Fire Emblem: Radiance's Dusk (sign ups closed)

Truthblade

2 hours ago, Blade_of_Light said:

I honestly don't know how the skills are, my knowledge on the actual gameplay of tellius is kinda slim.

[...]

I am not to far into all of the mechanics either, so maybe one of you guys can help out?

Wait, do you mean you haven't played neither FE9 nor FE10? You're missing out on two great games. Anyway, I think we should first decide how stat-heavy this RP will be and in that case anyone of us who has played the games can come up with an actual character creation system by assigning a total of n points which can be spent on stats, growths, skills etc... Possibly by taking inspiration from other RPs on this site (however, what if we find out that some characters do not respect the limitations of the new system?)

1 hour ago, Skri43 said:

Oh right, big question here:  How are Laguz going to work in terms of transformations and their stats?  FE9 style, FE10 style, or some mix of the two?  They seem to be quite different between games and I'm unfamiliar with FE9's system

This has to be decided too as soon as possible; I actually suggest treating them as normal units, meaning they always stay transformed for gameplay purposes (and I'm not saying this only because I dislike both transformation systems); were we to find ourselves dealing with an actual turn-based game, then I suggest using the FE9 system, it was the easiest of the two to handle (at least that's the general opinion of the community, personally I couldn't stand either). 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

Wait, do you mean you haven't played neither FE9 nor FE10? You're missing out on two great games. Anyway, I think we should first decide how stat-heavy this RP will be and in that case anyone of us who has played the games can come up with an actual character creation system by assigning a total of n points which can be spent on stats, growths, skills etc... Possibly by taking inspiration from other RPs on this site (however, what if we find out that some characters do not respect the limitations of the new system?)

This has to be decided too as soon as possible; I actually suggest treating them as normal units, meaning they always stay transformed for gameplay purposes (and I'm not saying this only because I dislike both transformation systems); were we to find ourselves dealing with an actual turn-based game, then I suggest using the FE9 system, it was the easiest of the two to handle (at least that's the general opinion of the community, personally I couldn't stand either). 

I wish i have, but they're so freaking expensive!

Yeah i asked that earlier but no one answered. I personally think we should try omitting the RNG based stats (skill and luck) for the sake of the roleplaying format. If we don't use stats, then they would just be used as "guides" for how our characters perform in battle.

I heavily agree that Laguz should probably stay transformed.

3 minutes ago, Blade_of_Light said:

Yeah i asked that earlier but no one answered. I personally think we should try omitting the RNG based stats (skill and luck) for the sake of the roleplaying format. If we don't use stats, then they would just be used as "guides" for how our characters perform in battle.

You mean something a la FE Heroes? Where characters can't dodge nor miss nor crit? I don't know if players will be ok with that. Such a system makes classes like myrmidons and cats absolutely useless by preventing dodgetanking and you now need a new way to trigger skills like luna and sol which work on Skl% and Wrath (increases crit chance when on low HP).

May I suggest halting submissions for at least a few days in order for you to work out what you want your RP to be? Maybe with the help of a few interested users? You seem to have just so much stuff deep into "unclear territory". It would help interested users in deciding whether or not this is their RP. Unless you want to take all decisions together with your payer base through polls and the likes.

24 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

You mean something a la FE Heroes? Where characters can't dodge nor miss nor crit? I don't know if players will be ok with that. Such a system makes classes like myrmidons and cats absolutely useless by preventing dodgetanking and you now need a new way to trigger skills like luna and sol which work on Skl% and Wrath (increases crit chance when on low HP).

May I suggest halting submissions for at least a few days in order for you to work out what you want your RP to be? Maybe with the help of a few interested users? You seem to have just so much stuff deep into "unclear territory". It would help interested users in deciding whether or not this is their RP. Unless you want to take all decisions together with your payer base through polls and the likes.

Not like that. Hits and misses will still happen, but they are not determined by stats as i thing RNG like that would be too hard to utilize in an RP format.

11 hours ago, Skri43 said:

Oh right, big question here:  How are Laguz going to work in terms of transformations and their stats?  FE9 style, FE10 style, or some mix of the two?  They seem to be quite different between games and I'm unfamiliar with FE9's system

If it were up to me, I'd make it so they transform to fight and there's no gauge, they stay transformed until they need to switch back. As long as they have enough energy they can shift and stay shifted.

@Blade_of_Light I like drawing mine too! I've got Keanu's shifted form, just need to draw him unshifted...planning on doing the same for the rest.

Okay, I got the basic idea for my Arc 1 character.  Current stats assume a starting level of 1.  Let me know if there is anything particularly off.

Name:  Drift
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 235 lbs
Race (Beorc or Laguz): Laguz (White Tiger)
Arc: Rifts of Begnion
Role: Slave
Class: Tiger
Weapons: Fang
Growths:
HP-115%
Str-70%
Mag-10%
Skl-50%
Spd-35%
Lck-30%
Def-80%
Res-40%

Stats:
HP-36
Str-18
Mag-2
Skl-10
Spd-14
Lck-6
Def-11
Res-5
Mov-9
Con-32
Wt-52

Total Growth:
Drift: 430%
Base Tiger (PoR): 485%

RD base HP and large increase to base speed and subsequent growth reductions mostly responsible for growth rate reduction vs base PoR tigers, though it still goes over the average overall for both games.  Meant to emphasize his original nature as an overwhelming force for the mercs while eventually giving way to the tanky nature Tigers are generally known for.

Skills: Shove, Resolve

Appearance:  Drift is tall and muscular in his human form, his sheer size and bright white hair his other most recognizable feature.  Armor is his clothing of choice, as he wears medium armor whenever possible.  He has a large square-shaped face, his whole body marred with dark scars, and his eyes blaze a natural red.  He is not albino, however.  His Tiger form has fur as bright a white as his human hair, his eyes retaining their red color, and he also still wears the breastplate of his armor (if wearing any) while shifted.

Backstory:  Drift's life was mostly spent as one of a roaming mercenary group.  Mostly the brute force of the group but despising and being despised by most of those around him, Drift chose to act as a rather quiet person.  He continued like this for a long while until he and the band were finally caught trying to steal from a caravan.  Being a white tiger, a coat color considered rare, Drift was put into servitude rather than imprisoned.  Despite some remarks here and there, he remains stoic as he dutifully serves the family since it's a far easier life than the hardships of mercenary work.  However, he's actually rather hot-blooded and likes to fight, sharpening his skills in private whenever possible just in case he needs to fight once again.

Edited by Skri43
Appearance, stats

10 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

If it were up to me, I'd make it so they transform to fight and there's no gauge, they stay transformed until they need to switch back. As long as they have enough energy they can shift and stay shifted.

@Blade_of_Light I like drawing mine too! I've got Keanu's shifted form, just need to draw him unshifted...planning on doing the same for the rest.

I agree with the Laguz bit. It eliminates having to keep up with a gauge that not everyone uses. 

Although for the hit/Miss rng thing. It's something we probably should be focusing on for a bit, just so we can get that out of the way and can then get some more people in so we can get characters made. But we still probably should work on characters if you need them still, just so we possibly get into the roles we want, although we a focus on how this will work is a bit necessary.

Edited by AriaNightingale

right so on the topic of hit/miss.
PoR's system is like this:

Accuracy= Weapon Hit + (Skill x 2) + Luck + Biorhythm bonus + Weapon triangle bonus + Support bonus
Battle accuracy= Accuracy – enemy’s Avoid

which is way too compicated for an RP if you wanna calculate things fast.

RD's is even worse:

Accuracy = Weapon Hit + (Skill x 2) + Luck + Weapon triangle bonus + Biorhythm bonus + Buddy support bonus + Leadership bonus + Affinity bonus + Height bonus + Range bonus

So I'd suggest using the one from Awakening (omitting Weapon Rank bonus maybe?):

Hit rate = Weapon’s Hit rate + [(Skill x 3 + Luck) / 2] + Weapon Rank bonus

or if we want to keep it real simple (like some FE games do).

Hit rate = Weapon's Hit rate + Skill

(yes this really happens as the calculation in some games xP)

On the topic of Laguz, I'd also suggest using the transform when a battle starts, like it's just like a Beaststone or Dragonstone user.
the gauges are too annoying to keep up with anyway as well as the problem that stats change on transformation. This also differs per game (FE9 and FE10).

So i'd say balance the stats to the transformed forms... which in turn might mean that either growths must be increased (FE10 transformed stats) or bases must be increased (FE9 transformed stats).
This is because FE10 doubles stats on transformation except luck and hp (so we need to compensate using higher growths) and FE9 uses a set increase upon transformation based on laguz class (so we need to compensate the bases by these stats).

FE10's system does allow for stronger laguz, seeing as in PoR they do tend to end up weaker than beorc because of Forged and legendary weapons (as well as that FE10's Laguz skills are waaaaay more interesting than FE9 ones).

Character 2: Name: Tamrat Osie
Height:5'6" 
Weight:125 lbs.
Race (Beorc or Laguz): Laguz
Arc: 2
Role: Soldier of the Gallian Prince

Class (no third tier pre-promotes): Cat
Weapons (you may have a personal weapon):Claw
Growths: Hp:80% Str:55% Mag:0% Skl:45% Spd:65% Luck:50% Def:30% res:25% 
Stats: HP:25 Str:8 Mag:0 Skl:7 Spd:9 Luck:6 Def:5 res:2 (Before transformation)
Skills: Renewal, Shove

Backstory: Tamrat was born in Zarzi as the youngest child of a family of 5 children in a poor part of the city. Tamrat was very enthusiastic about life and was very interested about learning a large variety of things. He always wanted to explore places and as a result decided to join the army in the hopes of being able to explore. He was notable for being overly friendly to his fellow soldiers, but ultimately had unrelenting loyalty. He was often too over attached to people a\which kinda alienated dim from the other soldiers.

Appearance: Tamrat has short, light brown hair and green eyes. Tamrat is somewhat muscular in his beorc-like form and has extremely dark skin. In his Cat form Tamrat has a thin brown coat with black smudges spaced about on his fur.

Character 3: Name: Alexander Neilson
Height:5'11"
Weight:142 lbs.
Race (Beorc or Laguz): Beorc
Arc: 3
Role: Crimean Prince 
Class (no third tier pre-promotes): Sword Knight
Weapons (you may have a personal weapon): Amiti (I can change this if it would be too powerful early on.)
Growths: Hp:70% Str:60% Mag:0% Skl:50% Spd:55% Luck:30% Def:55% Res:30%
Stats: Hp:21 Str:7 Mag:0 Skl:5 Spd:6 Luck:3 Def:7 Res:2
Skills: Paragon, Canto
Backstory: Alexander was born the only child of King Reginald and Queen Caroline in the capital city of Melior. Alexander grew up in Castle Crimea and would spend a lot of time in the library reading through the extensive collection of books, however sword play had always interested Alexander. Alexander got general Micheal to teach him how to ride a horse and how to wield a sword properly. When the rebellion broke out, Alexander managed to escape, however his mentor Micheal stayed behind in order to serve as a distraction for the rebels.

Appearance: Alexander has medium length green hair, blue eyes and incredibly pale skin. Alexander wears a set of black armor with gold highlights running all along it. Alexander has a thin green mustache forming on his face and has a brown horse named Ajax.

We have the prince of Crimea, yaayyy! Also, yay for cats with markings. I have an OC who's basically a gray tabby. Gray with black stripes. But he's tied to my beorc OCs, which are tied to PoR/RD time so I won't be using him. Plus I have four already...

Very eager for this to start. I've never really done stat based RPs, but I would be willing to try. OP, I suggest closing signups ASAP because I think we have enough for each arc.

Just now, Dragoncat said:

We have the prince of Crimea, yaayyy! Also, yay for cats with markings. I have an OC who's basically a gray tabby. Gray with black stripes. But he's tied to my beorc OCs, which are tied to PoR/RD time so I won't be using him. Plus I have four already...

Very eager for this to start. I've never really done stat based RPs, but I would be willing to try. OP, I suggest closing signups ASAP because I think we have enough for each arc.

Agreed

Name: Anthony
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 125
Race: Beorc
Arc: 3
Role: One of the mercenaries
Class: Archer
Weapons: Bow of Apollo-A bow from the God of the Sun Apollo. Radiates light. (+2 Strength, +4 Skill, +3 Luck, -4 Magic, -2 Spd).

Growth:

HP: 75%
Str: 75%
Def: 40%
Mag: 25%
Res: 45%
Skl: 80%
Spd: 35%
Lck: 60%

Stats:

Level: 5
HP: 20
Str: 10
Def: 6
Mag: 4
Res: 5
Skill: 14
Spd: 8
Lck: 12
Movement: 5

Skills: Pavise, Celerity

Backstory: Don't know yet.

Edited by KadenTheKitsune
Needed to add something (might need to edit later)

1 minute ago, AriaNightingale said:

And now the other archer of the sun and moon joins.

But do y'all think that we have enough characters?

Because if we need more I still only have made one character.

Well i still haven't made mine....