The Golden Age. Act 2: Converging Paths.

riariadne

There was something oddly comforting about knowing that, when she bled, it was still red. Made her still human... Unless all of the demicreatures bled red. She hadn't kill anyone, and fire didn't leave behind that sort of stain. Unfortunately, bleeding that much meant she wouldn't be awake for much longer to take notes. This is awkward, isn't it? I sure look like a weak idiot right now, don't I...

"Tch..." Telmara being taken out was an unfortunate setback. With some of their group headed to the other end of the village, they were stuck to fight these men off on their own. Ridiculous. Storming around the archer, Mika threw another talisman at the pirate coming towards them. Anything to thin the herd.

Mika to N11 attack Pirate C with talisman KE

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

enemy pirates in (20, 17) 4exteyq.png (and he's gone) [36 exp/ 2 wexp]

also a level:

(46, 35, 11, 33, 49, 27, 66, 69) HP, Str, Mag, Skl, Luck

Edited by Reinfleche

Yarvus (63, 31) strikes true yet again, scoring at crit for 30 damage. "Ha! They move predictably." He smirked before riding off. [33 exp/2 wexp]

Raz autohits because of Uninhibited, the Crusader's Calling skill I forgot to post about in thread, but does not crit (86), dealing 17. [10 exp/1 wexp]

(33, 15) nice ks velvet [36 exp/2 wexp]

"Take it easy, Telmara," Kolmar told the prone figure on the ground.  He gingerly stepped over Telmara, then unceremoniously kicked the mage's corpse out of the way.  "You, on the other hand, can go to hell."

Kolmar to O-10, stab Mercenary B with the Parity Lance (I think this will be fatal, if it's short, then Steel. . .whatever will kill that stupid mercenary)

kaya ferociously MENDS [12 exp/2 wexp] and Aaron is at full again. You're welcome

Kolmar hits with the Javelin (party lance is not usable and steel lance would miss!) only through Charm (75, 92) for 12 damage. [36 exp/2 wexp] He reaches C lances. Now he can use the party lance!

For a moment, Aaron had expected some kind of follow up to the archer's roll forwards - for him to pull a knife from his sleeve or something of the sort and to try and finish the job with that. It quickly became apparent that there was no such plan, just some idiot showing off. "I'm glad that one's not on our side." he muttered, before moving to strike him down.

Aaron to O11, punish vaynespotting with silver axe

Aaron makes the optimal play (67, 67) (67, 18)  (nice RNS) and punishes for 16 then 8, exactly enough. "Wow that ACTUALLY killed me what is my team DOING report these idiots I just got one shot by the tank fuck this game" he ranted as he died, rocketing the red team's Vaynespotting scores up even higher. [33 exp/3 wexp]

(29, 63, 28, 47, 53, 41, 3, 56) HP, Defense, and rounded Luck. Also he has full charged Sol now!

Time for enemy phase again!

For moves, Knight A goes to M9 and Cavalier A goes to M6. Then, archer stays in place and shoots at Khan again (63, 12), dealing 7 more damage. That would be all, except... from the north, a group of enemy reinforcements appear. "Sir, our scouting force has returned from the north," Walter spoke up. "They will be much needed assistance in the battle, likely."

"Well, then what are you waiting for?" Jace asked. "Get to it soon! We are not succeeding at all! All our work is being brought down to nothing." He readied a fearsome axe, crackling with electricity. "Let's get a move on sooner rather than later."

On Khan's turn, he gains 1 speed back. That's enough to double the archer (67, 97) (51, 19) for 22, then 11 damage... and that archer certainly can't survive that!

It's turn 4 player phase now!

itOExB9.png

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcCwlTsG0D4yALkymth1RsRTlsw-u848ADkBVAkSgmM/edit#gid=945975530 here is the sheet again

Q-11, mend Telmara

Kaya had reluctantly healed Aaron over Telmara first because the man had almost been down as well, but the second she got the chance, she rushed over to the fallen demi-human, and knelt down next to her, grabbing the mend staff from her side. "Here Telmara, it's ok. Hold on a second longer, ok?" Gently placing the jewel at the tip of the staff on Telmara's forehead, she focused, sending pure healing magic into the wounded woman. She let out a small sigh of relief as she watched the wounds patch themselves up, leaving no sign of the terrifying wounds that had been there just a second ago. "There. You're safe."

Edited by scorri

Hmph. Little challenge. Perhaps the one that had dealt Telmara that blow was the only bandit with any skill behind his blade. Alas, he was dead now, and there was no challenge to be gained from a corpse. She readied her last talisman and smirked. If things were going to be this easy, then there was little point in excess exertion. They would mop these fools up and have time aplenty to relax.

Telmara groaned as the light flooded back into her eyes, her tail coiling up and covering her... She'd nearly been killed, and not even while being cocky. The worst sort of situation. "Th-Thank you, K, Kaya..." How embarrassing... That wasn't something she ever wanted to repeat. Not in front of Kaya...

Telmara O13 Mika N14

Lots of moves happen. Yarvus's streak continues (62, 17) [33 exp/2 wexp], and Kaya menderinos [12 exp/2 wexp].

Now it's enemy phase. Their moves:

Cavalier A O9

Cavalier C M1
Cavalier D L1
Cavalier E R9
Pirate E R6
Thief A J1
Carson N10
Walter M11

Combats!

Cavalier A charges at Aaron and swings (43, 53) for 6 damage. For the first time in the RP, Aaron misses (84, 82) and triggers

Destiny. Woohoo? [1 exp/1 wexp]

Cavalier E engages Velvet in REAL BATTLE (80, 52), missing his attack. Then uh... (71, 1) nice KS attempt Velvet, except she doesn't double so no kill, and also doesn't have any crit, so this epic RN is, sadly, only 8 damage. [10 exp/1 wexp]

Carson and Walter, spurred on by Jace's anger, rush forward with weapons ready. "Prepare to lose, armored buffoon!" Carson taunts him. "You'll be sorry you ever headed this way when we're through with you," Walter followed up.

Carson throws his Javelin (10, 11) at Aaron for 7 damage. Aaron's Destiny allows him a hit (90, 4) he would've otherwise missed! Unfortunately Carson's Hearty Fighter makes said attack do only 4 damage, which triggers the worst Sol of all time. [14 exp/1 wexp]

Walter sucks (65, 12) and misses Aaron with his Longbow. "Inconceivable!" He Quickswaps back to his Falcatta when he cantos forward for some reason. [1 exp]

On other phase, Khan spots the northern troops heading towards them. "Urgh! You must retreat, people of Titan!" he shouted. "I'll hold them off, regardless of the difficulty. I, Major Khan, will not back down, no matter how much the odds are against me!" He and the other 4 NPCs go as far towards the bottom of the map with their movement as they can, which I don't feel like typing.

It is turn 5. Player phase begins.

gamap5.png

The spreadsheet is up there already! Surely nobody needs it still?

Edited by Reinfleche
Sf is interestingly bad

Yarvus connects (20, 45) for 15 damage,  then taking (42, 43) 12 damage in return from Carson. [14 exp/2 wexp] Boss bonus results in a level up for Yarvus, the second of his debut map! Not bad at all.

(58, 56, 73, 30, 35, 4, 89, 71) HP, Skill, Luck, Shin smiles somewhere in Britain. Were only his level up RNs as good as the ones he gets for crit chance.

Joviana finishes the kill (11, 37) for exact damage, it's super effective! Okay we've exhausted all the Pokemon Ice Beam jokes at this point, no more of them from anyone forever. She gets a crazy amount of exp from her level difference and the boss modifier [59 exp/2 wexp].

(76, 21, 67, 43, 14, 37, 76, 27) Speed, Luck, rounded Res. Notably, Joviana's first luck level!

"Gruh... who are you people? The soldiers were easy... nobody was supposed to stop us..." Carson was in disbelief as he toppled over.

Edited by Reinfleche
res instead of skill