Serenes' Ideal Roster Poll-- Round 9: Illusory Encore

The DanMan

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Kris vote could be odd...

Or genius. Kris can wield basically any weapon in the game. Therefore, he could wield 'Armoury' in Warriors and be over-the-top amazing.

Then again, he could also be the perfect character to establish the idea of multiple weapons per character if they're going to go that route.

I'm probably overthinking this. But it'd still be cool tho.

Nah, Kris should stay out of it. As a Historian, I hate debating with people about his many unwritten exploits such as being part of the Apollo 11 crew, Captain of the Victoria, and founder of Apple. Put him in this game and before we know it, he'll have assumed the roles and tales of every other Fire Emblem Lord.

9 hours ago, Reloaded said:

That Kris vote was me. 

my b

It's fine; a poll is a poll.

10 hours ago, Florete said:

Where's Tiki?

Not in the top 6, I know that much.

19 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Nah, Kris should stay out of it. As a Historian, I hate debating with people about his many unwritten exploits such as being part of the Apollo 11 crew, Captain of the Victoria, and founder of Apple. Put him in this game and before we know it, he'll have assumed the roles and tales of every other Fire Emblem Lord.

Don't they say he also was the man who kill Bin Laden and was a vital liaison between Russia and America who helped deescalate the Cuban Missile Crisis?  Yeah, these Kris rumors keep getting out of hand.  Also, I just happened upon a Kris bashing thread on GameFAQs today, lmao

Anyway, I submitted my votes.  I'm not too surprised that Palla is more popular here, as she plays that "older sister" role that FE fans seem to like a lot.  No, I'm not trying to compare Camilla to Palla.  I sent my lot to Catria, but honestly I like all the Whitewing sisters.  If just one of them gets in, that's fine by me.

Posting results now:
Amount of voters: 24
Amount of representation: 6 characters
1st place: Marth with 18 votes
2nd place: Caeda with 16 votes
3rd place: Minerva with 11 votes
4th place: Gharnef with 10 votes
5th place: Hardin with 9 votes
6th place: Merric with 7 votes

Tiki came in with 6 votes; should I hold onto those and combine them with any votes she gets for her Awakening incarnation?

Valentia voting begins now: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16cLK1EWV070_BaQ-Q2Tr3YlvA2KwVb3DFtUNnRugmOM

Edited by The DanMan

...And I'm not familiar with Gaiden characters either, so again, I'm not voting. Oh well. I guess I'll be waiting quite some time before it's a group of characters I AM familiar with.

@The DanMan A shame that the Whitewings didn't win, but they had to make room for their princess, didn't they?

As for Tiki's voting conundrum...  I think they can be counted on their own.  Young Tiki and old Tiki are fairly different.  Plus, if they combined to beat some other 6th place characters (as in, both the 6th place characters of Archanea and Awakening), which era would have a rep cut?  Or if they don't cut a rep, then what's even the point of combining the Tiki's except to sate mere curiosity?  Basically, where would a combined Tiki fit in all of this?

Also, I cast my votes to the Shadows of Valentia.  Even though the last poll concluded with people wanting only 25-40 (which I assume was probably a misunderstanding for some), I'm still voting as if it'd have my ideal 40-50 characters, so I'll be casting my numbers in a way that'll reflect that.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...And I'm not familiar with Gaiden characters either, so again, I'm not voting. Oh well. I guess I'll be waiting quite some time before it's a group of characters I AM familiar with.

Out of curiosity, how far back in FE series chronology does your experience go?  I'm familiar with all but the Jugdral era stuff, but even then, I at least know about Sigurd and how his story ends thanks to osmosis and memes.

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Out of curiosity, how far back in FE series chronology does your experience go?  I'm familiar with all but the Jugdral era stuff, but even then, I at least know about Sigurd and how his story ends thanks to osmosis and memes.

Only the games released outside of Japan.

11 hours ago, Ace Pelleas said:

If we're talking about Gaiden,I would definitely choose Saber. That guy saved me so many times

Oh my. He's a pirate, so I could see water effects on his attacks and stuff. I'm surprised I never thought of that.

Also, looking at the results and there's some Whitewing votes. I'm sorry, but their time has passed-- they debuted in Akaneia, and they're not significantly different enough in Gaiden to count as different versions (compared to Tiki's FE1/3 and Awakening incarnations).

On 3/11/2017 at 4:12 PM, DaloDask said:

That Kris vote could be odd...

Or genius. Kris can wield basically any weapon in the game. Therefore, he could wield 'Armoury' in Warriors and be over-the-top amazing.

Then again, he could also be the perfect character to establish the idea of multiple weapons per character if they're going to go that route.

I'm probably overthinking this. But it'd still be cool tho.

I mean Leif and Lachesis could do this too as Master Knights, but they might do that with one of the avatar characters perhaps.

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

I mean Leif and Lachesis could do this too as Master Knights, but they might do that with one of the avatar characters perhaps.

I'm half convinced that FEWarriors is going to do just that with Robin, to differentiate from Smash and to cram representation in for basically every weapon type.

Anyways, coming down the homestretch here's what things look like:

17 responses
3 reps (7 votes)
1. Celica (14 votes)
2. Alm (13 votes) (hope whoever voted for " Alm" meant him because I added that)
3. Mycen (4 votes)

Reminder that you can resubmit votes (and for all who put Zeke and the Whitewings in, I'd recommend doing so).
And since this may as well be a recurring thing:

Huh.png

I know he's a bit of a memetic badass-- surprised this is the only vote he has.

Edited by The DanMan

Sorry for the double post, but here's the final results:
Total responses: 20
3 reps (9 total)
1-2. Alm and Celica (17 votes a piece)
3. Mycen (4 votes)

So yeah, nothing really changed. Saber and Sonya both have three votes, tying them up over 4th/5th place-- though if Catria wasn't discounted, she'd make a three-way tie.

Judgral voting here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16cLK1EWV070_BaQ-Q2Tr3YlvA2KwVb3DFtUNnRugmOM
As for the current thread name, Holyn's official localized name (and what was probably intended in the first place) is Chulainn, after Chu Chulainn (c is silent, making it "Hu Hulainn") of Celtic mythology, who wielded the Gae Bolg.

I think I may as well start spelling out who I voted for here:
6 characters
Sigurd
Seliph
Arvis
Leif
Travant
Finn

31 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I take full credit for the ATLAS vote. 

Also voted again.

He only needed three more votes to tie with Mycen, even.

Things have been going very slowly here... honestly, I was hoping it would take off a bit more than this. Probably would've if the polling option worked like it used to.
Also, I forgot that consistent name usage among the fandom for Judgral characters is non-existent.
It's technically the deadline, so here are the results:

Responses: 18
Amount of reps: 6 (10 votes)
1st: Sigurd (11 votes)
2nd: Seliph (8 votes)
3rd: Ishtar (5 votes)
4th: Arvis (5 votes)
5th: Leif (5 votes)
6th: Taltiu (5 votes)

Uh, yeah. We've definitely got some voter fallof going on here. Hopefully this next round will spice things up a bit, because we've finally hit Elibe!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1p0NxemA2z2slyzF4Q-UIKj8sykcNVrC_tW47sxGCD04