I'm not sure if this has been discussed on this board, but Gamespot has a new article about this game: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fire-emblem-3ds-remake-features-some-major-changes/1100-6448634/

It basically confirms bow-range changes, mages getting hurt, in addition to the lack a support system (though I thought we saw evidence to the contrary way back).

It also has a few screenshots and I'm pretty sure this one is new:

3206012-fe1.png

Could that purple-haired archer be Leon?

Edited by Pete-of-the-Forge

In one of the screen shots, we see Effie as a Cavalier it seems, so I guess that means that she gets the male Villager promotion line.

Edited by Azz

Wait a second, I'll like to point this out.

it also doesn't feature a support system during battles

Did the writer perhaps mean the co-op battle function and not the support conversations? Because I swear that we saw some sort of support-type feature in one screenshot, with (presumably) Gray's face in the top left corner before Alm attacked. The wording of this writer confuses me.

Just now, Sarahtoga104 said:

I am still crossing my fingers for support conversations because the article specifically says "support system during battles" which to me just means no pair-up which is something a lot of people figured.

That's actually how I read the article as well.

I have a feeling they will have base conversations, but not ranked supports. And honestly, I'd love that.

I play these games for their music, and combat, and to enjoy the art style. Even if there is nothing, I would love it. And honestly, if there are no supports or base conversations at all, it would allow me to imagine the characters as I see fit, so it's a win-win either way.

12 minutes ago, Sarahtoga104 said:

I am still crossing my fingers for support conversations because the article specifically says "support system during battles" which to me just means no pair-up which is something a lot of people figured.

No, I am 90% confident that there will be a support system in place. Alm's support with Grey gave him some battle bonuses. The writer probably meant Dual Guard and Dual Attack. 

Man, this game is so damn pretty. I love it. It looks like skills do make a return since the revenants have a skill called "Terror". Archers get the "Anti-flying" ability which is self-explanatory. 

19 minutes ago, Azz said:

In one of the screen shots, we see Effie as a Cavalier it seems, so I guess that means that she gets the male Villager promotion line.

Not necessarily. I will venture to guess that she will have an altered Villager promotion tree that will swap out one of the classes with the Pegasus Knight class line. She might also have the Cleric option available too. It's too soon to confirm.

EDIT: 

Looks like units don't get portrait changes upon promotion which saddens me greatly. Tobin still has his tan propped collar despite his archer garb not having one. Ugh. However, it does looks like unique bosses make a return because I noticed a red general with no helmet and a mohawk on the world map.

Also, the revenants seem to have Regelian emblems on them. Do you guys notice that as well, or am I wrong?

Edited by Leif

@Leif I suppose you're right on that. Though I'm still hoping that she has the male promotion line (Though I wouldn't really mind if she had a different line).

Edited by Azz

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

@Leif I suppose you're right on that. Though I'm still hoping that she has the male promotion line (Though I wouldn't really mind).

On another note, did you notice that UNIQUE WEAPONS ICONS ARE BACK?! The Steel Bow is gray with a red handle. I live for these little details, because FE Fates just looked so incomplete without them. 

Edited by Leif

2 minutes ago, Leif said:

On another note, did you notice that UNIQUE WEAPONS ICONS ARE BACK?! The Steel Bow is Grey with a red handle. I live for these little details, because fates just looked so incomplete without them. 

Holy shit your're right!

Though it;s weird cause in one pic you see the Steel Bow the same as the Iron Bow but in the other it's different. Strange but still cool there is some difference.

I love the Greek-inspired artwork on the bottom screen. 

3206016-fe4.png

That support comment worried me, but I also believe the reporter was talking about pair up. 

The more maps we see the more they look like wide open areas. It has been said before, but I hope they won't be too loyal in terms of the worse design decisions of Gaiden.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

I love the Greek-inspired artwork on the bottom screen. 

3206016-fe4.png

That support comment worried me, but I also believe the reporter was talking about pair up. 

The more maps we see the more they look like wide open areas. It has been said before, but I hope they won't be too loyal in terms of the worse design decisions of Gaiden.

The support comment definitely relates to pair-up. He said, "doesn't feature a support system during battles".

I love the bottom screen insignia as well, though I say it's has a more Greco-Roman flair. There are elements of both Greek and Roman warriors present in the design. 

Regarding the open maps: I definitely think that the more bare-bones maps will only be present in the dungeon encounters. The maps will most definitely be updated for the main campaign. I say that with certainty because it is very clear they are adding new stuff to the game. 

Edited by Leif

8 minutes ago, Leif said:

Regarding the open maps: I definitely think that the more bare-bones maps will only be present in the dungeon encounters. The maps will most definitely be updated for the main campaign. I say that with certainty because it is very clear they are adding new stuff to the game. 

They're also keeping low early movement and insane terrain bonuses though. Granted, I also believe they'll change things up somewhat - if nothing else because they can't make castles be completely flat these days - but it still worries me a bit.

It also occurred to me that there's a skill or an attribute there called "Anti-Fliers"; Archers in Gaiden didn't do extra damage to Pegasus Knights, so that's new.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

They're also keeping low early movement and insane terrain bonuses though. Granted, I also believe they'll change things up somewhat - if nothing else because they can't make castles be completely flat these days - but it still worries me a bit.

It also occurred to me that there's a skill or an attribute there called "Anti-Fliers"; Archers in Gaiden didn't do extra damage to Pegasus Knights, so that's new.

The Anti-Flier thing probably comes from the Steel Bow since any bow that wasn't the basic bow you used while unequipped did effective damage.

Just now, Azz said:

The Anti-Flier thing probably comes from the Steel Bow since any bow that wasn't the basic bow you used while unequipped did effective damage.

Wait really? I never once noticed that while playing through the game. Of course, enemies rarely had bows equipped, but still.

I don't think I've noticed it before (unless it hasn't been showed before), but I am intrigued by Valentia's calendar system. Specially the apparent year count.

I did seen that we looks like we got a new location that is "Deliverance Hideout", I'm pretty sure that's a new location since I don't recognize the layout appeared in Gaiden nor there weren't that many hideouts in the original game.

By the way, does anyone know what the screenshot that showed "23rd of Pegastym" exactly means, I don't think that was in the original game as well?

3206015-fe3.thumb.png.84aebd7bb7e7bb5a9beb55bda0ad63b2.png3206019-fe7.thumb.png.9de38506ba350bbe4bbd3bb550ae0cda.png

2 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I did seen that we looks like we got a new location that is "Deliverance Hideout", I'm pretty sure that's a new location since I don't recognize the layout appeared in Gaiden nor there weren't that many hideouts in the original game.

By the way, does anyone know what the screenshot that showed "23rd of Pegastym" exactly means, I don't think that was in the original game as well?

3206015-fe3.thumb.png.84aebd7bb7e7bb5a9beb55bda0ad63b2.png3206019-fe7.thumb.png.9de38506ba350bbe4bbd3bb550ae0cda.png

No, "23rd of Pegastym" was not in the game...at all. This must be a new feature that hasn't really been talked about a lot.

Deliverance Hideout is probably just the cave Clive and the crew are hiding in, since Celica says "He's leading the deliverance, isn't he?" in the new trailer

23rd of Pegastym sounds like Day and Month, and the 401 the year. A calendar, basically.

Which is why I find it intriguing if it is. Considering that's something quite new. 401 years of what.

I also believe that "No supports in battle" simply means that pair up is absent.

A few things I gleamed from the screenshots:

-TEC really is Skill, and has been translated as such (What a twist!!!!1!)

-The list on the right doesn't seem to be the inventory, but a list of abilities. Equipped weapons instead appear on the upper middle screen.

-Tobin has +3 Strenght and -3 Speed, seems to be the effect of the Steel Bow he has equipped.

-The Rebellion has been called the Deliverence in the new trailer, so it's not really a new location.

The news that there's no avatar is kind of a relief.  Part of me was a little curious to see how it'd be handled if it ended up being a feature, but I also recognize that the avatar in New Mystery basically shat on Marth's legacy by taking the spotlight too often.  I ultimately want Alm and Celica to get their due tribute and with no avatar to get in the way of that, it only becomes more likely.

Also, I thought we sort of already confirmed there was no pair-up?  Or was that just conjecture?  I've followed the news of this game well enough, but I forget some things.

And though we've seen them a few times already, I just want to say that those monsters look pretty spoopy.

20 minutes ago, Night Zap said:

-The Rebellion has been called the Deliverence in the new trailer, so it's not really a new location.

So that means the Deliverance Hideout is what was once called "Rebellion HQ"?  Definitely fits the informal nature of the location better.  A den filled with undead monsters is the last thing I'd think of when I hear the word "headquarters".