Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

Restrictions for Skill Inheritance (Source from Gamepress)

• Prerequisite skills must be inherited to gain access to the final level of that skill. For example, if you wanted to transfer Life and Death 3, you would need transfer Life and Death 1 and Life and Death 2 as well.
  • Inherited weapons must match the hero's weapon type.
  • Dragon breath attacks can be inherited to dragons of different colours. For example, Tiki (Y) can inherit Dark Breath+ from Corrin (F)
  • Unique weapons such as Falchion and Raijinto cannot be inherited.
  • Unique skills such as Close Counter and Distant Counter can be inherited.
  • Dance and Sing cannot be inherited.
  • "Goad" and "Ward" skills can only be transferred to units of the same class. For example, Hone Cavalry can only be inherited by other Cavalry units.
  • Knock Back and Drag Back can't be transferred to ranged units. 
  • Lancebreaker can't be transferred to sword units. 
  • Wary Fighter can only be inherited by armored units.

For more organized skill-list, you can find it here. http://feheroes.wiki/Passives

Edited by Ewwgene

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No clue on the last two.  I suggest waiting for more information/actual implementation.

For the first one. . .Gordin with a proc (preferably something really fast like Moonbow).  It'll make Vantage actually worth something!  I also want Threaten Def on Raigh, for a debuffer that does a ton of damage.

Edited by eclipse

26 minutes ago, eclipse said:

No clue on the last two.  I suggest waiting for more information/actual implementation.

For the first one. . .Gordin with a proc (preferably something really fast like Moonbow).  It'll make Vantage actually worth something!  I also want Threaten Def on Raigh, for a debuffer that does a ton of damage.

Funny I was considering getting Vantage off Gordin onto either Virion or Setsuna. Though Setsuna too needs a good Special to go along with it. I wonder how many skills you can transfer to a single unit.

(If they are smart then every unit can only get a single inherrit for now.)

56 minutes ago, Ewwgene said:

1) Which skills do you have in mind for your ideal characters? So far the mainstreams are Vantage Takumi and Wary fighter Hector.

i get why people would give Hector wary fighter but if i had Hector i never would caus i like his weapon ability and i think wary fighter would cancel it out

1 minute ago, Silith13 said:

Funny I was considering getting Vantage off Gordin onto either Virion or Setsuna. Though Setsuna too needs a good Special to go along with it. I wonder how many skills you can transfer to a single unit.

(If they are smart then every unit can only get a single inherrit for now.)

Gordin's Brave Bow means that he'll hit twice on player phase.  Virion can make some use of Vantage, if you're crazy like me and have him facetank.

Setsuna needs something like Defiant Atk IMO.  She's extremely specialized, but if she doesn't hit a flier/dagger/bow user, her damage is rather lacking.  Reciprocal Aid should get her into range quickly enough.

As much as I like this update, I think it's going to ruin a lot of the game.  Units with good skills will become food for units with good stats and eventually we'll all have such a large stockpile of skill food that we won't really care about any summons with bad stats anymore.  For example, my Reinhardt won't be very good anymore, but I might feed him to another mage horse when one with good stats comes along.

I'm almost certain Wary Fighter cancels out the innate Quick Riposte Hector receives from Armads.

Vantage on Takumi is more useful for a defense team than an offense team since Takumi typically cannot kill an opponent in a single hit unless previously weakened. My team certainly won't have any trouble dealing with him, though; my team has two units that can kill him in one round, preventing Vantage from ever activating.

I'm probably giving Desperation to a lot of characters. All of the fast glass cannons can make great use of it.

After ILikeKirbys mentioned using a Brave Sword on Hana due to Hana's incredible base Atk, I might also take that idea.

Robin (M) is probably getting Quick Riposte, which will guarantee a one-round kill against Takumi (and other characters) assuming Takumi doesn't start doing weird things like running Warding Blow (which would replace Close Counter).

Julia is probably getting Death Blow, which will finally allow her to one-round kill all variants of Ephraim and Sharena since my Julia is =Atk.

There's a high chance I'll give Reinhardt Death Blow as well. If he can get Wary Fighter, he's also getting Wary Fighter.

Selena is getting Quick Riposte, a special skill (probably Moonbow, which is guaranteed to activate on her follow-up hit), and probably a Silver Sword to fix her Atk somewhat. If Distant Counter is possible, she's getting that, too.

Wings of Mercy on any armor would be so much fun.

Lilina with Raudhrblade would be brutal.

2 hours ago, Ewwgene said:

2) Does the character need to learn the skill first before inheriting to other character? For example, will sacrificing lv1 character with Wary Fighter 1 gives me a chance to learn Wary Fighter 3?

If I read the notes correctly, the receiving character receives the entire skill tree from the sacrificed character regardless of the sacrificed character's learned skills.

2 hours ago, Ewwgene said:

3) Correct me if i am wrong. If they implement the inheritance skill which we can have up to 3 skills, does that means we can have up to 6 skills for each character from sacrificing 3 Characters?

If I read the notes correctly (this one was a bit more ambiguous than the other, though), I think it means that every time you sacrifice a unit, you can pass up to 3 of their skills at a time. I don't know if there is a limit to the number of skills a single character can learn.

6 hours ago, Ewwgene said:

3) Correct me if i am wrong. If they implement the inheritance skill which we can have up to 3 skills, does that means we can have up to 6 skills for each character from sacrificing 3 Characters?

From what I can tell you can get any number of skills but you can only equip one. For example: Hinata has Fury as an A skill, my interpretation is that he can still inherit another A skill but can only equip either Fury or the new skill, not both.

Edit:

6 hours ago, Ewwgene said:

QUESTIONS

1) Which skills do you have in mind for your ideal characters? So far the mainstreams are Vantage Takumi and Wary fighter Hector.

Actually I'm looking forward to giving Shanna Fury, Luna and a Brave Lance along with her Desperation. Four attacks including a Luna before the enemy can do anything!

Edited by mehi1479
Adding new information

Chrom with Seal Atk/Threaten Atk  is gonna be fun to run with.

I'd give Vantage to Lyn, for sure. Still contemplating whether I should give Desperation or Vantage to Ryoma.

I'd want to give Death Blow to Eliwood for those additional oomph. To further overkill it, I might give Leo/Gunter Seal Def. Still thinking of what to swap Eliwood's Axebreaker with. Either Seal Atk, Vantage or Quick Riposte.

Giving Linde Galeforce might be a cool idea too.

Those ideas are so.. gamebreaking.. I don't even wanna have any of these thoughts.. If there are no extreme restrictions I fear they're gonna lose a lot of players.

*max 1 skill per char

*only transfer from same grade 5* to 5*

*class restrictions

*special skill restrictions

In any way it's either gonna make whales more OP or it's totally gonna ruin and randomize balance.

They'd do better adding a good arena system or adding bigger maps (6v6 or so) for more variety.

Depending on restrictions, I might have some fun with M!Corrin's Dragon Fang. At the very least, I should be able to give it to Marth (same movement/weapon type). I think I can also try to pool all my healer's skills together to make an amazing healbot.

I'm definitely interested to see if the sacrificial unit needs to *have* the skill in question to give it away. If so, I might be upgrading some units to 4* just so they can unlock the last version of their passive skills.

I already covered this elsewhere, but here is my master list of custom skills with no restrictions. Unlike last time, I also have explanations, while some existing stuff was changed around.

The first spoiler is the master list of just the skills and characters. Characters before Gunter and Olivia are "somewhat optimized" and cater to my character's Boons and Banes as well as my particular playstyle (defensive). The Awakening Trio and everyone below them I still need to look at again. // The second spoiler lists the character, skills, and some explanations on why I chose them (up to Cherche). It also sorts the characters into teams, but some are just grouped together.

Alfonse		Fólkvangr	|| Glimmer*, Pivot*		|| Defiant SPD*, Seal DEF*, Threaten SPD*
Sharena		Fensalir	|| Luna*, Rally Attack		|| Death Blow*, Renewal*, Fortify DEF
Anna		Nóatún		|| Sol*, Rally Speed*		|| Armored Blow*, Seal ATT*, Fortify RES*

Viron		Silver Bow+	|| Astra, Harsh Command*	|| Darting Blow*, Seal DEF*, Spur Atk*

Matthew		Silver Dagger+*	|| Galeforce*, Reciprocal Aid	|| Warding Blow*, Poison Strike, Spur SPD
-- Alt Weapon: Rogue Dagger+ // Alt A: Close Counter

---------------

Ephraim		Siegmund	|| Moonbow, Pivot*		|| Defiant DEF*, Swordbreaker*, Threaten DEF
Ryoma		Raijinto	|| Astra, Swap*			|| Defiant ATT, Vantage*, Hone ATT*
*Azura		Sapphire Lance+	|| Vegenance*, Sing		|| Fury*, Wings of Mercy*, Hone SPD*
*Takumi		Fujin Yumi	|| Glimmer*, Rally Attack*	|| Close Counter, Vantage*, Threaten SPD

Marth		Falchion	|| Escutcheon*, Pivot		|| Death Blow*, Escape Route, Spur SPD
Camilla		Brave Axe+	|| Draconic Aura, A. Sacrifice*	|| Darting Blow, Desperation*, Savage Blow

---------------

A!Tiki		L. Breath+	|| Bonfire, Rally ATT*		|| Defiant ATT, Vantage*, Threaten SPD*
Nowi		L. Breath+	|| Reprisal*, Rally DEF		|| Defiant DEF*, Swordbreaker*, Threaten RES
-- Alt Special: Noontime // Alt A: Svalinn Shield

Chrom		Falchion	|| Aether, Pivot*		|| Defiant SPD*, Quick Riposte*, Spur DEF
F!Robin		Gronnwolf+	|| Ignis, Rally ATT*		|| Darting Blow*, Seal SPD*, Threaten RES*

Azama		Pain		|| DEF Balm, Martyr		|| SPD Up*, Poison Strike*, Threaten ATT
Serra		Assault		|| SPD Balm, Recover		|| Fury*, Live to Serve*, Hone ATT

Niles		Brave Bow+*	|| Iceberg, Rally RES*		|| Darting Blow*, Desperation*, Threaten DEF*
Kagero		Poison Dagger+	|| Moonbow*, Draw Back*		|| Death Blow*, Poison Strike*, Savage Blow*
Felicia		Silver Dagger+	|| Glacies, Reciprocal Aid*	|| Armored Blow*, Poison Strike*, B. of Life

Cherche (ATT)	Brave Axe+*	|| Draconic Aura*, Pivot	|| Death Blow*, Lancebreaker*, Threaten DEF*
Cherche (DEF)	Silver Axe+*	|| Blazing Flame*, Pivot	|| Defiant DEF*, Brash Assault*, Threaten ATT*
-- Alt A: Svalinn Shield

Clarine		Fear		|| ATT Balm*, Rehabilitate* 	|| Fury*, Live to Serve*, Hone DEF*
Lissa		Pain*		|| ATT Balm, Martyr*		|| Defiant DEF*, Seal SPD*, Threaten Atk*
-- Alt A: Close Counter

Nino		Gronnblade+	|| Glimmer*, Draw Back		|| Death Blow*, Desperation*, Savage Blow*
Odin		Dire Thunder	|| Moonbow, Draw Back*		|| Death Blow*, Poison Strike*, Threaten RES*

Gunter		Silver Axe+	|| Luna*, Harsh Command		|| Armored Blow, Drag Back*, Hone Cavalry
Olivia		Silver Sword+	|| Galeforce*, Dance		|| Fury*, Wings of Mercy*, Hone ATT

Selena		Ruby Sword+*	|| Luna*, Rally Resistance*	|| Triangle Adept, Seal Atk*, Hone Atk*
Odin		Blárblade+	|| Moonbow, Draw Back*		|| Close Counter*, Renewal*, Threaten SPD*
Laslow		Silver Sword+	|| Noontime, Rally Defense*	|| Death Blow*, Quick Riposte*, Hone SPD

---------------

Marth		Falchion	|| Escutcheon*, Pivot		|| Death Blow*, Escape Route, Threaten SPD*
Jegan		Silver Lance+	|| Sol*, Ardent Sacrifice*	|| Death Blow*, Wary Fighter*, Hone Cavalry*
Cain		Brave Sword+	|| Escutcheon, Rally Defense*	|| Death Blow*, Wings of Mercy, Threaten Atk
Abel		Brave Lance+	|| Luna*, Rally Resistance*	|| Death Blow*, Swordbreaker, Threaten DEF*

---------------

A!Tiki		L. Breath+	|| Bonfire, Rally ATT*		|| Defiant Atk, Vantage*, Spur RES
Nowi		L. Breath+	|| Sol*, Rally DEF		|| Svalinn Shield*, Swordbreaker*, Threaten RES
F!Corrin	Dark Breath+	|| Draconic Aura, Rally SPD*	|| Armored Blow*, Seal RES, Hone SPD*
Fae		Light Breath+	|| Sol*, Ardent Sacrifice*	|| Armored Blow*, Renewal, Breath of Life*

---------------

Chrom		Falchion	|| Aether, Pivot*		|| Defiant DEF, Brash Assault*, Spur DEF
Lissa		Pain*		|| ATT Balm, Martyr*		|| Close Counter*, Seal SPD*, Threaten Atk*
M!Robin		Blárraven+	|| Bonfire, Rally DEF*		|| Triangle Adept*, Swordbreaker*, Spur DEF
F!Robin		Excaliber*	|| Ignis, Rally ATT*		|| Close Counter*, B Tomebreaker, Threaten RES*

---------------

M!Robin		Blárraven+	|| Bonfire, Rally DEF*		|| Triangle Adept*, Swordbreaker*, Spur DEF
Lucina		Falchion	|| Aether, Pivot*		|| Defiant ATT*, Desperation* Spur ATT
Cherche		Brave Axe+*	|| Draconic Aura*, Pivot	|| Death Blow*, Lancebreaker*, Threaten DEF*
Olivia		Silver Sword+	|| Galeforce*, Dance		|| Fury*, Wings of Mercy*, Hone ATT

---------------

Seliph		Tyrfing		|| Vengance*, Rally SPD		|| Defiant ATT*, Brash Assault, Threaten DEF*
Julia		Naga		|| Dragon Fang, Rally RES*	|| Darting Blow*, Seal SPD*, Breath of Life

---------------

Takumi		Fujin Yumi	|| Glimmer*, Rally Attack*	|| Close Counter, Vantage*, Threaten SPD

---------------

Hector		Armads		|| Pavise, Pivot*		|| Distant Counter, Vantage*, Threaten ATT*
Effie		Silver Lane+	|| Luna*, Pivot*		|| Death Blow, Wary Fighter, Hone Armor*
Young!Tiki	Flametongue+	|| Sol*, Ardent Sacrifice*	|| Armored Blow, Renewal*, Breath of Life

Gordin		Brave Bow+	|| Ignis*, Shove		|| Defiant ATT*, Vantage, Hone DEF*

Arthur		Emerald Axe+	|| Vengeance*, Swap		|| HP +5, Lancebreaker, Threaten DEF*
Barst		Brave Axe+	|| Vengenace*, Reposition	|| Fury*, Brash Assault*, Spur ATT
Barte		Hammer+		|| Sol*, Smite			|| Fury, Brash Assault, Savage Blow*
Beruka		Killer Axe+	|| Glimmer, Rally ATT*		|| Defiant DEF, Seal DEF*, Threaten ATT*
Sheena		Killer Axe+	|| Esutcheon, Reciprocal Aid*	|| Svalinn Shield, Obstruct*, Threaten DEF*
Oboro		Heavy Spear+	|| Sol*, Rally DEF		|| Defiant SPD*, Seal DEF, Threaten RES

Askr Team ====================

Alfonse		Fólkvangr	|| Glimmer*, Pivot*		|| Defiant SPD*, Seal DEF*, Threaten SPD*
Sharena		Fensalir	|| Luna*, Rally Attack		|| Death Blow*, Renewal*, Fortify DEF
Anna		Nóatún		|| Sol*, Rally Speed*		|| Armored Blow*, Seal ATT*, Fortify RES*

Viron		Silver Bow+	|| Astra, Harsh Command*	|| Darting Blow*, Seal DEF*, Spur Atk*

Matthew		Silver Dagger+*	|| Galeforce*, Reciprocal Aid	|| Warding Blow*, Poison Strike, Spur SPD
-- Alt Weapon: Rogue Dagger+ // Alt A: Close Counter

Alfonse: I decided to make Alfonse into a gimmick character that relies on intense SPD manipulation. Specifically, I rely on Alfonse to proc Defiant SPD as well as his weapon (+5 ATT when below 50% health), with Threaten SPD helping Alfonse even the odds against his foes. Then, he has Seal DEF to act as a "replacement" for Death Blow.

I gave Alfonse Glimmer as he does tons of damage and he will need the low charge time due to his normally slow attacks.

Sharena: Sharena remains somewhat of a support unit, but is also the most balanced out of the three Askr heroes. I give her Luna to help her deal more damage against DEF heavy targets, and Death Blow increases her output further (especially since Sharena can double fairly well). I also gave her Renewal to help with her survivability, and this synergies well with her weapon that inflicts -4 ATT on enemies within 2 spaces of her.

Anna: We are somewhat turning Anna into Catria, but with an Axe and more RES instead of a Lance and more DEF. Anna needs Armored Blow as her defenses suck, and this is also why Anna has Sol. Seal ATT is for utility and also to help Anna stay alive. Spur RES is replaced by Fortify RES to better suit my playstyle, and I give Anna Rally SPD in case an ally needs it.

Virion: One of the alt characters of the Askr Team, I changed Viron from Sealing SPD to Sealing DEF. He has Darting Blow to help him double enemies, and after sealing the opponent's DEF, an ally can come in to finish them off with the support of Spur ATT. He also has Harsh Command as he comments on how your tactical skills are lacking.

Matthew: Another alt character of the Askr team, he remains fairly vanilla. I give him Warding Blow to help him deal with magic users and Galeforce so Matthew can debuff more enemies or apply another Poison Strike. In addition, I swapped out his Rogue Dagger for a Silver Dagger to debuff enemies better. (Remember, it is Matthew or Virion, I will not be fielding both in the same Askr Team.)

Originally, I had Matthew keep his Rogue Dagger and gave him Close Counter so he can also act as a "debuffing off-tank," but as Close Counter is likely to be locked, I changed his loadout to the present one.

Arena Offense Team ====================

Ephraim		Siegmund	|| Moonbow, Pivot*		|| Defiant DEF*, Swordbreaker*, Threaten DEF
Ryoma		Raijinto	|| Astra, Swap*			|| Defiant ATT, Vantage*, Hone ATT*
*Azura		Sapphire Lance+	|| Vegenance*, Sing		|| Fury*, Wings of Mercy*, Hone SPD*
*Takumi		Fujin Yumi	|| Glimmer*, Rally Attack*	|| Close Counter, Vantage*, Threaten SPD

Marth		Falchion	|| Escutcheon*, Pivot		|| Death Blow*, Escape Route, Spur SPD
Camilla		Brave Axe+	|| Draconic Aura, A. Sacrifice*	|| Darting Blow, Desperation*, Savage Blow

Ephraim: Swordbreaker man, Swordbreaker. Give Ephraim Swordbreaker and he will one-round the usual suspects in the Arena - Lucina, Lyn, Marth, and Erika. I then give him Defiant DEF to make Ephraim even harder to kill (and to stop the DEF Seal overlap, even though it is useful at times). Lastly, he is granted Pivot for mobility.

Ryoma: My main man and Anti-Takumi. As I use him as a tank, I gave him Swap so when the enemy comes to him, I can swap out and retaliate instead of always charging in (which can be useful on the Lava Map). He is given Vantage as the ability to counter at both melee and ranged comboed with Vantage is too amazing to ignore. Lastly, I swap out Hone SPD for Hone ATT as SPD will be given to Azura instead. I do this since my +SPD, -ATT Ryoma wants the extra SPD to double even the fastest of foes (and to handle +SPD Takumi).

Azura: I do not own Azura, but if I did, this is my skillset for her. Fury on Azura may look out of place initially, but as Arena seems to only take in stats into account, giving Azura Fury will offset her initial lower rating and make her a little more competitive (going from 164 to 176). To synergize with Fury, I gave Azura Vengeance as it seemed somewhat fitting with that dark aura that seems to follow her. Then, she has Wings of Mercy for crazy counterplays and Hone SPD to help out the team.

Takumi. I also do not own Takumi, but I wish I did. I will be using him like Ryoma, like a tank, so he is given Vantage as well. I replace Vengeance for Glimmer to deal more consistent damage, and Takumi has Rally Attack in the rare event he has nothing to do.

Marth: My current mainstay on the team, Marth handles Dragons and acts as my "heavy hitter." He is given Death Blow to help him one-shot Dragons more easily, and he has Escutcheon to help with his survivability and to also synergize with Escape Route. I know Escape Route sounds boring on paper, but it is extremely useful, especially on split maps.

Camilla: What's worse than a Camilla doubling you? A Camilla that can heal her allies and land all four hits before the target is given a chance to even retaliate. That's all there is to it. (She is also on my Arena mainstay team, but currently she is replaced by Robin as Robin is a bonus character.)

Lightning Dragon Duo ====================

A!Tiki		L. Breath+	|| Bonfire, Rally ATT*		|| Defiant ATT, Vantage*, Threaten SPD*
Nowi		L. Breath+	|| Reprisal*, Rally DEF		|| Defiant DEF*, Swordbreaker*, Threaten RES
-- Alt Special: Noontime // Alt A: Svalinn Shield

Adult!Tiki: It saddens me that Young!Tik is statistically better than Adult!Tiki in every possible way (sans DEF). I like Awakening Tiki much more than her child counterpart, but this is just how it is I suppose...

Like Ryoma and Takumi before her, I gave A!Tiki Vantage to synergize with her Defiant ATT and make her a more "offensive tank." She has Threaten SPD to offset her lower SPD stats, and Rally ATT to support allies if need be.

Nowi: The more defensive of the duo, I give Nowi the almighty Swordbreaker and Defiant DEF to make her really difficult to kill. She also has Reprisal which will take advantage of Nowi's reduced health to deal extra damage. In a way, she is similar to my Ephraim, but uses targets RES and can counter at range.

Originally, I gave her Svalinn Shield (Falchion users shall fear Nowi!) and Noontime to help her stay alive. However, as Svalinn Shield is likely locked, I gave Nowi her current build. Arguably, the new build may even be the better one.

Chrom and his Tactician ====================

Chrom		Falchion	|| Aether, Pivot*		|| Defiant SPD*, Quick Riposte*, Spur DEF
F!Robin		Gronnwolf+	|| Ignis, Rally ATT*		|| Darting Blow*, Seal SPD*, Threaten RES*

Chrom: I have a +SPD, -HP Chrom, so I decided to have some fun with SPD manipulation by giving him Defiant SPD. Even then, if someone attacks Chrom in melee when he has more than 70% life, he has Quick Riposte to deal tons of damage. The enemy can't win against Chrom unless taking him out from range or somehow taking Chrom out when he has 51%-69% health. He keeps Spur DEF to assist with his allies, and is given Pivot for mobility.

F!Robin: I had an awesome build for F!Robin (see her notes way down below), but as I do not have the whole team and the skills I given her are likely locked, I changed up her loadout.

Now, F!Robin has Darting Blow to make up with her poor SPD (acting as an opposite to M!Robin's Defiant SPD) and she has Seal SPD to assist Chrom in doubling his foes. I also gave her Threaten RES so she can do more damage and Rally ATT to support allies.

Carefree and Outspoken ====================

Azama		Pain		|| DEF Balm, Martyr		|| SPD Up*, Poison Strike*, Threaten ATT
Serra		Assault		|| SPD Balm, Recover		|| Fury*, Live to Serve*, Hone ATT

Azama: A variant on a "Battle Cleric" build, focusing on dealing 20 straight damage with Pain and Poison Strike. Sure, it won't kill, but it definitely will help set up kills for other characters. I also gave him the simple SPD UP passive, as I find any of the Defiants will not help Azama as much as a modest improvement to SPD. He's a simple man, so a simple skill should suffice. (It also helps my Azama is +SPD, -RES, which will assist Azama from being doubled constantly.)

Serra: A variant on a "Healer Cleric" build. I would use Clarine instead due her higher stat totals and the fact she is mounted, but my current Clarines do not have optimized natures.

Fury and Live to Serve are mainstays for a Healer Cleric. Fury is to raise the stats for Arena usage while Live to Serve helps keep the healer alive, even with Fury. Then, everything else is interchangeable - Attack, Balm, Staff, and Buff.

Niles' Angels ====================

Niles		Brave Bow+*	|| Iceberg, Rally RES*		|| Darting Blow*, Desperation*, Threaten DEF*
Kagero		Poison Dagger+	|| Moonbow*, Draw Back*		|| Death Blow*, Poison Strike*, Savage Blow*
Felicia		Silver Dagger+	|| Glacies, Reciprocal Aid*	|| Armored Blow*, Poison Strike*, B. of Life

Niles: Of important note is that I changed his Killer Bow to a Brave Bow. This change, combined with Nile's high SPD, Darting Blow, and Desperation, will practically guarantee an Iceberg proc on every offensive action he takes. This is especially the case since my Niles is +SPD, -DEF. He has Threaten DEF to help Niles deal even more damage, and has Rally RES to replace his original Spur RES.

Oh, and while this category is called Nile's Angels, they are all individual units. That, and the team is missing a female character.

Kagero: Deal as much damage as possible, poison foes you cannot kill, and draw allies into the shadows. Reprisal sounds fun on paper, but since Kagero's HP is fairly low, I rather have Moonbow instead.

Felicia: Armored Blow helps with her poor DEF, Poison Strike deals extra damage to enemies when she debuffs, and Reciprocal Aid helps out her allies and herself since Felicia has Breath of Life.

Team Minerva ====================

Cherche (ATT)	Brave Axe+*	|| Draconic Aura*, Pivot	|| Death Blow*, Lancebreaker*, Threaten DEF*
Cherche (DEF)	Silver Axe+*	|| Growing Flame*, Pivot	|| Defiant DEF*, Brash Assault*, Threaten ATT*
-- Alt A: Svalinn Shield

Cherche (ATT): An +ATT, -RES Cherche. As Cherche naturally has one of the highest ATT stats in the game (56 including the Hammer+ and the +3 ATT passive), it makes sense to give her a Brave Axe and begin annihilating her enemies. Using a Brave Axe, Cherche will have 50 ATT (-3 from Killer+ -> Brave+, -3 from removing the +3 ATT passive), which is 7 more ATT than the current top Brave users (Cordelia, Hinoka, Ogma, Donnel).

To help her deal massive damage, she has Death Blow and Threaten DEF. Lancebreaker serves as a death sentence to anyone wielding a lance who fights Cherche, and Draconic Aura helps boosts Cherche's damage since it scales off ATT (+25 ATT? Yes? No?). She keeps Pivot for mobiltiy.

Cherche (DEF): A +DEF, -RES Cherche. Did I mention that Cherche is also a flying fortress? Here, her gimmick is tanking hits to charge up her Growing Flame special, and then unleash massive damage due to her high ATT stat (especially now with a Silver Axe instead of a Hammer).

So, she has Defiant DEF and Threaten ATT to help her tank physical hits, and when she gets below half health, she has Brash Assault to begin her retaliation. When she can finally unleash Growing Flame, she will do massive damage.

Now, originally I did have Svalinn shield instead of Defiant DEF to deal with bow users, which is one of Cherche's greatest weaknesses outside of magic users. However, as always, I think that skill will be locked, so I opted for Defiant DEF instead.

Edited by Sire

I see a lot of mention of Vantage and I'm still finding it too situational to consider on as many characters as it's suggested for.

Vantage is good specifically for a few situations:

1. You can separate an opponent to fight one-on-one, you can kill the opponent in 3 hits, and you initiate the first round of combat.
  2. You can kill the opponent in 1 hit and have already taken enough damage to activate Vantage.
  3. The opponent has been damaged enough to be killed in 1 hit, you have already taken enough damage to activate Vantage, and you are certain that the opponent will target you and not another unit.
  4. Your unit is going to die anyways and you may as well do some damage before you die.
  5. This is your arena defense team.

I feel that the fact that you need to take prior damage severely limits Vantage's usefulness outside of an arena defense team. Furthermore, unless you are actually killing the opponent with your first Vantage attack, there is no point to having it exist because you're going to take the opponent's attack Vantage or not if you fail to make the kill on the first blow.

I'm finding it difficult to imagine situations I've been in where Vantage would have actually been useful.

Nonetheless, @Sire's Defiant Atk + Vantage + Swap set on Ryoma is actually rather brilliant.

For each of the above situations, though,

1. This is actually doable, but it relies on you being able to bait a single opponent away from the rest of the enemy, and the AI specifically tries to move its units towards units it has weapon triangle advantage against in most cases.
  2. Rare. Few units have the firepower for this, and taking prior damage is often not happening.
  3. The AI is smarter than most people give it credit for, and if you've already dealt damage to an opponent, either there is probably another unit in range for it to attack or you're in a bottleneck where there are usually other enemy units behind it.
  4. This isn't happening on a well-built end-game arena offense team.
  5. This is actually doable with few strings attached.

@Ice Dragon

I know Vantage is situational and is not an amazing skill for pure offensive teams, especially for Arena play. However, I plan on using Vantage for...

1. Arena Defense (+SPD, -ATT Ryoma || +DEF, -ATT Takumi || +HP, -DEF Azura || +ATT -RES M!Robin // Provided I ever get all of these guys...)
2. Characters that can counter at melee and range (Ryoma, Takumi, Hector, Nowi, A!Tiki, etc.)
3. Defiant ATT + Vantage Combo (because it mimics Wrath + Vantage of the Tellius games and it looks cool.)

I still plan on running Ryoma with Vantage offensively, even with Desperation as an alternative option. I just feel Vantage suits my style of defensive play more.

Also, with proper setup, players can proc their special skill during the vantage attack. (Wounded Takumi + Moonbow, Charge 2 || Two shots on enemy, enemy attacks and is finished off due to Vantage + Moonbow. // A 3 charge skill can be used if attacking ranged units.)

Granted, Vantage for some of my other characters (Adult Tiki, Hector) relies more on them inflicting massive damage to the enemy. In Hector's case, it is because he can be hard to kill and when he has Vantage, he will do massive damage against mages trying to finish him off due to Distant Counter (like the common M!Robin or Linde). A!Tiki may want Quick Riposte instead and change out her Defiant ATT to something else, say Death Blow. This does fall under the category of "the unit will likely die anyways," but I find Vantage to be more of a cool skill to use here instead of the most efficient one.

The greatest weakness of Vantage is that particular character being one-shot, or not being able to counter at both melee and range (which the AI and players will take advantage of if possible). Then, of course, the character needs to be below 75% HP and be able to kill in that one hit otherwise the combat is "normal," save for the fact the Vantage character attacked first (and may mess up special skill proc calculations). Still, I find it a fun skill, even if it is situational. 

First thing I'm gonna do is

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

After ILikeKirbys mentioned using a Brave Sword on Hana due to Hana's incredible base Atk, I might also take that idea.

Yeah, that! And then she's getting Desperation, to help her deal with armors now that she won't have her Armorslayer! And Moonbow/Luna! And Desperation, so she can shred everything with 4 base 51 (so 55 after a buff) attacks in a row! It's gonna be so awesome!

I thought about giving her Vantage (first thought I had when I heard about Inherit Skill was "I CAN GIVE LYN VANTAGE WOOOOOOO" followed by "I CAN GIVE HANA VANTAGE WOOOOOOO"), but...

6 minutes ago, Sire said:

The greatest weakness of Vantage is that particular character being one-shot

Which, given Hana's paper-thin defenses... yeah.

Incidentally, Lyn is getting Vantage. I would give her Desperation, but she has that already via Sol Katti.

Also, gonna give Sakura Seal SPD and Rehabilitate so she can be my best healer ('cause she's my only 5-Star healer) and pseudo-F!Corrin in a pinch. And maybe Death Blow, because nothing else would be especially good in her A slot.

And I have to give Nino something too. Probably Glimmer. And Darting Blow 'cause mine's -SPD (does that add to Gronnblade's damage?).

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Hana surprisingly doesn't get one-shot by much. Basically just Chrom, every blue not named Catria, Robin, or Corrin, and all of the Blade-tome mages.

That might change if people start putting Death Blow on everything, though, since she's only surviving many of those by single digits.

@Sire actually has some brilliant idea I might use. Though I need the suitable IVs for some of that first.

After taking in Ice Dragon's consideration , I'll discard the idea of giving Eliwood Vantage since it only truly shines on the likes of Takumi, Hector, and Ryoma. I also came up with my own inheritance list. The ----- signifies a team setup. While most of them are incomplete, I already got a basic idea of what I wanted to try running.

The Cavalier one will be the most exciting one to try out. I have most experience using the 2nd team, and I took some ideas from Sire for Ryoma, Julia, and Sharena.

The 3rd team is pure theoretical because I actually don't have Linde nor Chrom, but the idea is to turn Chrom into the ultimate physical wall while having teammates that buffs him up and destroy things fast.

Eliwood		Durandal	|| Rally Resistance*, Sacred Cowl	|| Death Blow*, Seal Spd*, Ward Cavalry
Gunter		Hammer*   	|| Harsh Command, Luna*  		|| Armored Blow, Seal Def*, Hone Cavalry
Leo		Brynhildr	|| Rally Defense*, Glacies*		|| Darting Blow*, Seal Atk*,Savage Blow
Placeholder											|| ,,Goad Cavalry

--------

Ryoma		Raijinto	|| Pivot*, Vengeance*				|| Defiant Atk, Vantage*, Hone Spd
Alt B: Desperation
Lyn		Sol Katti	|| Draw Back*, Galeforce			|| Defiant Atk, Vantage*, Spur Spd
Julia		Naga		|| Rally Resistance, Dragon Fang		|| Darting Blow*, Seal Speed*, Breath of Life
Sharena 	Fensalir	|| Rally Attack, Luna*				|| Death Blow*, Renewal*, Fortify Def

-------

Chrom		Falchion	|| Pivot*, Aether				|| Defiant Def, Renewal*, Fortify Spd*
Alt B: Seal Atk
Robin		Blarraven	|| Rally Defense*, Bonfire			|| Darting Blow*, Seal Atk*, Spur Def
Alt B: Seal Def
Linde		Aura		|| Pivot*, Galeforce*				|| Death Blow*,  Seal Spd*, Hone Atk*

Edited by pianime94

5 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

First thing I'm gonna do is

Yeah, that! And then she's getting Desperation, to help her deal with armors now that she won't have her Armorslayer! And Moonbow/Luna! And Desperation, so she can shred everything with 4 base 51 (so 55 after a buff) attacks in a row! It's gonna be so awesome!

I thought about giving her Vantage (first thought I had when I heard about Inherit Skill was "I CAN GIVE LYN VANTAGE WOOOOOOO" followed by "I CAN GIVE HANA VANTAGE WOOOOOOO"), but...

Incidentally, Lyn is getting Vantage. I would give her Desperation, but she has that already via Sol Katti.

Also, gonna give Sakura Seal SPD and Rehabilitate so she can be my best healer ('cause she's my only 5-Star healer) and pseudo-F!Corrin in a pinch. And maybe Death Blow, because nothing else would be especially good in her A slot.

And I have to give Nino something too. Probably Glimmer. And Darting Blow 'cause mine's -SPD (does that add to Gronnblade's damage?).

An alternative skill for Lyn is Brash Assault, which allows her to always double when below 50% HP. This helps if you were unlucky enough to get a -spd Lyn, or want to double other fast units. Also note that her built in desperation only activates when you initiate the attack 

The main use for putting vantage on 1-2 range units is for arena defense. Imagine fighting a full team of distant counter+vantage units. That would be really hard to beat without casualties.

Edited by Korath88

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

The main use for putting vantage on 1-2 range units is for arena defense. Imagine fighting a full team of distant counter+vantage units. That would be really hard to beat without casualties.

All you have to do is one-round kill them, which will be a lot easier with Desperation, Death Blow, and Quick Riposte available.

3 hours ago, Korath88 said:

An alternative skill for Lyn is Brash Assault, which allows her to always double when below 50% HP. This helps if you were unlucky enough to get a -spd Lyn, or want to double other fast units. Also note that her built in desperation only activates when you initiate the attack

Oh wow, this is really brilliant. Since I don't use Lyn for defense, I guess I'd go with this instead. A bummer that it doesn't work on ranged enemies tho.

Edited by pianime94

42 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Oh wow, this is really brilliant. Since I don't use Lyn for defense, I guess I'd go with this instead. A bummer that it doesn't work on ranged enemies tho.

Ranged enemies are usually frail enough that it doesn't matter, and I believe it still works on Takumi as he can counter at 1 range.

I'm probably going to give Olivia Triangle Adept and Moon  so she can handle greens better. And for Felicia I like Sire's setup, I'm probably thinking of Drag Back and Seal Speed for her A skill.