[FE7] Fire Emblem: Little Dream(Patch ver1.0 now avaliable!)

Rindille

Hi everyone. I'm Rin and here's the project I'm working on. I called it 'Fire Emblem: Little Dream'.

Patch download

Some Notes

The patch is for FE7. It is not a large patch. It has three chapters in total, including Prologue, Chapter one and Chapter two.

In Prologue, you can get a hand axe from the village on the top right corner. It's better not forget to give it to your axe unit, because he won't show up in Chapter one, and there's no other axe user in your team for now.

If one of the four lords die, it's game over.

Known Bugs

Spoiler

In Chapter one, you may encounter tile glitches. But don't worry. When you begin that chapter, close the Autocursor and everything will be fine. If the glitch does appear, just move

your cursor around and you'll be okay. But DON'T turn off the Autocusor before chapter one, it may cause error and pause the game when you go into chapter one.

Secondly, when you open the states screen, the main leader may not match the condition. I still couldn't fix this but it won't influence gaming. So no need to worry.

Lastly, I haven't edited Nero's battle palette, so it's still default. I'll change this in the future.

Credit

Spoiler

Animation

Rindille
RusselClark
A Random Player
Kobazco
Dr0zz
TBA
Kitty of Time
MageKnight404
oracle_of_fire
Alfred Kamon
eCut
The Blind Archer
Aviv
Temp
Black Mage
Eliwan
Whitewolf8
MrNight48
L95
Lisandra_Brave
Eldritch Abomination
Teraspark

Map Sprite

Rindille
Teraspark
Lisandra_Brave

Mug

Rindille
LaurentLacroix
NicktCollection

Eventing

Rindille

Writing

Rindille

(Hopefully it's not awful...XD)

CG

Rindille
Nintendo
CrystalBlossom216

Maps

Rindille
Tiled
FEMapCreator

Special Thanks

Thanks for the resource

SerenesForest

Thanks for the amazing tutorials

Blazer
Ghast
Arch
Nintenlord
CT075
Agro
Primefusion

Thanks for the awesome tools

Nintendo
Tiled
Hextator and people who helped make FEditor Adv
People who made FEMapCreator
People who made nightmare
Yeti and people who made FERecolor
People who made BSPalette Assembler

Thanks for answering my dummy questions!

Primefusion
Tequila
Bedimal Eliwan
Lamia
CT075
Zane Avernathy
Mage Knight 404

Please tell me if I forgot someone.

Brief Background Story

Spoiler

Long ago, human and dragon coexisted on the continent. Blessed by dragons, who had the strongest soul amongst all races, mankind build their prosperous countries. However, with some unknown reason, dragon disappeared during years and only two of them remained here. The dark dragon and the dawn dragon, who still be in deep sleep in the darkness. Until one year ago, the dark dragon, who is guarded by Bern, opened her eyes.

Brief Plot

Spoiler

The continent is based on FE7 world. Though the names won't change for now but they're not quite the same. The story begins when Ostia lost her Marquess, although the old lord appointed his second daughter Fran to be the next lord, nobles weren't very satisfied with it. Under the pressure caused by different sides, Fran asked her little sister Elieen to fulfill their father's uncompleted work--the study of the Red Stone. With little knowledge of it, Elieen prepared for her travel to the place where their father did all the experiment secretly, but it will only lead to an unavoided tragedy. During her journey, she will reunite with the other three young lords. Will things still stay the same like those old times? No one could tell.

Updated Screen Shots

Spoiler

pro_scr_3.png.06dbd50d91a58827d1e1f70fc0e4ec1c.pngpro_scr_2.png.09c3b0c985b29f58ef8cedb4bec2b6c2.png6.png.9b9d58df20e1deb7fb4950d4e54796cc.png4.png.3359527fc68aa5c9fdadb0b59638ff2c.png1.png.5d266326f54acba2e66b461ae8f91633.png3.png.9299c857bbd3a24b228c3da4240ea94f.png

Need

Spoiler

I may need help of proofreading. If anyone would like to help me, please PM me. Thank you.

Help of maps and sprites is also appreciated!

This is my first hack, so please bear with my inexperienced work. I'll try my best to improve it. Please leave your feedback here, it'll help me a lot.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Edited by Rindille

Looks promising so far.

The maps are a little plain, but the enemy placement seems interesting enough to make up for it.

Is "Elieen" intentional?

On 2017/3/6 at 0:22 AM, Baldrick said:

Looks promising so far.

The maps are a little plain, but the enemy placement seems interesting enough to make up for it.

Is "Elieen" intentional?

Map

Yeah, MAPS...:P I had a hard time making them. I'll difinitely do some improvement in the future. Can you give me some tips of makeing it?

Enemy Placement

Thanks! I'm glad you notice that! In fact, I edited it a lot of times.

Elieen

About this name...kinda intentional. It's from one of my fav characters in another game. But it doesn't have an english version yet so I translated it based on how it sounds like. I might replace it when I get other names.

Edited by Rindille

7 hours ago, ukulelej said:

Interesting, the maps look a bit empty though.

I'll fill the map with a thousand enemies!XD

I'll improve them in the future...or even redo them. :P Can you give me some suggestion about how to make them more interesting?

I think the best way to have an interesting map is to avoid completely flat battlefields. Some obstructions or side objectives help keep things interesting. I'm pretty terrible at maps, but a good place to start would be looking at other ROm hacks (especially Staff of Ages), and see what works and what doesn't work.

1 hour ago, ukulelej said:

I think the best way to have an interesting map is to avoid completely flat battlefields. Some obstructions or side objectives help keep things interesting. I'm pretty terrible at maps, but a good place to start would be looking at other ROm hacks (especially Staff of Ages), and see what works and what doesn't work.

Yeah...there're many hacks did a good job on maps out there. I'll look at them for sure. I'll try to figure something out. :)

• Rindille changed the title to [FE7] Fire Emblem: Little Dream(Need help with proofreading)
  • 8 months later...