The Golden Age. Act 2: Converging Paths.

riariadne

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kolmar's Javelin (54, 79) flies true to hit Mage A for 10 damage. (10 exp/1 wexp)

Mikhaila hits him after with her Steel Sword (26, 81) for 13 more. (10 exp/1 wexp)

He still doesn't really seem to have realized what happened.

Ignored, huh... Well, whatever. Kaya could just be weird about things, then... It wasn't like there were enough enemies hanging around for them to not talk, but waiting until after the fight is was. That didn't stop her rolling her eyes a bit and scoffing, before sliding along to try and deal with the enemy swordsman.

Telmara to I,9, after rein has time to process the mage falling over, gust ye ol' merc duder

(22, 10) Shurikens are for ksing... well, knockout stealing here, but still. (33 exp/2 wexp)

Telmara uses her magic (10, 45) and knocks Weston off his feet. Noice (56 exp/2 wexp) That marks a level for Telmara.

(8, 52, 1, 64, 95, 64, 1, 65) HP, Mag, Def... again. (this was also her BEXP level which I only typed on discord) :ok_hand: Also she reaches C tomes to burn things now.

After a few moments, Weston stands to his feet. "Ranged attacks... Maximus was keen on them too." He bushed himself off, drawing a different sword, and throwing it in front of Telmara. "Consider it a trophy, for me continuing would be pointless. I value my life over coin. But, I don't forget losses... when I'm stronger, we'll meet again!" He turned south with surprising speed considering his injuries.

Dimitrius crossed his arms. "Such unreliable allies. A swordsman who escapes, a mage who submits so easily to a woman's charms, and His Majesty's legions at this hampered strength... I will have to do everything that I can. Let us battle! Your weapons will prove weak upon my armor, and your spells endured."

It's enemy phase... which is to say it's Dimitrius time. He goes to H9.

"The demihuman warrior... I will test your might in battle!"

Dimitrius swings hard (34, 81)! His Silver axe deals 17 damage to Telmara, ouch! She then gets (95, 96) the most hilariously unlucky pair of RNs possible and misses (1 exp/1 wexp). After battle he Quickswaps to Javelin.

Now it's you guys, player phase 7:

gvJERTP.png

does anyone really need this

"Uh-huh." Whatever the armored man was talking about, Raz filtered in her mind, what did it matter? He was on his own against a group, and she knew how to give them an advantage.

Raz to I10, illuminate Dimitrius.

Raz definitely misses her first attack (98, 18), but fortunately for her so does Dimitrius (54, 11). Her second Illuminate (29, 12) does land, however, dealing only 3 but she does lower his avoid and evasion. (14 exp/2 wexp)

Joviana gets okay but not great luck: (70, 98) (41, 92) (2, 98) means she gets both hits and a dodge but no crits, even with Fury. Still, 19 (edit: 22) total damage is no joke (14 exp/2 wexp). And she gets a level up too.

(82, 15, 66, 5, 25, 70, 56, 71) Str, Skl, Spd. Value?

Edited by Reinfleche

ARMOR VS ARMOR COMBAT

(18, 69) (58, 71) (19, 77) Aaron hits twice and dodges. He does 7 damage total. (14 exp/2 wexp) sicknasty

"Ghhhahhh!" There was never an appropriate noise for getting hammered with something so powerful, Telmara recoiling back and trying to control her breathing-- not enough, as it seemed, her magic flying off, away from him. With her teeth grit and her vision blurring slightly, she tried to correct herself, having one damn hard time of it. I-Is this gonna be the norm, now? I'm not built for taking hits like this... Uugggh, Gods...

Luckily, Kaya was still around, as quiet as she was being, relieving her of some of the pain. With a hefty breath, and some realigned focus, Telmara cast the gust spell again, hoping to not miss her mark this time.

Snek sits still and goes kapow with windy magic

HEALS (11 exp/2 wexp)

no reason to roll since telm has 100 hit... (14 exp/1 wexp) Dimitrius takes 11 damage.

"You are valiant... but... I will not be finished like this..." Dimitrius spoke, calm as he dropped to one knee. His orange eyes flared, hand moving to his axe again despite his injuries. "There are merits to your magics, but I still have fight in me! Break yourselves upon my renewed defenses!"

Dimitrius's Juggernaut kicks in... next turn he will battle again.

Dimitrius gets up, not moving particularly quickly even compared to before, with his new-fangled stats and 23 HP. Without any banter, he throws a Javelin right at Kaya (27, 69), dealing 11 damage! Good thing for her trait or she'd be donezo. Also she Dragon Rages back at him for 8 damage. (26, 79) She uselessly throws a Shuriken back, which is not even close to doing damage to him, eliciting only a laugh. (5 exp/1 wexp)

Ok it's turn 8. You should finish the map now!

OMFZMyP.png

not reposting spreadsheet this time! ha!

Why were they dealing people that just didn't know when to die? What sort of fool was he to not give up in the face of this. How infuriating! And going so far as to aim at people in the back, what a coward. "That's enough!" Telmara took a slide back, pulling the conflagrate tome out. With a hefty glare and some grunted concentration, the healthy burst of fire sprang forth from her hand, barreling towards the foolish knight. "Die already!"

Telmara to I,8, Conflagrate this nerd

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Ow. That was the first thought that hit Kaya as the javelin hit her. The next thought was oddly one of being thankful that she'd removed her gloves as she watched the twin fire blasts curl off her arms and slam into the armored man who had somehow come back from being seemingly defeated, albeit only briefly. She watched almost in a daze as Telmara moved away and blasted the man, following after her and lightly tapping her with her heal staff. Her mind was fuzzy but she knew healing was her job, so that's what she needed to do.

Kaya to J-8, heal Telm

Raz whistled, watching Dimitrius rise again, what a crazy man. Well, maybe I should try whatever his training regimen is... nah. Seeing Telmara strike him with fire, Raz decided to join the opportunity. "I'll show you ma--" Of course, before she cast the spell, she had to flinch after Telmara's spell managed to flare up flames so strong. "Ghk! W-whoa..." To see such a powerful spell from telmara did make Raz feel a bit inadequate...

(No moves here, boss!)

Edited by Xinnidy

Telmara's first use of fire in a long time must feel good (26, 5) because she critically hits for 30 damage! (56 exp/2 wexp) Surely he's dead...

But no, even after the astonishing burst of flame, it only takes a few moments for Dimitrius to stand back up. "I will do no such thing. Your skills and spells are powerful, but even without my full combat strength... I am far from being even close to death. Still, I must commend you as worthy foes. No wonder His Majesty took notice of you all. I can see now that it would be a waste of both my time and all of yours to continue this... I will depart this city. I look forward to when we next meet." Lowering his weapons, the armored man withdrew golden powder from a pouch, crushing it in his hand and vanishing in a golden shimmer.

--

The battle is over, and with mostly just sand to show for it. That means it's time for BEXP, and after that, a few bonus stats.

bexp: 45 for Kaya, Joviana, Raz, and Mikhaila; 80 for Aaron; 75 for Kolmar; 60 for Velvet; fuck all for Telmara

Kaya level: 81, 7, 35, 44, 78, 7, 30, 92. Str, Mag, Lck.

Aaron level: 32, 24, 71, 77, 59, 89, 1, 76. HP, Str, Def.

Kolmar level: 5, 6, 16, 15, 5, 82, 50, 39. Hp, Str, Skl, Spd.

Raz level: 92, 83, 58, 44, 78, 84, 74, 21. Res, (Skl, Mag).

Mikhaila level: 38, 62, 53, 27, 12, 98, 10, 95. Hp, Skl, Spd, Def.

Velvet level: 87, 79, 92, 100, 28, 59, 58, 59. Spd, Lck, (HP, Res).

With that out of the way... I came to the conclusion that everyone's averages are way too terrible so I'm buffing growths. Everyone gets a flat 15% to distribute, 1 to 1 in all stats, but if you immediately distribute all of your points into speed (MARTH) I might tell you to redistribute. Because of her deliberate investment in a terrible stat to invest in on base (res) Raz gets 10 more points. To make up for lost time, everyone gets 3 free base points to distribute too, but with restrictions: they can't go to the unit's highest non-HP stat, they can't go equal or above that stat (ex 7 Str and 9 speed with speed being this unit's best stat, only 1 point can go to Str here) and only a max of 1 point can be put into speed no matter what.

happy statsing, put your responses in the ooc thread or something

Sand.  He was so very tired of sand.

The past events had been quite a whirlwind.  Kolmar was glad that he'd kept his thoughts to himself before the battle.  The memories of the last battle with the sand creatures came up unbidden.  Last time, he'd nearly lost his life.  Though things were close this time, it hadn't been as bad.  Perhaps Velvet WAS lucky.  For now, THIS battle was over.  He took out a flagon of whiskey, and rewarded himself with a long pull from it.

"Khhh..." Telmara but her lip as the man boasted of his resilience, almost scoffing, but not getting the chance to before he magicked himself away. How bothersome. Not for being impressive, just because she has another fireball with his name on-- f-fireball?

She looked down, the tome in her hand clearly the conflagrate spell. Yet, her head didn't hurt, her arms didn't ache. She'd successfully casted it... "Hah... Haha!" With a pleased chuckle to herself, she turned to Kaya to congratulate herself a bit more, stunned into silence and worry as she saw how badly hurt their priestess was.

"Whhhhaaaa... I-I don't know how t-to work healing, magic, uhhhh... A-Anyone!?" Maybe someone else had some mundane knowledge of it and could help... Otherwise, it was allying salve and waiting. And we were supposed to talk about something, n-not with her like this...