Smash Port Likely & Female Corrin Amiibo?

Jedi

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's really less of a WANT to cut people and more of a SHOULD, I would say. I don't REALLY want to cut characters either. But in some situations, I just feel like that's the ideal way to go.

Why is it the Ideal way to go? Considering all 58 characters have fanbases, i'm legitimately curious.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Why is it the Ideal way to go? Considering all 58 characters have fanbases, i'm legitimately curious.

Certain circumstances. Like time constraints which caused a few Melee people to miss out on Brawl. Technical issues which caused the Ice Climbers to get the boot from Smash Wii U/3DS. Or in this case, more balanced representation between franchises when choosing newcomers and having fewer clones (this part is more directed at Lucina, just to point out). I still don't think anyone wants one franchise to have a butt load of characters while the rest only get a handful.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Certain circumstances. Like time constraints which caused a few Melee people to miss out on Brawl. Technical issues which caused the Ice Climbers to get the boot from Smash Wii U/3DS. Or in this case, more balanced representation between franchises when choosing newcomers and having fewer clones (this part is more directed at Lucina, just to point out). I still don't think anyone wants one franchise to have a butt load of characters while the rest only get a handful.

It's a port, though.  Why waste the assets?

Just seems like a dumb move to me.

Like, I hate Ike and Corrin, but I think it would be wasteful to cut them from a port when the assets are there and ready to go...

2 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

It's a port, though.  Why waste the assets?

Just seems like a dumb move to me.

Like, I hate Ike and Corrin, but I think it would be wasteful to cut them from a port when the assets are there and ready to go...

I'm not saying anyone will or should be cut in the port, and that's a reason I think FE newcomers right now are very very unlikely. They're better off being saved for a brand new game, cut characters or not. I will honestly be VERY surprised if we get an FE newcomer in this port.

I think what they did with Olimar and Alph was brilliant. And should definitely have been used to a greater extent, for characters like Pit/Dark Pit, Mario and his post secondary graduate counterpart, and of course, Marcina.

But yeah, as much as I would love to see it, new FE reps arent likely, Inkling, wolf, Ice Climbers, Snake ;-; are the most likely to be added, but with echoes coming up and FE Switch around the corner, who knows.

1 minute ago, Ki11erpenguin said:

I think what they did with Olimar and Alph was brilliant. And should definitely have been used to a greater extent, for characters like Pit/Dark Pit, Mario and his post secondary graduate counterpart, and of course, Marcina.

But yeah, as much as I would love to see it, new FE reps arent likely, Inkling, wolf, Ice Climbers, Snake ;-; are the most likely to be added, but with echoes coming up and FE Switch around the corner, who knows.

actually, to build on that point. They could add a bunch of new FE reps if they just make them alts of existing characters. Thats right, Chrom could still make it as an Ike alt

On 3/14/2017 at 1:43 PM, Ki11erpenguin said:

Bold: It's a bit grating whenever I hear this mostly because I tire of clone arguments. Have we forgotten that that was the original plan for Lucina? I presume most of us would not have cared if the Parallel Falchion still had a tipper, but I guess Sakurai thought that would've been bizarre. Was probably a pet peeve of his, being an FE fan himself.

And that got me thinking, we all have our different preferences. Our different ways of handling the roster, trying to "resolve" certain peeves we may have, which others may find anywhere from utterly brilliant to utterly stupid. Those little things, those peeves we just can't leave unresolved. The little things can go a long way, and it shows.

And on that note, many of us clearly have a peeve on series representation. I still like to emphasize that even Sakurai was hesitant in adding a 6th FE rep, so even for them the feeling was mutual. Though to be frank, I don't really care that much. Really, who cares about overrepping? Maybe we could get a Smash spin-off that features only FE characters. Wouldn't that be something? Now, I do think they show enough care to not to let any one franchise go overboard. We've never seen more than 6 or 7 reps in any one series (except for Mario, but heck with it, it's freaking Mario. Flagships have their perks). I know there's the other end of the scale with the terribly lonely Metroid and Donkey Kong series. No arguments here, it would be great to see more characters from those franchises. FE finally got its time to shine, surely others will follow suit.

I care not who the new amiibo is. I admit, what this may entail is interesting. 'Course, I'm not holding my breath until Smash Switch is actually officially announced. Blatantly obvious outcomes have been defied before. We thought Chrom was all but guaranteed to be playable in Smash 4, and we all know how that went.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

If Smash 4 gets a new character with a Switch Port, I expect it to be literally any Sin & Punishment character an Inkling from Splatoon. With that said, I would much more appreciate a re-balancing of the current cast. It's really painful to fight characters like Sheik and Fox as Dedede or Ganondorf when so many of your moves are broken or just plain bad. If they made the other half of the roster competitively viable, it would be far, far more rewarding than simply getting another character.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Florete said:

Coming back to this...with the Echoes datamine revealing female Corrin in Echoes, what do we think is the possibility that this extra Smash amiibo is actually just her?

I was going to return to this, just to state the same thing, yeah it might just be Female Corrin. Should I rename the title?

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

I was going to return to this, just to state the same thing, yeah it might just be Female Corrin. Should I rename the title?

I would either add something to the title in brackets or make a note in bold at the top of the post. Or both.

I personally think there's a solid chance for Smash to port over to the Switch although I don't think Fem-Corrin having an amiibo actually hints at having a port. I honestly don't know why people actually think characters need to be cut off especially if it's going to be a port. That has to be 2nd stupidest argument I've ever heard in the Smash fandom. It's only behind the asinine "Swordsman" argument.

Why is it that every time I come into a smash thread, no matter how old, I see "Cut Roy/Lucina" synonymous with "Ana"?

Anyways, moving on to the topic.

The Switch has the power and the portability... so while I don't expect much at this point and with the Amiibo possibly being Kamui... I'm still hoping for the code to be Ice Climbers.

All I could ever hope for in Smash Switch is to have the exclusive features of both put into one game. Meaning, have all stages and music ( I much prefer Arena Ferox to the Coliseum, but the latter had more BGMs), Smash Run (honestly, the only edge 3DS had over Wii U), (unfortunately) Smash Tour, event match and all that good stuff. If possible, bring back adventure mode would be the greatest thing ever, but if not, I'll digress.

The cast, I'm pretty content with and doesn't need changing imo. But if they could give the DLC characters their own custom moves, that'd be the final icing on the cake

16 hours ago, Ercdouken said:

People are just jelly of how stylish the anime swordsmen are.

QFTT :P

11 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Why is it that every time I come into a smash thread, no matter how old, I see "Cut Roy/Lucina" synonymous with "Ana"?

Anyways, moving on to the topic.

The Switch has the power and the portability... so while I don't expect much at this point and with the Amiibo possibly being Kamui... I'm still hoping for the code to be Ice Climbers.

The Ice Climbers should be in the game, to begin with.  Sakurai keeps underestimating the fanbase's common sense. All you have to do is just ban the Ice Climbers from tourney & that's it. There's no real excuse why shouldn't have been done, to begin with.

8 hours ago, Motendra said:

All I could ever hope for in Smash Switch is to have the exclusive features of both put into one game. Meaning, have all stages and music ( I much prefer Arena Ferox to the Coliseum, but the latter had more BGMs), Smash Run (honestly, the only edge 3DS had over Wii U), (unfortunately) Smash Tour, event match and all that good stuff. If possible, bring back adventure mode would be the greatest thing ever, but if not, I'll digress.

The cast, I'm pretty content with and doesn't need changing imo. But if they could give the DLC characters their own custom moves, that'd be the final icing on the cake

As much I've loved this to be the case, I do want Wii U owner at least be able to access those options. I already think unfair the Mario Kart 8 Switch has additional features & characters to begin with.

Edited by Zangetsu

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

I'm honestly beginning to think a Switch port isn't actually likely. But maybe E3 will change that.

It'll be an E3 announcement.
The rumors got other stuff right-- I think it's highly possible they delayed the port to the holidays to add more content to it.

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

I'm honestly beginning to think a Switch port isn't actually likely. But maybe E3 will change that.

I'm 50/50 on a Smash 4 Switch port coming eventually, but with the amiibo announcements today I don't think it will come this year. I think this E3 will be Smashless.

6 hours ago, The DanMan said:

It'll be an E3 announcement.
The rumors got other stuff right-- I think it's highly possible they delayed the port to the holidays to add more content to it.

What rumors are you referring to?

4 hours ago, Florete said:

What rumors are you referring to?

I believe the Smash port was mentioned in the Eurogamer rumors-- which have proved pretty accurate overall.

• 1 month later...

An enhanced port over a Smash 5 would be better in the short term at least.

I'd go ahead and say yes to adding the Inkling, and no to more FE for now. Bringing back the Ice Climbers and Wolf I wouldn't mind. Issac feels too antiquated to include at this point, and he doesn't have the NES retro-ite status IC, ROB, DH, MG&W, plus LM to an extent, all have. And of course, all originally DLC characters should be included for free, and maybe the costumes too.

Shantae I would like, but Nintendo might not see this indie character as a good choice, even though she is most frequently associated with Nintendo systems. Maybe an ARMS character- but that'd possibly be too much like LM.

The port better include all 3DS and Wii U exclusive stages, plus more. Pokemon Stadium 1 would be nice too- surprised none of the Smash 1&M stages include a Pokemon one. Also, both Smash Run and Smash Tour should be in there.

On 5/15/2017 at 7:34 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

An enhanced port over a Smash 5 would be better in the short term at least.

I'd go ahead and say yes to adding the Inkling, and no to more FE for now. Bringing back the Ice Climbers and Wolf I wouldn't mind. Issac feels too antiquated to include at this point, and he doesn't have the NES retro-ite status IC, ROB, DH, MG&W, plus LM to an extent, all have. And of course, all originally DLC characters should be included for free, and maybe the costumes too.

Shantae I would like, but Nintendo might not see this indie character as a good choice, even though she is most frequently associated with Nintendo systems. Maybe an ARMS character- but that'd possibly be too much like LM.

The port better include all 3DS and Wii U exclusive stages, plus more. Pokemon Stadium 1 would be nice too- surprised none of the Smash 1&M stages include a Pokemon one. Also, both Smash Run and Smash Tour should be in there.

Smash Run yes, but the further Smash Tour stays away from anything, the better the game.