting slog.

On 3/1/2017 at 10:18 PM, Pupspider said:

also, why i posted this here is because i feel like someone already made this kind of post, so that would probably count as rapid-firing the same thing.

I was the one who first suggested such a thing, I believe.

Well, if you streamline it a bit it could be pratical, as a feature in a regular game maybe. Having it support all FE games is unrealistic, so it would likely apply to the only to the game it's on, and just use classes, weapons, etc. from that game. Music is debatable - having every track seems a bit much, but it wouldn't be hard to add a few tracks from the older games. Customization is unnecessary, although maybe the boss can use the Avatar's customization system (as all the models would already be in the game). Maps would have to use basic forest, mountain, water, etc. tiles. Enemy skills and stats would be customizable. Although you wouldn't be able to make a full game, it would at least be fun to make a few levels.

Of course, most of the levels people would make on this system would probably suck. However, I can honestly say the same thing about Mario Maker.

Edited by Bandido Banderas