Leveling up, classes, and skills

jdb1984

Okay, for Chrom's skill set, I plan to have Chrom have Dual Strike+, which he comes with.  Then I switch him to a Cavalier to learn Discipline right away.  Promote to a Paladin, and he learns Defender at level 5.  Then I finish off by going to a Great Lord to get Aether (5)and Rightful King (15).

What I want to know is, what level is best to have these reclasses and promotions happen.  I remember the "Level 10 for skills, Level 20 for stats" rule, but I don't know if that's still relevant.  And I'll be going through a lot of classes to get these, and have to level up each one in order to get the classes and switch.

Based on what I can see, you're going to need to do the following for Chrom:

Lord lvl 10, Cavalier lvl 10, Paladin lvl 10 (because you won't be able to second seal him into Great Lord at a lower level).

Echoing what Chloey said in terms of levels though; since reclassing in Awakening resets your stats, you basically want to promote/reclass as soon as you've grabbed the skills you learn so you delay the slowing of Exp gain as much as possible. 

Honestly if you're open to the change, I'd suggest going to Great Knight and getting Luna instead of Defender; can also pick up Dual Guard+ in that class which sort of synergizes kinda well with Dual Strike. Also Luna and Aether together with Rightful King has some good synergy and can be pretty powerful. Paladin might be better as a finishing class for Chrom.

What I'm doing with my chrom is a little weirder lol. My setup is Chrom as a Bow Knight with Bowfaire, Aether, Luna, Dual Strike+, and Rightful King / DG+ (he has both but can't remember which one I actually use in the last slot).