Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

I've been trying to clear this map on hard, and I could use some help. My units are the following:

5-Stars: Peri, Catria, MCorrin, Kagero, Setsuna, Lachesis

4-Stars: Marth, Sheena, Merric, Palla, Chrom, Cain, Donnel, Maria

Chrom is level 1, Maria's 10, everyone else is between 20 and 29.

I also have a 3-Star Olivia at level 1 (though I'd rather not train her or Chrom up at the moment if I can help it, not much time left).

I do not know anyone's boons or banes.

What team and strat should I use?

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all the good advice from the nice people in the forum, I was finally able to pass it on lunatic. My setup was all 4-star, Kagero 40+1, Olivia 40, F!Robin 36 and Draug 35. Draug helped Kagero survive the bottom Ninja with 1 hp, tanked the sword cavalier and killed the top ninja who had slipped past the axe armor. I was hoping that Draug would also handle the axe armor, but he was too low on hp for this and I had to move him out of the way. Attached is the situation just before finishing the level. Thank you everyone, I would never have made it without your precious help.

IMG_1791.JPG

Edited by chirp
Reduce picture size

1 hour ago, FrozenBlades81 said:

I've been trying to clear this map on hard, and I could use some help. My units are the following:

I also have a 3-Star Olivia at level 1 (though I'd rather not train her or Chrom up at the moment if I can help it, not much time left).

First of all, your levels are probably too low at the moment. Try to get to at least over 35.

Kagerou and Setsuna are great, as they beat out the Thieves handily. Merric is serviceable against Ursula on Hard, but it's a bit more troublesome on Lunatic. Sheena can play a role similar to Effie, tanking the Thieves, Knight, and Cavalier, but since she gets doubled unlike Effie, I'm not sure about her effectiveness in comparison. Also, none of your healers have the power to keep Sheena healthy either.

With Merric, I don't think you can kill Ursula in one turn, however, which means you'll need to use a variation of @Elieson's strategy on the last page. That puts Kagerou out of the question, as you can't afford a healer, and probably prevents you from using Sheena as well. Peri, Catria or even Corrin or Marth should be able to take Sharena's place. On Hard, I think Setsuna can survive both Thieves without any healing. But if you ever plan on doing Lunatic, you'll have to train up Olivia, as otherwise Reciprocal Aid will not pass Setsuna enough HP to survive the second Thief's attack.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

@TheTuckingFypo You could do it with Reinhardt, Frederick (at least 33 def, might need more or less depending on health growth), Lissa (with Rehabilitate), and F!Robin (needs to have 31 atk)

Turn 1: Get Robin to OHKO Ursula, Reinhardt in the little bottom corner to bait the bottom dagger and Lissa on top of him. Frederick should be top-right diagonal to the healer

Turn 2: Robin moves and attacks the knight from across the wall, Lissa heals Rein. Fred moves to prevent the knight from moving and Rein stay to bait the bottom dagger.

Turn 3: Robin kills the knight, Fred attacks dagger, Rein baits again, Lissa heals Rein. 

Fred kills top dagger, Rein keeps baiting until bottom dagger dies, Cav will come next turn.  Get Rein to get rid of Cav.

Edited by Kiran

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

First of all, your levels are probably too low at the moment. Try to get to at least over 35.

Kagerou and Setsuna are great, as they beat out the Thieves handily. Merric is serviceable against Ursula on Hard, but I wouldn't recommend him on Lunatic. Sheena can play a role similar to Effie, tanking the Thieves, Knight, and Cavalier, but since she gets doubled unlike Effie, I'm not sure about her effectiveness in comparison. Also, none of your healers have the power to keep Sheena healthy either.

With Merric, I don't think you can kill Ursula in one turn, however, which means you'll need to use a variation of @Elieson's strategy on the last page. That puts Kagerou out of the question, as you can't afford a healer, and probably prevents you from using Sheena as well. Peri, Catria or even Corrin or Marth should be able to take Sharena's place. On Hard, I think Setsuna can survive both Thieves without any healing. But if you ever plan on doing Lunatic, you'll have to train up Olivia, as otherwise Reciprocal Aid will not pass Setsuna enough HP to survive the second Thief's attack.

Thanks.

I'll grind up and try it out.

10 minutes ago, Kiran said:

@TheTuckingFypo You could do it with Reinhardt, Frederick (at least 33 def, might need more depending on health growth), Lissa (with Rehabilitate), and F!Robin (needs to have 31 atk)? 

Turn 1: Get Robin to OHKO Ursula, Reinhardt in the little bottom corner to bait the bottom dagger and Lissa on top. Frederick should be top-right diagonal to the healer

Turn 2: Robin moves and attacks the knight from across the wall, Lissa heals Rein. Fred moves to prevent the knight from moving and Rein stay to bait the bottom dagger.

Turn 3: Robin kills the knight, Fred attacks dagger, Rein baits again, Lissa heals Rein. 

Fred kills dagger, Rein keeps baiting until dagger dies, Cav will come next turn.  Get Rein to get rid of Cav.

Having Frederick stand in front of the Knight is a neat idea. I never thought about that. I just think of KILL when I see Hammer and a Knight lol.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

@TheTuckingFypo You could do it with Reinhardt, Frederick (at least 33 def, might need more or less depending on health growth), Lissa (with Rehabilitate), and F!Robin (needs to have 31 atk)

Turn 1: Get Robin to OHKO Ursula, Reinhardt in the little bottom corner to bait the bottom dagger and Lissa on top of him. Frederick should be top-right diagonal to the healer

Fred kills top dagger, Rein keeps baiting until bottom dagger dies, Cav will come next turn.  Get Rein to get rid of Cav.

I'll try this when I get Robin to about the attack lvl. (and freddy to 33 DEF)

1000 years later and so many stamina potions wasted, I finally beat Lunatic Ursula...

Here's my strategy, though I can't remember the exact moves I made. I hope it helps some people.

Team: 5* Effie (lvl 40), 4* Lissa (lvl 36), 5* Takumi (lvl 40), 4* F!Robin (lvl 39)

Turn 1: Position units so that Robin can move into Ursula's range. If she can, move her into Ursula's range.

Turn 2: Ursula should have killed herself. Move F!Robin out and heal with Lissa. Move Takumi into the spot at the top where 1 ninja can hit. He can't kill it, but he should weaken it enough to finish it on the next turn. Move Effie in front of F!Robin to block enemy attacks.

Turn 3: Effie should have been attacked by the Sword user, and Takumi should have been attacked by the ninja. Finish off the ninja and the sword user. I can't remember which one I healed, I might have healed Effie or Takumi, one of the two. (edit: I probably healed Effie, since I took advantage of Takumi's low HP later)

Turn 4: Effie is almost killed by the combo of the ninja and green armored unit, but she survived by 1 HP for me. Lissa's Kindled-Fire Balm was activated, restoring Effie to full HP. Keep Effie in the front with full HP and slowly chip away at green armored unit with F!Robin behind her. Move Takumi towards the group. He had Vengeance activated at this point.

Turn 5: Finish off the armored unit with F!Robin. Finish off the ninja with Vengeance!Takumi for the win.

Edited by Dolce

1 hour ago, Dolce said:

1000 years later and so many stamina potions wasted, I finally beat Lunatic Ursula...

Here's my strategy, though I can't remember the exact moves I made. I hope it helps some people.

Team: 5* Effie (lvl 40), 4* Lissa (lvl 36), 5* Takumi (lvl 40), 4* F!Robin (lvl 39)

Turn 1: Position units so that Robin can move into Ursula's range. If she can, move her into Ursula's range.

Turn 2: Ursula should have killed herself. Move F!Robin out and heal with Lissa. Move Takumi into the spot at the top where 1 ninja can hit. He can't kill it, but he should weaken it enough to finish it on the next turn. Move Effie in front of F!Robin to block enemy attacks.

Turn 3: Effie should have been attacked by the Sword user, and Takumi should have been attacked by the ninja. Finish off the ninja and the sword user. I can't remember which one I healed, I might have healed Effie or Takumi, one of the two. (edit: I probably healed Effie, since I took advantage of Takumi's low HP later)

Turn 4: Effie is almost killed by the combo of the ninja and green armored unit, but she survived by 1 HP for me. Lissa's Kindled-Fire Balm was activated, restoring Effie to full HP. Keep Effie in the front with full HP and slowly chip away at green armored unit with F!Robin behind her. Move Takumi towards the group. He had Vengeance activated at this point.

Turn 5: Finish off the armored unit with F!Robin. Finish off the ninja with Vengeance!Takumi for the win.

What Bane/Boon is your Takumi?

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What Bane/Boon is your Takumi?

Looks like he has an Atk Bane and Spd Boon

Just my luck to get a Takumi with Atk as his bane lol

Just now, Dolce said:

Looks like he has an Atk Bane and Spd Boon

Just my luck to get a Takumi with Atk as his bane lol

Well, at least the Spd Boon let him survive. Otherwise, you would have had a dead Takumi and no Ursula.

For anyone who still hasn't beaten Ursula Lunatic Mode, here's the strategy I used to beat her last night. Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Team: Camilla, Julia, Kagero, Olivia

T1 - PP: Move Camilla in range of Ursula, move Kagero in range of the bottom Thief. Leave the walls unbroken. Julia should be out of range in the corner with Olivia next to her. EP: Ursula attacks Camilla (for my neutral Res Camilla it did 10 damage), bottom Thief damages Kagero (on my -Deg Kagero if left her with 1 HP, but that's enough) and she retaliates and kills him. Cav moves up. Top Thief and Armor both move down.

T2 - PP: Julia attacks the Armor, Olivia dances her, Julia attacks again, KOing the Armor. Kagero moves left, out of range of Ursula. Camilla moves right and takes out the top Thief. EP: Only Ursula and the Cav are left. Ursula breaks the left wall and the Cav moves up.

T3 - PP: Kagero damages the cav, then gets danced by Olivia so she can move out of Ursula's range. Julia also damages the Cav, then the Camilla finishes it. This leaves only Julia and Camilla in range of Ursula. EP: Ursula attacks Camilla for another 10 damage.

T4 - PP: Kill Ursula however. I think I let Camilla take her down as a reward for tanking all of her attacks so far.

Edited by Kirie

Setsuna is level 38. One more to get the key str point.

I'm planning on doing it with a team of:
-4* lvl 39/40 Setsuna. (+HP, -Spd)

-4* lvl 40 Cecilia

-4* lvl 40 RobinF

-4* lvl 40 Olivia

It all comes down to wether Olivia can survive the sword cav for one round or not.

2 hours ago, Silith13 said:

-4* lvl 40 Cecilia

-4* lvl 40 RobinF

-4* lvl 40 Olivia

It all comes down to wether Olivia can survive the sword cav for one round or not.

You don't have anyone better to tank the Sword Cav? With Setsuna, you don't actually need Cecilia, so you can fill in some Sword unit.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3 hours ago, Kirie said:

T2 - PP: Julia attacks the Armor, Olivia dances her, Julia attacks again, KOing the Armor. Kagero moves over to the right to OHKO the top Thief. (I might have moved Camilla to make sure she stays out of range of the Cav, don't remember for sure.). EP: Only Ursula and the Cav are left. Ursula breaks the left wall and the Cav moves up.

Huh, Kagerou doesn't end up in Ursula's range like this?

Wait, whoops, double posted.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

13 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I believe @Raven cleared the map with Camilla, Tharja and two healers? His strat is in one of the earlier pages, like 5 or so. Lilina isn't Tharja, but it might work out similarly.

If that doesn't work, you'll want to look into training up Nino to take care of Ursula, and replace Camilla with the kid. Setsuna can take care of the Thieves, but I don't think you need her if you use Effie. Effie-centered strats usually revolve around a good healer (preferably Lissa/Wrys), Olivia to get the healer out and move Effie faster, and someone else to actually kill Ursula (Nino for you).

To be honest, the strat I used didn't even need a healer. Just needed any mounted unit (so it can reach the required space faster) that can tank one hit from the red cavalier. It just so happened I had a mounted healer that survived a hit with 1HP remaining. However, a dancing unit was very important.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wait, whoops, double posted.

Nope. When my stamina is restored enough, I can go back in and take a screenshot of how it falls out, if it'll be helpful. There's a chance I might have forgotten to mention something somewhere, as it was last night when I pulled it off, and I'm sick so my head is kind of loopy.

59 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You don't have anyone better to tank the Sword Cav? With Setsuna, you don't actually need Cecilia, so you can fill in some Sword unit.

Aaargh. When Cecila pulls the top thief the aoe means Olivia cannot survive a single hit from the sword cav. Even with four attacks from Setsuna and one from RobinF I can't survive.

asdafasd. Maybe if I put in my 4* Alphonse instead?

EDIT: Nope I need Olivia to get Robin away after turn 1.

Edited by Silith13

14 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I believe @Raven cleared the map with Camilla, Tharja and two healers? His strat is in one of the earlier pages, like 5 or so. Lilina isn't Tharja, but it might work out similarly.

If that doesn't work, you'll want to look into training up Nino to take care of Ursula, and replace Camilla with the kid. Setsuna can take care of the Thieves, but I don't think you need her if you use Effie. Effie-centered strats usually revolve around a good healer (preferably Lissa/Wrys), Olivia to get the healer out and move Effie faster, and someone else to actually kill Ursula (Nino for you).

Thanks for the tip! I eventually got it wit this team:

Basically the same tactics with a twist haha. 

Wew, that was hard. I trained Setsuna 4* and Robin F 4* up to 35 but in the end I won with Camilla 5*, Sanaki 5*, Robin M 5* and Olivia 3* (all 40 except Olivia). With little space to maneuver a dancer seems the key here.

15 hours ago, chirp said:

Thanks to all the good advice from the nice people in the forum, I was finally able to pass it on lunatic. My setup was all 4-star, Kagero 40+1, Olivia 40, F!Robin 36 and Draug 35. Draug helped Kagero survive the bottom Ninja with 1 hp, tanked the sword cavalier and killed the top ninja who had slipped past the axe armor. I was hoping that Draug would also handle the axe armor, but he was too low on hp for this and I had to move him out of the way. Attached is the situation just before finishing the level. Thank you everyone, I would never have made it without your precious help.

IMG_1741.PNG

Congratulation!!

2 hours ago, Orson said:

Wew, that was hard. I trained Setsuna 4* and Robin F 4* up to 35 but in the end I won with Camilla 5*, Sanaki 5*, Robin M 5* and Olivia 3* (all 40 except Olivia). With little space to maneuver a dancer seems the key here.

Camilla was the guy that block the thieves I assume? Sometimes.. shit happens. At least Setsuna and Robin are 35 and  u can use for future installments.

3 hours ago, Finn1412 said:

Hi! For all those having problems you should see this video:

All you need as a minimum is:

3* Sukabi (+Def)

3* Robin/Nino

3* Olivia

3* Lissa

Goddamn Subaki is god level. He's literally the MVP of this round.

8 hours ago, Silith13 said:

-4* lvl 40 Cecilia

-4* lvl 40 RobinF

-4* lvl 40 Olivia

1)Turn one... Put RobinF in the spot above (see the video)... I would personally put Setsuna in the attacking range for the thief (Choice is yours.. I did mine .. and she survived 4* level 40 and kill thief with Olivia hones atk),

2) Turn two ... (do u really need Cecilia .. do u have a strong Red/Blue non-infantry? ... to block  the red cav) ...

I would move RobinF to the spot where u can freely attack the Knight. (pull RobinF if the Knight can move.. since the thief will take its space) 

15 hours ago, FrozenBlades81 said:

I dont know how much SP it takes to get Olivia to learn Dance. Because Dance is really the only thing that you need for her. Definitely Setsuna/Kagero and well a Armor Killer... ( I would recommend MCorrin though .. the challenge is probably Ursula at this point). I know it only takes level 15 to get about 150SP (more or less)

Edited by Ryuke

3 hours ago, Finn1412 said:

Hi! For all those having problems you should see this video:

All you need as a minimum is:

3* Sukabi (+Def)

3* Robin/Nino

3* Olivia

3* Lissa

Huh. I thought Subaki would be good here! I had started training him further before coming here for help. I'll contiue training him if the strategies people have helped me with fail.

9 hours ago, Kirie said:

For anyone who still hasn't beaten Ursula Lunatic Mode, here's the strategy I used to beat her last night. Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Team: Camilla, Julia, Kagero, Olivia

T1 - PP: Move Camilla in range of Ursula, move Kagero in range of the bottom Thief. Leave the walls unbroken. Julia should be out of range in the corner with Olivia next to her. EP: Ursula attacks Camilla (for my neutral Res Camilla it did 10 damage), bottom Thief damages Kagero (on my -Deg Kagero if left her with 1 HP, but that's enough) and she retaliates and kills him. Cav moves up. Top Thief and Armor both move down.

T2 - PP: Julia attacks the Armor, Olivia dances her, Julia attacks again, KOing the Armor. Kagero moves left, out of range of Ursula. Camilla moves right and takes out the top Thief. EP: Only Ursula and the Cav are left. Ursula breaks the left wall and the Cav moves up.

T3 - PP: Kagero damages the cav, then gets danced by Olivia so she can move out of Ursula's range. Julia also damages the Cav, then the Camilla finishes it. This leaves only Julia and Camilla in range of Ursula. EP: Ursula attacks Camilla for another 10 damage.

T4 - PP: Kill Ursula however. I think I let Camilla take her down as a reward for tanking all of her attacks so far.

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You were right; redoing the strategy I realized I mis-remembered what I did. T2 Camilla takes out the top Thief and Kagero runs away and licks her wounds. I've updated my write-up to reflect this, just so I don't mess up anyone. Thank you!