Fire Emblem: Radiance's Dusk (sign ups closed)

Truthblade

Location_World_Map.jpg.ea2d29de89afc2838adec78cdb8c8c9f.jpgţ

Tried to do this somewhere else, but there doesn't seem to be that many tellius fans over there, so i am hoping i would have better luck here.

So I have been having this idea for a Fire Emblem roleplay that serves as a sequel for the Tellius saga (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, Ike and Micaiah’s games) which takes place about a century after Radiant Dawn. The story has a few story arcs across the large world of Tellius, each focusing on a different group, but occurring at the same time. Anyway, here are the Arcs, each with a spot for a specific protagonist. The plot may have some tweaking to do, so I am willing to take some advice on plot ideas. You can also join more than one arc.

Arc One: Rifts of Begnion:
The Senate of Begnion is as corrupt as ever, and now there is a deep rift between them and the apostle. It is also discovered that a very wealthy family in Begnion had been secretly running a sanctuary for escaped Laguz slaves. But when the Senate wants to interfere, things get heated.
Participators:
Apostle: (1 slot Opened)
The Family’s Siblings: (Me, 3 spots opened).
Servants of the Empress: 4 spots opened.
Servants of the Family: 4 spots opened.
Laguz Slaves: 4 spots opened
Most characters involved with this would be retainers or servants of the empress or the rich family, along with Laguz slaves.

Arc Two:  Shadow in Gallia
Gallia has mostly accepted the Beorc, but there one area of the kingdom has abruptly shut itself off to any non laguz. When the king goes to investigate, he does not return, and the Gallian Prince gathers a few of his allies to see what happened to him.
This would likely be a Laguz-exclusive plot. Other than the Gallian prince (with an opened slot) the other characters are other Laguz with close ties to the Prince from other nations (though dragons would have become incredibly rare at this time, and I will only allow one or two dragons as a result)

Arc 3: Divide of Crimea
The latest ruler of Crimea has made many choices and expressed many beliefs that has split people of Crimea, but choosing not to respond with Daein’s alleged threats of war has was the last straw caused a breakout rebellion that eventually lead to the king’s death, and the heir to the throne escapes. Needing to stop the rebellion that usurped their father’s throne, they end up having to turn to a band of mercenaries.
Prince(ss) of Crimea: one spot opened
Mercenary leader: me
Mercenaries: 12 spots opened
This is mostly a Beorc exclusive plot, though I can allow one Laguz ally of the mercenaries if any of you guys would want to be one.

Fourth Arc: ???

Edited by Blade_of_Light

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea and I don't know how much you've actually planned, but I think that this is a bit too complicated for an RP. You have 16 slots for act 1 alone. An RP starting that big will only spell disaster. Start with a smaller cast and once you have things figured out, maybe open the room for a larger cast. And there's also very little detail about the background of the players and their objectives, that would be important to anyone who wants to join.

Also, it's a bit unclear what kind of RP you're making. Will it be purely story driven, or will there be some kind of combat system at play? Also since you said that the 4 arcs occur at the same time, does that mean that you will run all 4 different stories at the same time which will converge at some point like in Radiant Dawn? I don't mean to doubt you but that might be a little too much. Especially since the players' actions can often change the RP's plot completely and you as the host will have to accommodate that. You CAN force the plot to go the direction you want it to, but that won't be pleasant for everyone involved.

Anyway, that's just some of my thoughts. I won't sign up just yet but I'll look forward to any further details you can provide.

Random Player has pretty much summarized my worries about this up, but overall it seems like a good idea. I mean yeah, that might be the overall size of act one in the actual game(I think?), but it doesn't quite work out as well in an RP format.

I'll yoink that Apostle slot though, since that probably won't be going anywhere even after the character selection's chopped down.

Yeah, i thought i added it in but apparently i forgot: i was intending for people to be able to use multiple characters, as i doubted we would be able to have alot of players for the rp. I will try to tone down the numbers a bit though.

Just now, AriaNightingale said:

I'd happily join.

though like gabethegreen i apologize if i dont do good.

But can i sign up as a servant of the family?

On Sunday, March 05, 2017 at 8:03 AM, Toyotasomi no Miko said:

Random Player has pretty much summarized my worries about this up, but overall it seems like a good idea. I mean yeah, that might be the overall size of act one in the actual game(I think?), but it doesn't quite work out as well in an RP format.

I'll yoink that Apostle slot though, since that probably won't be going anywhere even after the character selection's chopped down.

On Monday, March 06, 2017 at 5:49 AM, Nimbostratus said:

heck yeah Tellius

will this be a stat-based game or no? Just curious.

either way, I'd like to be the Gallian prince, if possible

16 hours ago, gabethegreen said:

I have been meaning to try RPing for a while now and as a huge Tellius fan this has sparked my interest. ill totally be one of the mercenaries though i do apologize if im not very good at this

Your all in, though i would personally encourage making multiple characters (at least 2-3).

7 minutes ago, KadenTheKitsune said:

How do we complete the character sheet?

I will post it soon, and you will have to fill in all of the forms.

I have a few OCs that would work for this...will probably use my red dragon unless you allow herons. My heron OC is a common heron, which I headcanon to be blue feathered. He has galdr but it's less powerful than that of the royals. His best friend is a hawk, and I also have a tiger...so many choices. I'll be in arc 2. I do have beorc OCs but they're deeply rooted in RD time and I don't feel like tweaking them. The laguz will be easier to do so with.

Alright, i already got a character made, but it runs off of manakete not dragon tribe rules, so should i switch to laguz rules or keep it the same?

Edited by AriaNightingale
not clear enough

12 minutes ago, André The kid said:

Well, If possible, i'd like to participate, can i?

Sure.

1 minute ago, AriaNightingale said:

Alright, i already got a character made, but it runs off of manakete not dragon tribe rules, so should i switch or keep it the same?

Yeah, you should switch.

I really like the idea and I'm kinda intrigued to join.

The thing standing out to me though is that act 1 and 3 closely resemble what happened in the games, which in these stories happened about a century ago.
act 2 is the only one I see the potential in of being a standalone story expanding on Tellius' world.

So I wonder how you plan on diverging act 1 and act 3 from the games, make them their own follow-up and not re-live type of story. Don't spoil too much or tweak it just because of my suspicion though, I'm just curious :D

Act 4 to Hatari? It's the only country we know like absolutely nothing about and it be an interesting world to explore :$

also interested in what kind of CS you're going to use and when you plan on playing out these RP's (like weekly every fridayeve, or big sessions in the weekend or even the approximate timeslot for that matter. Which to me as an EU citizen is kinda important to know if I want to play with a US based host ;) )

Edited by Trymer

Ok i made the CS.

Name: 
Height
Weight
Race (Beorc or Laguz):
Arc:
Role:
Class (no third tier pre-promotes)
Weapons (you may have a personal weapon):
Growths:
Stats:
Skills:

Backstory:

Why are the second to last three bolded. It depends on this question: would you prefer if the rp was more mechanical or no (I would most likely omit the RNG based stats though).

(Trymer, i will get to your questions later)

You never answered my question about if common herons are allowed. I'd assume since it's a century later maybe the heron population has gotten back to normal? I'll put all three of mine anyway. I think appearance should be added, so I did, and I included height and weight in there.

Name: Strixal
Race: laguz(bird)
Arc: 1
Role: Helper/ally of the people running the sanctuary.
Class: hawk
Weapons: sharp talon, hooked beak

Growths:
STR 40%
DEF 35%
MAG 5%
RES 20%
SPD 65%
SKL 75%
LCK 40%
HP 45%

Total: 325

Stats:
STR 14
DEF 13
MAG 9
RES 10
SPD 14
SKL 15
LCK 11
HP 32

Skills: canto, shade(I know the game has it beorc only but it fits her)

Backstory:
A former laguz pirate, she was born into that lifestyle and saw the light one day when the owner of a ship handed over his gold and begged to be spared because he had a wife and kids at home. After she left the crew, she was on her own, and the bird laguz pirates would sometimes harass and attack her. After one of those attacks, she ended up on the coast of Begnion and was found by a common heron man, who used his galdr to help her regain her stamina. The two of them became fast friends. They work together as allies of the sanctuary.

Appearance:
Smaller and scrawnier than the average hawk, which in turn gives her above average speed and skill, but not as much as that of a raven. Hair is light blue, straight, and shoulder length, eyes are purple. Feathers are mostly tan, but she has brown tail feathers and head tuft shifted. Wears a simple red tunic with pants and light boots.

Name: Keanu
Race: laguz(bird)
Arc: 1
Role: Helper/ally of the people running the sanctuary.
Class: heron
Weapons: shining spell(galdr that can be used in combat like light magic)

Growths:
STR 20%
DEF 25%
MAG 60%
RES 50%
SPD 45%
SKL 45%
LCK 60%
HP 20%

Stats:
STR 10
DEF 12
MAG 17
RES 18
SPD 14
SKL 13
LCK 15
HP 29

Skills: canto, blessing, galdr

Backstory:
A common blue heron. Common herons are the soldiers of Serenes, since the Serenes massacre they have started to take precautions and focus a bit on offensive magic. The galdr of the common herons is comparable to light magic, and they can revitalize as well, but that's about it, they can't do the more advanced galdrs of the royals. He's a Serenes soldier/guard for the royals, and one day he befriended a former hawk pirate. They are both allies to the sanctuary.

Appearance:
About average build for a heron, somewhat small and light. Short light green hair, ice blue eyes. Feathers are a sky blue, and shifted he has an ocean blue face, throat, and chest. Wears a khaki colored cloth tunic, pants, light boots.

Name: Rannoc
Race: laguz(dragon)
Arc: 2
Role: ally of Gallian prince/ambassador
Class: red dragon
Weapons: fire breath, dragon fang

Growths:
STR 45%
DEF 35%
MAG 40%
RES 40%
SPD 50%
SKL 55%
LCK 30%
HP 30%

Stats:
STR 18
DEF 16
MAG 16
RES 14
SPD 15
SKL 15
LCK 10
HP 35

Skills: counter

Backstory:
The son of a dragon tribe general, he acts as an ambassador due to his friendly nature. He can be a troublemaker or prankster at times and he's a bit of a pyro, but he's loyal to his allies and skilled on the battlefield, so the Gallian prince values him.

Appearance:
Average build for a dragon of his age, which would be similar to a stocky beorc man. Short, dark blue hair, brown eyes. Dragon mark is above his left eye. Shifted, he's a bright crimson with dark red horns and claws, and his belly and wing membranes are reddish orange. Wears a vest over a simple shirt, pants, boots, and simple leather gloves.

Edited by Dragoncat
updated growths, also stuff with Keanu's colors

Name: Jason
Gender Male
Height: 5'7"
Weight 150lbs.
Race Beorc
Arc:3
Role:mercenary
Class archer
Weapons:Father's bow Mt:9 hit:90 crt:5 Wt:8 45/45 uses, reaper card
growths: hp: 55 str: 45 mag:25 skl:50 spd:70 luck:30 def:25 res:45
Stats: lvl10 hp24 str13 mag3 skl15 spd13 def8 res5
Skills:shove Discipline
Backstory Jason lived in Melior the capitol of Crimea for most of his life. His father was a Captain in the Crimean army and was know for his great marksmanship and his mother was a cleric who work at a local church. whenever his father cam home Jason would ask him to teach him how to be an archer and his father would always take him to the army training ground to let him practice. Whenever Jason wasn't practicing with their father he was running around like any normal kid or reading some books. Once Jason was 16 his father had left the army and urged Jason to not join the army while the current king was in charge. Jason completely confused asked why. "the kind is a complete fool and I fear joining his army may be a bad decision in the foreseeable future." his father said then he went to his bed. once he became 18 he decided to journey outside of Melior to see if he could work as a hunter or mercenary instead of a soldier. Before he left each of his parents gave him a gift his father gave him his old army bow "I hope it will keep you safe as well as i would my son." His mother gave him a strange card "If you ever find yourself in great danger perhaps this will help you where arrows can't." and with that he left Melior.

ill make another character later if you need me to but i figured id post this one first

Edited by gabethegreen