Amelia: Gwendolyn done right? Proto-Nephenee?

On my latest playthrough, which was loosely Grado-themed (I had to use every character who was from Grado, but I allowed myself to support them with whoever I wanted and could deploy as many characters as I wanted), I finally used Amelia.

I only grinded to get her to Tier 1; after that, she was on her own. I made her a Knight, for variety's sake (and later a General). And, with no stat boosters other than the Swiftsoles, and without being particularly RNG-blessed, she became one of my very best units. Her stats, on paper, didn't seem exactly amazing, but she made me realise the benefits of the neglected Luck and Skill stats.

With an A support with Franz (a ridiculously RNG-screwed Paladin Franz, whom I would have benched if not for that support , as at 20/10, he had 12 str, 13 skl (and that's actually with a Secret Book), and 13 spd), she became a crit machine. All her attacks had at least 30% crit, and she always doubled, which means she critted in almost half of her fights. Her strength was below average, but it barely mattered since she so often dealt 3 times the expected damage. Her defense was not amazing either, but with that speed and luck, she was a total dodge-tank.

Playing as her, I was actually reminded of Nephenee, who, while joining a bit underlevelled (though not nearly as much as Amelia), was a lance-wielding, dodge-tank with high crit. As if they suddenly realised the Knight class was a weird choice for those unit, and that a reworked Soldier class would fit them much better, especially since the low movement was General!Amelia's only real flaw, apart from joining underleveled, but that mattered little because of how Sacred Stones is designed. That doesn't explain Meg, though...

And it seems Gwendolyn was I.S. aiming for that kind of character, except that in a game where you can't freely grind, she could hardly ever become reliable because of her join time, and abysmal base stats, not to mention that her low movement was an even greater flaw because the maps in FE6 were huge. But looking at it, I really see her as Amelia's and Nephenee's embryo, and believe that the two latter characters owe a lot to the weak pink knight.

Thoughts?