Which fire emblem fates boss do you think is the hardest/easiest?

SupahTrainees

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give Kotaro in Conquest the spot for hardest just because hitting him is bloody difficult. Tried attacking with Effie to encourage him to use his Flame Shrunken and reduce his avoid but of course he went and one rounded her with it. That's what you get for not calculating stats before hand. Iago in Conquest was also pretty annoying with his hacks class and skill. Though once you do eventually reach him tearing him apart isn't too difficult.

5 hours ago, SupahTrainees said:

I 1-shot kotaro

Yeah, well, I think you're bluffing. Even outside of Conquest, you can't oneshot him without a crit.

That said, I'd say either Kotaro in Conquest or Takumi in chapter 23 for hardest, though chapter 25 Ryoma is up there.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

In my game of Conquest, Saizo got to Kotaro and critical hit one-shotted him. He stole the experience, but at least there was a cool conversation and poetic justice. I don't remember the battles in the other versions.

If it counts, Garon in Birthright Chapter 12 is the most difficult. He's on the map, but the goal is to escape, and you aren't supposed to fight him. But his stats are almost identical to the endgame, so if you decide to try to rout the enemy instead of escaping, he's nearly impossible.

As a pure boss, probably C24 Hinoka. Her speed is crazy so she doubles most, and the threat of 1-2 Luna procs (not to mention weapons to strike either defence) means she may kill anyone she doubles. And she has loads of avoid thanks to Winged Shield + the gate.

Kotaro is also a good boss as others have noted, but Camilla stands up to him pretty well.

Most bosses in the game were pretty easy imo. It was the levels themselves that could be annoying and/or challenging, especially that goddamn final Conquest chapter with the wave of energy every few turns. Argh, so annoying.

For the easiest, I'm just gonna go with what stood out in my mind as particularly easy, especially for what was supposed to be the final boss. Garon in both Conquest and Birthright. Birthright was just a matter of rushing him with Ryoma and my Avatar Paired Up and just attacking him until we won the fight. No wrenches thrown in the plan, nothing more.

Slime!Garon was much of the same, just attack until dead, though he took a little longer to kill because of his higher HP so a bunch more of units had to chip in.

Hardest: I'm going to echo people with Kotaro and his extremely high Avoid; considering Effie was my go-to choice to kill him, she had trouble hitting him a few times that made the fight a little annoying, and his Flame Shuriken decimated her HP if I wasn't careful.

1 hour ago, Rex Glacies said:

In my game of Conquest, Saizo got to Kotaro and critical hit one-shotted him. He stole the experience, but at least there was a cool conversation and poetic justice. I don't remember the battles in the other versions.

That's pretty great, haha. I remember a similar thing happened in Genealogy for me; Jamke crit Sandima and 1-shot him. So, so satisfying from a character and story standpoint.

Edited by Extrasolar

Heartseeker+stave trivializes high evade bosses entirely. Expect 95%+ hitrates on Kotaro with this.

The boss with the highest benchmarks is final takumi. Hardest boss tacticly is probably the Ch4 faceless of all things.

Easiest boss is by far Ch1 Xander.

Edited by joshcja

Hardest boss - 23 Takumi. You have to pray to the Random Number Goddess that he doesn't crit.

Easiest - 26 Xander. On every playthrough, the Avatar was able to kill him in one round.

5 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

As a pure boss, probably C24 Hinoka. Her speed is crazy so she doubles most, and the threat of 1-2 Luna procs (not to mention weapons to strike either defence) means she may kill anyone she doubles. And she has loads of avoid thanks to Winged Shield + the gate.

Kotaro is also a good boss as others have noted, but Camilla stands up to him pretty well.

Hmmm... She didn't stand out to me considering what came right after (good luck trying to hit Ryoma; even with a grace period during which he won't bother attacking, it won't mean much if you get unlucky, and woe to the Corrin that gets speed screwed to the point they get doubled), as well as what came before (have fun with Takumi's crit chance and two procs).

4 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

For the easiest, I'm just gonna go with what stood out in my mind as particularly easy, especially for what was supposed to be the final boss. Garon in both Conquest and Birthright. Birthright was just a matter of rushing him with Ryoma and my Avatar Paired Up and just attacking him until we won the fight. No wrenches thrown in the plan, nothing more.

Slime!Garon was much of the same, just attack until dead, though he took a little longer to kill because of his higher HP so a bunch more of units had to chip in.

This might just be me, but honestly, I found Garon to be somewhat unpleasant, at least in human and slime forms - anyone not named Corrin might as well stay the hell away unless you are fine with risking a restart because he got a crit in. Oh, and he has 3 range, meaning your healers aren't safe.

13 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Hmmm... She didn't stand out to me considering what came right after (good luck trying to hit Ryoma; even with a grace period during which he won't bother attacking, it won't mean much if you get unlucky, and woe to the Corrin that gets speed screwed to the point they get doubled), as well as what came before (have fun with Takumi's crit chance and two procs).

Just Dual Club Ryoma (be it either Corrin or Camilla, Camilla is more reliable), its the new Hammer Black Knight, it makes him pretty much a joke, Shuriken spam also works. 

Edited by Jedi

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

Just Dual Club Ryoma (be it either Corrin or Camilla, Camilla is more reliable), its the new Hammer Black Knight, it makes him pretty much a joke, Shuriken spam also works. 

Do fliers get the damage reduction that that floor offers? Also, even if Camilla was more reliable, you have to go and defeat both Saizo and Kagero before anyone else can take a crack at Ryoma, and trying to do so WILL suck if you don't have Shurikenbreaker. Also, there's no guarantee that Corrin will even have an axe using class available...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Getting the Spy's weapons from My Castle rewards pretty much trivializes any stationary boss in the game. It's only a matter of whether or not you can actually hit them, but as your Spy's Yumi user will probably be Mozu, who will have Certain Blow by that point... well...

The only bosses this tactic doesn't work on are obviously Ganon, final Taco Meat and Ananas (German for pineapple), so they could be considered the hardest, I guess.

Easiest boss is Camilla in all boss encounters. Just have a bow user and she's gone (overall map difficulty notwithstanding)

Edited by DragonFlames

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Easiest boss is Camilla in all boss encounters. Just have a bow user and she's gone (overall map difficulty notwithstanding)

Not so much in Birthright, where she laughs at bows with Bowbreaker.

Every boss on Revelation is the easiest. Well okay, not everyone, Ryoma and Xander are obvious exceptions. Every boss in Valla is either a joke, or the in the case of the last, an HP sink. Arete, Mikoto, Sumeragi, and Gunter are all too weak despite being  plot important. Why didn't they bother mitigating Gunter's weaknesses? Or hack Mikoto a S bow rank for the Pursuer? Sumeragi has 50 attack on Lunatic plus Astra, which is threatening, but 24 Speed at so high a level as a Swordmaster? Newsflash- Sumeragi fathered Subaki and Hinata! Sumeragi has more Speed as ??? in C5 by the way. Arete is just disappointing in all three of her fights. And then we have a Faceless tossed in for good measure- because this game's plot really needed monsters (sarcasm).

I'd personally say Daniela is the easiest boss. Even ignoring the three Dragon Veins you can use, you get a Beast Killer in that same map. And on top of that, you just got Scarlet... Yeah.

Birthright Garon was embarrassingly easy. When I realised I could beat the map in one move (it may have been two, but even then...) I had a moment when I thought there surely had to be something more to it.

I hardly can say which is easiest boss. I personally found all the birthright bosses easy(without counting chapter 12 garon) and I played it on lunatic.

I didn't finish yet revelation lunatic yet but I didn't find any boss force me to reset. You can skip both Xander and Ryouma but I still decide to fight them and only Ryouma is scary for his high speed and atk but using  Azura+Oboro(and all the reduce damage skill) to hit and run I manage to kill him without any risk.

I finished only Conquest hard. Without counting chapter 10 Takumi, most of the late game boss can OHKO your units if you have bad RNG and they very hard to kill. Here too I hardly can say which is the hardest. I didn't find FinalBossTakumi and Ryouma any harder than Hinoka and Chapter 23 Takumi. Most of time is the chapter hard and not the boss itself.

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Not so much in Birthright, where she laughs at bows with Bowbreaker.

Eh, Certain Blow / Quixotic are a thing, after all. And it's pretty easy to get both on your desired Sniper. Takumi and Kiragi can get both skills with only two Heart Seals and for Mozu, you only need an A+ support with Oboro and two Heart and one Friendship Seal. It's not that hard to pull off, especially on Birthright and even then, you only really need Certain Blow, anyway (even better if you combine that with a Surefire Yumi). Bowbreaker used to be threatening in Awakening, not so much in Fates, as there are simple tricks to bypass it, like the one I described just then.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Eh, Certain Blow / Quixotic are a thing, after all. And it's pretty easy to get both on your desired Sniper. Takumi and Kiragi can get both skills with only two Heart Seals and for Mozu, you only need an A+ support with Oboro and two Heart and one Friendship Seal. It's not that hard to pull off, especially on Birthright and even then, you only really need Certain Blow, anyway (even better if you combine that with a Surefire Yumi). Bowbreaker used to be threatening in Awakening, not so much in Fates, as there are simple tricks to bypass it, like the one I described just then.

Neither of those are going to be a factor the first time you see her, in chapter 13. And Quixotic, in addition to being just awful, is a level 15 skill, AKA too little too late.