Mochi's Sketchbook

mochibird

Not as active on art production as I'd like, and most of it are just sketches, thus the title.
I might've lied the other day when I said I hadn't done anything FE-related... I honestly couldn't remember any of it until I gave my blog a quick scroll lol

Here are the few works I have uploaded:

Spoiler

tumblr_obiuqb8wgR1sipziio1_1280.png

Spoiler

tumblr_n4daooo9TC1sipziio1_1280.jpg

I also drew a design for Fate's Cadros for an RP blog but never uploaded the finished piece. Might post it here on a later date.

There are other non-FE works in my dusty artblog.

I hope you guys enjoy my really bad art.

I love your Shigure artwork, it looks so serene. And you've just also got a new follower on your blog. 

Your overall sense of balance and proportion is pretty good. The one thing you may need to take a look at are the necks, they tend to be too long.

@DancingDanny and @Dylan Corona thank you for your kind words! Gotta practice more~

@Sietje Thank you! I hope you're not bored to death because I rarely post there...
Oh, necks... When I'm feeling good with a drawing, I take a long while to edit everything to look proportionate but usually the neck and shoulders parts are still difficult to grasp for me. I'm happy to have this observation because now I know what to look out for! So, thanks again!

On 17/3/2017 at 8:52 PM, kynimdraws said:

Give me your coloring secrets....the way Shigure is petting the bird is very nice!

On 19/3/2017 at 10:39 PM, Frosty said:

Looks good...

On 20/3/2017 at 2:13 PM, SageHarpuiaJDJ said:

Those colors are so nice. I especially like the Shigure one.

Thank you, guys! I don't have any colouring secrets... I just pick colours and mash them together and then edit a bit if I don't like how they look lol. I'm honestly a complete novice when it comes to colours. Sometimes I just roll with it like with this one:

Spoiler

tumblr_nym8hq0r0v1sipziio1_1280.png

This was done really quick on SAI, using the marker tool. Then I spruced it up with the brush to add more defined shadows/highlights. I believe I had a mask layer with a pink/purple to light blue gradient set to overlay.

-

Oh, as mentioned, I dug up the clean version of my Cadros design. I honestly don't want to see this lineart anymore because his pose bothers me greatly but I am too lazy to fix it up because I already merged all my line layers and ugh :)

Spoiler

tumblr_onion4ASGf1sipziio1_1280.png

This is like my one time miracle/burst of talent in which I somehow could draw bare feet (!!!)