Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Kagero: Do everything in your power to amp her Attack (whether it's the gimmicky Reciprocal Aid/Defiant Atk combo, or something simpler like Atk +3.
Abel: See Kagero.  For the B skill, give Drag Back a whirl!
Healer: How do you use them?

Hmm. I COULD sack one of my Cherches or Cecilias for Attack+3... that combo sounds pretty good but I don't have anyone I'm willing to sack for Defiant Attack unfortunately. Att+3 might work for both Kagero and Abel though. 

Regarding Healers, not sure....? Like a healer, I guess?? usually hanging back to prioritize healing, occasionally dancing them to get multiple heals off in one turn (and subsequently the Swiftwind balm, which would go well with Nino ofc, but dance + heal is usually my setup for grinding ppl)... Nothing too out of the ordinary that I know of. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

No

They want to reward the people who decided to pour money into this game as if they were getting a share. When are gonna have a fun time putting together the most wicked strats. The vantage empire must be stopped!

Anna will never die!

Anyway, I think I've figured out my team composition now:

Anna: Spur Spd, Vantage, Spur Res / Galeforce / Smite

Lucina: Defense +3, Death Blow, Breath of Life / Aether / Draw Back

Nowi: Defense +3, Spur Atk, Threaten Res / Growing Flame / Rally Defense

Tacomeat: Close Counter, Vantage, Drag Back / Vengeance / Rally Attack

Oh, man, dis gun' be gud.

12 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Hmm. I COULD sack one of my Cherches or Cecilias for Attack+3... that combo sounds pretty good but I don't have anyone I'm willing to sack for Defiant Attack unfortunately. Att+3 might work for both Kagero and Abel though. 

Regarding Healers, not sure....? Like a healer, I guess?? usually hanging back to prioritize healing, occasionally dancing them to get multiple heals off in one turn (and subsequently the Swiftwind balm, which would go well with Nino ofc, but dance + heal is usually my setup for grinding ppl)... Nothing too out of the ordinary that I know of. 

I do weird things with my healers, like have Sakura attack someone then heal for Res +4.  If you're looking for big team heals, then grab Wrys' Heavenly Light.  If you want a buff, plan accordingly.  I like Renewal/Live to Serve on my healers, since they can get a bit of front-line utility with it.  Slot A skill would probably be some stat up or something.

12 minutes ago, InfinityAlex said:

Anna will never die!

Anyway, I think I've figured out my team composition now:

Anna: Spur Spd, Vantage, Spur Res / Galeforce / Smite

Lucina: Defense +3, Death Blow, Breath of Life / Aether / Draw Back

Nowi: Defense +3, Spur Atk, Threaten Res / Growing Flame / Rally Defense

Tacomeat: Close Counter, Vantage, Drag Back / Vengeance / Rally Attack

Oh, man, dis gun' be gud.

I'm going to assume that stuff in the same slot (Anna's two Spurs, for example) will be switched around as needed.  Drag Back is melee-only, sadly!

Edited by eclipse

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm going to assume that stuff in the same slot (Anna's two Spurs, for example) will be switched around as needed.  Drag Back is melee-only, sadly!

Nuuuu! I'll probably switch it with Lucina's Breath of Life for it then.

45 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Whaaat, if it's armor-exclusive, then the wording on it is freaking pointless....., just say, nullifies armor-effectiveness or something.... geez IS....

Why would they need to adjust the wording? It functions exactly as it says. Does Dance need to be reworded just because it is Dancer exclusive?

2 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Why would they need to adjust the wording? It functions exactly as it says. Does Dance need to be reworded just because it is Dancer exclusive?

The difference lies in the idea that Svalinn Shield has a different effect on the unit, depending on its class, dance/sing does not change even if it were inheritable. With the current wording (and yes, you are correct in that it does what it says, so thats not the issue for me) one could assume benefits in other classes. Also, I don't see it as problemtic to inherite Svalinn Shield in comparison to Dance Fiestas with Cavalry or something. So of course, they don't need to change it, but I find it badly chosen, personally. You may disagree, but having no possibility of ever using Svalinn Shield outside of Armor makes the generalized wording weird to me.

19 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

You may disagree, but having no possibility of ever using Svalinn Shield outside of Armor makes the generalized wording weird to me.

But it is the same with all other skills that are exclusive like Drag Back and Knockback. They do exactly as stated without giving a hint about whether or not they are exclusive to certain weapons/classes. Sword users cannot learn Lancer Breaker but the latter still works as stated for the ones that can get it. Why create the iote shield skill if svalinn shield is accessible to all classes?

7 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Which one would be better for Hector: Vantage or Desperation?

Is your Hector's speed high enough to double people?

Edited by Clogon

2 minutes ago, Clogon said:

But it is the same with all other skills that are exclusive like Drag Back and Knockback.

Not for me. Drag Back, Dance, etc. all have the same effect on each unit in theory (and only exclusive because it would be weird on ranged units), Svalinn Shield on Armor has a different effect than on Cavalry, do you understand what I'm trying to get at? Svalinn Shield on Armor is good against Hammer, Svalinn on Cavalry is good against Blarwolf, Svalinn on Dragon is good against Naga, etc.

32 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I do weird things with my healers, like have Sakura attack someone then heal for Res +4.  If you're looking for big team heals, then grab Wrys' Heavenly Light.  If you want a buff, plan accordingly.  I like Renewal/Live to Serve on my healers, since they can get a bit of front-line utility with it.  Slot A skill would probably be some stat up or something.

ohhhh okay I getcha, yeah I like using them for their respective buffs since Serra and Lissa are both able to do that haha. I actually did attack with Serra quite a lot while I was training her, she was kind of a murder machine lmao. At max level she has trouble doing much but I still use her to chip or finish people off in very scarce pinch instances since her attack is okayish with Assault. In terms of buffing Atk Lissa will probably be better at both that and healing if/when I can get around to upgrading her, but in the meantime Serra can heal a solid amount and buff both Attack and Speed so she's my preferred healer most of the time (probably best with Nino as well since she buffs multiple stats that serve her well). 

So I guess Serra is the one I'd want to prioritize-- chances are I'll be needing feathers to bump a few people up to 4* for skill inheritance anyway haha ;;

Did hero just break?

ugh more details

So if I fuse a 3* with Hammer. Do my 5* get the option of Hammer+?

Edited by Ryuke

Just now, Ryuke said:

Did hero just break?

ugh more details

So. We need to be the same star to fuse?

No. But depending on the hero's star level, the better skills it should be able to pass on. E.g. a 3-star Lon'qu will pass on only Vantage 2 since he can't learn Vantage 3 until he reaches 4-star. A 4-star Lon'qu can pass Vantage 3 to a different unit. Check out the latest pinned topic at the top of this subforum.

Just now, Raven said:

No. But depending on the hero's star level, the better skills it should be able to pass on. E.g. a 3-star Lon'qu will pass on only Vantage 2 since he can't learn Vantage 3 until he reaches 4-star. A 4-star Lon'qu can pass Vantage 3 to a different unit. Check out the latest pinned topic at the top of this subforum.

Yeah.. I am going to.

Sorry.. was literally away for a good while.. and then.. skill inheritance came and ruin everything.

1 minute ago, Ryuke said:

So. We need to be the same star to fuse?

You don't have to be the same stars, but the problem is many key skills are 4 or 5 star only.  So you have to level your sacrifice to 4 or 5 stars to have the level 3 weapon/skill unlocked and then port over the whole tree of skills (you have to have the required 1 and 2 levels to have level 3).

This is posing some serious questions about how useful the feature is in many situations because most of us don't have a bunch of 5 star characters sitting around to sacrifice.

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I suddenly have an urge to make my Nowi (+Att/-Res) a 5 star with added inhertiance of Moonbow/Triangle Adept or Svalinn Shield (instead of Def+3)/Quick Riposte; probably still dies easily against Julia with Shield, but would have an edge against Falchions; who knows, maybe this combo isn't too shabby in the end....

However, trying out = pot committed .... and that hurts so much as a F2P... (also I'm probably not very skilled at planning these out efficiently)

My 5* Nowi has the same stat variance, and she actually one-shots most Lucinas without the need for additional skills. I think Marths are possible one-shots too, but I don't really remember. With a backup character to weaken them, in case she can't one-shot'em, any falchion user is no trouble (I use a Leo due to savage blow).

I only wish she could one-shot Takutrash as well, but nah. Not even close. So I'm thinking of giving her skills to deal with that... maybe quick risposte, maybe vantage... or maybe even lancebreaker, so she can counter two different colors - I'm still not sure which direction to go. But I don't think she needs triangle adept all that much, since there are many greens with low res, and she can still be useful even disadvantaged.

4 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Did hero just break?

ugh more details

So if I fuse a 3* with Hammer. Do my 5* get the option of Hammer+?

If I read your question right, then no. You'd need to fuse a 5* unit that has Hammer+ which is my biggest gripe about this skill inheritance thing

10 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Not for me. Drag Back, Dance, etc. all have the same effect on each unit in theory (and only exclusive because it would be weird on ranged units), Svalinn Shield on Armor has a different effect than on Cavalry, do you understand what I'm trying to get at? Svalinn Shield on Armor is good against Hammer, Svalinn on Cavalry is good against Blarwolf, Svalinn on Dragon is good against Naga, etc.

Those are not different effects. There is no difference in functionality of the weapons you listed just different targets.

The atk formula is:

(Atk)*(triangle mod+triangle adept)*(effectiveness)*(skill mod).

Svalinn Shield just negates that effectiveness. But I understand that you view the game mechanics differently than me.

Edited by Clogon

7 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Technically, no, it doesn't have a different effect.

Svalinn Shield on an Armor unit negates the effective damage boost of anti-Infantry, anti-Armor, anti-Cavalry, anti-Flying, and anti-Dragon against your Armor unit. The fact that all of those other than anti-Armor don't apply to your Armor unit to begin with doesn't matter. It still does all of those things, you just don't see any visible difference.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

If I read your question right, then no. You'd need to fuse a 5* unit that has Hammer+ which is my biggest gripe about this skill inheritance thing

Ugh. Pretty much let the whale continue whaling. I dont even like the whole thing ... but oh well.

4 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

You don't have to be the same stars, but the problem is many key skills are 4 or 5 star only.  So you have to level your sacrifice to 4 or 5 stars to have the level 3 weapon/skill unlocked and then port over the whole tree of skills (you have to have the required 1 and 2 levels to have level 3).

This is posing some serious questions about how useful the feature is in many situations because most of us don't have a bunch of 5 star characters sitting around to sacrifice.

At least... I dont feel bad about upgrading my characters to 4* with 2K feathers. Though... This is my plan...Train all units of 4*. (Keep 4 x 4* of each type ... because of these stupid quests... I dont have 4 armor allies)... 

And probably feed off the rest.

Game literally became a whale machine in an instant.

Most skills that aren't weapons have the highest version accessible on 4* versions of about half the characters that get it, although 4*s can still be a pain to get. Still, getting a lower-leveled version of the skill can be plenty meaningful.

I don't know if I should list my current builds. (See spoiler) I've been sacrificing a lot of 5 and 4 stars to make my build, like 5 star Marth and 4 star Gaius. I like my Gordin the way he is :3

Spoiler

Gordin:

Brave Bow+, Shove, Bonfire

Skills:

Attack +3, Vantage 3, Breath of Life 3 (die Felicia!)

Nino : 

Grohnblade, Draw Back, Glimmer (yeah i know it sucks leave me alone)

Skills : Resistance +3, Escape Route 3 (bye bye 5star Marth), Hone Attack 2 (4 star)

Cain :

Killing Edge, -none-, Escetheon

Skills: Death Blow 3 (hawkeye will be missed), Wings of Mercy 3, Threaten Atk 2

Hinata (leaf him alone):

Ruby Sword, -none-, Pavise

Skills: Defiant Def 2, Swordbreaker 3, -none-

There are my crappy builds

On a serious note...

Why cant we change boon/bane?

I didnt roll perfect IV ... oh well..... welll... at least I can beat my good iv anyday.