Should the next FE game be another Thracia 776?

Nintendo released Conquest which many people call it as hard as Tharacia 776.

But because a lot of hardcore fans want FE to what it used to be, should the next FE game be another Thracia? As in the exact same mechanics that game had?

Edited by Harvey

FE5 introduced tons of new and great mechanics but it's not that I want to see everything returning.
Capturing was fantastic and is still one of my favorite mechanics of all time. Fatigue was a great idea but needs improvement. I absolutely don't want to see returning a 1-99% hit range as traps like in 24x. Also giving obtained skills to your allies was a great idea.

FE5 is still the biggest revolution in FE for me and I absolutely would like to see a remake, more than any other part, but it needs some fixes.

PS: It's called Thracia, not Tharacia.

Nooope, I absolutely do not want something with Thracia's difficulty level. Also Conquest on Normal Classic was nowhere near as annoying so I have no idea where that comparison comes from. I mean, I'm sure Conquest is hella difficult on lunatic but since Thracia 776 only has a normal mode, it's more fair to compare it to other normal modes.

That said, I'd love for capturing to be back and to be useful for getting items like in Thracia. I was really excited for it in Fates and then got super disappointed when all it was good for was getting crappy generic units. Also dismounting should come back. Archer is annoying you? Just leave the pegasus behind!

I would love something like Thracia, but I do also think its default difficulty shouldn't necessarily be a default mode, even though I find Thracia fairly easy. It's not new player friendly and its difficulty is mostly reliant on catching the player off guard. I do like how multiple difficulty modes makes it easier to appeal to a wide variety of audiences, so a watered down version can help prepare a player for what's to expect.

For example, were we to have an easy/normal mode (whichever one for they label for beginners) on hypothetical Thracialite 2.0, Saias 2.0 may only have 3-5 leadership stars there, then bump to 6-8 on Hard, then maybe 10-12 or so on Lunatic. (and then you can make him leave anyway)

Trying too hard to appeal to more casual players is not a good idea, but telling them to screw off is a pretty bad idea too.

While I appreciate the fact that Thracia 776 exists, I do not believe that it should be the standard used by future games. Many of Thracia's ideas were very interesting, but the intrinsic design philosophy of Thracia was to create a game that was as balls-to-the-wall hardcore as possible, which... sounds nice on paper, especially after Awakening and Fates, but doesn't really lend itself very well to a well-designed game. Case in point: much of Thracia's difficulty comes not from the difficulty itself but from catching players unawares, which is something that might work as a harder difficulty but is a very poor idea for a game that should ostensibly be feasible on a first playthrough without smashing the reset button constantly.

I think something more in the ballpark of Binding Blade would be a better base to build upon (say that five times fast): reasonably challenging, and a little bit unfair, but still more than doable without anything too ridiculous going on.

No, I don't think it should be the next anything other than the newest edition to the FE series, bringing to the tables its own characters, game play elements and story line. Instead of trying to live up to the expectations that made the prior, it should be focusing on doing its best to be its own standalone title.

That said, I don't mean that elements of the previous games are bad if they show up in this newer game - I just mean that they shouldn't bend backwards trying to make them work if something newer is more fitting, if that makes any sense. 

What, no. Separate difficulty settings. We've already solved this issue with Sacred Stones. FE7 had a hard mode, but it was locked to a second (or third for HHM) playthrough. FE7's Lyn Normal, in addition to being no easier than Hard mode, should still be offensive to every FE fan in retrospect. Furthermore, if you looked at FE7-14 on each of their easiest difficulty settings (but maintain classic mode so that you could reasonably compare them), I imagine the top 3 hardest in order are Conquest, Revelation, Birthright with only Radiant Dawn as a viable competitor.

I personally think they should go for another Genealogy of the Holy War. Having two separate generations would allow the developers to justify child units without needing BS time travel shenanigans. Also, the idea of characters being together depending on how they act in combat (rather than what buttons you happen to press in the support log) seems a much more realistic way of doing things.

As for difficulty (which is what this discussion is about), I would say it should grow. So, in the early levels, it would be about as hard as the next game but, in late chapters, the design has to be as sadistic as possible to counter the potentially OP gen-2 units. This way, casual players could be lured into the game with basic strategy puzzles, before the game makes them a true hardcore FE fan by thrusting them at cruel RNG and nigh-impossible challenges until they can stop a final boss that would take as long to kill as Tokyo Mirage Sessions's bosses.

• 2 weeks later...

No. Just no. Because when I think of Thracia, the first thing that comes to mind is "poor game design", to be blunt.

On 3/15/2017 at 6:46 AM, The_antithesis said:

I personally think they should go for another Genealogy of the Holy War. Having two separate generations would allow the developers to justify child units without needing BS time travel shenanigans. Also, the idea of characters being together depending on how they act in combat (rather than what buttons you happen to press in the support log) seems a much more realistic way of doing things.

As for difficulty (which is what this discussion is about), I would say it should grow. So, in the early levels, it would be about as hard as the next game but, in late chapters, the design has to be as sadistic as possible to counter the potentially OP gen-2 units. This way, casual players could be lured into the game with basic strategy puzzles, before the game makes them a true hardcore FE fan by thrusting them at cruel RNG and nigh-impossible challenges until they can stop a final boss that would take as long to kill as Tokyo Mirage Sessions's bosses.

No. Just... No. There's just too much wrong with FE4 for me to want to see a game that follows in its footsteps.