Serenes' Ideal Roster Poll-- Round 9: Illusory Encore

The DanMan

11 minutes ago, Hardin said:

I know you haven't played the game, so just stop before you embarrass yourself further. 

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Um, I don't have to play the game to have seen the trailers or read what the devs of Heroes said about it. I'm merely following that trend. There's no embarrassment.

tumblr_omv8dkB8Jw1rmzb08o1_250.png

I wonder why I wasn't going to include it at all in the first place... .
Could we please not argue or flame anybody about TMS' nature?

And Ana, they do fight on their own-- their Mirages are their source of power/weapons/special attacks, but the entirely original characters do the actual bulk of the fighting themselves.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, my Fates votes go with:

Shura, Mozu and Xander are first and foremost as they are components to the character interactions I know will never happen #ShuraNaesala; #MozuAshnard; #XanderJill. The other three spots go to my other favorite characters, Hinata, Nyx and Arthur. Depending on the story narrative, Nyx could play an interesting part as she's supposedly a powerful Dark Mage, and I kind of want to see her having dealings with the enemy forces. Hinata and Arthur are merely for my own personal pleasure of being present. Again, depending on how the story plays out, Hinata and/or Arthur could be forced onto the enemy side due to Takumi/Elise being held hostage.

Why do I actually want to fight against my favorite characters so much?

Edited by saisymbolic
typo

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_omv8dkB8Jw1rmzb08o1_250.png

I wonder why I wasn't going to include it at all in the first place... .
Could we please not argue or flame anybody about TMS' nature?

And Ana, they do fight on their own-- their Mirages are their source of power/weapons/special attacks, but the entirely original characters do the actual bulk of the fighting themselves.

Okay, I see. But I still don't like the idea of mixing the modern stuff from that game with the medieval theme in the Warriors game.

Tharja...winning in the Awakening poll....

soniamdisappoint.png

No Lon'qu? Come on! The guy is the best! :/

how could people allow this to happen why is life so difficult sometimes

Tiki would be cool though, just because of dragon transformation mechanics. Thinking of something like Volga from Hyrule Warriors, just with maybe a little more dragon mixed in this time around.

Voting yes on TMS being included. Not only is it a great JRPG (imo), but the character themselves have animations, abilities and attacks that are just meant for a hack and slash game. And when combined with their Mirages, their look isn't even modern - it's very stylized and eye-catching. And Toma is best guy

Edited by Extrasolar

I'll also say that TMS characters should be included. Come on! They ooze style and Musou worthiness! Way more than 95% of all FE characters. I mean Lute, Mia, Nino, Tailtiu? And Ilyana- the most horrifically one note trash in all of Tellius! Seriously? Even Tsubasa and Itsuki outweigh her in personality. Not to mention they are actually capable of easily being unique in gameplay, unlike the above profusion of mage girls plus Mia.

If I had to pick just three of TMS's cast. Well the trio of Itsuki, Tsubasa, and Touma make the most sense from what we could realistically expect. As for what the heart desires, Touma is the definite- style, foot with potential motorbike for attacks, Lance and Flame. Mamori isn't my favorite character, but she'd be damned unique between Ice, Axe, and healing if it could be included.

My third choice... hard to say. Must say no to Itsuki given he is just another blue haired lord; unless he is built around Conqueror, which I sincerely doubt. Tsubasa has Wind+Lance+Heal, but she isn't my favorite character. Yashiro I do enjoy using in TMS, and he does get Sword+Ice+Flame+Wind, plus Counter, which I found quite handy. Kiria I feel would be a fan favorite, and I cherished every The Labyrinth she ad-libbed for me! She'd be basically Yashiro minus Sword and Counter, and plus Almighty and overall more magic and maybe status effects even (Pastel Power for the laughs!). Eleonora- I don't love her Carnage Form, but for some reason I feel she'd be a rather unique Archer character- a rarity I daresay.

At the least, I'd like Chrom and Navarre to get costumes based on their mirage selves. Chaos-path Chrom (Conqueror) is so cool, and even Neutral (Lord) and Law (Great Lord) are awesome.

Give us Round 9: Unexpected Encore!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll also say that TMS characters should be included. Come on! They ooze style and Musou worthiness! Way more than 95% of all FE characters. I mean Lute, Mia, Nino, Tailtiu? And Ilyana- the most horrifically one note trash in all of Tellius! Seriously? Even Tsubasa and Itsuki outweigh her in personality. Not to mention they are actually capable of easily being unique in gameplay, unlike the above profusion of mage girls plus Mia.

If I had to pick just three of TMS's cast. Well the trio of Itsuki, Tsubasa, and Touma make the most sense from what we could realistically expect. As for what the heart desires, Touma is the definite- style, foot with potential motorbike for attacks, Lance and Flame. Mamori isn't my favorite character, but she'd be damned unique between Ice, Axe, and healing if it could be included.

My third choice... hard to say. Must say no to Itsuki given he is just another blue haired lord; unless he is built around Conqueror, which I sincerely doubt. Tsubasa has Wind+Lance+Heal, but she isn't my favorite character. Yashiro I do enjoy using in TMS, and he does get Sword+Ice+Flame+Wind, plus Counter, which I found quite handy. Kiria I feel would be a fan favorite, and I cherished every The Labyrinth she ad-libbed for me! She'd be basically Yashiro minus Sword and Counter, and plus Almighty and overall more magic and maybe status effects even (Pastel Power for the laughs!). Eleonora- I don't love her Carnage Form, but for some reason I feel she'd be a rather unique Archer character- a rarity I daresay.

At the least, I'd like Chrom and Navarre to get costumes based on their mirage selves. Chaos-path Chrom (Conqueror) is so cool, and even Neutral (Lord) and Law (Great Lord) are awesome.

Give us Round 9: Unexpected Encore!

I like TMS#FE but really? You think those characters are anyway near as good as Nino, Lute, and Tailtiu? *Tsk

12 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Should've done this earlier:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZSNizys___zlkH9kZQ5yTvNvierg33sNC-K33opkCj0
Let's vote on it, shall we?

Oh no, my question wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at:

On 3/24/2017 at 9:01 PM, Hardin said:

Do a poll for TMS, you've already done rounds for sagas that won't be in the game anyway. 

This. I want to know how this person knows this; is he a dev, or from the future, or what?

22 minutes ago, Soledai said:

This. I want to know how this person knows this; is he a dev, or from the future, or what?

I knew who it was aimed at. Due to its nature, I initially wasn't going to feature TMS at all, but seeing how some things have played out here I probably should've polled it sooner precisely because of the controversy.

Anyways, I guess this is the halfway point for both.
TMS as at 14 votes, 50/50 split.

Fates:
20 votes
6 characters (14 votes)
1st. Takumi (15 votes)
2nd. Xander (12 votes)
3rd - 4th. Corrin/Ryoma (9 votes)
5th. Leo (7 votes)
6th. Azura (6 votes)

#PraiseTakumi. He's the archer this roster needed and deserved.
Surprised to see the Xander love-- suppose Ghasts' recent vid may have had something to do with it? (I generally stay away from his channel with it removed from my reccomendations, but I may make an exception).

Edited by The DanMan

24 minutes ago, Soledai said:

There is some information that I'm privy to, that's all I'll say about that.

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I knew who it was aimed at. Due to its nature, I initially wasn't going to feature TMS at all, but seeing how some things have played out here I probably should've polled it sooner precisely because of the controversy.

. If you didn't want controversy, you shouldn't have made that passive aggressive post earlier. 

I mostly want TMS included because the characters from TMS offer very different styles of fighting, and their flair and style matches the Warriors style.  I'm just imagining Kiria bludgeoning enemies and singing as her special attacks with freeze/ice effects.  FE characters that make it into Warriors that were in TMS could even have their Mirage look be a skin and I'd be okay with that as well.  However, I would imagine that if TMS does get represented it would be either Itsuki or Tsubasa.  But I'll bet that TMS won't get represented, this is all hypothetical after all.

I'm fine with or without TMS characters because yes they're a spin-off so they don't have to be in Warriors which is also a spin-off.  Sure the modern aesthetic doesn't too mesh well with medieval, but looking at Warriors Orochi who brings characters from several different time period such as Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive it kind of worked as a cross-dimensional thing.  I couldn't see why it wouldn't work in this game.  Hell, they made Nezha in WO3/Ultimate a cyborg God thing as well as making him a normal fighter and that cyborg thing definitely doesn't really match ancient Japan/China times, but it felt alright with me.

Regardless, I am okay with or without TMS being included as it isn't necessary and just idealistic.

11 hours ago, Hardin said:

There is some information that I'm privy to, that's all I'll say about that.

. If you didn't want controversy, you shouldn't have made that passive aggressive post earlier. 

I typed the one sentence to test the waters a bit and because I figured that few people would care for it. However, there was some positive outcry that turned into debates, so I rolled with it.

And not that I disagree with your original assertion (I've largely made peace with the fact that only characters from the games teased will be on the base roster), just saying "there's some information I'm privy to" kinda strains your credibility and just makes things murky.

You typed that sentence because you wanted to piss people off. There was no need to strike it out like that if you wanted to have an honest conversation. Take this as a learning opportunity instead of circling the wagons. 

15 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Anyways, I guess this is the halfway point for both.
TMS as at 14 votes, 50/50 split.

Fates:
20 votes
6 characters (14 votes)
1st. Takumi (15 votes)
2nd. Xander (12 votes)
5th. Leo (7 votes)
6th. Azura (6 votes)

Surprised to see the Xander love-- suppose Ghasts' recent vid may have had something to do with it? (I generally stay away from his channel with it removed from my reccomendations, but I may make an exception).

Cmon people. Corrin? I know it was only 9 people, but WHY ON EARTH WOULD U VOTE CORRIN????

Same goes for Tharja on the Awakening list.

I will consider this list a step up in the Fates world since Camilla was no where to be found.

28 minutes ago, 1japanfan said:

Cmon people. Corrin? I know it was only 9 people, but WHY ON EARTH WOULD U VOTE CORRIN????

Same goes for Tharja on the Awakening list.

I will consider this list a step up in the Fates world since Camilla was no where to be found.

Because they could be fun gameplay-wise? You don't have to like Corrin to appreciate turning into a dragon and running through armies of redshirts.

Just now, Thane said:

Because they could be fun gameplay-wise? You don't have to like Corrin to appreciate turning into a dragon and running through armies of redshirts.

Well, to each their own. That just isn't enough to put him over other great characters in Fates.(*cough, Shigure, Sakura, Dwyer, Forrest, Mozu, Flora *cough cough)

1 minute ago, 1japanfan said:

Well, to each their own. That just isn't enough to put him over other great characters in Fates.(*cough, Shigure, Sakura, Dwyer, Forrest, Mozu, Flora *cough cough)

It's one thing to be disappointed your favorites didn't show up on this unofficial list and another one entirely to bash others for their opinions. 

1 minute ago, Thane said:

It's one thing to be disappointed your favorites didn't show up on this unofficial list and another one entirely to bash others for their opinions. 

???? Well, not bashing others, just the idea liking Corrin. No ill will intended for people. Just stupid Corrin.

On 3/25/2017 at 10:28 AM, Thane said:

Welp, time to write angry tweets about how waifus ruin everything.

I don't have Twitter.

I have a twitter I only so I can for the orb things. Kinda regret making one. :(:

On 3/25/2017 at 10:43 AM, Extrasolar said:

Tharja...winning in the Awakening poll....

soniamdisappoint.png

No Lon'qu? Come on! The guy is the best! :/

Tharja winning?

sonimproudofyou4makingothessalty.png>:)

But seriously Lon'qu should get more votes. Dude has some of the best crit quotes besides Frederick.

18 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Fates:
20 votes
6 characters (14 votes)
1st. Takumi (15 votes)
2nd. Xander (12 votes)
5th. Leo (7 votes)
6th. Azura (6 votes)

Of course Takumi won the poll, why wouldn't he win the poll? :mellow:

Okay, it hasn't quite been 48 hours, but I'll have to go to work in not too long and won't be able to really check things until tomorrow morning.
First things first, the vote was 11-7 for TMS to be included. Okay, that's that.

Now for Fates:
41 responses
6 characters (32 votes)
1st. Takumi (16 votes)
2nd. Flora (15 votes)
3rd - 4th. Ryoma and Xander (12 votes each)
5th - 6th. Corrin and Camilla (10 votes each)
...Well, that's definitely interesting. Looks like the mid-results were a wake-up call for some people. ...I really, really don't want to count some of those Camilla votes and instead say that Leo and Hinoka tied for 6th place instead of 7th because I have a feeling anons affected it, but I'm not.

Anyways, here's voting for TMS characters: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11YQxT2AtVNhgofvVaaAUlsuNlLJm3fZqeAPikvT2udA

Missed Fates; would have voted for Corrin, Ryoma, Hinoka, Xander, Camilla, and Leo. So... basically every combat royal except Takumi (which is partly because I don't think archers are a wonderful fit for this, but mostly because I don't care for him). Checking the results I realise I forgot about Azura entirely, who would be kind of a cool addition even though I don't like her much either. Flora... is a really bizarre choice.

TMS is the only game I voted less than 6 for, I just threw support behind Tsubasa and Touma. I really don't like Itsuki, and those are the next two important characters and I do quite like both.

I've thrown in Kiria and Touma because having not played the game, I'm only in a position to vote based on cool shit and memes.

Kiria because it's a roundabout way of having Tharja in the game without actually having Tharja in the game and Touma because motorcycle christmas cavalier is too awesome to pass up.

5 hours ago, 1japanfan said:

Excuse me, I voted for female Corrin only.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

Excuse me, I voted for female Corrin only.

That I can accept more than someone voting Male Corrin.

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Okay, it hasn't quite been 48 hours, but I'll have to go to work in not too long and won't be able to really check things until tomorrow morning.
First things first, the vote was 11-7 for TMS to be included. Okay, that's that.

Now for Fates:
41 responses
6 characters (32 votes)
1st. Takumi (16 votes)
2nd. Flora (15 votes)
3rd - 4th. Ryoma and Xander (12 votes each)
5th - 6th. Corrin and Camilla (10 votes each)
...Well, that's definitely interesting. Looks like the mid-results were a wake-up call for some people. ...I really, really don't want to count some of those Camilla votes and instead say that Leo and Hinoka tied for 6th place instead of 7th because I have a feeling anons affected it, but I'm not.

Anyways, here's voting for TMS characters: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11YQxT2AtVNhgofvVaaAUlsuNlLJm3fZqeAPikvT2udA

Grrrrrrr........Camilla you have struck again...

Wow, Nice Job Flora! That's awesome. Love her.