Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally wouldn't mind if the reward for a team winning was cosmetic, so that people wouldn't bandwagon onto whatever team was most popular just to get the rewards.

I also think they should add a few more quests to earn more battle flags (not too much though) since I had none for the last three days. And no, I think 5 flags per day is a bit small, maybe 10.

Edited by Falcom

Lol, I actually completely forgot this was still going on. Ephraim vs. Chrom was simply too climactic that this just fell to the back of my mind.

18 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I personally wouldn't mind if the reward for a team winning was cosmetic, so that people wouldn't bandwagon onto whatever team was most popular just to get the rewards.

As long as moar feathers is a reward, people will continue to bandwagon, but if they get rid of feathers as a reward, no one would care/there would be more complaining about the scarcity of feathers. This is a tough situation.

I ran out of steam during Ephraim x Chrom. All my flags to make sure Ephraim was second ^.^ I always knew Lucina was going to win, so the last round was always going to be kind of boring. Only interesting thing to wait for now is just how high she gets. I hope nothing else comes out of this other than feathers, though. If it's alt art, etc, etc, then ones like Ike and Lucina are going to end up with hundreds of different versions and I just don't have any interest in that, personally :/

5 minutes ago, Jave said:

Been on Team Lucina since the beginning. I knew I made the right choice.

Bro, do you even need to say anything anymore? XD Lucina winning is almost stereotypical at this point. You're just mad because you didn't get to participate in the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny: Ephraim vs. Chrom :p

Edited by Arcanite

36 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

As long as moar feathers is a reward, people will continue to bandwagon, but if they get rid of feathers as a reward, no one would care/there would be more complaining about the scarcity of feathers. This is a tough situation.

There should still be rewards for getting a lot of points, I just think there shouldn't be anything special for being on the winning team.

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

There should still be rewards for getting a lot of points, I just think there shouldn't be anything special for being on the winning team.

Yeah I guess I can see what you mean. In that case cosmetic is probably best, because orbs are still considered valuable (especially if you finished the campaign) and Great Emblems are too minor of a gift.

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Bro, do you even need to say anything anymore? XD Lucina winning is almost stereotypical at this point. You're just mad because you didn't get to participate in the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny: Ephraim vs. Chrom :p

Oh I did participate on it. I was watching two awesome Lords duke it out in an epic way while all the fans just raged at each other. All this while sitting in my comfy couch filled with feathers.

I don't think 500 feathers should've influenced anybody's decision to bandwagon. It's a paltry reward and would generally be eclipsed by even the ranking reward you'd get from just spending 400 flags on a less popular team and peacing out, if your argument is not wanting to actually work for any reward. Blowing all of your flags on one battle also gives less overall reward than spacing them out across all 3 would give. It's the optimal balance of laziness and reward.

That said, if there were ever a time to bandwagon for the 500 it'd probably be the final battle since at that point both armies are likely to make getting a decent ranking reward require more flags and more consistent effort in actually doing your battles, due to the size ballooning. The number of flags and amount of consistent effort required for 1.6k on a losing team versus just going for 1k on the winning team is probably not worth the extra 100 feathers. That might be an argument for them rebalancing the ranking rewards slightly, especially of the final battle.

Edited by lysander

Raise the stakes again, Nintendo! Lucina beat that new goal of 10 billion alone, and is going to do it again.

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

At the very least, my cumulative rank is still in the 500s. I suppose I'm may as well keep playing to keep that rank for the 3k feathers.

My cumulative rank is still <1,500. Guess burning all these flags on the best princess did pay off.

Well I have been on the losing side all 3 rounds...

I only had Chrom other than the 2 main Lords so for round 1 I had 3 options.

1st round I went with Sharena because I thought that gameplay performance mattered and that teams with Sharena would beat teams with Lucina because Sharena 1v1s Lucina right? Nope. I quickly realized this was a popularity contest.

2nd round I figured Chrom and Lucina are more popular than Ephraim and Erika, and I actually have a Chrom so thats who I went with for the bonus points. OMG Chrom v. Ephraim was epic. Early on Ephraim had like a 30 million lead when I first joined. Every time I check afterwards the gap kept getting narrower until one time when Chrom finally took a slight lead. I thought yes, I'm going to win! Nope. I woke up after sleeping to find that Ephraim retook the lead and won by a decent margin.

Then for then final round I thought wow, Ephraim is my favorite Lord. Maybe he has a shot! And for everyone that loves Lucina maybe all of the haters will rally around Ephraim to give him the victory so I jumped on the Ephraim bandwagon, and things aren't looking good. Lucina is currently up 4:1 on him...

Edited by Hawk King

As an Ephraim supporter from the start, I just want to say that the Ephraim vs Chrom round was really fun to play in!

Shame that Lucina vs Ephraim is basically "We're only still playing to keep up our rankings" since we have a very slim chance of winning... but hey, it's been fun playing with you all. :)

17 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Disclaimer: I might be wrong here, I love talking about nit-picky historical nuances like this, so I hope I don't come across as pendantic.

Since he was in exile, it would likely be referring to him being a king with an actual country to run.  If things had gone their course, he would have been only rightful king in name, but not fact, sort of like the Stuart line in exile in France after the abdication of James II or any countless royal family after they are forced to leave their throne one way or another.

Another example would be Edward I of England, who literally took years to get back to England and get crowned after Henry III died, but he was still considered king in the interim.  It seems having a country to support your claim to the kingship matters the most in the official title.

Granted, there are people who probably would be able to say whether I'm just blowing hot air, or can say when a prince actually becomes king.  @Hattusili I or @blah the Prussian are a couple history buffs around here.

Well, I'd say that at the very least in terms of legal authority he'd definitely be King. Most monarchies in exile also consider their exiled heads to be the legitimate monarchs even though they were never coronated (as do I, but that's for another thread). So yeah, Ephraim would be King even without coronations.

3 minutes ago, blah the Prussian said:

Well, I'd say that at the very least in terms of legal authority he'd definitely be King. Most monarchies in exile also consider their exiled heads to be the legitimate monarchs even though they were never coronated (as do I, but that's for another thread). So yeah, Ephraim would be King even without coronations.

And there's also the “king is dead, long live the king” formula.
The royal dignity transfers automatically to the heir, and coronation is thus only an act of confirmation.

Edited by Vaximillian

9 hours ago, Jave said:

Oh I did participate on it. I was watching two awesome Lords duke it out in an epic way while all the fans just raged at each other. All this while sitting in my comfy couch filled with feathers.

Rage at each other? If I remember correctly the two teams were actually pretty friendly to each other, and the tight competition made fans from sides respect each other a lot.