Can Lyn solo Lyn's tale?

Harvey

After watching this video right here...I had a question on my head.

Is it possible for Lyn to solo Lyn's tale alone? I'm not talking about other modes like Eliwood or Hector modes but I'm just talking about whether Lyn can solo Lyn's mode alone or not?

Considering that Lyn's mode is quite easy, I would think so. The only problem would be tutorials. It's been a while since I've played FE7, so I don't quite remember, but there may be a few units that the game sort of forces you to use, so it might be impossible to 100% solo Lyn's story with Lyn.

Tutorials are disabled when playing on Lyn Hard mode. As for the gameplay changes, only major differences are that the enemies in this mode have some higher stats, iirc. So it is quite likely that Lyn could survive her campaign alone, with some good rng and formal planning. 

She can solo Hard Mode. I did it once for an FE7 lord solo run I did, she doesn't need Nils or Serra for support, tho Nils is needed if you give a shit about turncounts, which I didn't so lol

Fun fact, she won't hit level 20 naturally if she solos LHM, she'll hit level 19 tho

Edited by MCProductions

While I was messing around trying to understand how the Nightmare editors work, I jokingly put Lyn's growth rates all at 100%. If she had anything more than 0, it automatically became 100%. Based on that, I can say that she can certainly solo the entirety of Lyn Mode. I ended with her at level 19.

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

Ok...so if that is possible to do, then how is it that the youtuber there screwed it all up?

The tutorial in Normal Mode forces you to move Lyn east, so she can recruit Dorcas. This leaves Natalie unprotected.

That you get an unwinnable situation if you let literally everyone except the MC die? No, not really.

€: Well, to be fair, Lyn Normal is a design flaw as a whole, especially because it is unskippable in a first playthrough. So technically, Lyn being forced to recruit Dorcas is part of that, but the game not being winnable with only one unit is not.

Edited by ping

Well considering how only an idiot would want to do something like killing all your units in your first playthrough except the main lord, meh...i think its not really a flaw especially when the game is designed for newcomers to the series which can be all of us here honestly since Blazing Blade is the main game that got us into it.

I've done a true Lyn Solo of both her own mode (hard of course so no tutorials) and Eliwood's, so yeah it can be done. Getting high avoid is the best way to solo GBA FE in general since you can null out the hit of most enemies becoming near invincible.

(By true solo I mean no having other units support, heal, dance, tank, or carry items for the "solo" character.)