• Shareena
    • Chrom
    • Lucina
    • Ephraim
    • Eirika
    • Leo
    • Elise
    • Unsure

This may be a bit early, but what teams are all of you planning to join when Voting Gauntlet opens up? (I didn't see a similar poll anywhere else, but I'll delete this if the poll has already been made).

I only have Alfonse and Sharena (at low levels) so I'll be on Team Ephraim :D

Edit: had to remake poll because I'm a forum noob and accidentally deleted it

Edited by hauteclere

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharena since out of the options presented, she's the only one I actually trained (to lv. 40 4-stars) if I want to take advantage of the voting boost. I hardly trained Alfonse and I don't have anybody else as much as I'd love to join team Eirika.

48 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Sharena since out of the options presented, she's the only one I actually trained (to lv. 40 4-stars) if I want to take advantage of the voting boost. I hardly trained Alfonse and I don't have anybody else as much as I'd love to join team Eirika.

You've uncovered the fatal flaw with how this gauntlet system works.  Unless they start out handing free Leo's or Elise's, they might as well not even compete.

I would have joined Leo, but alas I only have an Ephraim and he grew on me these last couple weeks. Hopefully the map doesn't allow Leo to kite around everyone, laughing as he's ranged

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You've uncovered the fatal flaw with how this gauntlet system works.  Unless they start out handing free Leo's or Elise's, they might as well not even compete.

I'm also forced to adjust my Arena Defense team to now include Sharena if I want to use her in the Voting Gauntlet and get the voting boost since Sharena has to be in the lead spot for the Arena Defense team in order to be used in the Gauntlet. This can impact the team's ability to defeat player-controlled offense teams and affect unit positioning.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I like Leo as a character plus I've got one of my own, so yeah, but it's really disheartening to face the Ephraim horde.

Scratch that, there are prizes involved. RIP Leo. Now I'm just trying to decide between team Eph, Eirika or team Sharena.

Edited by r4v1sh

Is it spelled "Shareena," with two 'e's, somewhere in the world? Is that why I keep seeing people spell it like that?

I think I'll join team Lucina. And if the Choose Your Legends poll is anything to go by, she's likely to win.

I feel bad for Alfonse, and he's actually served me really well throughout ... well, everything. So I'm picking him.

I just looked at the poll, team ephraim hype! Join now or get crushed beneath our Awesomeness!

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I feel bad for Alfonse, and he's actually served me really well throughout ... well, everything. So I'm picking him.

Alfonse already lost. Join team Ephraim. Ephraim wants you! W̶h̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I just looked at the poll, team ephraim hype! Join now or get crushed beneath our Awesomeness!

Alfonse already lost. Join team Ephraim. Ephraim wants you! W̶h̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶

I can't pick Ephraim even if I want to. Wasted 20 orbs attempting to summon one of the siblings from his banner, got a bunch of junk and left me scrambling for more free orbs when Sanaki was announced.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I feel bad for Alfonse because he's already overshadowed by pretty much every other prince/lord in his own game. Not that he's not useful, but he starts as a 2*, and never really reaches the heights of others. It's kind of sad, since I think he's kind of cool as a character.

8 minutes ago, Florete said:

Is it spelled "Shareena," with two 'e's, somewhere in the world? Is that why I keep seeing people spell it like that?

I think I'll join team Lucina. And if the Choose Your Legends poll is anything to go by, she's likely to win.

Nope. It's "Sharena" through and through. I think most people make the mistake because "Shareena" is a more common spelling of it. I made the same mistake for that reason. Not to mention, we've already got a Sheena, so I think a lot of it is rollover from that.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

I can't pick Ephraim even if I want to. Wasted 20 orbs attempting to summon one of the siblings from his banner, got a bunch of junk and left me scrambling for more free orbs when Sanaki was announced.

You don't need to have Ephraim to vote though so get your butt to the  I̶n̶c̶e̶s̶t̶ cool side! Alfonse is cool and all but nobody really cares about him. (I'm only saying this based on what the poll says, the rest of the world might disagree and Alfonse could end up winning, somehow).

7 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I feel bad for Alfonse because he's already overshadowed by pretty much every other prince/lord in his own game. Not that he's not useful, but he starts as a 2*, and never really reaches the heights of others. It's kind of sad, since I think he's kind of cool as a character.

Well, he and Sharena are technically the "lords" of this game (even if it isn't an in-depth one) so I try to give the lords attention. I was also training Sharena, but it was not easy training her and Alfonse at the same time, and he pulled his weight more so I focused on him. Now that he's level 40 5-star, though, time to focus on her!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

You don't need to have Ephraim to vote though so get your butt to the  I̶n̶c̶e̶s̶t̶ cool side! Alfonse is cool and all but nobody really cares about him. (I'm only saying this based on what the poll says, the rest of the world might disagree and Alfonse could end up winning, somehow).

I'll stick with the underdogs anyway :P:

Edited by Sunwoo

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, he and Sharena are technically the "lords" of this game (even if it isn't an in-depth one) so I try to give the lords attention. I was also training Sharena, but it was not easy training her and Alfonse at the same time, and he pulled his weight more so I focused on him. Now that he's level 40 5-star, though, time to focus on her!

I'll stick with the underdogs anyway :P:

Most of the people I ask say 5* Alphonse is mediocre. I want to train him up because I like his design and such, but I'm scared of wasting resources on him. They say 5* Sharena is better, but still not amazing.

I don't now who to believe sometimes ;=;

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Spoiler

Ephraim sounds like he's getting off too much when he's in battle. I don't want to enable his habit.

I honestly have a feeling that Lucina is going to take it, just based on how crazy popular that she is.

Going with team Lucina.  Blue hair all the way!  Sorry Chrom she had to fix your past mistakes.

Now looking at this with boost vote option if you have the hero and not character considering popularity.  These heroes I would believe have the higher advantage in that regard of what can be acquire in game.

Shareena and Alfonse will be at the best advantage since everyone would have one in theory.  So these two will constant have voting boost votes.

Lucina, Chrom, and Eirika will be at the middle with the voting boost.  Lucina has the advantage of day one focus hero.  So in theory their will be more Lucina character out their in the wild to help her votes.  Chrom advantage is he day one hero and has 4* hero beside his 5* hero.  So I can see lot of people having a Chrom to go with if they go team Chrom.  Eirika has the main disadvantage of the middle area for vote boost.  Being a non day one hero.  Odds of people having her are less.  The main reason she has fair shot with voting boost is she was focus hero and theirs 4* version of her.  Which may give her the ground she needs to have people vote boost her.

Leo, Elisa, Ephraim are the low tier of vote boost.  Leo and Elisa are 5* heroes from day one with no focus.  So their player supports may not have the characters to give that precious vote boost.  Ephraim for vote boost has the biggest disadvantage.  Like Leo and Elisa their only a 5* version of him. While he has the advantage of 5* focus hero.  He was not day one focus hero.  So more players would probably gotten other 5* in this group then him.  Also he does not have advantage his sister has a 4* version to fall back on to increase his chances for vote boost.

It be interesting to see how vote boost will actually play with this given that their 10 orbs on the line if we get 5 billion votes overall for this event.  So some people may focus more logical approach then their actually favorites.  Hopeful when we get more detail info this will be fairer popularity contest then who just has characters to vote boost

6 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Most of the people I ask say 5* Alphonse is mediocre. I want to train him up because I like his design and such, but I'm scared of wasting resources on him. They say 5* Sharena is better, but still not amazing.

Decide for yourself, lol. My Alfonse has 43 HP, 51 atk, 25 spd, 32 def, and 22 res. He also has his personal sword, sol, death blow 3, and spur atk 3. While I'm not going to say he's the best, he has his uses on my team. Keep him away from blue mages and he should be fine. He will be doubled by a lot of things, but he does have the defense to at least live. His attack has the potential to be massive, and he boosts the attack of people around him. Just a few hours ago, I was trying to beat 9-2 on lunatic mode, and m!Robin (the only who could damage the blue lance armor) died. Alfonse basically distracted the armor from Sanaki, while Clarine healed him, and Sanaki chipped in for 9 damage per turn when hiding behind Alfonse.

14 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Everyone's play style is different.  My jig is Virion/Raigh, which makes most people scratch their heads.  I find Sharena/Alphonse equally useful, whether it be Sharena's support, or Alphonse's ability to tank.

- Chrom. I have him and don't feel like upgrading Alfonse to 4* just yet in case I need F!Robin as bonus character. Though I wouldn't mind switching to Team Alfonse for the points. They're similar in my eyes.

- Sharena. Trained to 4* and don't own Lucina. If I had Lucina, I'd go with her.

- Ephraim OR Leo. I don't own either. I like Leo so much more over Ephraim so I'd like to go with him, though Ephraim will unfortunately be the more common one, I would assume, due to being featured in a focus. I'll decide when the time comes.

- Eirika probably. Don't own either. Eirika will probably be more popular/common. I don't really like one over the other as characters.

What I see as a problem is that a couple focus characters are being paired with ones that aren't. Essentially, the focus characters are going to be more common and thus team up for the points. I find it a bit weird they did it this way. If they wanted Eirika to go up against another focus character, it should have been Camilla or Lyn. As for Ephraim, Takumi, obviously. While they're not siblings like Eirika and Ephraim, at least Camilla and Takumi came from the same focus. While Chrom can be a similar issue, at least he's paired with someone everybody gets. The upside being that Chrom is technically better than Alfonse and having a similar role. Same can't be said for Eirika/Elise and Ephraim/Leo.

51 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ephraim sounds like he's getting off too much when he's in battle. I don't want to enable his habit.

I honestly have a feeling that Lucina is going to take it, just based on how crazy popular that she is.

Between alfonse and sharena, A̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ Sharena always takes the cake. She has a lot more team support than alfonse. But that's not what this is about. This is about Team Ephraim murdering the competition. People are gonna be like "Nah Lucina is gonna win". But when we stomp Lucina so far into the ground she ends up rocketing into space on the other side of the planet that is when people will know! They'll crawl to us begging for mercy and all we can say is no! You should've been with us from the beginning! Team Ephraim will absolutely destroy everything you care about (in game)! No man or woman will be able to understand or comprehend the destruction that will ensue on our onslaught of doom death and despair! Hail Ephraim!

Spoiler

I need to get a life 

Edited by Arcanite

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Unless the orbs stop flipping me off, it's going to be one of the free heroes. I'll decide which one later.

I want to do Leo, but since I don't have him, I'm not sure if I should even bother.  I don't even have any of the Focus characters, despite my best efforts in trying to PUll the Twins.  I guess I might just have to do Sharena.  I've got her to 4*, for what that's worth.  I wish they actually made it possible to play to Gauntlet as intended.

Sharena. She has been doing great in my Nino nuke team and I don't have mental scarring associated with her unlike Eirika.