Pick My Stats - Future Run

I'm currently doing a completely randomized run of FE7. Classes, stats, rates, items, affinities, weapons (which is painful when lots of items turn out to have Devil on them). It's all been changed. Nothing like a Monk Lyn...

I'd like to be a little more controlled with the FE8 run I'm wanting to do after finishing FE7. I'd like to have some suggestions for the different characters, but I'd like to have them take on the stats of other FE characters from earlier or later games. That is, take Eirika and give her Ike's starting stats and growth rates. They wouldn't necessarily have to match up (Lord to Lord, or Cleric to Cleric), but I think a little sense should work out and make it possible (giving a Cleric a 0 MAG with 0% is just asking for exclusion from usage).

I'm new to nightmare, but I've done enough that I understand stats for characters, and with your help I can figure out the rest needed, I bet. I don't know if the best thing to do here is start a google docs to track and people can put changes there, or what.

I'd love to discuss item or weapon changes, but starting small works best, I think.

EDIT: Link to google tracking sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-_4JDF5VRIUioSgLtUKduh4BNL7mK1brwum1-b_gGkQ/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by StenirRPG

Will all of the units retain their original classes, or are those getting randomized too? Anyways, giving Gerik Ike's growths from PoR would make a pretty helpful unit. They're similar to his own, but slightly better. Joshua could have Azura's growths, and L'Arachel can have Elise's. Those should make some interesting units.

6 hours ago, NoMommaGarchomp said:

Amelia with the growths and bases of FE6 Karel. 

You monster, that's amazing and horrifying at the same time.

As for a suggestion, Syrene with the bases of Marcia with +1 Con, while keeping her growths?

My thought was that I would change classes, growth rates, and the base stats of the characters. I feel comfortable enough doing that. Everything, other than the base stats by class, are on the character editor, I believe.

I'm going to make a list of everything and work on listing the updated as well. Shouldn't take too long to put that together. Granted, the changes don't have to line up, I think. You could have a character have Ike's Class (thus inheriting the Class Base from there), Moulder's growth rates, and Marth's base stats. Mix and match on everything.

This is sort of scaring me in the best way possible. I'm going to have to make a master spreadsheet (thank God I'm very good at Excel) which might make it easier to switch some stuff around.

I guess the next question is when I change class bases, who should I be using? So, like, I change Cavalier's base stats...but what version of Cavalier's base stats do I pull?

To make certain I'm understanding this right, a Character has a base stat, a modifier, a class, and growths. To get their starting stats, you add their base stat and modifiers together, right? So Eirika could have Lord with a Class Base Stat of 15 HP, and her modifier is 3, so her starting HP is 18?

And then for enemies, it's basically that Base Stat plus random level ups at the start of each battle based on the class growth rates?

I'll be back later with some sort of spreadsheet to track these. First come, first served, of course.

15 hours ago, Ace Pelleas said:

Moulder should have 0 growth in all stats and 999% on Luck and Speed

I don't think you can go past 150% in Nightmare2. But I can check. Same base and class, just altered growth rates?

On 3/11/2017 at 11:49 PM, WinterMidnight said:

Will all of the units retain their original classes, or are those getting randomized too? Anyways, giving Gerik Ike's growths from PoR would make a pretty helpful unit. They're similar to his own, but slightly better. Joshua could have Azura's growths, and L'Arachel can have Elise's. Those should make some interesting units.

Does Joshua keep his base stats and class, as does L'Arachel?

21 hours ago, NoMommaGarchomp said:

Amelia with the growths and bases of FE6 Karel. 

Franz with Oscar's stats. 

Knoll with Tormod's stats

Seth with Mycen's stats. 

Do Franz, Knoll, and Seth only get the base stats but keep their growth and classes? Does Amelia keep her classing?

So, Mycen's to Seth's stats are:

Level 7 start, 44 HP, 22 Str, 14 Skl, 11 Spd, 3 Lck, Def 18, Res 8, Mov 9

Growth Rates of 20/5/5/5/0/5/0

Class Base of Gold Knight: 40/18/7/12/0/13/6/9

So...taking 6 levels at those growth rates off and then subtracting the class base, I get Seth's new base stats at:

3 HP, 4 Str, 7 Skl, -1 Spd (what the...), 3 Lck, 5 Def, 2 Res. The movement obviously is class more than character.

Is that right?

Edit: Doing the above makes Karel's base stats -14 / -9 / -8 / -12 / -3 / -9 / -8. That's rough on Amelia. If I added her character stats, she'd have -11 HP, -8 STR, -5 SKL, -9 SPD, 3 LCK (lol), -8 DEF, and -9 RES. I could give her 1 HP, 3 LCK, and 0 for everything else. Would that work?

Edited by StenirRPG

Vanessa with Arden as Father Fee Bases  (Growth Rates :95/45/25/40/25/50/12 / Bases : 29/10/9/15/8/8)

Syrene is a Sage with Arden as a Father Ced Growth Rates and Bases (Growth Rates : 115/10/20/35/20/55/10 Bases : 46/16/15/21/10/13/13 )

Rennac is a Journeyman with FE 1 Est Bases and Growths

Eirika is a Archer with Virion Bases and Growths

4 hours ago, Donnell said:

Vanessa with Arden as Father Fee Bases  (Growth Rates :95/45/25/40/25/50/12 / Bases : 29/10/9/15/8/8)

Syrene is a Sage with Arden as a Father Ced Growth Rates and Bases (Growth Rates : 115/10/20/35/20/55/10 Bases : 46/16/15/21/10/13/13 )

Rennac is a Journeyman with FE 1 Est Bases and Growths

Eirika is a Archer with Virion Bases and Growths

So Vanessa would start with 29 HP, 10 Str, 9 Skl, 15 Spd, 8 Def, 8 Res, and 0 Luck?

Rennac shows up as a Level 14 Rogue, so that's actual level 34. 33 levels using Est Base and Growths results in Level 14 something...unless you are specifically telling me to make Rennac a Level 1 Journeyman with Base Stats of 18/4/5/5/0/3/2.

2 minutes ago, StenirRPG said:

So Vanessa would start with 29 HP, 10 Str, 9 Skl, 15 Spd, 8 Def, 8 Res, and 0 Luck?

Rennac shows up as a Level 14 Rogue, so that's actual level 34. 33 levels using Est Base and Growths results in Level 14 something...unless you are specifically telling me to make Rennac a Level 1 Journeyman with Base Stats of 18/4/5/5/0/3/2.

Yes 

8 hours ago, StenirRPG said:

Does Joshua keep his base stats and class, as does L'Arachel?

Joshua keeps his base class and stats, but L'Arachel becomes a mage with Nino's growths and Elise's bases (realized that Elise's growths are because of her class on the wiki). Do you need that information for Gerik?

Ross - Dancer with Ninian's growths and bases (You get him early on, so he's helpful)

Ephraim - Pirate with Hector's growths and bases

Edited by WinterMidnight

I'm going to have to change starting weapons for everyone anyways. With Eirika as an Archer, she won't get her Prf weapon. Ephraim as a Pirate wouldn't, either. Unless I started messing with the classes and allowed Pirates to have Lances and Archers to have Swords.

31 minutes ago, WinterMidnight said:

Joshua keeps his base class and stats, but L'Arachel becomes a mage with Nino's growths and Elise's bases (realized that Elise's growths are because of her class on the wiki). Do you need that information for Gerik?

Ross - Dancer with Ninian's growths and bases (You get him early on, so he's helpful)

Ephraim - Pirate with Hector's growths and bases

For L'Arachel, this makes her into a Mage, which in FE7 was:
15/4/5/6/1/1/3 Base Stat

Nino's Growth was
55/50/55/60/46/15/50

Base for Elise, after taking out the Troubadour base and the 4 level ups, gets the following base stat
3/4/-3/3/7/3/5

So L'Arachel would start as a L1 Mage as:
18 HP, 8 Mag, 2 Skl, 9 Spd, 4 Def, 8 Res

Any idea how to change the item that Seth gives Eirika? I want to change it from a Rapier to one of the bows but can't seem to find it.

I did get Eirika into an Archer. Interesting to make that happen.

Switching her around was interesting. This is a great learning experience. I need to work on the color palette. That doesn't look right with her having green hair.

interesting.png

55 minutes ago, StenirRPG said:

Any idea how to change the item that Seth gives Eirika? I want to change it from a Rapier to one of the bows but can't seem to find it.

I did get Eirika into an Archer. Interesting to make that happen.

Switching her around was interesting. This is a great learning experience. I need to work on the color palette. That doesn't look right with her having green hair.

interesting.png

Turn Rapier into a Bow (Like in Fire Emblem : Weapon Reversal ) 

Is that the only way? To change the item itself? Is there no way to change the item given to Eirika? Seth doesn't actually have it on him, so I figure there's some event happening which gives it to her, but I can't find it.

• 2 weeks later...