The Golden Age. Act 2: Converging Paths.

riariadne

Velvet was nervous as the battle increased in intensity, an arrow coming rather near her and looking like it hurt Kaya plenty. As arrows, spells and blades were all aimed at her allies, she noticed Raz had weakened an archer significantly. Sneaking her way through the brush nearby, she pounced onto the sandy foe and sunk her claws into it.

Velvet to Q8, attacks Archer C with her claws!

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, that was better than I expected... I feel more nimble, is this the Crusader's Calling effect on me? Raz managed to take the soldier down in a couple arrows, which ended up bringing her the attention of two more images, another archer and a mage. The archer's arrow thankfully only grazed Raz, but the mage's light magic actually managed to harm her. O-ouch, that was just an Illuminate spell, how could it be this strong? Hers was definitely far from that damaging... how confusing.

Taking a step back, seeing that others were coming to deal with the two images, Raz turned her sights to a more efficient target. "Watch your back, Kaya." Drawing her bow again, Raz set her sights at another archer.

Raz to M11, fire at Archer Image B with her steel bow.

nice ks Velvet (49, 43) (33 exp/2 wexp) She gets a Silver Bow.

Kolmar's aim is dubious (88, 6) but Charm makes him hit. (33 exp/2 wexp)

Kolmar levels: (43, 60, 60, 63, 16, 39, 58, 15) HP, Spd, Res.

Mikhaila swings (58, 1) and destroys the Monk instantly! 42 damage almost kills him twice over. (30 exp/ 2 wexp) edit: she also sends Mend to the convoy

Raz isn't so lucky, (89, 40) missing her first shot, then getting hit back (20, 91) for 15, ouch. At least she hits the second attack (6, 63) for 14. (10 exp, 2 wexp)

Edited by Reinfleche

(4, 20) wrong tome for that Jovi, but archer is donezo nonetheless (30 exp/2 wexp)

Joviana levels: (43, 29, 46, 51, 45, 72, 85, 96) HP, Mag, Spd. Also, she hits C tomes.

Heals transpire, Aaron on himself and Kaya on Raz!

Kaya gets 11 exp and 2 wexp, which makes a level up.

(40, 79, 33, 93, 10, 37, 17, 30) HP, Mag, Spd, Lck, Def. Wow!

Enemy phase comes later tonight!

Hello, it's enemy phase time again! Their moves:

Soldier B I11, Archer A M9, Monk B K10, Fighter B J9, Cavalier A K6, Cavalier B I6, Nomad A M5, Mage A F6, Weston F4

Soldier B goes for #bigplays against Aaron (21, 74) but only gets #littleplays and does 6 damage. Aaron is mad about this presumably (17, 52) so he hits back for 11. (10 exp/1 wexp)

Archer A (40, 26) fires at Mikhaila and does 9 damage. (1 exp)

Monk B (54, 40) casts Soul Surge and does a brutal 13 damage to Aaron! Watch out lad.

Everyone else just moves mostly.

It's turn 3. Player phase begins... with a new friend.

3X86OYy.png

--

Spreadsheet

Edited by Reinfleche

"S-Stupid, tail... Too heavy... W-Wait!" Telmara stumbled into the battlefield, collapse flat on her face for a moment, heavy breaths following. "Ugh... Wh-Why do you all, have to move so fast!" She slowly picked herself back up, exhausted eyes scanning for-- "K-Kaya! Hey... Ahhh, s-sorry, I'm late." She took out her tome, looking around for something to blast. She had some embarrassment to hide... Unfortunately, the best target for her looked to be a mage. And while she wasn't as magically adept at shielding herself from the elements, most were.

"Good thing I have a sword... I guess."

Telmara to K11, stab the monk, hi Kaya o3o/

Joviana bit her lip as she saw the enemies swarm the group. Seeing Aaron taking a pounding wasn't very nice. Were they going to make it out of this alive? As she thought deeply about their current predicament, she sensed someone approaching her from behind. Turning around, all that she could do was exclaim, "Its Telmara!" 

No sooner had she arrived than she rushed  at an enemy with a sword in her hand. Maybe we can change the tide of this battle with a strength to our numbers? Oh wait...there's that tome that we looted from the enemy in our last battle. Why didn't I even think of using it?

Joviana moves to H12, attacks Soldier B with Soul Surge.

Welcome back snake. Telmara goes to the Raz school of close hit rates (77, 74) and smacks Monk B for 9 damage. She even dodges his attack (73, 44) as a bonus. (10 exp/1 wexp)

Joviana connects as well (47, 33) to deal a perfect 14 of the Soldier's remaining health. He was not a lucker dog. (33 exp/2 wexp)

Velvet's hiding was going well... too well! So much that she was nowhere near anyone else. That, plus the unexpected return of Telmara, spurred her to move closer to the others... but still not too close. Safety first!

Velvet to P12

"Guh!" Raz flinched, not being able to dodge the arrow in time. Her accuracy wasn't as good as she hoped, and the sand images kept closing in... There were even some riding horses (supposedly also made of the same sandy aether). That wasn't good, cavalry backup was bound to give them trouble.

Speaking of backup, a familiar face made her way into the heat of combat, Telmara herself! "Wha-- you idiot..." Raz murmured, lowering her shoulders as she watched the snake woman come out unscathed from a sudden attack to an image. And right when Raz thought her efforts to keep the group glued together was for naught. She and Kaya are such a handful... I'm glad I had my break. But that was enough of that... attention to combat! Things were looking grim!

With the cavalry coming closer, they were solely exposed now. Vulnerable. What to do... It was time to test her instincts. Raz was hurt, but she could at least buy time... it didn't look good with the quality of weapons these images sported this time around, but if there was anyone who could try, it was Raz. "Aaron." She spoke up. "We have to clean these up as soon as possible. Give me a hand." Going first, Raz shot an arrow at one of the remaining images nearby. Quick steps. If I don't call his arrow, this is going to suck.

Raz to O9, shoot at archer image A with iron bow, quickswap to illuminate.

Edited by Xinnidy

"Wait, wha--- Telmara???" No, focus, you can't be distracted. People are going to die if you get distracted. You can get mad at her later. For now just... go heal. She moved forward barely thinking to tap Aaron with her staff as she stared at the demihuman, stunned that she was back.

Kaya to J12, heal Aaron

Kolmar makes the big play (37, 94) for 14 damage and the kill on the Monk. (30 exp/2 wexp)

Raz bowinators the other archer (45, 97) for 11 damage (93, 42) and gets a sicknasty dodge, and Endorphins gauge. (10 exp/1 wexp)

edit: also heals (11 exp/2 wexp)

Edited by Reinfleche

The great archer menace falls (25, 13) to a 14 damage hand axe smack. His auto-spacing was not enough. (30 exp/2 wexp)

Enemy phase will come soon!

"Yes, h-hello-- Urk! B-Bastard, keep your spells to you--" and then he was dead, Kolmar's lance stuck right through him. Telmara dusted herself off, put her sword away, and made sure she hadn't dropped anything rushing to get here. "Ugh... You all seriously move way too fast..."

Time for another enemy phase, the third one! Moves, which I may have clowned up a bit:

Fighter B holds, Cavalier A L11, Cavalier B L10, Nomad A M10, Mage A H8, Weston G7 (positions look slightly odd because of Canto)

Cavalier A takes a stab at Telmara (57, 84), or a Javelin rather, for 11. Then, Cavalier B trades his bro for the Javelin, (11, 86) throws it at Telmara for 12, then uses Quick Thinker to trade it back! [2 exp over 2 combats] And after that...

who even rolls a 100 for a hit rn. nomad A you bitch (100, 27) [1 exp]

Fighter B remains overly defensive (aka I do all the moves at once) and bashes Kolmar (63, 49) for 12. He avoids Kolmar too (64, 37) thanks to WTA and the forest bonus. And that's all for the enemies.

It's turn 4. Player phase begins.

4EkdVhD.png

--

Spreadsheet

As you know already, the Greatforger tile uses wind to move the sand enemies by up to 7 spaces in any direction. It does nothing to the human enemies, though (Mage A, Weston, and Dimitrius).

Edited by Reinfleche

Taking javelins was never a pleasant experience, neither was the sound and feeling of torn flesh. With a grimace and a hard gasp, Telmara shrunk back from the assault, taking out her tome proper. "Figures s-statues don't, kn-know how to treat a girl..." With a similar fire in her eyes, she sent off a spell, hoping to knock the creation to pieces.

Telmara to L12, attack Cav B with gusto