How many new characters to expect?

So, with the release of the new trailer we have seen Celica's army at the point after recruiting their two pegasus knights. So far her army seems to have no new characters while the only changes we saw on Alm's are a new villager of the name of Effy.

We have yet to see if there are any other new characters, though we only saw their parties for what would be the first half of the game, so there's still time for more additions. What do you think? Do you expect just 2-3 new playable characters overall, or maybe more?

3 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

I hope it's a small number. Adding no one is boring (see Shadow Dragon) while adding too many would make it feel too different. 

Shadow Dragon added new characters. Granted, Frey was the only one you got for free, and the others required you to kill off other characters to get at them. But...there we there,

So Shadow Dragon added 7 new characters. I'd say that Gaiden should add roughly the same and split them between the armies. We already know we're getting "Effy" at least.

Edited by Extrasolar

6 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Shadow Dragon added new characters. Granted, Frey was the only one you got for free, and the others required you to kill off other characters to get at them. But...there we there,

So Shadow Dragon added 7 new characters. I'd say that Gaiden should add roughly the same and split them between the armies. We already know we're getting "Effy" at least.

Yeah I thought about that after I posted it (to be fair they were kind of forgettable). 

13 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Yeah I thought about that after I posted it (to be fair they were kind of forgettable). 

And on top of that, Frey and Norne were only available on Normal mode.

I wonder if there might be a new manakete character? Since FE8, there's always been at least one dragon shapeshifter. I'd be happy with them coming back; just as long as it's not another young girl. Maybe a guy instead? Heck, to mix it up, make him a guy who is buff and like fighting. :P It could also set up a side plot regarding the zombie dragons, even if Sacred Stones did that with Myrrh already.

I also wouldn't mind one or two recruitable monsters. Let's get a skeleton or gargoyle on our side for once! :P

I don't think they'll add too many because they have to keep an equal number between the two armies. I don't think you really need to add too many characters since the original cast barely had any dialogue at all. Now that the old units will be fleshed out and be given more character, they will pretty much be like new characters. haha. 

Now I'm wondering, discounting characters that were cut form the original or debuted in SD, how many characters did New Mystery add?

5 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Now I'm wondering, discounting characters that were cut form the original or debuted in SD, how many characters did New Mystery add?

8 new playable characters were introduced in NM, that includes Michalis and the BS FE characters tho.

I was thinking of something, we didn't have that much enemies get recruited and become as allies in the original game. I think we only have Deen, Sonya, Dethlea, and Zeke were the only recruitable enemies that can be turned as allies in Gaiden while the other Fire Emblem games have more than that. I wondered if we will might get other the exclusive playable characters that can were enemy units from the start and joins as allies later on in Echoes? I wondered if we can get that black paladin that we saw in the two trailers can be recruitable enemy since he has an artwork, he has appears to have more one-shot role in the game, and we don't see minor bosses get artworks.

4 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Maybe you'll be able to get Deen and Sonya on Celica's route

Wait, do you mean as in Sonya and Deen recruited together without one of them get killed by Celica's army, I totally think that's probably won't get changed in the remake since I did seen the Direct trailer still has two routes that Celica needs to choose one before entering Grieth's Fortress.

Edited by King Marth 64