New Echoes: SoV Trailer

Just uploaded a few minutes ago. Seems to be more of a teaser than anything but I'm sure we can at least glean a little bit of information from this. 

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite some questionable voice acting, this looks SO promising. My gosh, could this be the epic Fire Emblem game that I've been waiting for?

Edited by Leif

During the gameplay segments, you can see a green-haired and a blue-haired pegasus knight, which confirms the existence of the Whitewing sisters. 

Also, there is a blonde cavalier in green armor that rides with the black-haired Zeke(?). New character? 

Just now, Leif said:

During the gameplay segments, you can see a green-haired and a blue-haired pegasus knight, which confirms the existence of the Whitewing sisters. 

Also, there is a blonde cavalier in green armor that rides with the black-haired Zeke(?). New character? 

During that scene we also see a character I don't recognize or at least remember; who's the one furthest to the left in the middle, below May and above Catria? 

Need to know the exact context of some of those lines before passing judgement. Celica sounds kinda like Laura Bailey, but there's one thing for certain: King Rudolf is voiced by Jamieson Price.

Funny how we didn't hear a single line from Alm.

5 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Funny how we didn't hear a single line from Alm.

Wasn't he the one who said Zophia is full of innocent people who are looking for help? It was a raspy and young-sounding voice, and they seem intent on making Alm look about as old as Roy.

By the way, don't the cutscenes seem a little...stiff? It looked awkward when the were charging down that hill.

9 minutes ago, Thane said:

During that scene we also see a character I don't recognize or at least remember; who's the one furthest to the left in the middle, below May and above Catria? 

It seems to be shortly after recruiting the first two Whitewings, so the party should be... Celica, Boey, Mae, Genny... Saber... Valbar, Kamui, Leo... Palla and Catria.

It fits with the number of people in the screen so just check what class is it to see who does it with with.

1 minute ago, Vier Mill said:

It seems to be shortly after recruiting the first two Whitewings, so the party should be... Celica, Boey, Mae, Genny... Saber... Valbar, Kamui, Leo... Palla and Catria.

It fits with the number of people in the screen so just check what class is it to see who does it with with.

That's the one, thanks.

8 minutes ago, Thane said:

Wasn't he the one who said Zophia is full of innocent people who are looking for help? It was a raspy and young-sounding voice, and they seem intent on making Alm look about as old as Roy.

By the way, don't the cutscenes seem a little...stiff? It looked awkward when the were charging down that hill.

Eh, possibly. It's a bit hard to tell. You're really afraid of them making him like Roy, aren't you? 

Honestly, the cutscenes look like they may be a mix of 2D and 3D very stylized to look like 2D-- certain shots have a lot of depth to them, and the "3D trying to be passed off as anime" does apparently tend to have a stiff look to it, with the intent of "hey this is totally hand-animated its still anime".

Anyways, we seem to be quickly approaching

Best_terrain_type.png

Nice to have something new.

Edited by The DanMan

5 minutes ago, Vier Mill said:

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

That's the one, thanks.

Now... this makes me wonder something, for Alm's party the only new character we have seen so far is Effi, while Celica's party so far seems to have 0 additions, I guess they aren't planning to add too many new playable characters? Unless most join during the latter half, it seems to be that way given Celica's party.

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Eh, possibly. It's a bit hard to tell. You're really afraid of them making him like Roy, aren't you? 

Honestly, the cutscenes look like they may be a mix of 2D and 3D very stylized to look like 2D-- certain shots have a lot of depth to them, and the "3D trying to be passed off as anime" does apparently tend to have a stiff look to it, with the intent of "hey this is totally hand-animated its still anime".

Anyways, we seem to be quickly approaching

Reveal hidden contents

Best_terrain_type.png

Nice to have something new.

i'm pretty sure that was alm talking, it's probably from when he meets celica at the end of chapter 2

8 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I'm pretty sure. I mean I've got no proof, but the camera was on Alm at that point, and it matches the whole argument between him and Celica: Alm takes care of the baddies and Celica looks for the reason why shit's going down in Valentia.

And hell yeah I'm afraid of that; Alm sticks out because he's vicious, I just hope they remember to keep him that way. I know I'm being a bit paranoid, but it surprises me to see just how young and short he looks. Like how dangerous can a 15-year-old skinny little bugger at 1.5 meters be? 

Now... this makes me wonder something, for Alm's party the only new character we have seen so far is Effi, while Celica's party so far seems to have 0 additions, I guess they aren't planning to add too many new playable characters? Unless most join during the latter half, it seems to be that way given Celica's party.

Maybe they just really didn't want Alm's original gang to be a complete sausage fest.

Also, way to defy those gender stereotypes, Alm. Nintendo has had three recent games where a woman is turning around dramatically after staring longingly at something (in two out of three cases a sunset), but now it's a guy's turn to do that.

Edited by Thane

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

And hell yeah I'm afraid of that; Alm sticks out because he's vicious, I just hope they remember to keep him that way. I know I'm being a bit paranoid, but it surprises me to see just how young and short he looks. Like how dangerous can a 15-year-old skinny little bugger at 1.5 meters be? 

He looks no younger than most other lords, and the cover art shows him to be a full head taller than Celica. I snagged a couple of shots from the trailer to check anyways:

Alm_height.png

Alm_height_2.png

Make of it what you will-- the perspective makes it a tough call.

Edited by The DanMan

Just now, The DanMan said:

He looks no younger than most other lords, and the cover art shows him to be a full head taller than Celica. I snagged a shot from the trailer to check anyways:

Hide contents

Alm_height.png

Hide contents

Alm_height_2.png

Make of it what you will-- the perspective makes it a tough call.

Pretty sure he's the second coming of Yugi Moto. Just angrier.

5 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

I still think the black haired guy is Zeke. The guy riding next to him in the trailer could be Jerome, the other Gold Knight boss of their map.

I'm seeing people on the sub saying it could be a re-done Slayder.

I also think he's Slayder. My friends are convinced he's another boss, but I have a feeling it could be him.

For some reason, Alm looks pretty silly running down that hill xp

Edited by Nimue

10 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

I still think the black haired guy is Zeke. The guy riding next to him in the trailer could be Jerome, the other Gold Knight boss of their map.

Spoiler

But Zeke is actually Camus, who is blonde. It would be weird if all of a sudden he decided to change his hair color and then - when he returned to Akaneia in MoE - decided to give his hairs a blond color again

I think he may actually be a totally new character, since Slayder was just a generic boss.

Anyway, the VA seems on point, the cutscenes are pretty cool(albeit I definitely have some minor gripes with them) and they seem to be expanding the story, which was my main hope for this remake. I'm really begining to be hyped now.

Looks awesome. I like the voice that presumably is Alm's

I think neither of the two knights is Zeke. Neither has the right hair color, why would he dye his hair?

It's probably Slaydar and a newly intruduced character.

..."Zophia"? Good grief, I still remember that one trailer messing up and having "Valencia" in its title. The subs from the very first trailer have already had the southern kingdom be called "Zofia". So I have all the grounds to believe that this trailer's title is another mistake. And if that is the case then come the cripes on. These people are supposed to represent an official product of theirs.

Edited by RedEyedDrake