Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

Broken feature is broken.

I'm planning on adding some skills to Robin, but I really don't want to start him over at level 1 5* right now because he carries my team.

But I'm F2P and this feature is very clearly not made for me.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Roy got dragon fang

You just made my day :D.

3 hours ago, Korath88 said:

You can give blade tomes to mounted mages. Why did they allow this?

Horse teams are going to be broken as hell. Stack hone cavalry and fortify cavalry and proceed to OHKO every unit on the map 

Leo with Blade+, Close Counter and Vantage is dream.

Edited by pianime94

6 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Hmm, what are your guys opinions about giving Ninian Wings of Mercy instead of her innate Escape route? I haven't actually put any points in Escape route yet, so.

I think that'll be up to you, which is more likely, that you need to dancer a low hp unit, or you need Ninian to dance someone when she's low?

Personally I'd ditch the mobility skills, grab renewal for self-sustain, and give Ninian Dark Breath+ so she can function as a debuffer when needed.

But, in all honesty... Olivia might be the better dancer compared to Ninian, since she has Ruby Sword access now :S

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I think that'll be up to you, which is more likely, that you need to dancer a low hp unit, or you need Ninian to dance someone when she's low?

Personally I'd ditch the mobility skills, grab renewal for self-sustain, and give Ninian Dark Breath+ so she can function as a debuffer when needed.

But, in all honesty... Olivia might be the better dancer compared to Ninian, since she has Ruby Sword access now :S

Ninian has Lightning Breath access though, I think I'd value the 1-2 range counter more highly than Olivia with a Ruby Sword =P. Olivia might be better (just maybe >.>), but I also need to invest 22K feathers in her, while I already have 2 5* Ninian's. 

Thanks for your answer though! I'm hinging on Wings of Mercy, even though it would be more SP costly.

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

What's the point of ruby sword? I'm not really seeing it's uses as there are other better sword users to deal with greens than Olivia.

Edited by Korath88

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

What's the point of ruby sword? I'm not really seeing it's uses as there are much more better sword users to deal with greens than Olivia.

The point, oddly enough, is so that you don't HAVE to run another red sword unit if Olivia is both a dancer and green killer. It's kind of like how don't need another blue unit if you happened to have Azura, your dancer is already an offensive threat, freeing up unit slots. (You cover more roles in less units, basically, letting you either run a more specialized unit or just someone you like.)

Edit: Typos.

Edited by DehNutCase

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The point, oddly enough, is so that you don't HAVE to run another red sword unit if Olivia is both a dancer and green killer. It's kind of like how don't need another blue unit if you happened to have Azura, your dancer is already an offensive threat, freeing up unit slots. (You cover more roles in less units, basically, letting you either run a more specialized unit or just someone you like.)

Edit: Typos.

So basically irrelevant for me as half of my 5*s are red units, with only 2 blue and 0 green 5*s. Not like it matters since I already sacrificed my Olivia to pass on hone Attack 

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

So basically irrelevant for me as half of my 5*s are red units, with only 2 blue and 0 green 5*s. Not like it matters since I already sacrificed my Olivia to pass on hone Attack 

Pretty much, yeah. Most people would have the same issue. Azura benefits from the fact that blue is a relatively weak color (Linde is amazing, of course, but she's just as rare as Azura), so there's less competition in her own color, versus Red which is teeming with great units.

First and foremost will be to check what skills/weapons my duplicates have. If they'll be useful on any of my 5* units I'm sitting on, I'll be having them inherit my duplicate's skills. I won't be getting rid of my non-duplicates for the sake of making other characters that bit better.

Just now, Rothene said:

Who's giving their Tiki's Svalinn Shield?

I want to know if by doing this I can finally use her as a strong frontline in this Falchion, Naga's tome and poison dagger meta ;~;

Svallin only works on armors

I decided to give that newer Abel to M!Robin. Can't say if it was a smart decision but man is it a satisfying one.

Oh and when I get that Vantage 3 onto Ryoma, sacrificing the only Lon'qu I had that was a 3* initially and had decent IVs (+Atk/-Def)...

I think heads will roll.

Still deciding on who I'm feeding my spare Adult Tiki to. Lightning Breath to Ninian or Defiant Attack 3 to M!Robin.

I'm a bit annoying that we can't get upgraded skills unless the merged unit is a higher level star like I really wanted Life and Death for Ephraim off the bat but I'm just going to have to get a 5 star of either Minerva, (have one but not getting rid of a +Spd -Res) Jaffar and Hana (going to have to upgrade her to a 5 star then).

So at the moment my Ephraim+8 (+Atk -Res aiming for a +Spd -Res instead) has for merged skills Draw Back, Smite, Reposition, Quick Riposte and Knock Back. In the mean time he has Death Blow which I will be switching out with Life and Death with the former being for tanking (with a Seal Def and Threaten Atk) and while the latter sweeping. My Eirika+1 (+Atk -Def which is what I wanted because she needs the additional atk) Noontime and Defiant Atk.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

Just jumping in here really quick, can Hector get swordbreaker? Do we have an answer on that yet?

No. You can't get breakers if you're disadvantaged against a weapon. I checked nino vs Odin's R Tomebreaker and it was not available.

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

No. You can't get breakers if you're disadvantaged against a weapon. I checked nino vs Odin's R Tomebreaker and it was not available.

Dang it. Well, that is a limitation. I suppose things can't get too out of control. Anyone compiling a list of builds yet?

TOO MUCH INFORMATION TO PROCESS. 

I had benched a +atk Cheche that suddenly became a very interesting character. My 4 useless Shannas suddenly became sacrificial gold. The idea of having savage blow healers and/or giving iceberg to Lucius... oh god.

Looking through my motley F2P cast of characters, I don't really have any skills worth inheriting or anybody I would want to invest those skills in other than Robin.

Just tried to look at my 4* Robin inheriting my 4* Odin and there was a red X over Odin and it wouldn't allow me to do the inheritance.  Why?

I'm sure it's known already but no knockback for Leo, bummer. That said, anyone know if the 3 main characters are actually worth getting to 5* statwise? Can now make up for their rubbish skills and all.

Just now, Jimbo said:

I'm sure it's known already but no knockback for Leo, bummer. That said, anyone know if the 3 main characters are actually worth getting to 5* statwise? Can now make up for their rubbish skills and all.

Sharena is. She's actually really good. I think she's the only one, though.

3 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

TOO MUCH INFORMATION TO PROCESS. 

I had benched a +atk Cheche that suddenly became a very interesting character. My 4 useless Shannas suddenly became sacrificial gold. The idea of having savage blow healers and/or giving iceberg to Lucius... oh god.

Sadly, healers can't learn offensive skills like iceberg. Savage blow is fair game though 

1 minute ago, Eselred said:

Looking through my motley F2P cast of characters, I don't really have any skills worth inheriting or anybody I would want to invest those skills in other than Robin.

Just tried to look at my 4* Robin inheriting my 4* Odin and there was a red X over Odin and it wouldn't allow me to do the inheritance.  Why?

You need to un-favourite your Odin