Smash Port Likely & Female Corrin Amiibo?

Jedi

Personally I expect Alm, Celica, Sharena, and Anna as Fire Emblem newcomers. And Kellam

Spoiler

But seriously, I don't expect any new Fire Emblem characters unless they're recent, relevant, and sufficiently unique, which I don't think any of them are.

(I guess I'll be breaking my rule of swearing off of posting on the SF Smash section just this once)

It could potentially be the Ice Climbers. I mean, Sakurai did say that they had them already running and completed on the Wii U version, but they were really strict in keeping the Wii U and 3DS rosters exactly the same. With a Switch version, that does allow them a loophole (of sorts) to be allowed to add the Ice Climbers while staying true to the rule of the 3DS/Wii U rosters being exactly the same.

I just thought I'd throw that possibility out there, so hopes don't get built up too high for a newcomer. If I'm wrong, then so be it.

Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Inklings are the only characters that could/should be added IMO. But hell if I'd know, I was wrong AF about Robin and Pac-man lmao

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I doubt it's an FE character. It's probably Inkling. >_>

But I'd love to see Ephraim or Sharena. We need a lancer!

I did heard that Sakurai is a fan of Fire Emblem. But, I'm absolutely pretty sure that we might get Alm since the Gaiden remake for the Nintendo 3DS called Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is coming and the new protagonist from the upcoming Fire Emblem title for the Nintendo Switch for the Switch title of Super Smash Bros. I don't know if Sakurai could add new characters from mobile phone games or not?

But, I hope that the localization team will get Yuri Lowenth to voice Marth and Ray Chase for Roy in the Switch version since Marth has a remake released outside of Japan and Roy is making an another appearance in recent games and he's in The Blazing Blade as well and get Wendee Lee to voice as Lyn again since her voice from Heroes does sounded a lot like the actual age appropriate for Lyn since she's 18 in the game and Heroes is canon while Super Smash Bros. is not.

Also, I do like to see they add Red from the Pokemon series back as a solo fighter and used his Pokemon for his special moves, Wolf, Pichu (buffer and improve him), Young Link (Hyrule Warriors did have Young Link and Toon Link coexists and they are completely different also), Solid Snake, and the Ice Climbers to return. I do like to see if they'll add Decuideye from the Pokemon Sun and Moon, Avatar and Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X, Spring Man and Spring Girl from Arms, Inklings from Splatoon, few new 3rd Party characters (including secondary Square Enix and Namco character while Ryu from Capcom and Bayonetta from Sega are added), and new Fire Emblem reps for the Switch title.

Edited by King Marth 64

If it's only one character, than it's the Inklings. Really, though, if it does release in June then I'd have thought they'd reveal it right after the Switch presentation a la Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. The lack of reveal there made me think it was delayed to add more content. All we can do is wait and see though.
Parroting Delzethin a bit, but I'd gladly take Decidueye and Elma.

Yeah, why would we get MORE FE characters at this point when we already have a lot and Splatoon is somehow really popular? I don't give a damn at all about it (although I must say that the new tentacle styles shown in the trailer do improve their designs a bit. I still think they look ridiculous overall though). but I have to admit it's been a hit and a lot of fans probably want the Inklings.

And do we really want MORE people complaining about too many FE characters? I say cut Roy and Lucina before adding anymore. They're not needed and are better off replaced by people who can bring something new, like Sharena or Ephraim and possibly Celica (she has magic, right?) or the Switch protag.

All I want is my Bayonetta Amiibo if they add anymore characters that is fine but give me the Amiibo that have been promised already.

Edited by EricaofRenais

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And do we really want MORE people complaining about too many FE characters? I say cut Roy and Lucina before adding anymore. They're not needed and are better off replaced by people who can bring something new, like Sharena or Ephraim and possibly Celica (she has magic, right?) or the Switch protag.

Please don't start this, the last thing I want is to ask for a thread close again, cutting those 2 would bring untold saltiness.

7 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Please don't start this, the last thing I want is to ask for a thread close again, cutting those 2 would bring untold saltiness.

Cutting anyone would bring saltiness to some people. You can't make everyone happy. All you can do is try to please enough fans for the game to be a success. And I feel that a lot more people would complain about too many FE characters than they would complain about a couple of clones-to-some-degree being replaced with unique magic and lance wielders.

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Cutting anyone would bring saltiness to some people. You can't make everyone happy. All you can do is try to please enough fans for the game to be a success. And I feel that a lot more people would complain about too many FE characters than they would complain about a couple of clones-to-some-degree being replaced with unique magic and lance wielders.

Do you think more people would be upset about removing 2 FE characters and adding 1 or 2 over them, or simply adding 1 or 2 FE characters.

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Do you think more people would be upset about removing 2 FE characters and adding 1 or 2 over them, or simply adding 1 or 2 FE characters.

Do you think more people would be upset about FE getting yet more multiple newcomers or other franchises with few or no reps getting some? Splatoon is popular and has nothing right now and Zelda hasn't had a newcomer in forever. And as I've said before, I'm someone that wouldn't touch Splatoon with a ten foot pole.

Edited by Anacybele

49 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

First of all, Roy isn't a clone anymore so stop beating a dead horse, 2nd of all do you realize how popular Roy & Lucina are without even thinking about their movesets. 

Removing one of them would cause a storm unparalleled by any amount of bitching by Hector, Ephraim and Micaiah fans, removing both of them would cause a tidal wave of backlash, you seem to not realize how much people wanted Roy back in the first place, his "Support" thread on Smashboards was one of the biggest to boot. Not to mention his support in Japan, and well Lucina is... Lucina arguably the 4th or 3rd most popular Lord in the entire franchise these days. 

7 minutes ago, Jedi said:

First of all, Roy isn't a clone anymore so stop beating a dead horse, 2nd of all do you realize how popular Roy & Lucina are without even thinking about their movesets. 

Removing one of them would cause a storm unparalleled by any amount of bitching by Hector, Ephraim and Micaiah fans, removing both of them would cause a tidal wave of backlash, you seem to not realize how much people wanted Roy back in the first place, his "Support" thread on Smashboards was one of the biggest to boot. Not to mention his support in Japan, and well Lucina is... Lucina arguably the 4th or 3rd most popular Lord in the entire franchise these days. 

:facepalm:

I said clone to A DEGREE. I know full well that Roy isn't a complete clone, only a slight one. Popularity alone doesn't get Smash characters in or out of a game. Do you realize how many people have complained about the number of FE reps? I've seen way too many people whine that such a good franchise is getting overrepped and I do agree that it has too many characters in the game right now. My opinion is that Roy and Lucina were never needed and that's that. Also, we just got two FE newcomers as well as Roy returning. Do you realize how much people will complain that Smash is becoming too much of an FE game with some other Nintendo characters in it if we got more FE newcomers already on top of that? I would much rather not have my favorite franchise get that kind of attention or bias.

Adding more FE characters when we just got two newcomers and a returning character would cause a bigger shitstorm and a potential divide between the Smash fanbase. Do we want a repeat of old FE vs new FE?

Also, vocal fans will be vocal. I bet that if , say, Captain Falcon or Ness had been cut instead, they'd have gotten just as big a support and following.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Do you think more people would be upset about FE getting yet more multiple newcomers or other franchises with few or no reps getting some?

Splatoon is popular and has nothing right now and Zelda hasn't had a newcomer in forever. And as I've said before, I'm someone that wouldn't touch Splatoon with a ten foot pole.

I'd like to see both, personally. In fact, I'd love to see not a single character cut, with new additions from other franchises like Banjo/Kazooie, Shovel Knight, Isaac (Golden Sun), combined with FE hits like Ephraim and Hec/Celica. Heck, I'd rather wait for a new game to be released if it promised content of both. The one thing I don't want to see is the removal of stuff that people liked. There are tons of complains about Snake and Wolf and Ice Climbers not existing in Sm4sh, and I don't think I've seen a single complaint been like, Mega Man replaced Snake or something

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I'd like to see both, personally. In fact, I'd love to see not a single character cut, with new additions from other franchises like Banjo/Kazooie, Shovel Knight, Isaac (Golden Sun), combined with FE hits like Ephraim and Hec/Celica.

Still too many FE characters in my opinion. I'm sorry, but I feel FE would be over-represented this way unless there are cuts. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I suppose I'd use Ephraim anyway though, since he's my second favorite lord after Ike.

Edited by Anacybele

Just some food for thought, here.

I think FE's representation in Smash is sorta different from other franchises. Unless I'm mistaken, Fire Emblem seems to be the only Smash franchise where the games span over more than at least 3 settings, two if you disinclude other franchises' unrepresented disconnected plot games such as Mother 1. From the representatives, we have Archanea, Elibe, Tellius, and Hoshido/Nohr, and that doesn't factor in Ylisse/Valm, which is future Archanea. In that sense, the FE representatives technically aren't that connected to most of the others from their franchise, unlike the Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Star Fox, Kirby franchises, so to me, it feels a bit like they're sorta representing more their world and less the whole franchise...I think. Of course, those who know little about FE probably think they're connected, so I guess it can't be helped. Just wanted to throw a perspective out there.

Still expecting the Inkling to be the next character, though.

Expecting (in order): Inkling, Ice Climbers, Wolf.

Want: Anna, Dixie Kong, Shantae.

Hopefully no one gets cut. If it's more of an enhanced port than a full new game, there shouldn't be anyone cut.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Expecting (in order): Inkling, Ice Climbers, Wolf.

Want: Anna, Dixie Kong, Shantae.

Hopefully no one gets cut. If it's more of an enhanced port than a full new game, there shouldn't be anyone cut.

There's really no reason to want anyone ever to be cut. Giving priority to newcomers is obviously understandable, but if it's possible, bring on everyone back!

One day Pichu shall rule the battlefield once again.

34 minutes ago, Jave said:

There's really no reason to want anyone ever to be cut. Giving priority to newcomers is obviously understandable, but if it's possible, bring on everyone back!

One day Pichu shall rule the battlefield once again.

It's really less of a WANT to cut people and more of a SHOULD, I would say. I don't REALLY want to cut characters either. But in some situations, I just feel like that's the ideal way to go.