Are you on Team Kitsune or Team Wolfskin

Are you on Team Kitsune or Team Wolfskin?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are you on Team Kitsune or Team Wolfskin?

• Kitsune
    • Wolfskin
    • Other

Eeeh, I'm on the line. Appearance-wise, I like the the human-forms of Kaden and Selkie more than Keaton and Velouria, but I like the basic wolfskin better than Kitsune. Gameplay-wise I like the wolfskin better because Kitsune don't do enough damage.

4 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Is this like a play on 'Team Edward VS Team Jakob' or something?

Also, I don't see a poll.

Comparing a myrmidon and a butler? How nonsensical!

Wolfskin. The transformation is really cool and looks more like a wolverine or bear than any kind of canine. The human appearance and personality of Keaton I don't especially care for. And I have yet to recruit his daughter. Even though conquest has enough viable physical tanks, Keaton has 6 move and a nice anti-horse niche to make up for the lack of ranged attacking, and like Benny can nab HP +5, Sol, and Rally Strength from his fighter class set. Kaden's stats aren't great for a 1 range attacker and his diviner class set only gets him Basara skills and nothing else worthwhile.

Furthermore, I feel kitsune should have attacked with magic rather than be physical attackers. Similar to how the dragonstone deals magic damage. I think Kaden's design would have made much more sense if that were the case. Just make beastrune a magic-based beaststone.

Edited by Gustavos

In gameplay- Wolfskin all the way. Physical durability and more Str is superior to what the Kitsune have. The Kitsune might have more Spd, but they're definitely not 1 rounding much even if they double; plus dodgetanking is unreliable in Fates. The Resistance lead is useless, because they have no 1-2 range at all, making them even worse than Falcoknights and their crummy Javelins at being anti-mage (to speak nothing of the Ninjas).

Aesthetically- Kitsune all the way. Wolfkin are inferior to Beast Laguz. Volug and Nailah savagely rend into Velouria and Keaton with roaring success. The Kitsune on the other hand have never been done before and fit in perfectly with Hoshido's Japan theme. The Wolfkin feel like the forced Nohrian opposite of the Kitsune, with a little fairytale and werewolf inspiration.

As long as we're in agreement that the Taguel were the absolute worst. Mutant bunnies that aren't cool and lack any redeeming combat abilities.

Team Rocket, since this topic is blasting off into the Fates subforum.

But seriously, neither, since I'd rather class change all the beasts into something else.  Keaton's the most interesting character out of the bunch, though.

4 hours ago, Last Laugh said:

Laguz are better than both but I guess Wolfskin because I am Nohrian scum

Same.

I like the kitsune design better than the wolfskin design, but I get way more use out of Velouria and Keaton. (Keaton was actually my first choice for Corrin's husband, but I thought she was a little mean to him in their S-Support, so I decided to spare him that tragedy. lol)

5 hours ago, Last Laugh said:

Laguz are better than both [...]

+1

laguz are best transforming units

But I'm gonna have to go with Wolfskin, as they were simply more useful in-game than the Kitsune were for me. Keaton's amazing defense and strength, plus the fact that I didn't have to funnel staff uses into him unless it was an emergency, meant that he really shone as one of the best units during my Conquest run.

Though I wish we had gotten more giant wolf-looking werewolves rather than the anthropomorphic beast-man kind. Just a personal preference. I've always loved the look of the wolf laguz from Radiant Dawn.

I am on Team Manakete and Laguz.

Lore wise I have always prefered Kitsunes over Werewolves. Design wise I prefer the Kitsunes though Velouria is a cutie. Character wise I think that Kaden was done well overall and better than his daughter and the Wolfskins.

Velouria is the best one gameplay wise. I also think that Kitsunes should have used the magic stat because of what they are based on.

I would say that I am on Team Fluffy tail Kitsune.

Kitsune, because design and speed.

All the furries in this game are pretty flat characters though. I think Kaden has the closest thing approaching a personality, but the rest are just flat animal stereotypes.

Remove furries. One, two or three Manaketes are all the shifter characters that you need per game. Also, the Wolfskin are an insult to the sort of horror that a werewolf is capable of presenting when handled well.

Kitsunes because of appearance, they look very fluffy and I'm married to Kaden , I don't have a preference with stats, since I end using both in my game