The Future Past or Heirs of Fate? (FE13 VS FE14)

The Future Past or Heirs of Fate? (FE13 VS FE14)  

29 members have voted

1. 1. The Future Past or Heirs of Fate? (FE13 VS FE14)

• The Future Past (Fire Emblem: Awakening DLC)
    • Heirs of Fate (Fire Emblem: Fates ~ Birthright/Conquest/Revelation DLC)

The Future Past is depressing and has a nice story and the enemies in there are fun to fight in Lunatic. Heirs of Fate didn't seem interesting but maybe cause I only finished the first part of it. It might also be you get more RnG screwed in Fates than in Awakening is why I like The Future Past more. But I always thought fighting Grima is more fun than fighting Anankos and the music they use is awesome when fighting Grima.

The Future Past. It has better writing (in fact, I'd say it's some of Awakening's best, and Awakening has some very good writing outside of the main plot), it's more fun to play (because you're not forced to use child units with terrible unmodded stats and growths), it's not as unnecessarily long as Heirs of Fate, and most importantly it isn't an important part of the plot locked behind a paywall like Heirs of Fate was.

I preferred The Future Past as I enjoyed the parent/child conversations the most. especially stahl/severa That said, I liked the battles for The Heirs of Fate better. But, The Future Past edges out for in the end for me.

1 hour ago, AzureSen said:

The Future Past. It has better writing (in fact, I'd say it's some of Awakening's best, and Awakening has some very good writing outside of the main plot), it's more fun to play (because you're not forced to use child units with terrible unmodded stats and growths), it's not as unnecessarily long as Heirs of Fate, and most importantly it isn't an important part of the plot locked behind a paywall like Heirs of Fate was.

Well, anything I would have to add to this topic would be superfluous, so I'll just say "ditto".

The Future Past expanded on a part of the plot that people were actually interested in (the future that Lucina and the other children came from), was better written, and had parents interacting with children. Heirs of Fate was a poor attempt at capitalizing on the popularity of Future Past.

On 03/06/17 at 4:56 AM, Sunwoo said:

The Future Past expanded on a part of the plot that people were actually interested in (the future that Lucina and the other children came from), was better written, and had parents interacting with children. Heirs of Fate was a poor attempt at capitalizing on the popularity of Future Past.

Whilst I do agree and prefer Future Past, I'll also highlight that I did enjoy seeing certain HoF characters having some added depth. I already felt that Siegbert and Forrest were well-written characters HoF helped show some of their better characteristics. It definitely helped other characters seem less 1-Dimensional with characters like Kiragi and Shiro maturing more to their roles.

On the other hand, Future Past is dynamically written and from what I can tell, has little-to-no plotholes. Made better by the fact that you'll likely care for the characters you're protecting in some way.

Unlike HoF which assumes that you're not going to rename your Avatar thus causing one of the Kanas to have a stupidly named Father/Mother if the chosen name isn't unisex. That information was totally unneeded too!