One thing that's really missing from this game is a Character Encyclopedia

Jave

So far I've only gotten rid of duplicates because I like having as much different characters as possible so I can check their art and description and I like picturing how all of them are hanging out as super best friends. But I know the day where the amount of different characters is going to exceed the character limit will eventually arrive, and I'll be forced to either buy extra storage or get rid of characters I don't care too much about, but it'll still be painful.

I really hope they patch in a character log or encyclopedia in the future. But then again, this is a gacha, so it wouldn't strike me as odd if it's all intentional, for the reasons I stated above.

You say "then again, this is a gacha", but gachas would be MORE likely to include an encyclopedia or character log, not less. The reason being they want to encourage people to continue spending and summoning, not to stop because they're out of inventory space (yeah they can get revenue from people buying more inventory space, but that's not much). And though I'm not exactly a gacha connoisseur by any means, all the ones I've played off the top of my head have some sort of log. So it wouldn't surprise me if Heroes decided to patch one in later.  

I really like the idea of a character log, and I liked it back when Radiant Dawn had it there. We get blurbs of the main characters in the series when the game it patching itself, so having that alongside the sprite with a small blurb of every character would be a neat little thing. And as said above, it would be an extra incentive to get people summoning.

Not to mention, it could be a lore thing, with the Order of Heroes recording details and information about the Heroes that they summon.

Edited by Extrasolar

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, I would have really liked a Gallery of sorts. There is one, but only has Summoning Movies in it (speaking of which, I wish the new Focus units all got movies...).

I think one of the interviews said they couldn't due to the space it would take on phones. Would be nice though. 

Hopefully, they will include a character log. I always love those in gacha games - especially those that have some information about the character :)

Yes, a character log or kind of would have been welcome. I'd love to see in-game what characters actually exist. Watching their artwork is nice as well.

Why isn't this a thing?

I just want a way to replay the 5-star level 40 conversations.

Also a way to play the voice lines used when entering a mission, selecting a unit, etc.

And view the battle sprites at their full size standing there being adorable.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just want a way to replay the 5-star level 40 conversations.

Also a way to play the voice lines used when entering a mission, selecting a unit, etc.

And view the battle sprites at their full size standing there being adorable.

Yes, yes, and yes. 

Especially the point about being able to see the battle chibis because they're so adorable <3

Yup, I agree. Sending units home would be less painful, and it's not as though you lower the motivation for pulling (since presumably you don't unlock their gallery entry until you pull them once).

I also second adding more summoning movies. I understand the concern about storage space, but .. it seems lame to think that the same 8 characters will forever have summoning movies (and that even new players who pull 3* M!Robin will see a movie, but not one for the current focus).

18 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I think one of the interviews said they couldn't due to the space it would take on phones. Would be nice though. 

I wouldn't mind using the internet to stream the gallery, but I understand some might think no gallery is better than one that makes the game look slow.