Future Gauntlets

It might be a bit early to make a post like this, but... Aside from the heavily dominant Lucina making the outcome pretty clear from day 1 (though I'm still holding out hope that Ephraim will somehow rally all the other teams and get a clutch victory in the finals), I really liked this voting event and had more fun with it than I was expecting. From the friendly (most of the time) competition and various parts of the community banding together under the banner of their royal of choice, to the ability to try out units you don't own, to giving me a reason to constantly come back to the game (even if just for short spurts at a time) throughout the day, I personally would say this event has been a success. 

Anyways though, to get to the point of the topic, what other themes would you like to see in future events (assuming they have a similar format)? Aside from Princes vs Princesses, they could explore all sorts of other things like Heroes vs Villains, Brain vs Brawn (magic vs physical), blue hair vs green hair, and all sorts of things in between. 

What kinds of events would you guys like to see in the future?

Hmm, well if they ever expand the cast some more, we could see awakening child units versus fates child units versus possibly genealogy part 2? I'm questioning genealogy as while we got Seliph and Julia, the rest are pretty much unknown to most western audiences, the exception being if they remake FE 4 and 5 (doubtful, since echoes is about to come out in two months and no info on FE switch) after that, I'd think the blue hair vs red hair could work out, or even blue hair (Chrom, Ike, Marth, Lucina) VS other hair colors (Roy, Lyn, Camilla, Robin etc) oooh or how about an avatar against avater, Robin vs Corrin, both genders of each are in the game so quite possible.

I can see a lot of archetypes becoming gauntlets, such as all Ogma or Navarre based characters.  Maybe we can see parent vs. child or battle of the avatars if they ever decide to add in Kris or even Mark.

2 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Hmm, well if they ever expand the cast some more, we could see awakening child units versus fates child units versus possibly genealogy part 2? I'm questioning genealogy as while we got Seliph and Julia, the rest are pretty much unknown to most western audiences, the exception being if they remake FE 4 and 5 (doubtful, since echoes is about to come out in two months and no info on FE switch) after that, I'd think the blue hair vs red hair could work out, or even blue hair (Chrom, Ike, Marth, Lucina) VS other hair colors (Roy, Lyn, Camilla, Robin etc) oooh or how about an avatar against avater, Robin vs Corrin, both genders of each are in the game so quite possible.

yeah I really don't think that first idea would work

the only fe4 kid who I think might have even a vague chance of beating any of the awakening kids would be seliph, and even then I think there's a fair amount he'd lose to

Just now, unique said:

yeah I really don't think that first idea would work

the only fe4 kid who I think might have even a vague chance of beating any of the awakening kids would be seliph, and even then I think there's a fair amount he'd lose to

Yeah, I mean heck look at the current gauntlet, Lucina is dominating poor Eirika (I tried my best to support her but I've legit used all my flags in round 1) tbh I think Lucina is going to win this

22 minutes ago, SHSL Ninja said:

I can see a lot of archetypes becoming gauntlets, such as all Ogma or Navarre based characters. 

I'd love it if we got these battle royal gauntlets, maybe depending on weapons like an all-lance wielders or all magic wielders gauntlet. 

Maybe we will have one of all the Grand Hero battle units once we get enough of them. I would like to see an all out battle for best blue hair lord, though if Ike ever comes...he's going to stomp on all the competition just like Lucina is doing.

Future Gauntlets? I can think of a few that may come with Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is released. Thing is, I doubt IS will use the same characters...

1. Valm vs Ylisse Alm, Celica, Walhart, Yenfay || Marth, Nyna, Gangrel, Emmeryn // Honorable Mention: Chrom (instead of Gangrel)
2. Valentia vs AkaneiaAlm, Celica, Rudof?, Doma? || Marth, Nyna, Emperor!Hardin, Medus
3. Warlords vs Diplomats - Alm, Hector, Zephiel, Emperor!Hardin || Celica, Eliwood, Guinevere (or Roy), Marth // Honorable Mention: Ephraim vs Erika

As for a some other ideas...

1. Alternative Reality - Severa, Owain, Inigo, Cordelia, Tharja, Gaius, M!Robin, F!Robin || Selena, Odin, Laslow, Caeldori, Rhajat, Asugi, M!Corrin, F!Corrin
2. Parent vs Child - Eliwood, Chrom, Sigurd, Greil || Roy, Lucina, Seliph, Ike
3. Might vs Magic - Walhart, Emperor!Hardin, Ashnard, Garon || Validar, Gharnef, Sephiran, Mikoto
4. Sisterhood of Anna - Heroes!Anna vs Awakening!Anna vs Fates!Anna
5. Nohr vs Hoshido - Xander, Camilla, Leo, Elise || Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura

Just pit Lucina, Ike, and Lyn against one another and see who the most overrated of the lot is.

Edited by Sunwoo

56 minutes ago, Sire said:

Future Gauntlets? I can think of a few that may come with Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is released. Thing is, I doubt IS will use the same characters...

1. Valm vs Ylisse Alm, Celica, Walhart, Yenfay || Marth, Nyna, Gangrel, Emmeryn // Honorable Mention: Chrom (instead of Gangrel)
2. Valentia vs AkaneiaAlm, Celica, Rudof?, Doma? || Marth, Nyna, Emperor!Hardin, Medus
3. Warlords vs Diplomats - Alm, Hector, Zephiel, Emperor!Hardin || Celica, Eliwood, Guinevere (or Roy), Marth // Honorable Mention: Ephraim vs Erika

As for a some other ideas...

1. Alternative Reality - Severa, Owain, Inigo, Cordelia, Tharja, Gaius, M!Robin, F!Robin || Selena, Odin, Laslow, Caeldori, Rhajat, Asugi, M!Corrin, F!Corrin
2. Parent vs Child - Eliwood, Chrom, Sigurd, Greil || Roy, Lucina, Seliph, Ike
3. Might vs Magic - Walhart, Emperor!Hardin, Ashnard, Garon || Validar, Gharnef, Sephiran, Mikoto
4. Sisterhood of Anna - Heroes!Anna vs Awakening!Anna vs Fates!Anna
5. Nohr vs Hoshido - Xander, Camilla, Leo, Elise || Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura

The Nohr vs Hoshido will end up with Camilla against Takumi in the final, and Camilla winning because of the demographic of FE fandom. As someone else in this forum said, as long the demographic is the way as it is, male chaarcters won't won against female characters in these kind of poll.

I'd like an archer vs mage gauntlet with Takumi-Leo, Lyon-Innes and Soren-Shinon and... should be another pair who have countering dynamic but who and who? Even so this gauntlet probably will be unbalanced too. the Takumi-Leo ones would be the least unbalanced, yeah, but Lyon would slay Innes as much Soren would slay Shinon. IMHO as far as I can remember, no archer other than Takumi ever is as broken and plot-relevant as the mages .