Can one hope for a port to Switch?

Sadly I never bought a Wii U while I was very close to buying one mainly thanks to Xenoblade Chronicles X and TMS #FE but decided not to since I wanted to wait for the Switch to be announced at the time. Seeing that Switch are getting several ports from Wii U era can one hope for TMS being ported over to Switch or to some other console or PC, while very unlikely but you can dream right?

It's a real shame really since I really want to play this game but fuck I'm not buying a console for one game especially a console that have now ended it's production. And sadly I don't have a friend that owns a Wii U that I can borrow either :/

Now I don't know how well TMS did here in the west but I do know it did horrible back in Japan so I'm just curious what the chances are for a port since imho I think it deserve a second chance considering it got released at the end of Wii U life cycle...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubtful.  Xenoblade X and TMS utilizes the gamepad stuff a lot so they are probably gonna have to rework the UI a lot to get it working on the switch.  Not to mention TMS did awful in all regions.

I hardly ever met anyone that even played it.

Figured as much... Still I hope we get a port/remake in due time even if it sold poorly both in West and domestic since this is one game I really want to play... Which is kinda weird considering for the most part I have heard and read positive reviews on the game.

I guess the prejudices and failed launch windows are big factors in this... Well I hope this gets good enough of a cult following so it can get a second chance. If not the game itself but its sequel, I guess.

34 minutes ago, kingddd said:

Doubtful.  Xenoblade X and TMS utilizes the gamepad stuff a lot so they are probably gonna have to rework the UI a lot to get it working on the switch.  Not to mention TMS did awful in all regions.

I hardly ever met anyone that even played it.

Now I don't know how much Xenoblade utilizes the gamepad comparably to the TMS but seeing that Xenoblade is getting a port to the switch this summer so fixing up the UI shouldn't be to hard. Granted I don't know how much work goes into UI during porting process, especially when there are second screen involved like here. And the fact that Xenoblade got released earlier and probably even more complex than TMS. Either way I with my uneducated understanding of porting shouldn't be that much harder to do it. Still I guess Nintendo doesn't want to waste any more resources on a "failure" of a game.

sigh I'll just watch some lets play on TMS even though I despise to do just that instead of playing the game myself :/

Edited by FoliFF

3 hours ago, FoliFF said:

Figured as much... Still I hope we get a port/remake in due time even if it sold poorly both in West and domestic since this is one game I really want to play... Which is kinda weird considering for the most part I have heard and read positive reviews on the game.

I guess the prejudices and failed launch windows are big factors in this... Well I hope this gets good enough of a cult following so it can get a second chance. If not the game itself but its sequel, I guess.

Now I don't know how much Xenoblade utilizes the gamepad comparably to the TMS but seeing that Xenoblade is getting a port to the switch this summer so fixing up the UI shouldn't be to hard. Granted I don't know how much work goes into UI during porting process, especially when there are second screen involved like here. And the fact that Xenoblade got released earlier and probably even more complex than TMS. Either way I with my uneducated understanding of porting shouldn't be that much harder to do it. Still I guess Nintendo doesn't want to waste any more resources on a "failure" of a game.

sigh I'll just watch some lets play on TMS even though I despise to do just that instead of playing the game myself :/

The so called Xenoblade X getting a port to switch is only a rumor at this point and it's not even a confirmed work.

Xenoblade X uses the gamepad for the following:

Map System
Mining Resources
Fast Travelling
Notification System
Online message Typing
Doing Avatar Character Emotes

While some of these are in the original, almost 30% of my experience is looking at the gamepad and they all utilize the touchscreen in some very convenient way.  So Docking the system on the switch would through out the touch screen utilization and therefore require more work on the controllers to remap all those systems.  Not to mention pretty much all the buttons in the game are already occupied and would make the experience really inconvenient.  So a lot of reworks will have to be made to make the game work on the switch.  X is a much more complex game so I don't expect a summer port this early at all.

TMS is not as bad as it's mostly text messaging and the map system but even that will probably require a significant amount of retooling to get it working on a single screen prompt probably as a pause screen.

So I'm not saying it's an impossibility it's just don't expect a thorough immediate ports of the game immediately especially considering the amount they have to revamp.

19 minutes ago, kingddd said:

The so called Xenoblade X getting a port to switch is only a rumor at this point and it's not even a confirmed work.

Xenoblade X uses the gamepad for the following:

Map System
Mining Resources
Fast Travelling
Notification System
Online message Typing
Doing Avatar Character Emotes

While some of these are in the original, almost 30% of my experience is looking at the gamepad and they all utilize the touchscreen in some very convenient way.  So Docking the system on the switch would through out the touch screen utilization and therefore require more work on the controllers to remap all those systems.  Not to mention pretty much all the buttons in the game are already occupied and would make the experience really inconvenient.  So a lot of reworks will have to be made to make the game work on the switch.  X is a much more complex game so I don't expect a summer port this early at all.

TMS is not as bad as it's mostly text messaging and the map system but even that will probably require a significant amount of retooling to get it working on a single screen prompt probably as a pause screen.

So I'm not saying it's an impossibility it's just don't expect a thorough immediate ports of the game immediately especially considering the amount they have to revamp.

I could have sworn that I read it was confirmed for summer release although the port would be outsourced and not done by Monolith. Although looking it up now I see it was just a rumour indeed. Well thanks for correcting me on that. Could be that I possibility mixed it up with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 since as far I know it's slated to be release this year. 

Also thanks for giving me the insight the differences how these two games uses the gamepad. And trust me I know as much as the next guy that the probability getting a port is very slim. It's just when I heard that Switch will indeed get ports of some of Wii U library I'm just hoping the games I was most looking forward will get ported over in the near future.

6 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

I could have sworn that I read it was confirmed for summer release although the port would be outsourced and not done by Monolith. Although looking it up now I see it was just a rumour indeed. Well thanks for correcting me on that. Could be that I possibility mixed it up with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 since as far I know it's slated to be release this year. 

Also thanks for giving me the insight the differences how these two games uses the gamepad. And trust me I know as much as the next guy that the probability getting a port is very slim. It's just when I heard that Switch will indeed get ports of some of Wii U library I'm just hoping the games I was most looking forward will get ported over in the near future.

No problem.  No matter how much everyone talks about ports, the UI is the biggest problem that imo will probably require a lot of work to retool.  Mario Kart 8 was much easier to port considering majority of the game doesn't even utilize the gamepad at all.  I personally would love to have TMS and Xenoblade X on the go as I love both games too.

I'll be honest, TMS #FE was the only reason I was considering a wii-u as well (that and WWHD, MK8,, Splatoon, TPHD, and pokken) but I decided to wait given the switch (still called NX) was being rumored a lot more. I hope they can port it despite how hard it would be. TBH I would hope they either add a disc drive accessory so the games can be read and possibly release a new controller with it as well. If they do port it with a switch cartridge or have it on VC then I feel like a special controller would be fine for it. Now you might think that would be way overkill, and it could be. But Nintendo is pushing the switch the be played however way you like it (joycons in each hand, joycons on the switch tablet part, joycons on the normal controller, and the pro controller) plus going back to the wii-u Pokken had it's own special controller as well. Plus if we go back two-three generations ago, the OG wii was able to play gamecube games provided a gamecube controller was plugged into it. And the gamecube itself could do the same thing with GBAS for a few games (mainly 4 swords if memory is right) and tbh redesigning the interface may be time consuming but could work, though with how obscure the game is pretty much, it would be low on the list when compared to mario maker, xenoblade X, and many other titles.

I'd totally hope for it to being ported or get a VC version. Thinking about it, it might be really simple to transfer the gamepad content to the tv screen with a quick access button. The only thing you need the gamepad on TMS is for chat conversations, map layout, character and enemy status and stats, and this can all be moved to the screen.

8 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I'll be shocked if the game even receives official recognition again outside of being explicitly asked about.

It's currently being featured on My Nintendo as one of the discounted games alongside Mario Kart 8 and Majora's Mask 3D.

1 minute ago, Jave said:

It's currently being featured on My Nintendo as one of the discounted games alongside Mario Kart 8 and Majora's Mask 3D.

"Discounted".
Either way, what I meant was that I doubt it'll ever receive a re-release or recognition in other crossovers (Smash, FEWarriors).

Just now, The DanMan said:

"Discounted".
Either way, what I meant was that I doubt it'll ever receive a re-release or recognition in other crossovers (Smash, FEWarriors).

No need to make fun of my argument by putting a word I used in brackets. You know pretty well I meant it in a good way considering the other games it's being featured alongside.

I can see the game getting ported to Switch to fill up gaps between schedules. If not, then it might eventually be released digitally as part of a future console VC.

9 minutes ago, Jave said:

No need to make fun of my argument by putting a word I used in brackets. You know pretty well I meant it in a good way considering the other games it's being featured alongside.

I can see the game getting ported to Switch to fill up gaps between schedules. If not, then it might eventually be released digitally as part of a future console VC.

I'm not making fun of your argument-- it was an (admittedly cheap) shot at how poorly the game did.
Considering its controversial nature and abysmal sales on top of trumped-up localization drama, I'm seeing Nintendo keeping it away for some time. That said, if they were able to make a Switch release out of it at a discounted price I'd be tempted to get it.

^Lol you two made me read discounted as discontinued. Granted I just woke up but I was like "how the hell did the game get discontinued when it's not even a year old"

This made me thinking. The UI is probably the biggest challenge but is it really that hard? I mean is it really that hard to put Wii U gamepad UI into like the pause menu or something? You know like how any other rpg game usually do it? Unless these stuff needs to be done in real time I guess it will be a challenge but even then there is ways to tackle that.

• 5 weeks later...

As much as I hate the game's existence, since Nintendo and this forum site has officially made a statement that it is technically an FE related game, this game's chance of being ported depends on the success of Echoes.

If echoes does well, this can motivate Nintendo to make FE games globally as much as possible which means more interest and more demand. So if that works out, we may see this come to Switch or future consoles.

But seriously though, don't expect this game to come on PC since that is something that will never happen. Maybe on Switch but never on PC. And considering how the game easily bombed harder than even New Mystery of the Emblem, I can't say for certain that a port can happen.

If you're wondering why I can't stand the game even though I haven't played it. I just don't like the looks of it because of how jarring it is to just made the whole setting modern which I don't necessarily mind but then you look at the FE characters in the game and.....ugh.

I really don't think this game is going to come to Switch, maybe a new Nintendo console in the future when porting it becomes cheaper, but even then I think it's destined to become a game lost to time. So far the only Switch ports we've seen are; Breath of the Wild (debatable since it was a simultaneous release with Wii U), Just Dance 2017 (which Ubisoft always release on every major console, plus get people hooked on that and they'll buy Just Dance 2018 when that gets announced), Skylander Imaginators (like with Just Dance this starts off a highly successful franchise on a new console), I am Setsuna (being the only old school RPG on a new console is bound to boost figures from 66,000), Shovel Knight (people will buy Shovel Knight, plus it means they can chose to stop supporting the Wii U version and move to the already move successful console without losing out too much), and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (the bestselling game on the Wii U with 8,29 Million copies roughly 1/3 of Wii U owners, it probably was able to fund its own port costs, and will make Nintendo so much money whilst Mario Kart 9 is in the works, especially with the new features making it appeal to people who already bought it)

The general point is these were all (bar I am Setsuna) very successful games that are worth the cost of porting over since people will pay to play them again. How many people are realistically going to pick up TMS if it gets ported? I'd argue most people that wanted to play it already have, and anyone else has either watched it online by this point or just emulated it. Two of the biggest turn offs for TMS were its overall design (which you really can't change, and while I love this game I agree that it doesn't fit the initial image of SMT X FE) and JP voice acting only (getting a new English cast would cost so much at this point that it isn't worth changing).

So while I think it's a shame, TMS is highly unlikely to ever be ported to Switch or any other console in the future. The only way I can see it happening is if either Atlas release a compilation of their games sometime in the future (as in after the Switch on the whatever the next Nintendo console is, still this basically won't happen and is simply wishful thinking on my part), or Nintendo porting pretty much the entire Wii U library (again highly unlikely to happen, I can only see them doing this to games in the top 100 selling ones). Backlash from concept to localisation and releasing on the Wii U basically sealed this game's fate in becoming lost to the ages. That's life though, I just hope this game's failings financially don't stop Nintendo and Atlas doing more games together in the future, because in the end this was a good game that fell into a sort of niche that will be remembered fondly by those who enoyed it but otherwise lost to time.

A port is never going to happen unless people ask for it enough. The game itself is great and it's one if the Wii U's few gems. If anything, there's goodwill/interest from the developers to make a sequel and the game itself has earned itself some awards, the concert did great and the characters have made an appearance in the Fire Emblem Cipher card game. 

As two people already said, this was also the only WiiU-specific game I was thinking about getting too. (The other two are Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, which are originally GC/Wii games.) A huge shame that the Switch isn't backwards-compatible...

• 2 weeks later...

TMS didn't sell enough even by Wii U standards to warrant a port really.

If it were by some miracle to receive one, all I ask for is a way to speed up Sessions, not that I'd buy the port.

I also thought of some wishful changes they could make for a port:

Spoiler
    • Tsubasa’s roles in both Chapters 2 and 4 are reduced (though still extant), with Eleonora gaining in 4, and Kiria in 2.
    • Can swap out Itsuki in battle. Frees up a lot given there is only 3 cast slots. Gets Watchfulness and Open Audition to compensate.
    • Aya takes Maiko’s old skills and gets her own trio of side-quests. They center around Aya recovering from years of Mirage possession and trying to find a new way in life.
    • Tsubasa gets more Strength as a Wyvern Knight and loses a little Speed. As is, Tsubasa’s Strength is pretty bad, not hybrid enough.
    • Touma’s Dark Knight gains Agidyne so he can actually hybrid his offense. Tsubasa loses Agidyne and gains Bufudyne to compensate. She can keep Agilao though.
    • Eleonora can now apply Stealth to others too. 
    • Eleonora nows gains Counter-fire Command Skill that is basically the same as Yashiro’s Counter/Counter Ex- increases chance of being targeted and can block and counter some attacks. But, Yashiro’s Counter only mitigates close-ranged attacks- single target Swords, Lances, and Axes- but not Bows or Magic or AoEs of any kind. Counter-fire does not make Eleonora mitigate AoEs or single target Sword/Lance/Axe, but it does let her block single target Bow and Magic attacks and deal powerful counter-hits in return. Taunt is added to help out her chances of getting hit.
    • A new bonus dungeon (Illusory… Altea?) instead of the Illusory Harajuku Arena for acquiring the Performas for forging the ultimate Carnages. The highest Arena Rank is maintained, but it only gives the ingredients for ultimate Carnages once the final boss of the new bonus dungeon is slain. With every character getting their own new performa for their ultimate Carnage, the final arena level gives out a particular Performa for reforging’s sake at x number of coins. Basically, every multiple of 9 between 9 and 99 gives out a particular character’s ultimate Carnage Performa every time, starting at 36 coins.
    • A new side-quest that lets you manage Fortuna’s lesser stars. While in the Fortuna Office, you can draw up work schedules for numerous fake groups (fake insofar as you never see them in game). Basically, your job is to maximize Fortuna’s profits by taking its nobody actors/actresses, models, and singers and ensure every day they’re trained and prepared for various jobs. After setting their schedules, you go and kill some time, like in a dungeon, and come back to the office ready to see the result of your management and arrange the next day’s schedule. You earn a bit of Yen this way, but the main reward is exclusive costumes and like niceties, such as things to customize Fortuna Office and the Bloom Palace with. You could turn the bright Bloom Palace into a dark Gloom Palace, or Fortuna into a fun pink and overly cute workplace. This has no real impact on the main game, just a fun side venture.

And one bonus I'd really like- a playable Maiko!

My idea of how to make her work:

Spoiler
  • Making Maiko into a playable character:
    • She was originally supposed to be a playable dancer, but got cut for some reason. Would be kinda difficult to integrate with everything systemically and nearly symmetrically laid out around everyone else, but possibly possible. As a result, I’m building her as a special exception, a bonus character.
    • Mirage for Maiko: The two dancers between Archanea and Awakening are Phina and Olivia, both pink haired in yellow. Olivia is the better choice, as her shy personality contrasts well with Maiko’s outgoing one.
      • To integrate Olivia, here is how things go. Maiko starts without a Mirage, as normal. However, during Chapter 2, the possessed photographer now sends a evil Olivia at the PCs; a fair beauty which Gangrel just had to give the photographer. When she is defeated, she regains her consciousness and the heroes escort her back to the Bloom Palace. Regaining her consciousness, she offers a little intel. When Tsubasa does her thing before the boss fight, Olivia, to keep Maiko from being possessed by Gangrel once Itsuki breaks the bond, suddenly appears and takes Maiko under her protection. The shy Mirage who had stayed back the Bloom Palace was so moved by Tsubasa and everyone else that she had to do something in return for saving her. Feeling a connection to Maiko, the two become Mirage and Mirage Master.
    • Weapon for Maiko: Both Phina and Olivia use swords, but we already get two sword users. Draug uses a weapon type he never could, so I see no problem with changing up Maiko’s. To keep Mamori and Eleonora unique, I think I’d pull a Tharja with Maiko and use a not-actually-in-Fire-Emblem weapon type. Her weapon can be lute or flute, something fairly musical. Or, a sash that a dancer would throw around as they move or a bracelet/anklet. Normal attacks deal Physical/Almighty damage like Kiria’s.
    • Strengths and Weaknesses: Make weak to Bows on the physical side, for nobody but Tsubasa otherwise is. And, make Ice weak on the magical side, for only Touma otherwise is. Resists Lances physically, and Force magically. Have alternating weaknesses and strengths on Carnages between Spirit and Body.
    • Focus in Gameplay: We already have enough physical characters, she can be magical and supporting.
    • Class and Promotions: Base is Dancer, obviously. Promotions are two utility classes: Bard, and Troubadour. Bard offers new offensive magic, while Troubadour adds additional supportive ones.
    • Stats:
      • Dancer is high Speed, great Skill and EP, good Resistance, okay Magic and Defense, low Strength and HP. Luck is naturally Normal.
      • Bard raises Magic to more viable levels and adds more Skill and Speed, and maybe EP. Troubadour increases Defense and Resistance more, with a good EP increase and more HP. Basically, decide whether you want an offensive Maiko, or a support Maiko.
    • SP Skills:
      • Refresh Dance: 1SP- grants one ally other than the user another turn immediately. Unlocked via forging one Olivia Carnage.
      • Protective Dance: 1SP- nulls all allied weaknesses for 2 turns. Unlocked via Class Changing Olivia once.
      • Unexpected Comeback: 2SP- grants all cast (not sub-cast) members one auto-revival at full HP for the next three turns. Party can still be wiped out and Game Over if everyone is KO’ed in the same turn. Gained from Maiko’s third side-quest.
    • Command Skills
      • Concentrate
      • Silent Prayer- because nobody actually has it.
      • Bliss- increases Luck by 1 rank on the active cast members for 3 turns.
      • Blessing- heals all allies for 15% of max HP at the end of every turn for 3 turns.
      • Makatora- gives 30 of the user’s own EP to another ally (technically 10 MP/EP is the norm in SMT, but that is a bit too small, in DDS it was 50 EP however, so there are exceptions, it works in conjunction with Spirit Leech).
      • Spirit Leech (Kiria keeps it too, seeing how the game as is has two Life Leechers. It lets Maiko fund Valor Song).
      • Valor Song (named after the Heron Galdrar in FE10)- costs 150 EP, restores the SP gauge by half a point.
      • Set’s Litany- increases all active cast members’ hit and evade rates for one turn (more than Sukukaja and stacks with it).
      • Thor’s Ire- increases the likelihood of critical hits for all active cast members’ next physical attack and physical hits in the session which may follow. Better than Filla’s Might if other physical units have already Charged.
      • Filla’s Might- increases physical and magical attack by 2.5 for one ally’s next attack and those in the session which follows (the effect is flagged as the same as Charge/Concentrate, so they don’t stack). Cannot be applied to the user.
      • Ninis’s Grace- increases all active cast members’ physical and magical defenses for 1 turn (more than Rakukaja and stacks with it). Alternatively, cuts physical and magical damage taken by a fixed percentage.
      • Stunning Pose-  Body element, can inflict stun on 1 target.
      • Sexy Dance (stolen from Tsubasa, she already has enough going for her- her Feel My Soul’s effect would have to be changed, or she gets the new Marin Karin).
      • Concentrate
      • Megido (just for the sake of it).
      • Overload (Kiria loses it- she already has enough going for her).
      • Either a couple -dynes or a selection Ragnarok/Elecstorm/Floral Gust upgrades from the Bard carnages.
      • Tornado (or Force Dance)- deals 2-N hits of light Force damage to random enemies. Deals at least 1 hit to the selected target.
      • Shock (or Elec Dance)- deals 2-N hits of light Elec damage to random enemies. Deals at least 1 hit to the selected target.
      • Fire Breath (or Fire Dance)- deals 2-N hits (N being a number I haven’t decided on) of light Fire damage to random enemies. Deals at least 1 hit to the selected target (for the sake of Sessions).
      •  
    • Session Skills:
      • Duo-Art:
        • Direct and Manage: Itsuki and Maiko team up for a magical Elec bombardment. Leaves all enemies Stunned.
      • Ad-Lib:
        • Drunken Stupor- May be triggered by use of Force skills. Deals heavy Force damage to all targets and inflict Poison. A drunk Maiko takes a sip of a cocktail and blow an alcohol-laden kiss which quickly turns into a cyclone and that leaves foes intoxicated.
      • Radiant Skills
        • HP/EP Fitness, Smash Hit, Open Audition, Command/Passive/Session Repertoire, Endless Act/Song
        • Fastma- increases Itsuki’s movement speed on the map.
        • Vigorous Performance- chance of conserving 1 SP when using a Special Performance when Maiko is in the active cast (small chance (~10% if it were to affect everyone, more like a ~25% chance if it affects Maiko only).
        • Something Extra- heals allies for 10% of their max HP whenever using a support skill which affects them.
        • Strong Stride- increases Evade against Bow attacks.
        • Catwalk- restores 2 EP after walking a certain number of steps on the map.
        • Unrestrained Beauty- protects this cast member from Seal.
        • Model of Empowerment- decreases the cost of all support skills by 10%.
      • Passive Skills
        • Mag Boost
        • Mag Amplify
        • Spd Boost
        • Spd Amplify
        • Res Amplify
        • Arrow Parry
        • Dodge Arrow
        • Repel Wind
        • Watchfulness
        • Practice
        • Mana Gain
        • Some blend of Expertises and Expertises Ex
        • Resist Elec
        • Quick Step
        • Feather Step
        • Null Seal
      • Outside of Axes and Bows, every single element has 2 Characters with Session skills. I’m not going to give Maiko Axes or Bows, so instead, we give her a little of three magical elements.
          • Fire-Fire/Elfire
          • Axe-Fire/Elfire
          • Lance-Fire
          • Fire-Thunder/Elthunder
          • Ice-Thunder/Elthunder
          • Axe-Wind/Elwind
          • Ice-Wind/Elwind
          • Bow-Wind

It was just marketed poorly on a system that did terribly. TBH the game was sunk the second they released the teaser trailer because everyone created expectations for what it would be based off that and I don't think anyone got three streets away from even being in the neighborhood of guessing how it would actually turn out. 

The game was actually pretty decent if you don't mind skipping/ignoring/rushing through all the Idol trash. 

Edited by ckc22

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2017 at 9:11 AM, ckc22 said:

It was just marketed poorly on a system that did terribly. TBH the game was sunk the second they released the teaser trailer because everyone created expectations for what it would be based off that and I don't think anyone got three streets away from even being in the neighborhood of guessing how it would actually turn out. 

The game was actually pretty decent if you don't mind skipping/ignoring/rushing through all the Idol trash. 

Actually, how well it did (relatively speaking) really doesn't matter all that much.

The real calculation is "How much does it cost to port it?" versus "How much will it earn?"

If it earned a total of $500,000 (Which is incredibly low for a video game), and it only costs $200,000 to port it, then that's profit.

Just look at No More Heroes. That was a Wii game that got ported to the PS3, even though both it and it's sequel it didn't do very well.

Edited by dragonlordsd

• 2 weeks later...

it seems unlikely as 1. atlus has to be willing and 2. nintendo has to be willing and agree to it as well. 

that said atlus didn't shy away from making enchanced ports in the past and nintendo has been rather eager to publish more stuff not from their own dev studios lately (Snipperclips being the more recent ones that come to mind)

so one can hope, but don't expect it to come for certain.

Edited by Hamtier

Idk i feel it is totally possible and plausible as well, given that quite a few wii u games are being ported to the switch as deluxe editions. Nonetheless, we'll still be getting more FE crossovers past FEW, so who knows if we even get a sequel or something new.