Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Dotty said:

How do you set a support?

IIRC, it's your leader that gets drawn into matches by your friends and not-friends. Your leader is the leftmost unit on your leftmost team.

2 minutes ago, escotanner said:

I only went with Lucina because she scored the highest on the character poll and I want the free orbs.

The only orbs up for grabs are for everyone. Doesn't matter what team you are on. 

5 minutes ago, escotanner said:

I only went with Lucina because she scored the highest on the character poll and I want the free orbs.

Everyone will get free orbs, bro. Only feathers gained are affected by your rank and whether you win or lose.

Just now, Raven said:

Everyone will get free orbs, bro. Only feathers gained are affected by your rank and whether you win or lose.

Oh....gosh darn it!

What I want to know is if your scores gained after a fight are affected by whether or not you had your unit in the team (in my case, Sharena) during the fight. And if so, how.

1 minute ago, Raven said:

What I want to know is if your scores gained after a fight are affected by whether or not you had your unit in the team (in my case, Sharena) during the fight. And if so, how.

If you have the bonus unit as your leader (teammates do not count) you get an extra 10 base score for a total of 110 before applying flag multipliers.

Alfonse at 26,537,663

Chrom at 93,734,745

I'm going to bed.

My ranking is going to tumble when I wake up.

So, old (comparatively speaking) > new. I was expecting a slaughterhouse when it came to Alfonse VS Chrom, but everything else is pleasantly surprising.

Some players may deliberately join the losing team to have an easier time getting a higher army score rank (due to fewer players = less competition) assuming we get feathers based on the contribution to the army regardless of win or loss. After all, ranking high can provide more feathers than the army victory bonus does. Getting in the top 1000 nets you 1500 feathers; getting the army to win only nets you a bonus 500. Of course, the Lucina supporters, likely due to having a greater number of them, would have an easy time getting the army victory bonus but they may have a harder time getting a better army rank (have to be in top 100K to get any rank feathers, starting at 500 feathers).

At the time of writing, I'm in team Sharena and sitting in at the top 50K, ready to gain 800 feathers once the round ends, subject to change.

And then, there's the cumulative rank, which is likely your total score from all rounds. If you want to rank high, better win all 48 possible matches per day.

Also, leader of your gauntlet team is the leftmost unit in your current team (doesn't have to be your Arena Defense team, which is the leftmost team). Noticed this right away when Sharena is set as leader of Arena Defense team but I got my subpar Lyn (leader of a different team) instead.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Some players may deliberately join the losing team to have an easier time getting a higher army score rank (due to fewer players = less competition) assuming we get feathers based on the contribution to the army regardless of win or loss. After all, ranking high can provide more feathers than the army victory bonus does. Getting in the top 1000 nets you 1500 feathers; getting the army to win only nets you a bonus 500. Of course, the Lucina supporters, likely due to having a greater number of them would have an easy time getting the army victory bonus but they may have a harder time getting a better army rank (have to be in top 100K to get any rank feathers, starting at 500 feathers).

At the time of writing, I'm in team Sharena and sitting in at the top 50K, ready to gain 800 feathers once the round ends.

And then, there's the cumulative rank, which is likely your total score from all rounds. If you want to rank high, better win all 48 possible matches per day.

Also, leader of your gauntlet team is the leftmost unit in your current team (doesn't have to be your Arena Defense team, which is the leftmost team). Noticed this right away when Sharena is set as leader of Arena Defense team but I got my subpar Lyn (leader of a different team) instead.

Hmm well that's the thing, if multiple people have the same score, they all get the same reward. Like if the top score was 50k, and three other people had 50k, all of them would get the same amount of feathers! So the gap may not be big as of right now but since it's early it'll probably widen, a lot

99 880 points, and I'm out of flags. Hoarding is for cowards!

Well, I still have the 5 wins with a green (2/5 atm) and a grey (1/5) quests, so that's 200 more flags.

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hmm well that's the thing, if multiple people have the same score, they all get the same reward. Like if the top score was 50k, and three other people had 50k, all of them would get the same amount of feathers! So the gap may not be big as of right now but since it's early it'll probably widen, a lot

This makes me suspect it works like that for the arena too.

I know people assumed that already before, but there wasn't proof for or against before. This isn't absolute proof of course, but knowing Heroes does it elsewhere is better than nothing.

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

Looks like 5 billion was a pretty good target after all.

Isn't it a total from all eight heroes in all three rounds? The current sum already is 1226 million.

I actually decided to set my unit to Lissa. I'm not sure how close she is to a god-unit compared to the five starts I get from other people (Eldigan and Roy/Eirika in two of my runs made me so jealous about my still-lacking a five-star), but she's awesome and a healer.

18 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Pleased to see Eirika is still dominating Elise. (Well, not in that way. You know what I mean.)

We're near 180 mil. Looks like 5 billion was a pretty good target after all.

As am I. I'm glad the twins are winning against their opponents.