Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Not on this laptop. The ascender on ð is practically invisible to me unless I'm half a foot away from the screen, so it just looks like an o with a little ~ over it.

It's possibly based on the font your browser is rendering the page in.

I believe that education is what will pave the way to a better tomorrow, and any little bit wiser a person can be can never be a bad thing. Being correct in on a social platform and correcting people who are wrong encourages others to be more correct and thereby spread correctness in their own interactions.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hector, Bride Lyn with S Support, Robin, Sophia. Hector killed the lower Ninja, Mage and Ursula herself with Vantage Bonfire with stat help from Lyn. Sophia took care of the top most ninja. Robin swapped Hector out of danger and both he and Lyn proceeded to nuke the sword cav. Then Sophia came down and Dragon Fang'd the armor.

It was just a matter of finding the right combination of units for the job. Only took one stamina potion and 2 or 3 tries. Didn't have Hector when Ursula was last here, it was early game for me and I didn't have a lot to work with. Felt good crushing it so easily even on Infernal.

Wow, people were right. With a Hector with Vantage and Bonfire, this was easy. I completed it first time. I don't even remember my team. Hector, Mysterious Dancer... and... uh... two others xD

I'm glad to have one that was easier for me, for once. I hope others have the same joy :)

Cleared Infernal with Hector, Xander, Reinhardt, and the mystery dancer. I'm pretty sure that it would work with a different dancer and horse mage as well. Hector had Vantage and Bonfire; Xander had Def +3 (dunno if he needed it), QR, Bonfire, and Hone Cav; and Reinhardt had Hone Cav. On the first turn, I had Hector be danced to the spot where he baits Ursula and the green cav mage, and I had Xander move to the spot next to him to bait the lower ninja. That takes care of all of those units. It should be pretty straightforward after that point, with Xander being the one to take on the sword cav.

I managed to clear the mission with Sharena killing Ursula.  I used two Distant Counter units (Hector and Big Tiki) to one-shot the ninjas.  Then, I had Hector bait the red cavalier and Ursula.  I unequipped Bonfire on Hector because he would kill Ursula otherwise, lol.  Tiki finished off the green knight, who was a pain with Wings of Mercy, and Sharena killed a 2 HP Ursula.

On 10/27/2017 at 5:47 AM, Cute Chao said:

Wow, people were right. With a Hector with Vantage and Bonfire, this was easy. I completed it first time. I don't even remember my team. Hector, Mysterious Dancer... and... uh... two others xD

I'm glad to have one that was easier for me, for once. I hope others have the same joy :)

My Hector doesn't even have Bonfire, he has Noontime. Though Bonfire probably would have been better...

How are you all doing infernal so easily with Hector? Every time I try with him he gets beaten up by the green cav, then doesn't do enough damage with Ignis to kill Ursula before she finishes him off. I even slapped my maxed out Distant Def seal on him and had Azura (original recipe) lend her Res boost at the beginning of the phase when the sh!t hits the fan. He always ends up with, at best, 8 HP before Ursula's followup, which does 14. I feel like the biggest dummy right now, because I haven't been able to crack this nut, and it's the last few hours before it goes away. What is the secret to the mystical Hector that magically survives getting double-teamed by the green cav and Ursula?

15 minutes ago, Omegaprism said:

How are you all doing infernal so easily with Hector? Every time I try with him he gets beaten up by the green cav, then doesn't do enough damage with Ignis to kill Ursula before she finishes him off. I even slapped my maxed out Distant Def seal on him and had Azura (original recipe) lend her Res boost at the beginning of the phase when the sh!t hits the fan. He always ends up with, at best, 8 HP before Ursula's followup, which does 14. I feel like the biggest dummy right now, because I haven't been able to crack this nut, and it's the last few hours before it goes away. What is the secret to the mystical Hector that magically survives getting double-teamed by the green cav and Ursula?

What's your Hector's nature?

2 minutes ago, Omegaprism said:

It's +atk/-res, and dang it, I just realized that this is one of the rare situations where that's not a good nature to have, isn't it?

Mine's +HP/-Spd, and appears to have survived the battle by having the mages attack Azura instead.

See what you can do.

19 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Mine's +HP/-Spd, and appears to have survived the battle by having the mages attack Azura instead.

See what you can do.

Hrm, I don't have a green dancer, but maybe I can fiddle around with Anna or something. Anyway, thanks. I'm off to bash my head against this map a few more times.

Raudraven Tharja or Sanaki with dagger breaker and TA 3 (of course) can easily handle the first safely-approachable dagger unit in range, and kill them. If you don't break the damaged wall, then Ursula will break it and the red unit will pull her back. Then the next turn you can ORKO the armored unit, and leave your Tharja or Sanaki to kill the dagger unit. Then just keep a really strong Gronnblade user buffed to ORKO Ursula. Then use a 4th unit, or perhaps even your Rally Bot to take out the cavalier unit. Oh and if it's infernal, then your red mage can take care of the green mage as well, so it works out fine.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

It still has 3 days left after day change, though?

*Looks at Special Maps*

I'm dumb.

In other news, I pulled it off. My successful team (no merges, all 5 stars) was Minerva (SI: Reposition, Desperation 3, and Night Sky), Hinoka (SI: Reposition), Blue Azura (SI: Renewal 2), and Hector (SI: Ignis, Swap, Seal: Distant Def). Night Sky and Hone Flyers were the key to victory here, because I almost had it, and then the green armor came and kicked poor Hector's butt, and neither he nor Minerva were able to crush him without dying.

Ways I made this harder than it needed to be: I could have easily replaced Hector with Xander, who could already do Hector's job of baiting the thieves, and/or Azura with Olivia, since she didn't have any combat. Either one of them could have taken out the green armor after Minerva killed all three horses. Also, I meant to inherit Glimmer and not Night Sky, but I accidentally clicked through after only highlighting one skill. Thankfully, all I needed was that tiny boost at the end, and the timing ended up working in spite of my incompetence.

As a final note, wow! Minerva really got to show off here. One well placed song and she laid waste to the bottom half of the map. Not even the sword cavalier could stand against her!

Thanks for the encouragement and tips, everyone. Now I can just feel dumb for thinking the GHB ended today, instead of not being able to beat it.

Edited by Omegaprism
Expression of gratitude

Oh, I forget to leave this here

Nothing interesting actually, just cheesed it with Black Knight, Xander, Fury-Nino and Performer!Azura... But I think any dancer can work, since, her special buff was not necesary and I give her the Atk buff, but Olivia have that already so...

Anyway, I'm just leaving it here

Y'all inspired me to do this, so I finished Infernal.  Used Spring Camilla, Leon, Mystery Dancer, and Palla.

Camilla tanked an unholy number of things, including the knight and numerous dagger tosses.  She also one-shot Ursula due to Azura's boosts.  Leon murdered the sword guy with some dancer love, and tanked a single Poison Dagger (because the enemy died before he could get the second Poison Dagger off).  Palla tanked a Poison Dagger round and gave Camilla some much-needed offense.

I have no idea how it worked, but it did.

• 3 months later...

This one was tricky but it wasn't that bad (it took only 2 stamina pots so that's good enough for me).

Teams:

Flier Emblem: S!Corrin/Elincia/Airzura/Hinoka.

Horse Emblem: Sigurd (MVP)/Reinhardt/B!Lyn/Cecilia.

Infantry Emblem: Fjorm (MVP)/Genny/PA!Olivia/Y!Tiki.