Template for Heroes Style Icons - Update for Book III - New Weapons, Blessings, & Hearts!

Kirie

A friend made a really cool custom icon based on the FE assets for his Twitter and I got jealous, so of course I wanted to make my own. I made up a template using the game's assets, shared my created icon around, and made a bunch for some other people too.

I thought other people might enjoy making their own icons for profile images, forum avatars, etc., so figured I would share it around. Sure beats making them custom for everyone myself. Click on the sample image below to download the template from my deviantArt page.

UPDATED 28 January, 2019! Check out the most recent version by clicking on this sample image:

DcGHSCJ.png

New updates include:

• New weapon icons for Red/Blue/Green Daggers & Beast Hero Weapons (all colours)
  • Blessing icons for Mythic Heroes and Mythic Blessed Heroes
  • New Favourite hearts for all 8 colour combinations, as well as the new green heart used to denote Friend Units in Brigades.

Anyway, I thought you guys might enjoy it! Feel free to offer up any feedback if you have it.

Edited by Kirie

thank you so much for making this, I know exactly what I'm going to do with it

update: I did it

Spoiler

8Dok0Nf.png

thanks for making this possible

Edited by unique

Time to bump this thread up with an important update!

All rarities are now available! A new version of the template that includes support for 1★, 2★, 3★, 4★, and 5★ icons can be downloaded from my dA page by clicking on the sample image below.

CKZhKRm.png

Template has also been updated to include the other heart icon (apparently I've been using the wrong one this whole time!), the blue merged background as a background option, and a layer mask over the art folder to make art placement easier. :)

Now I'm thinking about custom weapon icons...

Edited by Kirie

• 2 weeks later...

Uhh... so.. how does this work exactly....?? Not sure if it's a problem with my browser, but... I'm clicking 'Download' on the dA page and all it does is take me to an image of 5* Aversa, not downloading anything. 

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Uhh... so.. how does this work exactly....?? Not sure if it's a problem with my browser, but... I'm clicking 'Download' on the dA page and all it does is take me to an image of 5* Aversa, not downloading anything. 

I think this happened for me when downloading the original template. If I remember correctly I just saved the image as a psd file then imported it into GIMP to edit the layers. Trying to download the new version starts the download of the psd automatically though, oddly enough. Using Firefox both times.

Try saving the image and opening it in GIMP or Photoshop.

10 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Huh, that's weird, I just tried it now and the download is working for me just fine.

If the suggestions that @Taxon made don't work for you, feel free to send me a PM with an e-mail address and I can send you the file directly, if you'd like.

@Taxon @Kirie I suppose it might just be that Safari doesn't like dA downloads... I did try it with the more modern version, but alas... ~___~

Well I tried the thing where I saved the Aversa thing when that showed up and that seems to have worked xDD So I guess that was the fix! I expected it to just be treated as a download and go straight to my folder? But as long as it works haha. 

Thanks folks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, time for an update! Heroes has added a few new things since the last time I updated this template, and now it's time for version 3.0! The latest update includes:

• Pink Borders & Stars for heroes with Summoner Support, available for all five rarities
  • New weapon icons for Colourless Breath, and Red/Blue/Green Bows
  • Blessing icons for Legendary Heroes and Blessed Heroes, and double placement options of Favourite Hearts to accommodate.
  • Green Heart icon used for Friends' units in Grand Conquests & Rival Domains.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any or offer any feedback! The new version can be found linked in the OP, or right here.

Edited by Kirie

I've just finishing completing a new version of this template! New updates include:

• New weapon icons for Red/Blue/Green Daggers & Beast Hero Weapons (all colours)
  • Blessing icons for Mythic Heroes and Mythic Blessed Heroes
  • New Favourite hearts for all 8 colour combinations, as well as the new green heart used to denote Friend Units in Brigades.

Download and instructions can be found in the OP or by clicking here. As always, feedback and questions are welcome.