Serenes' Ideal Roster Poll-- Round 9: Illusory Encore

The DanMan

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Now for Fates:
41 responses
6 characters (32 votes)
1st. Takumi (16 votes)
2nd. Flora (15 votes)
3rd - 4th. Ryoma and Xander (12 votes each)
5th - 6th. Corrin and Camilla (10 votes each)
...Well, that's definitely interesting. Looks like the mid-results were a wake-up call for some people. ...I really, really don't want to count some of those Camilla votes and instead say that Leo and Hinoka tied for 6th place instead of 7th because I have a feeling anons affected it, but I'm not.

Anyways, here's voting for TMS characters: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11YQxT2AtVNhgofvVaaAUlsuNlLJm3fZqeAPikvT2udA

15 votes for Flora out of the blue? Kind of suspect if you ask me.

22 hours ago, Hardin said:

There is some information that I'm privy to, that's all I'll say about that.

I'd make an Uncle who works at Nintendo joke, but you could very well be related to this guy.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Thane said:

One of them's from me, so at least one of them's genuine!

11 hours ago, Gustavos said:

15 votes for Flora out of the blue? Kind of suspect if you ask me.

I'd make an Uncle who works at Nintendo joke, but you could very well be related to this guy.

Flora had one vote before yesterday, and then built up the other 14. They were paced out and pretty varied (they weren't for the same characters or anything besides Flora), so it doesn't look like somebody tried to mess things up.

And hah hah hah I always liked Bill more than Reggy and now I do even more.

Edited by The DanMan

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, really surprised more people voted yes than no for TMS to get a poll. I honestly thought more people would agree that it wouldn't fit in this game.

I mean Warriors games have had all kinds of strange things, theres a person in DW who fights with a Brush, another with a rake "not fitting" is kind of nonexistent. 

Plus we had the very anime Lana in Hyrule Warriors.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I mean Warriors games have had all kinds of strange things, theres a person in DW who fights with a Brush, another with a rake "not fitting" is kind of nonexistent. 

Plus we had the very anime Lana in Hyrule Warriors.

Zelda's always been a bit anime-ish to begin with though, and she at least fits in the Zelda world. Modern era characters like TMS ones don't fit in a medieval game like FE and this is FE Warriors. Being a Warriors type game doesn't mean we should just throw away what makes FE FE (well, other than gameplay in this case, obviously, since it's being traded for Warriors gameplay).

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Zelda's always been a bit anime-ish to begin with though, and she at least fits in the Zelda world. Modern era characters like TMS ones don't fit in a medieval game like FE and this is FE Warriors. Being a Warriors type game doesn't mean we should just throw away what makes FE FE (well, other than gameplay in this case, obviously, since it's being traded for Warriors gameplay).

Fire Emblem has always been anime like, Warriors games have also put in modern era characters into their games, like Warriors Orochi 3 having Ryu Hayabusa, Ayane and Kasumi among others who are Ninja characters from a series (Ninja Gaiden) that takes place in modern day. 

Kind of silly to say it would throw it away considering they introduced the Outrealm Gate which could easily explain time differences. 

Just now, Jedi said:

Fire Emblem has always been anime like, Warriors games have also put in modern era characters into their games, like Warriors Orochi 3 having Ryu Hayabusa, Ayane and Kasumi among others who are Ninja characters from a series (Ninja Gaiden) that takes place in modern day. 

Kind of silly to say it would throw it away considering they introduced the Outrealm Gate which could easily explain time differences. 

That's other Warriors games, not FE. Big difference here. xP Yeah, true, the Outrealm Gate is a thing, but it would still look awkward to me seeing a few modern era characters lumped with a bunch of medieval ones.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Zelda's always been a bit anime-ish to begin with though, and she at least fits in the Zelda world.

And so has FE. Granted, the more recent games upped the anime inspiration, but FE has always been anime-inspired just as well.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Modern era characters like TMS ones don't fit in a medieval game like FE and this is FE Warriors

Sure, they're technically from the modern era, but have you seen the costumes when they merge with their mirages? There's absolutely nothing too modern about them; they're just as eye-catching and stylized as a lot of regular-series FE armor is, if not more. I'd say they fit in just fine.

Besides, their animations, attacks, and things from the game itself are just built for hack and slash. I'd advise you to look up some gameplay of those flashy attacks. You'll see what I mean.

32 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

And so has FE. Granted, the more recent games upped the anime inspiration, but FE has always been anime-inspired just as well.

I know that, I wasn't contesting that FE is animeish.

Eh, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I gotta ask; what's the big deal with some modern characters and stuff in this game? I mean, I don't like TMS at all in any capacity shape or form, but I won't say "they don't fit because they're modern". That wouldn't hold at all.
Other warriors games have modern shit in them despite their not-at-all-modern setting, yes even that one set in 2nd-3rd century China, well before the supposed medieval setting FE has.

To be quite honest here, I expect to see the same exaggerated stuff I see in other warriors games here too.

You gotta suspend your disbelief a little bit, in my onion.

If we get TMS characters, I want them speaking only in Japanese but without subtitles for what they're saying in battle. Shoutouts to localizing but not fully localizing games.

For real though, the cast from that game is the most fitting FE cast for a Warriors game. And I never thought about that before this thread brought it up. Their (expected) exclusion from this game might leave me disappointed in the long run...

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

And Musou Stars is coming with characters like Rio and Opoona. Nothing is unfitting for a Warriors game.

35 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

For real though, the cast from that game is the most fitting FE cast for a Warriors game. And I never thought about that before this thread brought it up. Their (expected) exclusion from this game might leave me disappointed in the long run...

To be perfectly fair, anybody is "most fitting" when it comes to Warriors

19 minutes ago, Florete said:

And Musou Stars is coming with characters like Rio and Opoona. Nothing is unfitting for a Warriors game.

You're following that too? Did you ever get a chance to play another Warriors game?

2 hours ago, Gustavos said:

If we get TMS characters, I want them speaking only in Japanese but without subtitles for what they're saying in battle. Shoutouts to localizing but not fully localizing games.

Honestly, they'd require the least finagling to work into the game due to their own flashy uniqueness in their own game.
...It's enough to almost make me want them in FEWarriors.

Anyways, mid-terms:
14 votes
2 characters (6 votes)
1st place: Touma (10 votes)
2nd place: Everybody else but Yashiro Tsubasa/Itsuki/Kiria/Mamori/Eleanora (6 votes)
3rd place (why not): Yashiro (5 votes)

Seeing the results actually made me chuck a vote in for Yashiro and Eleanora. What can I say, other than from what little I know and have seen of them they're the most appealing to me?

Edited by The DanMan

10 hours ago, Florete said:

Yeah exactly, also I need to follow Stars closer haha. 

Just about the only thing I don't like about Musou Stars so far is the inclusion of Marie Rose and Honoka, but a certain demographic of Japan likes school girls and lolis and those girls are really popular(Gee, I wonder why), so it's not like I'm surprised or anything.

They both look terrible gameplay wise, especially the loli

Edited by Soledai

21 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Toma wins? Perfect 10/10 results

And it's hilarious how everyone else got the exact same amount of votes...

What are even the odds of that... Lol.

Those were halfway results; final ones are this evening. And before I put my vote in, Eleonora was at five votes and Yashiro was at 4; Itsuki, Tsubasa, Kiria, and Mamori held a four way tie for second place before that.

Wondering if we'll have a clearly defined second place after this... .

23 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Those were halfway results; final ones are this evening. And before I put my vote in, Eleonora was at five votes and Yashiro was at 4; Itsuki, Tsubasa, Kiria, and Mamori held a four way tie for second place before that.

Wondering if we'll have a clearly defined second place after this... .

Oh, whoops, my mistake. I hope things stay the way they are, then, so I don't look even more foolish than I already do, lol.

Okay, Touma's clearly the winner here at 13 votes but we're going to have to do something interesting here: a tiebreaker. Because Itsuki, Tsubasa, and Kiria are all tied for 2nd place with 7 votes.

Here it is: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1epErJyZ-xJysQU_bOukLeMDs9iSYs_J8gUnzTTEs1Nc

Bit bumbed that Eleonra and Yashiro fell away, but it is what it is.

EDIT:

Screen_Shot_2017-03-29_at_4.47.35_PM.png

Well, that's a bit of a landslide.
Now to make a visual collage thingamijagger...

Edited by The DanMan

Must have been the wave of Power Rangers nostalgia that led people to Touma.

How about a tenth round poll? Ratio of playable Heroes to Villains in finished roster. I'm curious how much people want to play as the bad guys.

1 to 0, (No villains)

10 to 1, (10% villains)

10 to 2.5, (25% villains)

2 to 1 (50% villains)

9 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Must have been the wave of Power Rangers nostalgia that led people to Touma.

How about a tenth round poll? Ratio of playable Heroes to Villains in finished roster. I'm curious how much people want to play as the bad guys.

1 to 0, (No villains)

10 to 1, (10% villains)

10 to 2.5, (25% villains)

2 to 1 (50% villains)

We've got a few villains on the roster already (Gharnef, Hardin, Arvis, Zephiel, Lyon-- roughly 10-1)-- honestly, it wouldn't serve much purpose. Sorry that the poll ended rather anticlimactically, but it did go one round over what I'd planned.

Edited by The DanMan