Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Seriously speaking is Horse Emblem even cheating when you don't even run Horse Buff on that thing lol

Horse Emblem but without the buffs guis

Even without buffs the 3 Mov advantage is still pretty huge, on top of 2 range to hit things from like 5 tiles away.

5 minutes ago, Talandar said:

imo still the hardest GHB map, especially at Infernal difficulty. Unlike most other GHBs the lack of space discourages Reposition chains for Horse Emblem and even refreshing becomes awkward since the dancer have a difficult time ot maneuver out of range. It's easier if you have a DC armor against those Poison daggers but without it the pain is real.

Like you can trivialize the other maps with Reinhardt or a Brave Bow user while this one doesn't allow that.

This exactly. You can only use like 1/6th of the map to shuffle around while you wait for the enemy to pile on you.

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Thane said:

That was really challenging. I finally got it with Innes, male Robin, Reinhardt and Inigo. Pretty weird team, but it was fun to try something different! 

Black Knight seems like he'd be exceptional at this map, but I've never really used an armor unit, so I'm sure I would've messed things up and turned him into Ursula's breakfast.

Yeah BK works haha. I basically had to just do it with him + healer + dancer because I couldn't maneuver anyone else in such a small space without gettin'em killed. 

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Horse Emblem but without the buffs guis

Even without buffs the 3 Mov advantage is still pretty huge, on top of 2 range to hit things from like 5 tiles away.

This exactly.

I edited lol

I would rank it like(at the time)

Navvare Lunatic > Legion Lunatic > Legion Hard > Ursula > Narcia > Michalis before Narcian > Camus > Michalis after Narcian > Xander > Legion Infernal > Lloyd

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

(perhaps DD2 would suffice) 

It does... Kinda. I used your strat and it worked with a +1 Nino (+spd -def) with DD2, who survived with 1 HP (so unmerged, she takes just enough damage to die).

If Nino is +res or hp (and not - the other), I think she survives. Alternatively, Amelia can be replaced with a res boosting ally.

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I hope you do one of these again

so that I don't have to think for myself

@Arcanite @JSND Alter Dragon Boner u guys r trippin Legion was the hardest one as of yet

(for me)

*cries in Axebreaker fodder*

I only find Legion lower modes the hardest, not as hard on Navvare though

Legion Infernal is way easier than Lunatic and Hard

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

haa sorry man =u= 2 kids an' all, I been a bit slow on the uptake.

Two?  I think I knew about a son, Ryan, right?  But there's another?

Just now, Rezzy said:

Two?  I think I knew about a son, Ryan, right?  But there's another?

HAHA YEAH WE HAD ANOTHER ONE @u@ boy #2, Leon Ridley hahahahaha YES IM A NERD

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

I hope you do one of these again

so that I don't have to think for myself

@Arcanite @JSND Alter Dragon Boner u guys r trippin Legion was the hardest one as of yet

(for me)

*cries in Axebreaker fodder*

I am not trippin

I got lucky because I decided to keep my Laslow this time

8 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

why?

I will maintain that Ninian/Hawkeye, M&M, and Alm/Celica were the easiest ones so far~

The gimmick of that map is if you manage to reach 3rd turn and kill a specific enemy the map spanws reinforcement

What Infernal did is make the specific enemy harder to kill with higher numbers, enough to not be killed by Ursula, not enough to not be killed in 2 shot

They literally removed the only thing that make the map hard by doing that. Lunatic is hell because it doesn't increase stats the same way Infernal does. Hard is hell for the exact same reason especially when EVERYTHING kills your shit(Blue Magi would OHKO Xander, Legion would OHKO Ursula and Cecilia)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

10 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The gimmick of that map is if you manage to reach 3rd turn and kill a specific enemy the map spanws reinforcement

What Infernal did is make the specific enemy harder to kill with higher numbers, enough to not be killed by Ursula, not enough to not be killed in 2 shot

They literally removed the only thing that make the map hard by doing that. Lunatic is hell because it doesn't increase stats the same way Infernal does. Hard is hell for the exact same reason especially when EVERYTHING kills your shit(Blue Magi would OHKO Xander, Legion would OHKO Ursula and Cecilia)

really

I see

I thought the lower difficulties were easy lol

19 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

really

I see

I thought the lower difficulties were easy lol

Most people did I think. Legion was the only map I specificly inherited a skill for, so I think it's fair to say it's the most difficult one.

Also, BK is great for these maps. I cleared Infernal with BK, TA Cecilia, Brave!Lyn and Lucius (just a basic rehabilitate healer). Wasn't that hard. Lyn and Cecilia help with dealing with the mages, and BK destroys everything else on his own. Fun map.

BK, Lucius, Sharena and 4* Ursula did the trick on Lunatic. I mean, BK and Lucius could probably solo it, and Ursula survives a hit from BK, so it's just a matter of feeding the kill to Ursula/Sharena really...

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner I enjoyed your storytelling. :-) 

I guess I'll have to wait for the next rerun to understand how to cheese legion infernal  I'll come back to you if I may. 

@Hilda another great Askir run. Except shield pulse, every skill has been 4* affordable (not 5* locked). 

@BANRYU I like your solution, Berkut saved the day. ^^

42 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

It does... Kinda. I used your strat and it worked with a +1 Nino (+spd -def) with DD2, who survived with 1 HP (so unmerged, she takes just enough damage to die).

If Nino is +res or hp (and not - the other), I think she survives. Alternatively, Amelia can be replaced with a res boosting ally.

Did you have Nino in PA!Azuras Drive Res range? 

16 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Most people did I think. Legion was the only map I specificly inherited a skill for, so I think it's fair to say it's the most difficult one.

Also, BK is great for these maps. I cleared Infernal with BK, TA Cecilia, Brave!Lyn and Lucius (just a basic rehabilitate healer). Wasn't that hard. Lyn and Cecilia help with dealing with the mages, and BK destroys everything else on his own. Fun map.

BK, Lucius, Sharena and 4* Ursula did the trick on Lunatic. I mean, BK and Lucius could probably solo it, and Ursula survives a hit from BK, so it's just a matter of feeding the kill to Ursula/Sharena really...

I should have used BK...

I struggled a lot because I didn't have armors trained up D:

Welp…haven't started yet, but from this thread it looks like it'll be fun considering my team is Roy, Delthea, Camilla, Sakura. How does Deidre do? She's my only 5S Green Tome, though I need to level her still.

For Infernal, I used Cecilia, Olivia, the Black Knight, and Drag Back Cordelia, based off of this strategy. BK did the heavy lifting, and at the end I had to sort of improvise so that Cecilia could finish off the green knight with her special and leave Ursula to Cordelia.

Edited by Florina's #1 Fan

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@BANRYU I like your solution, Berkut saved the day. ^^

Don't encourage him. He doesn't deserve praise he didn't do shit he's literally just there to get schooled and because I can't initiate the GHB with only three units ¬3¬

Edited by BANRYU

37 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Don't encourage him. He doesn't deserve praise he didn't do shit he's literally just there to get schooled and because I can't initiate the GHB with only three units ¬3¬

Perhaps I'll promote him and do the Desperation/Brash Assault seal thing in TT. On Valter it works. 

I used a team of Black Knight, Julia, Hector, and Ninian. It was mostly Black Knight and Julia doing the work.

I'm also considering promoting Ursula in the future to make a second horse team, I'll probably have to get her the blade tome as well but I can look into that in the future.

3 hours ago, Talandar said:

Like you can trivialize the other maps with Reinhardt or a Brave Bow user while this one doesn't allow that.

With some merges, this one most definitely allows it, at least for Infernal. There is no cure for cancer yet. I cheesed it with BH!Lyn+10, Reinhardt+5, Cecilia4*+10, and Olivia4*+10. Outside of Reinhardt, they are all pretty normal. Reinhardt has Daggerbreaker, but everything else is normal. I married BH!Lyn and she ran Brave Bow. Cecilia ran Gronnblade. Olivia ran Ruby Sword, but it does not matter what she has.

On turn one, Reinhardt kills green armor, and then I used Olivia to move Reinhardt back so he can tank the thief from the bottom as well as Repositioning Olivia back. Move Cecilia to the right and BH!Lyn down.

Spoiler

wPwm90W.png
6EZ9MBD.png
WcypCRd.png

On turn two, I killed a lot of stuff. I will just let the pictures do the explaining. In case it is not clear, at the end, Olivia Dances BH!Lyn so she kills the bottom thief and tanks the red pony on Enemy Phase.

Spoiler

pG7Fh8m.png
q91DUCc.png
lKApxPT.png
8H4jBUM.png
WwzNoY8.png

On turn three, you can use any pony to kill the red pony. I chose to use Cecilia.

Spoiler

T47Y8On.png
baebfHw.png

Edited by XRay

Including breakers is kinda cheating though.
I was talking about that any ranged Brave attacker could clear these GHBs without specific investment. Giving Reinhardt Daggerbreaker is really specific.

Pretty sure I saw videos about someone who just uses 3 Dancer + Klein to clear a lot of Infernal maps ... without using any breakers of him.