Serenes' Ideal Roster Poll-- Round 9: Illusory Encore

The DanMan

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, The DanMan said:

It's all of Tellius here, so I don't see why not.

Done! I vote for the characters I think deserves the most been the representatives from Tellius.

I ended up choosing Naesala, Haar, Jill, Aran, Tanith and Kurthnaga. Naesala and Jill are the main ones I want to see because I want my dream supports of Naesala/Shura and Xander/Jill to come true, though I did vote Haar higher than Jill. Aran I want because he is my favorite Soldier, despite having zero characterization. Tanith as she is my favorite Pegasus Knight, and Kurth because he is my favorite Dragon.

Edited by saisymbolic

And here are the results:

Votes: 39
Amount of characters: 6 (29 votes)
1st place: Ike (19 votes)
2nd place: Micaiah (13 votes)
3rd place: Elincia (13 votes)
4th place: Ilyanna (13 votes)
5th place: Mia (10 votes)
6th place: Soren (9 votes)

We... like... Ilyanna...? No Nephenee...? Okay... . Just, okay... .
I used the spreadsheet option to calculate things, which meant I got to see this:

Chill.png

It's not as bad as votespamming because you want to get banged five ways to Friday by your personal Elibean harem, but it's something.

Now, for those I missed... it's time for some Magvel (aka better Gaiden to everyone that isn't MK404): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BxNMWnpNX3Tf0QZIt4gbLN4GkPDK0d14GaFGAix9Zkw

I like Ilyana (it only has one N) more than Nephenee. I would've liked Nephenee if she'd maybe had more scenes and didn't hide her country girl side. I usually liked country characters like Donnel and all, but it's BECAUSE they're entertaining country accent people. Nephenee hides it and is shy, so she's like...eh, whatever, girl. I tend to not like shy characters either though for some reason. Can't really say why.

Ilyana is cute though, and her appetite is hilarious. lol

I think for Magvel I'll vote Ephraim, Seth, Joshua, Franz, Kyle, and Tana.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

And here are the results:

Votes: 39
Amount of characters: 6 (29 votes)
1st place: Ike (19 votes)
2nd place: Micaiah (13 votes)
3rd place: Elincia (13 votes)
4th place: Ilyanna (13 votes)
5th place: Mia (10 votes)
6th place: Soren (9 votes)

Y'all are sleeping on the villains.

9 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Y'all are sleeping on the villains.

The Black Knight came in at 7th place with 8 votes, if that helps.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I like Ilyana (it only has one N) more than Nephenee. I would've liked Nephenee if she'd maybe had more scenes and didn't hide her country girl side. I usually liked country characters like Donnel and all, but it's BECAUSE they're entertaining country accent people. Nephenee hides it and is shy, so she's like...eh, whatever, girl. I tend to not like shy characters either though for some reason. Can't really say why.

Ilyana is cute though, and her appetite is hilarious. lol

I think for Magvel I'll vote Ephraim, Seth, Joshua, Franz, Kyle, and Tana.

Eh, from everything I've seen Ilyanna puts just about any other character in the series to shame in terms of being one note.

Edited by The DanMan

6 hours ago, The DanMan said:

The Black Knight came in at 7th place with 8 votes, if that helps.

Eh, from everything I've seen Ilyanna puts just about any other character in the series to shame in terms of being one note.

I expected the BK somehow in the Top 10.

Everyday it pass, the opinions about Ilyana become even more and more polarized.

Edited by Troykv

Late to the party for this.

For Magvel I voted Eirika, Ephraim, Seth, Tana, L'Arachel, and Lyon. Mostly focused on plot important people (it helps that I like most of them reasonably well in this game), though after voting I realised I missed Innes, oh well. Valter would also be a pick I would like.

Halfway through and here's what things look like:
34 responses
6 characters (21 votes)
1st place: Eirika (20 votes)
2nd place: Ephraim (19 votes)
3rd place: Lyon (15 votes)
4th place: Lute (14 votes)
5th place: L'arachel (14 votes)
6th place: Joshua (9 votes)

I'm surprised by the amount of SS love. Other than that, actual character placement is about what I expected. We really aren't going to get an archer on the roster until Takumi, aren't we?

Final results:

Votes: 49
Amount of characters: 6 (34 votes)
1st place: Eirika (26 votes)
2nd place: Lute (25 votes)
3rd place: Ephraim (24 votes)
4th place: L'arachel (21 votes)
5th place: Lyon (17 votes)
6th place: Innes (9 votes)

Lutes' rise is a bit suspect, but not as obvious as the Elibean traversity. It seems like somebody edited their response, meaning Joshua tumbled out of sixth place and Innes just slipped in.
So far, we've got 33 characters here. Assuming the last two "brackets" get six characters, that puts the roster over a little bit at 45. Eh well; I said "about 25-40".

Anyways, next up-- Awakening: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oKp8oK1teCtJ_n3lvLPfXMD1DZ9PIk2NgjffAOF6rtQ/
Somebody tell me they get the reference in the thread title

Edited by The DanMan

I voted Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Tiki, Tharja, and Frederick. I considered going full fanboy and voting for Henry instead of Robin, and I'd probably have done it except that having two dark mages seems a bit of a stretch. I'd also love to see Say'ri and Basilio and Anna.

Yes, Innes is in the Top 6! Glad he made it.

6 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Somebody tell me they get the reference in the thread title

Are you referring to Nu-13's Theme from Blazblue? Or am I missing something?

3 hours ago, Ycine said:

Are you referring to Nu-13's Theme from Blazblue? Or am I missing something?

*claps*

5 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I voted Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Tiki, Tharja, and Frederick. I considered going full fanboy and voting for Henry instead of Robin, and I'd probably have done it except that having two dark mages seems a bit of a stretch. I'd also love to see Say'ri and Basilio and Anna.

Interesting. I like it when users list and explain why they voted for certain characters.

Voted for Lucina, Robin, Validar, Walmart, Henry and Vaike.

The first four makes sense because Robin and Lucina are very popular, Validar and Walhart are two major villains ( I chose Walhart over Gangrel because he's just more intimidating even though I think Gangrel has a better chance because of the events between Ch. 9-11). Henry and Vaike because they're my personal favorites. 

Damn, Zelgius missed out on making the top in Tellius? I was sure he was a shoe-in, and used one of my own votes for him. RIP...

...and people really voted for Ilyana. "I like to eat all the time and have no other character traits especially in a game with so many well-written characters" Ilyana? Sigh... I am disappoint. Heavily, heavily disappoint.

Oh well. Guess the people have spoken... no, but seriously, Ilyana?! Really? :/

I gotta say I'm slightly surprised at the lack of a Laguz in the top... Slightly, but hey, what do I know?

Also, only voted for 2 characters this time, I don't remember anyone else, whoops.

Chrom wasn't one, I feel like there's no point... for some reason

17 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Damn, Zelgius missed out on making the top in Tellius? I was sure he was a shoe-in, and used one of my own votes for him. RIP...

...and people really voted for Ilyana. "I like to eat all the time and have no other character traits especially in a game with so many well-written characters" Ilyana? Sigh... I am disappoint. Heavily, heavily disappoint.

Oh well. Guess the people have spoken... no, but seriously, Ilyana?! Really? :/

He missed out by one vote. And Illyana's popularity is indeed quite baffling.

12 minutes ago, Soledai said:

I gotta say I'm slightly surprised at the lack of a Laguz in the top... Slightly, but hey, what do I know?

Also, only voted for 2 characters this time, I don't remember anyone else, whoops.

Chrom wasn't one, I feel like there's no point... for some reason

Votes as if the game didn't exist in any fashion.

I voted...shoot I think I already forgot and that was last night. Erm, I did Chrom since I can't deny he's in the game. Robin and probably Lucina, Walhart, and then Basilio since I want a warrior/berserker rep and he's the most high profile one barring maybe Legion. Uweeeheeeheee~

16 hours ago, The DanMan said:

So far, we've got 33 characters here. Assuming the last two "brackets" get six characters, that puts the roster over a little bit at 45. Eh well; I said "about 25-40".

I'm pretty sure I voted six characters for none of these. Yeah, I like more than six characters in these games, but I don't want to play as them all. This isn't Heroes where you just draw some pretty pictures and they're in the game. But who knows, maybe that theory that we'll be playing as unit classes with character skins ends up being true and we can have our 100+ roster of clone characters. Can't say I'd object until I knew more.

Well, you guys know how I feel about Mia and Nephenee now. :P I feel that they're just one-note and flat characters, with Mia also being annoying and not designed well, imo. "I like sword skills and looking for a speculated rival!" that's all Mia is as far as I can see. As for Nephenee, "I hate my country origins!" Meh.

Damn, I missed Sacred Stones. Ah well, Lyon got in.

There are too many Awakening characters I want to see in the game, but the most important one is Walhart for sure. This kind of game fits him like a glove.