Fire Emblem: Radiance's Dusk (sign ups closed)

Truthblade

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I like that idea, Trymer. I might redo the stats and growths of mine when I feel like doing math/if OP wants it.

thanks that you like it :D
Seeing as your character is a Laguz though the total growthrate will be higher seeing as you cap at 20 in PoR.
in RD they're toned-down a bit, because Laguz there could go to a 40 cap instead of 20.

I also don't know which level cap OP wants to use :P I think RD because he said "no tier-three pre-promotes" but I'm not OP ;)

side note: PoR has a weird class change stat algorhythm too, while RD just doubles every stat save for mov and con, which differs per Laguz class and being male or female (also there are no female tiger stats to compare it too *gasp* sexism in Fire Emblem confirmed)

Edited by Trymer

No female hawks either. I suppose I'll just use PoR's or the generic enemy RD ones. Also, a common heron would likely be different than a royal, since they're the soldiers, their defense and maybe resistance might be slightly better.

If you're confused, Torrel isn't my only one, I have three more in an earlier post.

Edited by Dragoncat

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

No female hawks either. I suppose I'll just use PoR's or the generic enemy RD ones. Also, a common heron would likely be different than a royal, since they're the soldiers, their defense and maybe resistance might be slightly better.

If you're confused, Torrel isn't my only one, I have three more on page 1.

that's up for your own interpretation there indeed ;)

haha no I'm not, I've read every entry so far. still debating on entering the other acts :/

12 hours ago, Toyotasomi no Miko said:

@OrangePerson you do know that weapon weight could potentially be a thing and is based on your str, which combined with your horrid speed means you'll be outsped by almost everything and die to any physical unit who looks at you funny, right

Wait isn't there a build stat?

4 minutes ago, OrangePerson said:

Wait isn't there a build stat?

yes there is con in FE9 and FE10, but it's solely used for shove and smite I think... oh and rescue as well.

according to Serenes page about the calculations for FE9 and FE10 this is the attack speed formula.

Attack Speed= Speed – (Weapon Weight – Strength, take as 0 if negative)
Double Attack if: (Attack Speed – enemy’s Attack Speed) >= 4

Edited by Trymer

Just now, Trymer said:

yes there is con in FE9 and FE10, but it's solely used for shove and smite I think... oh and rescue as well.

according to Serenes page about the calculations for FE9 this is the attack speed formula.

Attack Speed= Speed – (Weapon Weight – Strength, take as 0 if negative)
Double Attack if: (Attack Speed – enemy’s Attack Speed) >= 4

K thanks for telling me :D I won't change my sheet tho, If it is to be a super frail unit, Then be it.

@Trymer I updated the growth rates and kept the stats the same. I think 325 is a good total for growths...it was the total for the hawk class so I just used it for all of them. Honestly your system suggestion confused me a little, so I'm keeping it simple.

7 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I updated the growth rates and kept the stats the same. I think 325 is a good total for growths...it was the total for the hawk class so I just used it for all of them. Honestly your system suggestion confused me a little, so I'm keeping it simple.

System suggestion? oh do you mean going to the class growths and using those and altering them slightly to match the story/background of your unit?

Anyways I just went through them, they look snazzy :D good bases and some healthy growth to specialize their attributes (str def for the bulky tiger girl Torrel, skl spd for the smaller than average hawk Strixal and the interesting concept of Lightmagic/GaldrBlessing heron being all around frail but decently nimble and good with magic Keanu,

4 minutes ago, OrangePerson said:

Question: When will you reveal who got in?

When i have time, i am right now running two major rps on two different sites. I will try to do itntoday though.

Name: Cassian, Duke of Tanas
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 200 lbs
Race (Beorc or Laguz):Beorc
Arc: 1
Role: Defector (recruitable enemy)
Class (no third tier pre-promotes): Light Mage
Weapons (you may have a personal weapon): Thani
Growths: 40% HP, 10% Str, 60% Mag, 40% Skl, 40% Spd, 60% Lck, 20% Def, 55% Res
Stats: 24 HP, 5 Str, 10 Mag, 7 Skl, 8 Spd, 12 Lck, 3 Def, 8 Res
Skills: Cancel, Sacrifice, Shove
Backstory: Tanas was always rife with controversy since the Dark God was defeated. Hailed as heroes for defying Ashera, the Tanas family once again resumed their depraved ways. That was until the current Duke of Tanas, Lord Evazan, suddenly fell ill and died. His young son Cassian assumed the role of Duke after his passing, and nearly destroying all of what Tanas stood for. Tanas lost favor in the Senate, but gained favor from the Apostle. Cassian was aware that, should an incident occur in Begnion somewhere, Tanas would be forced into aiding the Senate rather than the Apostle, presumably by Blood Pact. To avoid being forced into commiting acts comparable to his ancestor Oliver of Tanas, Cassian instead told the Senate he would support them should a civil war in Begnion erupt, knowing Tanas would be among the front lines as punishment for Oliver's sudden betrayal of the old Senate and Cassian's own reforms within his region. 

Are there any spots open? I have no experience in roleplaying and I'd like to try it out (if only I wasn't so busy until the 26th... :cry:)

Regardless of me joining, I have a question: are you going to use the PR or RD skill system? I mean, certain skills play differently in each of them after all (think Resolve and Vantage).

Also, I'm an analytical person so... let's have a look at your PARTY COMPOSITION (I really mean it, I was genuinely interested in seeing what classes the fans are quicker to make their OCs into)

Spoiler

Arc 1 (I haven't checked the actual stats, but judging from the classes alone you might have a team a bit too fragile)
1 Hawk
1 Heron
1 Archer
1 Storm Mage
1 Light Mage
1 Druid
1 Peg Knight
1 Myrmidon
1 Halberdier

Arc 2 (looks like dragons are POPULAR, already filled their slots)
2 Tigers
1 Lion
2 Dragons

Arc 3
1 Archer
1 Fighter
1 Myrmidon
1 Sword General
1 Sword Armour 

seems like a lot of laguz (7) and swords (4) to me haha, magic with 3 (4 counting heron), 2 archers and 2 lances and 1 axe fighter...
no cavaliers, no wyvern knights, one pegasi :D

OP still has to post his own CS' I believe?

but so far if I take into consideration the promotions, we might see an extra sword (Falcon Knight), an extra bow (Warrior (inb4 Berserker)) and an extra 2 lance users (Generals/Marshalls).

Can I somehow bend some rules and become a cat laguz who uses beorc magic in arc 2? Who only fights in Laguz form when angry? xD
Otherwise maybe join as a beorc branded mage? that way arc 2 has some diversity in units.
Also I was totally not thinking about Tormod or Soren while writing this... kugh...

Curious whether this is still open, I'd be willing to join as a laguz (preferably tiger, lion or wolf, but no big deal otherwise)

However, I'm also relatively unlearned about the series and as such have no idea how to balance my growths or bases accordingly

Edited by Skri43
Mispell

Regrettably, I am going to have to retract my reservation and duck out. School is proving to be way too much at the moment and the last thing i need is another commitment at this time. Have fun, and maybe next time.

Re: Stats

I just based my Act 1/3 characters' growths off of Micaiah and Nolan respectively, which means they might be a little on the high average of things.

As for Sujolf, I just kinda had to guesstimate using the caps while trying to keep it fair. Most of his growths are only 'alright' aside from HP and Def, which are pretty big for a tank, and Luck because why not. I can edit them if needbe, but it'd probably just be chopping either 5, 10, or 15% off of each stat as necessary honestly.

8 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

Are there any spots open? I have no experience in roleplaying and I'd like to try it out (if only I wasn't so busy until the 26th... :cry:)

Regardless of me joining, I have a question: are you going to use the PR or RD skill system? I mean, certain skills play differently in each of them after all (think Resolve and Vantage).

Also, I'm an analytical person so... let's have a look at your PARTY COMPOSITION (I really mean it, I was genuinely interested in seeing what classes the fans are quicker to make their OCs into)

Reveal hidden contents

Arc 1 (I haven't checked the actual stats, but judging from the classes alone you might have a team a bit too fragile)
1 Hawk
1 Heron
1 Archer
1 Storm Mage
1 Light Mage
1 Druid
1 Peg Knight
1 Myrmidon
1 Halberdier

Arc 2 (looks like dragons are POPULAR, already filled their slots)
2 Tigers
1 Lion
2 Dragons

Arc 3
1 Archer
1 Fighter
1 Myrmidon
1 Sword General
1 Sword Armour 

I honestly don't know how the skills are, my knowledge on the actual gameplay of tellius is kinda slim.

8 hours ago, Trymer said:

seems like a lot of laguz (7) and swords (4) to me haha, magic with 3 (4 counting heron), 2 archers and 2 lances and 1 axe fighter...
no cavaliers, no wyvern knights, one pegasi :D

OP still has to post his own CS' I believe?

but so far if I take into consideration the promotions, we might see an extra sword (Falcon Knight), an extra bow (Warrior (inb4 Berserker)) and an extra 2 lance users (Generals/Marshalls).

Can I somehow bend some rules and become a cat laguz who uses beorc magic in arc 2? Who only fights in Laguz form when angry? xD
Otherwise maybe join as a beorc branded mage? that way arc 2 has some diversity in units.
Also I was totally not thinking about Tormod or Soren while writing this... kugh...

I will make my CS soon, but i like to draw pictures for my characters ( and one of them's gonna be a mercenary)

I don't think Laguz are capable of using magic unless they are branded.

I am not sure how i would work in a beorc into the plot honestly.

6 hours ago, OrangePerson said:

Also another question, will all the characters from the 3 arcs reunite in the 4th arc? I think that would be a cool idea :D

That would be the point of 4, except i am not sure what the plot would be and how i can get everyone together. (I honestly didn't expect this to get so much interest).

4 hours ago, Skri43 said:

Curious whether this is still open, I'd be willing to join as a laguz (preferably tiger, lion or wolf, but no big deal otherwise)

However, I'm also relatively unlearned about the series and as such have no idea how to balance my growths or bases accordingly

Yeah i think we're still opened i need to count all the roles.

I am not to far into all of the mechanics either, so maybe one of you guys can help out?

41 minutes ago, Heather said:

Regrettably, I am going to have to retract my reservation and duck out. School is proving to be way too much at the moment and the last thing i need is another commitment at this time. Have fun, and maybe next time.

Thats sad. Bye.

Most basic stuff is in the works, but my current character ideas per arc are as follows:

• Arc 1: Laguz Slave (Tiger)
  • Arc 2: Laguz Mercenary (Lion)
  • Arc 3: Laguz Ally (Raven)

I may need some help with base stats and skills, however.  Growths I think I can handle based on info earlier in the thread but we'll find out.

And yes I realize it's all laguz but I'm not particularly interested in most beorc classes, at least none off the top of my head.

Edited by Skri43
Mixed up roles of 2 and 3

Alright, with me now being able to fully commit to this I'all be able to fix Aria'S stats to better match the balance system and create characters for the other two acts.

Act2: Iaguz slave (Raven)

Act 3: Prince of Crimea (if it's still open)

Although I am getting a bit more excited for this now that I see all of y'alls characters.

Edited by AriaNightingale

Oh right, big question here:  How are Laguz going to work in terms of transformations and their stats?  FE9 style, FE10 style, or some mix of the two?  They seem to be quite different between games and I'm unfamiliar with FE9's system